As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Second week of no 7% rainbow. Good votin'...

40M was CG Fitra #1. Probably a good unit when I get a second

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    7% was Hope
    40M ticket was Folka #2

[edit] Also Yego #3? A wild Yego appeared in my inventory. When sorted by obtained, she appears between Folk and Hope. So I guess I got her but didn't notice.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    10+1 was Aerith #1. 40m was Ignacio #1.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    10+1 gave me Sephiroth #5. Not great

40m 5* gave me Karlette #1. That is great, it's a nice TMR to give Tsukiko.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    10+1 was Fohlen #8.

40m Dark Knight Luneth #1.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    10+1 was 3 golds, 8 blues.

40M ticket was Kimono Fina #1.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    10+1 was Nagi #2 and Kunshira #3.

40m was Red XIII #3.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Circe #4
    Luneth #1
    CG Sakura #2
    Reberta #3

And the step up was Neo Bartz #1

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    40ML 5* ticket was Ignacio #2. At least it's a 7*, but my best axe currently is water based, so 'meh'.

7% summon was Kaito #1 and LM Fina #3.

I also threw a few tickets at the Sol banner since I have a ton now, and got a rainbow. Off banner, as is tradition, but it was Sieghart #1, so I am not disappointed. I'll UoC another one once all of this bonus summoning is over.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    So glad everyones getting rainbows from the 7%!

If anything its pushing back to just quitting again. I cant beat Gilgamesh so whats even the point of playing anymore.

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    40M was Black Mage Golbez #2
    10+1 got me Eiko #1

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    7% 10+1 was nothing, which means so far I've gotten 0 rainbows from any of them. Greatest vote ever.

40M ticket was Nagi #3, which... sure, I guess? Her STMR isn't useless so now I'm only one away. And honestly, even a meh #3 unit is better than a #5.
    Actually, I think I'm just glad it wasn't a Tsukiko since I just UoC'd her on Thursday to do the moon trial. Yeah, just happy it wasn't that.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    7% was Hope
    40M ticket was Folka #2

[edit] Also Yego #3? A wild Yego appeared in my inventory. When sorted by obtained, she appears between Folk and Hope. So I guess I got her but didn't notice.
    Ha!! I got Hope from the 7% too! First for me, but it's a pretty good TMR. The 40M 5* was Morgana #3. I'm holding onto all of my UoC for now until we get word about the plans for summon fest. There are rumors that summon fest units could be in the UoC pool, but cost more (15-20 tickets). We should know in a couple months, but they could be delayed even more with Halloween and Christmas events and units coming soon.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I got either my 3rd or 4th Water Nichol (forgot his actual name) from the 10+1. The 40M was my first Kimono Ayaka. I might have her moogles for a free TMR? Otherwise meh.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular

My very last 40M yellow gave me Kimono Fina #1. Awesome, I guess, but I have 7* Tsukiko, so this isn't earth-shattering, and I kind of wanted Sol.
    Just clicked my last 40M rainbow. Kimono Fina #2. ...so...I guess I won't bother with Sol, then.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    40m step up - Zeno #2
    40m 5* - Zack #4

Pretty nice STMR there, and Zeno might get some use, enough that I dumped a bunch of mini stat pots and now have some box space.

You know what would be cool? If the 10+1 had Zerglefest #8 in it for the complete set of 5* starting with Z. I’m saving that pull for the kids tonight though.

maraji on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Oh, and the weekly continues to be trash for me. But that's not surprising!

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    7% 10+1 was nothing, which means so far I've gotten 0 rainbows from any of them. Greatest vote ever.

40M ticket was Nagi #3, which... sure, I guess? Her STMR isn't useless so now I'm only one away. And honestly, even a meh #3 unit is better than a #5.
    Actually, I think I'm just glad it wasn't a Tsukiko since I just UoC'd her on Thursday to do the moon trial. Yeah, just happy it wasn't that.

Nagi's STMR is pretty much BIS for TDW mages (K. Fina, Sol, Circe, Christine). Of course you could end up never getting #4.

Ended up with A. Fryevia #2. I'll take it. She's not meta but easy to use if there is a weakness to light. 10+1 got me my first rainbows from it, DK Luneth #2 and Seabreeze D. Fina #4. So 2 more 7*'s that I'll probably not use and an STMR that is past it's prime. I'll probably get it in case I do the arena ever again, seems it could be useful there.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Lorek wrote: »

Nagi's STMR is pretty much BIS for TDW mages (K. Fina, Sol, Circe, Christine). Of course you could end up never getting #4.

Ended up with A. Fryevia #2. I'll take it. She's not meta but easy to use if there is a weakness to light. 10+1 got me my first rainbows from it, DK Luneth #2 and Seabreeze D. Fina #4. So 2 more 7*'s that I'll probably not use and an STMR that is past it's prime. I'll probably get it in case I do the arena ever again, seems it could be useful there.

Summer Whip is great for story event and main quest objectives. Any elemental damage or element chain stuff is easy and you don’t need to think about black magic being prohibited.

Also CG Fina with the whip, DW, and pod is a nice arena member.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I was excited about the idea of the rainbow whip until Kryla got access to her Eventide Pot. She covers all my elemental/elemental chaining needs for story nonsense.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    My guaranteed rainbow was Zack #1. That's all for today.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    10+1 got me #2 Noctis and #5 Folka. I am averaging 2 rainbows.

40M 5* results in Regina #1.

Question: Is there a good reason to keep dup of Folka? Should I get the TMR and exchange it for the coins? I have other attack DPS dups which I am keeping for potential chain damage.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    For the possibility of getting #7 and getting the Moogle and/or another STMR.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    7% Rainbow weekly.....

Monk Sabin #1
    Aurora Fryevia #1

Two rainbows but not that useful!

EDIT: And my rainbow ticket..... Tifa #1. So I guess this game is trying to tell me to use a fist-user? Dust off that 7* Lila I guess!

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    10+1 got me #2 Noctis and #5 Folka. I am averaging 2 rainbows.

40M 5* results in Regina #1.

Question: Is there a good reason to keep dup of Folka? Should I get the TMR and exchange it for the coins? I have other attack DPS dups which I am keeping for potential chain damage.

The problem is that Coin's aren't worth all the much either. If you have a TMR farm macro still going, you could throw her in, then exchange her once maxed. But it's not worth using TM's for a TMR that's only ok, so you can get some coins that are only a fraction of what it costs for the UoC or TM container.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    10+1 was Orlandeau #4, 40M was WOL Bartz #4. STMRs!

• Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    7% Rainbow weekly.....

Monk Sabin #1
    Aurora Fryevia #1

EDIT: And my rainbow ticket..... Tifa #1. So I guess this game is trying to tell me to use a fist-user? Dust off that 7* Lila I guess!

A. Fryevia has one of the best TMR's for hybrid users since it's a robe.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    So glad everyones getting rainbows from the 7%!

If anything its pushing back to just quitting again. I cant beat Gilgamesh so whats even the point of playing anymore.

I'm in maintenance mode. Only been just logging in, summoning, and logging out for about a month now.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    7% Rainbow weekly.....

Monk Sabin #1
    Aurora Fryevia #1

A.Fryevia's robe is great for hybrid units. She has fallen off the charts as a damage dealer. She might get a GLEX rework eventually to boost her back up.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    7% Rainbow weekly.....

Monk Sabin #1
    Aurora Fryevia #1

A. Fryevia has one of the best TMR's for hybrid users since it's a robe.

And if you were playing earlier this year, then you likely have free moogles for it gathering dust in you enhancement bank.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Took my first go at Greg Returns. I think I misunderstood the death mechanic tied to Bushido Freedom. I thought if you gave someone in slots 1 and 2 death resist, that it would just eat them and wouldn't affect anyone else, but my back row people were the ones that were dying. I have most of this fight figured out, but that part is what did my group in.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    New FFBE updates video, KH collab part two. Riku and KH Sephiroth on the banner. Event is a raid event with a craftable materia that gives 30% HP/MP and physical evasion, which is really good. They didn't seem 100% sure on the dodge chance, but did say 20%. If true, that's a really good reward for the raid.

https://youtu.be/JyMz753xnsc

Also, they put up the unit design selections on the FFBE FB page. There's some cool stuff there, but I think my favorite so far is from the support batch. It's a fat chocobo with a sousaphone. Super adorable.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ah, some of those selections are really cool and some are terribly generic and poorly made.

Also, everyone vote for that goddamn Behemoth tank. Holy shit.

Edit: Also, I LOVE that they didn't choose any dual shield tanks. Fuck that stupid meme concept.

Edit2: Looks like the only way to vote is to use Facebook? Well, guess voting is outta the question for me. Weeeee~

Cruor on
  • Options
    Kurasame #2 today. So that's nice, I guess.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    How much did Katy Perry pay for over a year of advertising in the game?

• Options
    That Katy Perry STMR is insane. It's worth using your STMR tickets on.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Yeah jeeze. It's so versatile. Great TDH/W and ATK, conditional 100% MAG (but if enables you to equip the rod/whips you need for that condition), conditional tank stats (and equip L/H Shields). Who wants to bet Life Extension is a cheat death passive?

Edit: That being said, I don't think I'll pull for AI Katy. Her TMR and STMR are insane, but I'd rather save for Halloween.

Cruor on
  • Options
    The TMR and STMR for the other new Katty Perry also look interesting. Are those the first things that give SPR doublehand?

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »
    The TMR and STMR for the other new Katty Perry also look interesting. Are those the first things that give SPR doublehand?

I think so. Some units like GLSakura and Randi have SPR (T)DH but this looks to be the first equipment that does. Thankfully that Katy unit is free as hell.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Even her TMR is really good. I have to assume they are missing the (A.I. Katy Perry Only) brackets on these; there's no way.
    I'm telling myself this because I want to go after Sephiroth instead but holy shit that STMR is too crazy.

Also I still have no idea what Gumi is doing with their scheduling now. I thought for sure it was going to be the Galuf raid. But next week is the 5* king mog ticket, so either we're going to FF VI and then swapping back and forth between V and VI units at some point.. or next week is a GLEX mog king. In which case, do I want to go for instead of Sephiroth?

I'm going to have to end up waiting until the news next week to pull now, sigh. Self control is hard.