As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Castlevania & Bloodstained] sitting in a tree, S-L-A-Y-I-N-G

1565759616273

Posts

  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    shoeboxjeddyKalnaurMNC DoverL Ron HowardBRIAN BLESSEDWhelkNobodyTicaldfjamMatev
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Trevor really lucked out in the previous season being able to fight the beast in a basement that was large enough to actually let him wield not one, but two whips lmao

    TicaldfjamMatev
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The glaive is the "Cross" subweapon. Trevor even explains some fun stuff about that shape in the setting as it is introduced.

    L Ron HowardMNC DoverShadowfireGolden YakKalnaurTransporterTicaldfjamAbsoluteZeroAndy JoeMatev
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The glaive is the "Cross" subweapon. Trevor even explains some fun stuff about that shape in the setting as it is introduced.

    I only wish Alucard could've been there to personally witness Trevor wielding multi-syllabic words. In the correct context, no less!

    MNC DoverL Ron HowardAbsoluteZeroMatev
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    The glaive is the "Cross" subweapon. Trevor even explains some fun stuff about that shape in the setting as it is introduced.
    I really liked the bit where he explains why vampires fear the cross - not because it's some innate holy symbol, but because two perpendicular shapes blocking off their field of vision screws with their hyper-sensitive predatory sight and sends them into instinctive panic mode.

    H9f4bVe.png
    ViskodshoeboxjeddyShadowfireMNC DoverL Ron HowardTicaldfjamAbsoluteZeroDrovekMarekMatev
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.
    That monster is a boss in dawn of sorrow. Even has the same moves and has those ankle bracers that limit him

    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    L Ron Howard
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.
    That monster is a boss in dawn of sorrow. Even has the same moves and has those ankle bracers that limit him

    Oh, that bastard.
    Speaking of not having any space to fight properly...

    38thDoe
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Never played that game, but I knew that bastard had to be a big-time boss or enemy from one of the games, he just got way too much screentime to be a nothing enemy.

    Ninja Snarl P on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Still not done (and not clicking any spoilers yet) but I got a kick out of how the first episode managed to squeeze in a few iconic Castlevania monsters that hadn't shown up yet, like skeletons, flea men, and
    Death. Well, a discussion of Death.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    L Ron HowardBRIAN BLESSEDTicaldfjamGolden YakXaquin
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.
    That monster is a boss in dawn of sorrow. Even has the same moves and has those ankle bracers that limit him

    Oh, that bastard.
    Speaking of not having any space to fight properly...

    It also appears in Harmony of Despair.
    It's constantly shooting at you throughout the first level.


    At around 3:30, you can see his laser pass through the player's screen.

    I loved this game, it was so bonkers. I never did play the DLC levels and characters very much. Having 8-bit Simon as a playable DLC character was a fun idea.

    MaytagCapt Howdy
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, he’s the boss there because that level is based on a bunch of locations in Dawn of Sorrow. It’s neat how the levels are basically entire maps from the respective games stitched into one continuous level.

    SteevL
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.
    That monster is a boss in dawn of sorrow. Even has the same moves and has those ankle bracers that limit him

    Oh, that bastard.
    Speaking of not having any space to fight properly...

    It also appears in Harmony of Despair.
    It's constantly shooting at you throughout the first level.


    At around 3:30, you can see his laser pass through the player's screen.

    I loved this game, it was so bonkers. I never did play the DLC levels and characters very much. Having 8-bit Simon as a playable DLC character was a fun idea.

    So many hours. I really loved it, especially when they added local coop on the PS3 version.

    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    SteevL
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    Finished the season and now relistening to my favorite tracks . Wood carving parita ,after confession and of course vampire killer are always good.

    EspantaPajaro on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Maytag wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    Armor
    Presumably because, like any other armor, that shit gets tiring after a while. And because if it gets damaged at all, it's no longer effective, so you save that for when you really need it.

    Whips
    Can't fight in tight rooms with a whip. A whip isn't that different from a spear in that way, if the enemy gets too close to you you've lost all of its advantages and are just vulnerable, and if you're in a corridor there's nowhere to swing the thing.

    Plus those other weapons were cool as hell, especially the dope Krull glaive.
    I guess. If I were a vampire I'd be living in that stuff. Better to be tired then dead. Like those aliens from signs that died from contact with water and mastered interstellar travel but couldn't quite figure out protective clothing.

    Yeah to be fair the amount of whip on that whip was pretty silly. I thought the glaive was supposed to be the boomerang.

    Was that rotting dragon thing a boss from one of the DS games? It seemed very familiar.
    That monster is a boss in dawn of sorrow. Even has the same moves and has those ankle bracers that limit him

    Oh, that bastard.
    Speaking of not having any space to fight properly...

    It also appears in Harmony of Despair.
    It's constantly shooting at you throughout the first level.


    At around 3:30, you can see his laser pass through the player's screen.

    I loved this game, it was so bonkers. I never did play the DLC levels and characters very much. Having 8-bit Simon as a playable DLC character was a fun idea.

    So many hours. I really loved it, especially when they added local coop on the PS3 version.

    I only played it on Xbox, but I bought it on PS3 because of the local co-op. Maybe one day I'll even play it!

  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Okay having finished the season:
    Day armor? What the hell? This really ruined immersion for me. If vampires can just wear armor and be immune to daylight and apparently they have enough for all the armies of Strya(sp?) why are they not wearing it constantly? Always seemed to me like daylight just killed vampires in this reality and vampires just worked around that by being inside or underground or something. Most of them can teleport even. It seems a silly thing to stick on but come on. Maybe they should make holy water armor, or edged weapon armor. And its easy enough to make that they can have their whole army in it?

    Then the whole trevor and syfa plot but especially targovista just seemed like wasting time. Also Trevor seems to have forgotten he has a whip that instantly explodes anything he is fighting for the duration of the season almost killing him over and over while he randomly tries out whatever random object he is near as a weapon.

    And the monologuing was out of control. Carmilla and varney's buddy were really bad.

    Saint Germain randomly trusting some mysterious stranger seems a bit off for his character but maybe he just really loves and misses steampunk-april-o-neil to the point of not thinking things through.

    So called Saint Germain:
    Knew he was being played for a sucker. He had no reason to trust a random lady-thing he finds where his friend should have been. A friend who had no power to move as far as he knew. More likely the purple lady killed her than anything else. But he knew nothing about anything. How did his friend leave? Where is she? Why won't you take me to her or at least show me where? Why are you waiting here for me? No answers, just right to: "Go kill people." "OK!". I was surprised they showed her being alive at the end. Or hinted at it strongly, anyway.

    But hell yeah happy endings. Trevor's death setup was contrived as hell. They spent the entire series with Sypha making ice platforms and freaking flying, but nope, a 20 foot gap is insurmountable. Then Trevor starts wall running over falling pieces of the castle, too. Luckily they stuck the landing, though.

    Vlad really needs to cut his nails.

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    L Ron HowardAbsoluteZero
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 26
    On your last item, the one thing that is constantly running through my head for the entire series is how do the vampires talk without endlessly fang-stabbing the fleshy part between your gums and your lip. Or are they constantly basically just biting themselves whenever they talk, which is why they always have a bug up their ass about something?

    Ninja Snarl P on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I also have the PS3 version of HoD, since a friend insisted on buying it for me so we could play it, so I'm down if anyone wants to do games sometime.

    ePITGr0.png
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    On your last item, the one thing that is constantly running through my head for the entire series is how do the vampires talk without endlessly fang-stabbing the fleshy part between your gums and your lip. Or are they constantly basically just biting themselves whenever they talk, which is why they always have a bug up their ass about something?

    Retractable fangs. Like wolverines' claws.

    steam_sig.png
    KalnaurXaquin
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ritual of the Night 2 has apparently been confirmed to be in development.

    KoopahTroopahWarlock82L Ron HowardDonnictonskeldareTalithRidleySariaElvenshaerahkeesh200038thDoeBRIAN BLESSEDshoeboxjeddyAbsoluteZeroXaquinAndy JoeNightslyrdarunia106MatevNitsua
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Ritual of the Night 2 has apparently been confirmed to be in development.

    Was just coming here to post that. Heck yes! Loved the first one. I'm curious how this one will be handled, since I kinda assume it won't be a kickstarter. Will IGA have more money? Less? I love the idea of them maybe being able to do even more the second time around.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Hey just because they are about done developing the game doesn't mean they can't kickstart it.

    Looking at you Platinum.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 28
    Hey just because they are about done developing the game doesn't mean they can't kickstart it.

    Looking at you Platinum.

    I'm not saying they can't, but I have a gut feeling they won't. IMO I think a lot of what the kickstarter was really meant to do was, one - show that there is still an audience for this type of game, and two - help Iga fund the game after having to basically start over (i.e. he's running a new studio - at the time, they had no track record of successful games and basically only had Iga's name to suggest they *might* be successful... but then I mean, that didn't work for Inafune so it was hardly a guarantee :P). (also I can't remember if this was MN9 or Bloodstained, I remember one of the two saying they had a publisher interested on the condition the kickstarter did well enough to prove the game could sell...)

    But now, all that stuff is basically handled. Bloodstained sold really well (I think?) and was really well received. They've also got some successful spinoffs in the Curse of the Moon series as well so their studio has a couple successful games under their belt to show they won't be a bad investment. Plus I mean, they already had ties with 505 Games as a publisher for the first one, so they're good there too (not that I know how well 505 can/will support development compared to other publishers, but they aren't a nobody publisher either...). I imagine they'd be willing to fund more than the original knowing the franchise can definitely succeed, but also depending on what they do, they can easily save quite a bit of money by reusing stuff from the first game like the engine. Honestly I imagine not having to completely invent a world from scratch going in probably saves them something too in concepting :P

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Hopefully Bloodstained 2 will be less chaotic and produce a more stable product. That release was delayed forever and the final product had a lot of hiccups from the development process. The Switch version took a hard hit, even though it was mostly playable, it had a lot of problems. Granted, developing on the Switch would be tough compared to the other consoles, but still.

    I like to think that a lot of the stuff in Bloodstained 1 will carry over to 2, making the production smoother all around. With luck the game will be a massive improvement on the first one.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    L Ron HowardWarlock82ElvenshaeshoeboxjeddyAbsoluteZero
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 28
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Hopefully Bloodstained 2 will be less chaotic and produce a more stable product. That release was delayed forever and the final product had a lot of hiccups from the development process. The Switch version took a hard hit, even though it was mostly playable, it had a lot of problems. Granted, developing on the Switch would be tough compared to the other consoles, but still.

    I like to think that a lot of the stuff in Bloodstained 1 will carry over to 2, making the production smoother all around. With luck the game will be a massive improvement on the first one.

    Yeah for sure. Assuming the kickstarter isn't a thing again, it will probably also help to not be beholden to a bunch of stretch goals and stuff too. Though certainly they planned that stuff out WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Mighty No. 9 (and thus a lot of that crushed the final product there... in particular promising every console and handheld under the sun). I also feel like there's always an inherent jankiness that comes with the first game in any franchise, when you're still even trying to figure out WHAT you want your world and game to be. The sequel is when you get to refine all that stuff and make a much more all-around cleaner product.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    MNC DoverTalith
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Ritual of the Night was fantastic. I'm hoping one thing they do better is having less moments where you're wondering what the hell to do. For example, the often-cited part where you need to farm a soul from a certain enemy in order to proceed.

    MNC DoverBurnageHedgethornIceBurnerElvenshaeXaquinL Ron HowardDrovekdarunia106
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed the heck out of Ritual of the Night. I just hope the “Kill those murderers dead!” lady returns.

    Switch friend code: SW-2978-3296-1491
    PSN: RidleySaria
    SteevLBRIAN BLESSEDElvenshaePolaritieWarlock82BlitzAce1981KoopahTroopahAbsoluteZeroXaquinL Ron Howarddarunia106
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Maybe they put the shop people on the same screen as the crafters this time. Make that a stretch goal and see how fast it's met.

    steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeMNC DoverPolaritieFencingsaxKoopahTroopahBRIAN BLESSEDXaquinL Ron HowardAntinumericOneAngryPossum
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Looks like they've announced a sequel to the Castlevania Netflix series. (some spoilers about the ending of the first series)


    Gonna be starring Richter Belmont and Maria Renard this time. The initial tweet was mistaken about the time frame and Richter's relation to Trevor. Specifically, he's not Trevor's son, but a later descendant.

    Enlong on
    Romantic UndeadL Ron HowardWhelkAbsoluteZeroFencingsaxMNC DovershoeboxjeddyShadowfire38thDoecj iwakuraAndy JoeCapt HowdyMatev
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Looks like they've announced a sequel to the Castlevania Netflix series. (some spoilers about the ending of the first series)


    Gonna be starring Richter Belmont and Maria Renard this time. The initial tweet was mistaken about the time frame and Richter's relation to Trevor. Specifically, he's not Trevor's son, but a later descendant.

    If it does well then they have 0 excuses not to segue that into Symphony of the Night. Which is probably the intent but, you know, worth stating just the same.

    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Warlock82L Ron HowardXaquinWhelkAbsoluteZeroFencingsaxMNC DoverShadowfireNightslyrBurnageMarekMatev
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    I hope that bit is just a mistake cuz yeah, I'd rather they not retcon Richter like that. And I 100% think this is leading into Symphony.

    I'm a bit surprised they didn't go with Simon tho. But I guess Richter is also in Smash... I suppose the idea here too is probably that they can bring back Alucard in this setting where he isn't in any of the Simon Belmont games.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    AbsoluteZero
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The next season is guaranteed to be bloody, then.

    eo0773pbrifh.png

    XaquinNightslyrKalnaurKoopahTroopah
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    FencingsaxMNC DoverShadowfire38thDoeKalnaurBRIAN BLESSEDAbsoluteZero
  • mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    I'm still bummed that my boy Simon doesn't get much love. He's the Vampire Slayer I grew up with, especially since Super Castlevania IV was my favorite game of the series. Wasn't Simon the original character in the first one? Or was that Trevor? Either way, Simon gets no love. :(

    hk52krrtzsf6.gif
    MNC DoverL Ron HowardKalnaurAbsoluteZeroCapt Howdy
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm still bummed that my boy Simon doesn't get much love. He's the Vampire Slayer I grew up with, especially since Super Castlevania IV was my favorite game of the series. Wasn't Simon the original character in the first one? Or was that Trevor? Either way, Simon gets no love. :(

    Yep, Simon was the player character in Castlevania 1, 2, 4, and the X68000 game. But the latter two are basically remakes of 1.

    38thDoeKalnaur
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm still bummed that my boy Simon doesn't get much love. He's the Vampire Slayer I grew up with, especially since Super Castlevania IV was my favorite game of the series. Wasn't Simon the original character in the first one? Or was that Trevor? Either way, Simon gets no love. :(

    Simon is the hero of I, II, and IV but what do you mean no love? He's in Smash, that terrible Castlevania fighting game (Judgment), the Captain N cartoon, etc. In the context of this show, it's a bit tough to use him since he's a solo hunter who beelines to Dracula in the first game then tries to prevent a resurrection in the second (which is a bit too similar to season 4). Whereas Richter has companions, a big plot twist if they want to go there, etc.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Simon was the star of the first two NES Castelvania games and the SNES game. I had no idea he was the older than Richter. Yeah, RIP Simon I guess. What's up with that?

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Simon was the star of the first two NES Castelvania games and the SNES game. I had no idea he was the older than Richter. Yeah, RIP Simon I guess. What's up with that?

    My personal guess is that Richter is both A - newer (i.e. they can reference Symphony of the Night which everyone knows about and likes whereas Simon hasn't *really* been relevant since the first two games - 4 just being a remake of 1) and B - interacts with Alucard, giving them an excuse to bring him back for this.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    MNC DoverKalnaurAbsoluteZero
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Richter and Julius are the best come at me.

    Maytag
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    You ask any person generally familiar with Castlevania to quickly name 3 Belmonts, Simon and Richter are going to be the first 2 most people will mention.

    Simon's the one in the most stuff and probably the overall face of the series... but this might just be me but he also felt like the most generic Belmont out there. Probably due to his NES games and not having much story at the time. He's otherwise just "guy with a whip".

    Richter otherwise is the famous and in most recent stuff like Smash and this new series because of Symphony of the Night.

    Either way, while I don't personally remember the years in the series, Wikipedia says that Dracula and Lisa met in 1455. 20 years and an Alucard later, Lisa gets burned at the stake, then one year after that Dracula begins "Operation Fuck Everybody". After that... well I assume the series didn't take an unmentioned 300 year timeskip to Trevor, So that blurb saying Richter is their "son" is probably just a mistake.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
    EspantaPajaro
Sign In or Register to comment.