Options

[Steam] 'Look, I'm a stamp!'

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »
    Another day another GMG flash sale

Today is Civ 6 and XCOM 2

Ok. XCOM 2: WotC or The Collection? Is there enough added value to the Collection if I've never played XCOM before?

Well you need to have base Xcom 2 to play WoTC as it's an expansion, so get the collection.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Alright, time again for the second annual Destroyah's Memorial Day and Memorial Day Adjacent Giveaway!

These are ending on May 28th, 10am cst.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Three of the most popular games in my friends' wishlists and two just for me.
    Gifts from Steam, not keys. Open to PA G&T Adventure Team. Enjoy!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Public shout-out (or is it shaming in this thread? I get confused with the faux negatives at times) to @bloodatonement for gifting me the Borderlands Handsome Collection.

I suppose I'm gonna go play some Borderlands 2 tonight!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Public shout-out (or is it shaming in this thread? I get confused with the faux negatives at times) to bloodatonement for gifting me the Borderlands Handsome Collection.

Can't it be both?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    One of these days I should get around to joining the PA G&T Adventure Team. :P

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »

No day like today.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Just trying to make Papa @Iolo proud

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Public shout-out (or is it shaming in this thread? I get confused with the faux negatives at times) to bloodatonement for gifting me the Borderlands Handsome Collection.

Can't it be both?

Except when it involves Bad Rats. Then there is only shame.

Zavian on
  • Options

No day like today.

Who do I need to talk to? :P

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    cB557 wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Once you've played through the entire game twice, you finally have enough abilities to make the combat interesting. Until you start a new character, that is.

That....is a buzzkill.

It's also not entirely accurate. Maya feels useful immediately after getting her action skill. Same with Axton and Gaige. Salvador pretty quickly becomes a lead-spewing machine.

The key is to look at the trees, make a plan, and stick to it.

You're right, though, that everything is better in coop. Enemies are tougher and multiple action skills and grenade types firing simultaneously ratchets up the fun.

I might give Maya a try.

When I played Borderlands Uno I started with the Siren, and just, fuckin', ran around. I'd run at the bad guys, explode, explode again, fire my SMG for half a second, explode, explode again, it was fast and fun.

And Brick, I did a Rocket Launcher+Punchy build that used zero tank points whatsoever. I'd almost permanently be in Berserk and I loved it.

Gunslinger never grabbed me. Soldier felt boring until the game where I was playing with 3 other Bricks and I became their medic. Brick fall down? I throw grenade at Brick. Brick get back up. But in single player, holy shit Soldier was boring. Feeling that way with Axton right now.
    I think Axton has a pretty dull start with that turret, but he does get fun stuff like everyone else. His kill skills that reduce recoil, increase fire rate, and increase movement speed can make for some fun run and gun stuff once you get there, for example.

I'm running Roland in BL1 right now and he's more fun than I expected. Got a bitching shotgun build going on and walk around melting faces. Turret's not amazing, but it is handy.

I came across an explosive shotgun in BL1 that was basically a sniper rifle. Had some just unfair accuracy and recoil bonus and a higher scope zoom than the sniper rifle I left on the ground when I picked it up, I could headshot dudes from about as much distance as was ever useful. It had just enough spread to give me some wiggle room so I never just put a shot over their shoulder, and with almost no recoil I could pump shots into the face of a stronger enemy.

When asked what class I was playing, my answer was, "This bitchin shotgun," because it was so broken it hardly mattered who I played. I literally designed my build around ammo regen because it kept running out.

The game wasn't really my thing, but that gun was. That gun got me to buy the DLC. It finally failed me on General Knox and I almost quit until I got an equally broken sniper adjacent corrosive SMG.

Hevach on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I remember why I put Crosscode in my backlog. It started off so strong but it turned into a slog once I was cut loose. Lea's DPS is just not there. The fetch quests are obtuse. The game badly needs warps. I have to fetch quest just to buy gear. I got my level up to heed Apollo's warning and he still stat'd me into the dirt. I got slapped around by the bunnies and just gave up.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular

No day like today.

Sent you an invite.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I remember why I put Crosscode in my backlog. It started off so strong but it turned into a slog once I was cut loose. Lea's DPS is just not there. The fetch quests are obtuse. The game badly needs warps. I have to fetch quest just to buy gear. I got my level up to heed Apollo's warning and he still stat'd me into the dirt. I got slapped around by the bunnies and just gave up.
    You do have warps. If you open up the map you can teleport to any landmark you've unlocked. There's one in every town and there's a couple in every zone.
    You don't have to fetch quest for gear, just gear with mods. Whenever you get to a new town you can you can find a gear shop that'll sell you gear with no modifiers but sufficient stats that only costs money, no need for any materials.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    They finally have steam chap apps out now (though I guess they've had it in the browser for awhile) https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1621770561065348220

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Ok. XCOM 2: WotC or The Collection? Is there enough added value to the Collection if I've never played XCOM before?

Well you need to have base Xcom 2 to play WoTC as it's an expansion, so get the collection.

XCOM: where 99% chance of success at point blank range means 100% failure.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    You do have warps. If you open up the map you can teleport to any landmark you've unlocked. There's one in every town and there's a couple in every zone.
    You don't have to fetch quest for gear, just gear with mods. Whenever you get to a new town you can you can find a gear shop that'll sell you gear with no modifiers but sufficient stats that only costs money, no need for any materials.

And if you're not enjoying the combat or feel it's too hard to enjoy they added in extensive accessibility options a bit after release. Try tuning things a bit easier and see if that helps.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It'd be hard to tell you if you're doing anything wrong on the combat side of things from those descriptions alone, but to take from stabs in the dark, if you're short on DPS, assuming you're properly geared up, maybe you're not using arts enough? They come off like they're supers, but you build up meter fast enough that you actually want to use them pretty often. They might very well make up the majority of my damage.
    For the Apollo fight in particular, I'd guess that maybe you weren't hitting him when he's vulnerable? He'll actually dodge all of your attacks with very few exceptions except for short windows after he finishes his attack strings or arts. If you were trying to hit him outside of those, you were just leaving yourself vulnerable.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Just read about an amazing sounding game from the Stories Untold devs about playing as an AI on a stricken space station hurtling from Earth aaaaaand it's Epic Store exclusive goddamnit. Hopefully timed but geez if it's not on my wishlist right now there's a pretty good chance I won't recall this in 6-12 months or whatever if it finally gets a wider release.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    They finally have steam chap apps out now (though I guess they've had it in the browser for awhile) https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1621770561065348220

Of course they'd have to make an entirely new app for this function people want.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tried the Surge, but just couldn't get into it

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Just read about an amazing sounding game from the Stories Untold devs about playing as an AI on a stricken space station hurtling from Earth aaaaaand it's Epic Store exclusive goddamnit. Hopefully timed but geez if it's not on my wishlist right now there's a pretty good chance I won't recall this in 6-12 months or whatever if it finally gets a wider release.

Observation looks SO GOOD! One of the artists from Alien Isolation worked on it, I'm going to get it on PS4; but Stories Untold is on Steam which I loved and found the retro 80s Stranger Things soundtrack also pretty great

Zavian on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Get the collection WotC is very good.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    übergeek wrote: »

No day like today.

Sent you an invite.

Thanks!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That's a shame, I really liked it.

Sci-fi Dark Souls was right up my alley.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

The base game needed double the enemy variety and double the bosses.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    Positive review bombing
    Things start getting too complicated.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Poseidon wrote: »
    Positive review bombing
    Things start getting too complicated.

Somehow I thought this would be about that fucking pewdiepie game that showed up in new releases.

• Options

Don't be too pessimistic. It's 50% at worst.

The other 50% is when the aliens try it.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Alright, time again for the second annual Destroyah's Memorial Day and Memorial Day Adjacent Giveaway!

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Thank you. *click click click*

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Picked up American Fugitive and it's off to a pretty good start.

?.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    emnmnme wrote: »

The base game needed double the enemy variety and double the bosses.

One of the early bosses just did not want to cooperate with the camera at all for me.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

That only explains why with six solid walls between us, the aliens merely manage a critical hit on my hunkered down Colonel.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

"Memorial Day and Memorial Day adjacent" is a funny way of saying your Birthday Giveaways.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    That sounds like a tall order and oh look no Linux client, again.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    That sounds like a tall order and oh look no Linux client, again.

Does Linux even have multiple clients to gather?

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    We all knew something like this was coming. it is the logical next step of the market fragmentation.

however
    Steam already lets me combine all my games into one library (except for those titles that deliberately break the add a non-steam game function)
    other clients such as uplay allow you to import your friends list from steam.
    we are already most the way there with what GoGGalaxy is going to do.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Hevach wrote: »

That only explains why with six solid walls between us, the aliens merely manage a critical hit on my hunkered down Colonel.

I firmly believe that the percents in XCOM are calculated in aggregate. If it says 50% and it's really 25% for you and 75% for the aliens, it's technically correct.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    XCOM percentages are based on Blood Bowl dice, Trump "facts", and one of those booths that blows money all around while you try to grab as much as you can.

This discussion has been closed.