As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I wish IW lasted another day. I have 180 refill orbs but i’m to exhausted to run my daggers through anymore.

I ran IW as much as I could, but I use up orbs that I gain throughout so I typically always have about 40+ orbs sitting on me. And I still haven't seen a rare in 2 IW set runs. *sigh*

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I honestly was too exhausted from the fact I'm in finals season to bother running IW super hard. Managed a semi-decent roll on the muramasa, the psycho rod, and such, and that's honestly enough.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Sephiroth got another skill enhanced. His cooldown skill, Tragic End, unlocks his triple cast for three turns. So now he has access to an on demand triple cast as opposed to just hoping to counter attack it.

As far as I can tell, he does not have that in JP.

• Options
    It was nice to see but I don't know where that places him on the dps list overall. I still think it ranks him below Hyoh in a full set of rotations but I haven't seen numbers crunched.

Still, he's a nice bit of DPS now for those without other big units to use.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What? He should be way higher than Hyoh after enhancements?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    @urahonky Lila can clear the SPR parameter mission without STMRs now so at least there's that!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, the manor is...well, there's no real reason to do it even in JP. I guess they did just have an event where the quests were updated to give, I think, ticket rewards. Maybe I'll do it when (if) we get that event.

I still haven't done Bahamut. :rotate:

It's much easier now that we have passive provoke. Just bring a passive provoke tank, DPS with AoE attack, someone with MP restore, and a bunch of Hayates. Then load them up with reduce encounter gear. Then it's going through the maps, hitting repeat when necessary.

[edit] With our OP units and OP gear, maybe the tank isn't necessary anymore? I have no idea. But it would open up a spot for another Hayate or whatever.
    Actually, Fohlen has reduced encounter rate natively. I know that @Shadowfire loves the choco-bros and he will be way more effective than Hayate.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Yeah, the manor is...well, there's no real reason to do it even in JP. I guess they did just have an event where the quests were updated to give, I think, ticket rewards. Maybe I'll do it when (if) we get that event.

It's much easier now that we have passive provoke. Just bring a passive provoke tank, DPS with AoE attack, someone with MP restore, and a bunch of Hayates. Then load them up with reduce encounter gear. Then it's going through the maps, hitting repeat when necessary.

[edit] With our OP units and OP gear, maybe the tank isn't necessary anymore? I have no idea. But it would open up a spot for another Hayate or whatever.
    Actually, Fohlen has reduced encounter rate natively. I know that Shadowfire loves the choco-bros and he will be way more effective than Hayate.

Yes Fohlen is your friend!

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular

Actually, Fohlen has reduced encounter rate natively. I know that Shadowfire loves the choco-bros and he will be way more effective than Hayate.

Is he though?

I got him a long, long time ago. Never used him once. Thought I could use him for his reduce encounter passive like Tiphares suggested. Turns out Hayate's passive is higher. Like twice as high. Fohlen has never once been useful to me. I didn't even get his helm. All he has going for him is riding a chocobo.

Everyone can ride a chocobo!

• Options
    Here is something interesting...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/brzy3n/gl_quickest_peek_52319/

Some more info on the summon coin shop. There is also a 2nd shop being added where you can get some limited time units.

• Options

Is he though?

I got him a long, long time ago. Never used him once. Thought I could use him for his reduce encounter passive like Tiphares suggested. Turns out Hayate's passive is higher. Like twice as high. Fohlen has never once been useful to me. I didn't even get his helm. All he has going for him is riding a chocobo.

But they don't. Because they're wrong. It's just Yun, Kaede, and Yubel that have seen the light. The rest are non-believers!

But yeah, Fohlen can actually do some damage. I could probably put together a team of just Fohlens by now.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    You have to wonder if this isn't where GUMI wanted to go all along. They hated the UoC system, probably because it was tied to free events and lasted forever. Here they have a system where if you do a full lap, you get a GLEX UoC ticket that expires after the event. For them, now it's tied to people spending money and you can't hoard them for the next meta unit coming. The perfect predatory system.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

Is he though?

But they don't. Because they're wrong. It's just Yun, Kaede, and Yubel that have seen the light. The rest are non-believers!

But yeah, Fohlen can actually do some damage. I could probably put together a team of just Fohlens by now.

Damage against who?

Bahamut, not the shadow Bahamuts but the actual boss, has 14 million HP and 50 defense. He'll die to a slight breeze. The actual exploration has been massively, massively powercrept. All you need to worry about is keeping your MP up for your AoE attack and tanking.

You could bring a friend Esther, tank, and a team of Hayates. Or better yet, bring Wadows. He has the same reduce encounter percentage as Hayate, but he also has an MP restore ability. He gets his reduce encounters passive on level 33 of his 4* form. You don't need to awaken him. Give them Charm Bangles, G-0991E, and the Reduce Encounters materia if you have it.

And I'm thinking, the Wadows/Hayates don't need to be alive for their passive to work. They bring nothing to the team. You can use MP restore items outside of battle. Maybe just bring an Esther and 5 Wadows?

[edit] G-0991E has MP and HP stroll on it. Equip it on Esther and you don't need to worry about healing and MP.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    @urahonky Lila can clear the SPR parameter mission without STMRs now so at least there's that!

I upgraded her abilities even though I won't really use her because I'm tired of not enhancing anyone lol. Plus she's got very l i t t l e overlap with Esther with gear.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm sad Emperor Shera's enhancements aren't better. The idea of him getting unlocked dualcast for his buffs is great, but the buffs themselves are really subpar. He could have been a very interesting unit if his defensive buffing skills had gotten enhanced as well to up the modifiers and maybe even provide some mitigation. Oh well.

• Options
    So Scorn of the Dark Beasts, I think I figured out the elemental stuff. I was being stupid and not applying Sylvie's 50% buff across all 4 elements in my head lol.

So I have M.Ramza, Folka, Sylvie, and Esther. Who else should I grab? If I go for Siren first, should I throw in iNichol for the mirage LB? Sylvie can get me 100% thunder so I can use imbue with Esther to get Siren down quick. Maybe Zarg? for the general DM? or Loren/HT Lid for breaks?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Is your M.Ramza 100% evade? If so, you have no need for iNichol. I'd go with Loren/HT Lid for breaks honestly. If you put them on Lakshmi you can rotate Charm/Stop protections as needed until Siren is dead and then switch to DEF breaks for Ifrit.

If you M.Ramza is not 100% evade, then Zarg for the general mitigation will help.

If you have combined 400% (after buffs) elemental resists you'll be taking some damage, but not really enough to be worried. Add to that that it's all magic damage you'll be taking and Sylvie's 25% magic mitigation should be more than enough if you can fit it into her rotations.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    So Scorn of the Dark Beasts, I think I figured out the elemental stuff. I was being stupid and not applying Sylvie's 50% buff across all 4 elements in my head lol.

So I have M.Ramza, Folka, Sylvie, and Esther. Who else should I grab? If I go for Siren first, should I throw in iNichol for the mirage LB? Sylvie can get me 100% thunder so I can use imbue with Esther to get Siren down quick. Maybe Zarg? for the general DM? or Loren/HT Lid for breaks?
    Honestly, breaks are not that important for this trial. I would go for another support buffer or healer - maybe someone with entrust or MP recovery to help since Sylvie and Folka will be pretty busy. I would highly recommend someone with Dispelga for turn 1 and anytime Ifrit/Shiva buff their ATK/MAG. Then, you don't have to worry about having 100% elemental immunity on every single unit.

edit: HT Lid is a good choice because she can remove the buffs, but the debuffs stay. She also has entrust and MP recovery. I would still put Dispel on her through gear/esper.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Yeah M. Ramza is 100% evade. Usually Folka's rotation usually covers status ailments and stop/charm protection. Sylvie usually goes for DM, then buffs, then LB. I might throw her thunder resist in for a DM since Folka can cover. Esthers can imbue themselves and minor breaks.

Maybe throw Rem in for AoE Re-raise and esper summon help, though it feels like you don't really need it. Maybe throw BF on her for dispels.

• Options
    If you have the proper resists and DM up, I doubt anyone will even come close to death, so reraise shouldn't be necessary. Esper summon help may be useful, but I'd use a different unit to get that because the whole Summon Eidolon thing means reapplying buffs and that's a hassle. Eiko, if you have her, could be a good unit for that.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    If you have the proper resists and DM up, I doubt anyone will even come close to death, so reraise shouldn't be necessary. Esper summon help may be useful, but I'd use a different unit to get that because the whole Summon Eidolon thing means reapplying buffs and that's a hassle. Eiko, if you have her, could be a good unit for that.

there is a threshold move that is magic damage without an element and it can blow your team up if you don't plan for it somehow.

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

there is a threshold move that is magic damage without an element and it can blow your team up if you don't plan for it somehow.

Is that Ifrit or Siren? So general DM is good to bring along. Maybe Zarg is the way to go.

• Options
    edited May 2019

Is that Ifrit or Siren? So general DM is good to bring along. Maybe Zarg is the way to go.

The only theshold thing like that I see is if you pass through multiple HP thresholds of Ifrit's in a single turn. He'll do fixed physical damage that cannot be covered I think. Just avoid passing through two of any of these thesholds and you'll be fine: 90%, 80%, 60%, 40%, (35% after Dark Siren is dead) 20%.

Edit: If you kill Ifrit first Siren will start doing an AoE nontyped magical attack...so just kill Siren first and you're fine.

Cruor on
  • Options
    You can't break Siren, right?

• Options
    edited May 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Don't waste time breaking Siren, just dispel her buffs.

edit: I believe that Siren will debuff you with a larger amount if you break her (40% vs 30%). I could be remembering incorrectly and it could be a different trial.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    You can break Siren's Atk/Mag and Ifrit's Def/Spr. If I go Siren first, then I probably don't need a breaker as I don't want to go through Ifrit too quickly.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Don't waste time breaking Siren, just dispel her buffs.

edit: I believe that Siren will debuff you with a larger amount if you break her (40% vs 30%). I could be remembering incorrectly and it could be a different trial.

Ah I thought she countered breaks with some crazy attack so I avoided using them. With Sylvie I don't have to worry too much about enemies breaking me.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    That new activated triple cast for Sephiroth is great for me. I was planning on using him to chain with Fei anyway, and now they can reliably triple chain their AT attacks after both using their cooldowns on turn one, and it would be easy enough to set up Sephiroth with a dark weapon to make it an element chain as well.

• Options
    My coworker was so excited about Sephy's enhancements, but it turns out one of the main ones (triple cast) is 7* only. Boo. I had him go ahead and upgrade his Orlandeau a bit.

• Options
    warden welter is down, all content up to date.

what to spend the rest of my NRG on now?

• Options
    warden welter is down, all content up to date.

what to spend the rest of my NRG on now?

Let it sit. Don't be a slave to the energy meters, man. Meters are a construct! Fight the power!

• Options
    I'm gonna use my NRG because its MYYY PRESSSCCIOUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!!!

• Options
    It's my NRG and I want it now!

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you're a sadist, you can grind Rank XP 5 nrg at a time by repeatedly one-shotting ADV Omega.

• Options
    Yeah it's been weird for me. I've been sitting at full NRG for most of this week. I'm close to getting the final rewards of the raid and then I'm done grinding that. Part of me is saying "are you crazy, throw on Nox at least". But I mostly just don't care now. If I need a TMR, I have over 500% moogles I can use. The last few units I've wanted though have come with a raid, so their TMR's have been pretty much free.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    If I TM farm, it's for 3* and 4* units who have useful TMRs. I just recently finished Suzume's TMR just in time for Sephiroth's enhancements.

My moogles are for 5* units.

And I'm getting antsy for the anniversary. I keep getting the itch to pull for units, because it's fun to pull. But I hold myself back as I know my resources are finite as an F2P player and I need to be strategic about when I use my Lapis. The anniversary should come with free summons in some form, which should scratch that itch for a bit.

• Options
    Ok. I looked it up. If Siren is debuffed, she uses a different attack that imperils for more and does different status ailments.

• Options
    Oh hey, community event reward for xenogears returns. 4+ ticket, ex ticket, 500 lapis, one each of all the king pots.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Tried a few times at Scorn of Dark Beasts. Doesn't seem too bad, both times I died due to my own mistakes (forgot to refresh elemental resist buffs). I think I need to understand which buffs need to go and which are fine, since using BF is all Zarg can do, and having him help with elemental resists and DM is probably better. Also need to remember which turns they dispel you.

• Options
    Tried a few times at Scorn of Dark Beasts. Doesn't seem too bad, both times I died due to my own mistakes (forgot to refresh elemental resist buffs). I think I need to understand which buffs need to go and which are fine, since using BF is all Zarg can do, and having him help with elemental resists and DM is probably better. Also need to remember which turns they dispel you.

Dispels happen every 4th turn, and then the combo attack is turn 5. So make sure to refresh your elemental buffs on turn 5 before the combo attack.