As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] An Annihilator shot this thread straight through. [CLOSED]

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    MW5 Patch #1 Notes:
    ART
    Fixed various cases of floating objects in missions.
    Fixed some gaps in the Leopard DropShip doors.
    Fixed an issue where a second Leopard DropShip could be seen in the planet arrival travel sequence.
    Fixed an issue where foliage was showing up inside certain garrisons.
    Improvements to mission environment lighting.
    Biomes (Volcanic): Fixed an issue where ash particles were appearing inside the Leopard DropShip before the bay doors opened.
    Atlas AS7-K: Fixed an issue where the AMS particle effect was appearing under the left torso by the waist.
    Black Knight: Hitbox adjustments.
    Hunchback: Fixed an issue where weapons mounted to the right torso would appear to float after the component had been destroyed.
    Kintaro KTO-GB: Fixed an issue where it was not being marked as a Hero ‘Mech in the frontend.
    Orion ON1-M: Fixed an issue where the right torso ballistic weapon wasn't visible.
    Warhammer: Hitbox adjustments.

CONTROLS
    Added default mapping support for ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle.
    Added default mapping support for ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X flight stick.
    Gamepad axis can now be remapped by directly choosing the intended axis.
    Fixed an issue where joystick sensitivity and invert settings wouldn't revert to their correct defaults.
    Fixed an issue where the Interact key (‘E’) couldn’t be remapped to another key.

GAMEPLAY
    Enemy spawning has been improved.
    DropShip spawning has been improved.

Fixed an issue in the "Reckoning" story mission where ‘Mechs could get stuck between the raised platform and building.
    Fixed an issue where faction standing was not updating after completing the "Killing Kane" story mission.
    Fixed an issue where the game did not warn players that accepting the branching "Corporate Interests" Side Quest mission after completing the “Destabilization 2” Quest mission would prevent them from completing the "Destabilization 3" Quest mission.
    Fixed an issue where weapons and equipment were available for sale in systems not located within Industrial Zones and War Zones.
    Fixed an issue in the Market where an AMS on sale would cost 0 C-Bills.
    Fixed an issue where multiple instances of the same equipment was showing up for different prices in the same Market.

GENERAL
    Various crash fixes.
    Fixed an issue where establishing a co-op connection would sometimes fail.

SOUND
    Fixed an issue with the “An Intriguing Offer” Quest mission having incorrect mission dialogue.
    Fixed an issue with the “Destabilization Pt.2” Quest mission where there was no Ryana outro audio.
    Fixed an issue in the "Reckoning" story mission where the enemy boss’s voice sounded overly distorted.
    Fixed an issue where Co-op players were hearing an override warning beep sound while spectating after their ‘Mech was destroyed from overheating while in an override state.

UI/UX
    Fixed an issue where player ‘Mech throttle speed would revert to 0 km/h when the game was paused.
    Fixed an issue where the game would un-pause in the background if the player accessed the Pause Menu’s Load Save screen.
    Fixed an issue where 'Mechs could be duplicated, replacing other chassis in the player inventory.
    Fixed an issue where Repair, Edit Loadout, and Paint ‘Mech buttons were available for ‘Mechs with active work orders.
    Fixed an issue in the BattleMechs screen where equipment size was not displayed in the Item Details popup that appears when the cursor is placed over an item.
    Updated tooltip for “Shielding” Pilot Skill to state that this skill only applies to armored locations.
    Fixed various issues with mission briefing and debriefing text and images.
    Fixed an issue where sorting filter preferences in the Cold Storage tab were not persisting when navigating away from and then returning to the BattleMechs screen.
    Fixed an issue where the View Intel button was not appearing on the Home screen after accepting a transmission.
    Fixed an issue in the Tutorial where the “Enter your ‘Mech” objective was not being displayed in the top left corner of the screen.
    Fixed an issue where Co-op players were seeing injured pilot recovery times as “0 Days(s)” in the Post Mission stats screen.
    Fixed an issue where Co-op players were not given any event notifications during the Campaign, such as when the host bought items or completed objectives.
    Fixed an issue where Co-op players tabbing out of menus during travel sequences would cause them to float in space without any UI.
    Fixed an issue with Hero/Rare 'Mechs or Rare Weapon notifications sometimes appearing with empty identification brackets in the Home screen.
    French, German, and Russian translations have been greatly improved. Fixed various untranslated text issues as well.

Emphasis added by me

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is there a way for me to regenerate my hotas map file?

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Well uh...

You can always rebuild it by using their handy dandy easy to use nine page PDF on building it from scratch if it isn't supported by default!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Glal wrote: »
    Namrok wrote: »
    So the scuttlebutt leaking out of discord and twitter is that the spawn nonsense in MW5 will be "fixed" this week? Maybe Tuesday? I think they were playtesting tweaks to it over the weekend.
    That'd be great. I had to bail out of that Discord when I mentioned I'd like it if campaign coop was better integrated (letting you bring your own mech or even, gasp, get something for your own campaign progress when helping out a friend) and had a fanboy get all defensive that playing with my friends should be enough for me gosh what will I ask for next the moon.

When asked if I'd rather have no MechWarrior than the Mechwarrior we have (made by devs who just arent competent...) the answer is yes. An emphatic yes.

I would much rather MWO and MW5 never exist because then, maybe, theres got to be at least a 1% chance a better dev would have taken up the gauntlet.

How people defend PGI is beyond me.

This is the same thing people said about Microsoft and Microprose. They could have put the franchise on hold for 23 years waiting for someone to put in AAA money on a game that will never, ever recoup those costs.

But, eh, I haven't bought in yet, either. If VR makes it in, then I'm in. If not, then maybe the Steam release.

You'll be waiting for a whiles. Which might be for the best as it makes it so you might not be subjected to the janky bits of the game as it stand now.

https://www.pcgamer.com/mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-lacks-vr-support-but-it-hasnt-been-ruled-out/

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    VR tends to bring its own jank when it's added in to an existing game. But ya, I wasn't expecting it to necessarily beat the Steam release, and that's a year out.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Running that game at VR framerates seems... optimistic. Though I guess if you can afford VR you prolly have a beastly rig already.

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Well uh...

You can always rebuild it by using their handy dandy easy to use nine page PDF on building it from scratch if it isn't supported by default!

Where would one find that?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Well I found out I can regen the file by deleting it, but I guess this patch isn't live yet? Warthog still doesn't work

Edit: yes, I'm dumb. It's out at noon Tuesday, and I'm not used to being up past midnight.

Tube on
  • Options
    MW5

@Betsuni

About your question about finding a King Crab. Just found a bunch while doing my end-of-session exploration run. This is the first (found when my eye was attracted by a detected hero mech).
    6n442rwkm14d.jpg

I've also been finding a few Ravens tonight.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    Is there any list of available weapons in mw5?

bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Me and the boys, just living in the moment. The FS9-H says the weather outside is a bit nippley.

LpWieNt.png

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    MW5: Did the patch actually fix the crazy spawning issues? That’s the primary reason I haven’t picked this up yet.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    It's not up yet.

• Options
    Im still early on in the game, but im finding the wacky re-spawns flavorful. im not trying to kill everything. just level this base and get the hell out.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Random BATTLETECH things:

-God, are all of the bios for the Kickstarter MechWarriors bad? I've been reading a few as I bomb around, and it's just angsty, Black Ops, Person Of Interest story after story. Buncha fucking edgelords, get outta here.

-I just cobbled together a Maruader! I already had an AC/20++ with +20 damage on hand! This thing's going to get work done.

-Flashpoint "Yang's Big Score" looted me a Thunderbolt! Yay! It's already been getting work done, I really like that chassis.

-Flashpoint "Siegebreaker": Holy shit that Attack & Defend mission. 2.5 Skulls my ass.

-I'm heading to the Tarragona Flashpoint now! Wish me luck!

-[Edit] Oh god, "Bob" the Combine merc handler is the fucking best. I hate working for the snakes (the one job I've taken so far was....very unpleasant), but this man is golden.

If you were a faction notorious for global massacres (Kentares) and trying to enslave merc outfits with 'company store' scams, you'd want to make sure your merc liasons are very charismatic.

Lies and slander

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    Im still early on in the game, but im finding the wacky re-spawns flavorful. im not trying to kill everything. just level this base and get the hell out.

It didn't bother me until I got one of those and I had to level the ENTIRE CITY. It takes so long the spawns beat me down eventually, even trying to focus on breaking the buildings. Some of it is my fault I think because I'm using a Laser Hunchback and they always seem to find a way to focus my right torso off and I'm getting tired of replacing my good Rank 2 M Lasers

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    There must be some kind of AI targeting going on, because the amount of times I've had to replace my Centurion/Hunchback's AC10 is getting absurd. I don't think I've kept one for more then two consecutive missions.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    Well I found out I can regen the file by deleting it, but I guess this patch isn't live yet? Warthog still doesn't work

Edit: yes, I'm dumb. It's out at noon Tuesday, and I'm not used to being up past midnight.

I hope to hear that once the patch does drop that you will be able to use the Warthog. That would make me the most happiest knowing that it is supported.
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    MW5

Betsuni

About your question about finding a King Crab. Just found a bunch while doing my end-of-session exploration run. This is the first (found when my eye was attracted by a detected hero mech).
    6n442rwkm14d.jpg

I've also been finding a few Ravens tonight.

So you bought it and painted it bright pink in honor of Padre right? RIGHT? Then equipped it with MGs and shot your own lance in the back.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yeah the spawning isn't bad until in later missions. I'm doing missions that are 270-315 and it's the first time i failed a mission. Just getting alpha striked by 3 warhammers who show up behind me is not fun.

Also I had a weird but beneficial bug, I was in the mechlab menu and somehow one of my panthers magically changed into a Victor when I was moving between menus.

I now have 2 fully kitted Victors as it replicated the fittings from my 1st Victor.

Dixon on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yeah the spawning isn't bad until in later missions. I'm doing missions that are 270-315 and it's the first time i failed a mission. Just getting alpha striked by 3 warhammers who show up behind me is not fun.

Also I had a weird but beneficial bug, I was in the mechlab menu and somehow one of my panthers magically changed into a Victor when I was moving between menus.

I now have 2 fully kitted Victors as it replicated the fittings from my 1st Victor.

That bug is supposed to be patched in today's release. You might not have been as happy if it had turned your Victor into a Panther.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Ah okay good to know it’s fixed, I was thinking at the time how lucky it was.

I’m not even sure you could revert with the way the save works.

I’m still not sure what I can be doing to survive better at the higher lvl missions. Even when I succeed the mechs lose so many parts.

On the last mission I made it to drop ship and during the time I arrived and the fade-to-black for the mission ending, 2 of my mechs were knocked out just from the sheer volume of enemies that spawned.

It takes like 10 seconds for the mission to end, even when the screen is black they still have 2 seconds to blast you as you sit there.

Dixon on
  • Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    That is insane. What are you supposed to do about that, clear out all the nearby enemies?

• Options
    I don't think you can, they just keep coming it seems. It feels like I'm missing something obvious as the difficulty has spiked so much.

I have to take the lighter mech, so my teamates are tanky enough to survive, otherwise it's normally just me or one other mech making it to the end and repair costs negate any profit.

• Options
    I don't think you can, they just keep coming it seems. It feels like I'm missing something obvious as the difficulty has spiked so much.

I have to take the lighter mech, so my teamates are tanky enough to survive, otherwise it's normally just me or one other mech making it to the end and repair costs negate any profit.

Also, with the lighter mech, you can probably get to the exfil point quicker. Which is pretty important since AI teammates won't actually trigger the mission end screen...even if they're standing directly under the dropship.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah that is a good point, it just kinda sucks as I like piloting the biggest stompiest mech I can. The way it is now it feels like I'm forced into run-and-gun as my only play style and then it's still 50/50 if the mission was worthwhile.

You can't really have slow, more strategic fights between buildings or over hills, cause stuff just keeps respawning. Hopefully the patch really helps, but we'll see.

I kinda feel like I should go back to lower end missions. I was making a lot more money before.

Dixon on
  • Options
    Patch seems to be out. Moment of truth.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Historically you've always wanted to be faster than your AI team in any MechWarrior game. To do otherwise is to tacitly condone them riding off to be destroyed.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    Historically you've always wanted to be faster than your AI team in any MechWarrior game. To do otherwise is to tacitly condone them riding off to be destroyed.

The downside (as I found early on in my Blackjacking escapades) is that being significantly faster than your AI team means that you're the only target for the enemy AI to shoot at for a minute or more.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Patch seems to be out. Moment of truth.

I've familiarized myself with the EGS's return policy, if I actually work up the nerve to pull the trigger.

The game is apparently very playable with a X-56 HOTAS (yes, you're much more precise with a keyboard and mouse, but then I'd just play a better first person shooter), but you do need to map the controls yourself apparently?

• Options

Maybe if I'm trying to min-max my earnings or something. Every other MW game I've played I always went for the biggest mech I could for myself and I never had some much of an issue. Really it was fine until I got to about difficulty 60 missions with 270+tonnage.

I really miss being able to stack multiple small weapons into a med slot and the omni slots of the older games.

• Options

The downside (as I found early on in my Blackjacking escapades) is that being significantly faster than your AI team means that you're the only target for the enemy AI to shoot at for a minute or more.

Just press G. You'll move at the speed of your slowest lancemate.

• Options
    edited December 2019

Just press G. You'll move at the speed of your slowest lancemate.

Right...but the implication of what I was responding to was that if you couldn't keep up, your AI pilots would just march off and die without your intervention.

I am intimately familiar with the G key.

EDIT - I should also mention that your AI teammates are pretty good at sticking by your side for the most part. The only time they go tearing off is when they see a baddie that they feels needs to die right now if left to their devices.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    The only missions i refuse to do currently are base defense. I did one and my Jenner buddy did about 40% of the base wrecking for the enemy just moving around. :/

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    The only missions i refuse to do currently are base defense. I did one and my Jenner buddy did about 40% of the base wrecking for the enemy just moving around. :/

I order individual lancemates to different corners of the base and using a fast mech to put out fires. It keeps them from damaging the base, though they do end up taking a lot of damage themselves

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options

Yet for me, Defense missions are the most reasonable ones to do. You know exactly how many enemies there will be and the mission ends immediately after. There's no infinite spawns and no losing mechs on the way to the extraction point or after the screen goes black.

• Options
    Yeah, defense was bad until I told them to stand outside the base. They just love to walk through everything.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Niceeeee can't seem to load my save

Why do you hurt me warriors of mech

Is it cause I double dipped on the victor?!

Dixon on
  • Options
    Niceeeee can't seem to load my save

Why do you hurt me warriors of mech

Is it cause I double dipped on the victor?!

It does seem that a bug that turns a Panther into a pair of cloned Victors might result in a corrupted save...

Also, the spawns are feeling a little better on warzone. Dropships are now landing the subsequent waves between 500m-1000m out.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Lore question/musing:

Is Dispossession not really a thing anymore in BT? It seems like with how rare and important BattleMechs are supposed to be, you'd see a lot more people retreating from battle when their 'Mech gets too damaged, rather than lose it to destruction or ejection and possible salvage by the enemy.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Lore question/musing:

Is Dispossession not really a thing anymore in BT? It seems like with how rare and important BattleMechs are supposed to be, you'd see a lot more people retreating from battle when their 'Mech gets too damaged, rather than lose it to destruction or ejection and possible salvage by the enemy.

I feel like as soon as Dispossession was a thing, the lore of Battletech began phasing it out with the tech base ramping back up, the house armies getting larger, etc. By the 3060's someone with a family mech seems rather rare in the fiction. But like, by the end of the 4th Battletech novel, out of 100+, a memory core is discovered which allows the Inner Sphere to begin building up it's industrial base again. And then a few novels later there is a large time skip forward from the 3010's and 3020's to the 3050's.

So yeah, it seems like an outdated concept in the lore almost as soon as it was introduced.