As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We are going to the moon to stay

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    No dogs on the moon. They'll run right off the damn thing.

This actually raises an interesting question:

What IS the escape velocity of the moon? Could a really fast dog achieve orbit? What about...a cheetah? Or a fucking lemur! Imagine a ring tail in a spacesuit jumping like 200 feet!

All I'm saying is that people bouncing around up there is so 1969...toss a kangaroo or something on that bad boy, let's see what that looks like.

I'm only interested in fresh, novel moonbounce visuals tyvm

Well they couldnt actually run on the moon because of the gravity.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I fuckin' love space and space exploration and all that but there's an actual case to be made about focusing all these minds and resources on this when we've got world-ending problems rapidly approaching that need to be solved. But "THE MOON!" allows conservative politicians to act like they're pro-science in one hand while denying science for anything they find politically inconvenient on the other.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    When we get to the moon we ban the conservatives.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I fuckin' love space and space exploration and all that but there's an actual case to be made about focusing all these minds and resources on this when we've got world-ending problems rapidly approaching that need to be solved. But "THE MOON!" allows conservative politicians to act like they're pro-science in one hand while denying science for anything they find politically inconvenient on the other.

I'm not sure you read the post and understood it fully.

We

Are

Going

To

The

Moon

To

Stay

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    pfffffff

how can they even build a sound stage large enough to film humanity?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Honestly? We’re kinda fucked at this point on that front so might as well fuck around on the moon for a couple years before the earth burns.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I would friggin LOVE to see some dogs on the moon. Trying to run around in 1/8th gravity, trying to go outside to chase moon squirrels, wondering what the hell is up with the sun being blue

Did you ever see that footage of cats on zero gravity, shits hilarious

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Also Obligatory:

Not that I’m astronaut material but I’m not sure i’d want to stay on the moon. Still too close, get me the fuck outta here.

Holy shit, this was funny.

• Options
    but i don't want to go to the moon

But you might die if you go to the moon!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I would friggin LOVE to see some dogs on the moon. Trying to run around in 1/8th gravity, trying to go outside to chase moon squirrels, wondering what the hell is up with the sun being blue

Show me a basset hound in low g

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

don't tease me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

don't tease me

No, seriously, it’s really super dangerous!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    we're fast approaching the first man to die on the moon

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »

Show me a basset hound in low g

We are at best 70 years from allowing anything above plants and bees on the moon.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

I’m not totally opposed to this line of thinking, except that a lot of brilliant, capable people are wasted doing much less useful things than working at NASA.

And while technology is essential to solving our biggest problems, our success is more dependent on political advancement than scientific innovation.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

sign me the fuck up

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    We actually have more than enough of both money and smart people to work on space travel and on Earth problems and it need not be an either/or scenario

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »

Or Woman!

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    We actually have more than enough of both money and smart people to work on space travel and on Earth problems and it need not be an either/or scenario

Exactly.

If we have the political will to do it. Which is the bigger hurdle than lack of technology.

• Options
    Solving space travel problems literally leads to technologies that also solve problems on Earth.

Take money out of the defense budget and leave NASA alone.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Solving space travel problems literally leads to technologies that also solve problems on Earth.

Sounds like someone loves terrorism

• Options
    edited May 2019

On the contrary, if we don’t go to the moon, the terrorists win!

Edit: at this point, if we piled everything about the F-35 onto a rocket it and shot it into the sun and never spoke of it again, it would be cheaper than the amount of money spent on that dogshit fighter. Cancel and burn everything related to the F-35 and use the savings to buy housing for all the nation’s homeless.

sarukun on
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    What's the air conditioning situation like on the moon? I tend to run a little warm.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Edit: at this point, if we piled everything about the F-35 onto a rocket it and shot it into the sun and never spoke of it again, it would be cheaper than the amount of money spent on that dogshit fighter. Cancel and burn everything related to the F-35 and use the savings to buy housing for all the nation’s homeless.

But my air superiority! How will I know I'm breathing superior air if it's not being protected by air-superiority vehicles?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Tintin and Snowy went to the moon.

Blazing blue barnacles, isn't that enough?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Elaro wrote: »

But my air superiority! How will I know I'm breathing superior air if it's not being protected by air-superiority vehicles?

The F-22 Raptor exists.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I could build a balsa wood glider fulfills its mission better than the F-35

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Kaplar wrote: »
    What's the air conditioning situation like on the moon? I tend to run a little warm.

Like do we need to go underground when the sunlight hits the surface?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

you'd probably spend most of your time underground anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I thought living underground was cool when it was undergr...

Fuck.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    the moon stinks, and technically the round trip to minmus is a lower delta-V anyway

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Have y'all seen the video of the dog that thinks the moon is a ball stuck in the sky? (technically correct i guess)

That dog should get to go to the moon.

broken image link
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnV84PcfV7Q

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    the moon stinks, and technically the round trip to minmus is a lower delta-V anyway

What does the moon smell like, if it stinks?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAH NASA

• Options

you'd probably spend most of your time underground anyway

I've never done that so that sounds neat but claustrophobic at the same time.

If crwth is stuck watching our dogs, can I get someone better to watch my cat?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    MY DOG DOESNT LIKE CRWTH