Any sufficiently advanced [tech] thread is indistinguishable from a magic thread

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    All cats aren’t girls, that’s ridiculous

However, all cats are precious babies

Satanic JesusBahamutZEROBucketman
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    All kittens are cute.

All cats are assholes.

"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
    EchoSatanic Jesuswebguy20furlionToxbowenBucketman
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    But are cats liquid?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    teequ869kgt7.png

Yes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Tynnankimewebguy20PolaritieBullheadToxPeewiBahamutZERODisruptedCapitalisthonovereVeldrinSporkAndrewSorcetynicbowenfurlionMorivethSleepchrishallett83sponoBucketmanHappy Little Machine
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    re: that giggle shit:

sex-determining facial recognition algorithms, real like phrenology

thinking about this more I'm 95% sure the only reason this process is even part of this is to harvest photos to sell to commercial facial recognition databases and tie it to your social media data they're also gonna be harvesting and selling, so they don't actually give a shit

BahamutZERO.gif
    kimetynicDouglasDangerMidniteOghulkchrishallett83BucketmanHappy Little MachineDis'
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Isn't that the point of all those "scan your face to find out what pokemon you are!" instagram filters?

BahamutZEROOrcaDouglasDangerMidniteBucketman
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's also the point of every online personality test and etc.

BahamutZERO.gif
    DouglasDangerBullheadchrishallett83Bucketman
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Android 10 has finally rolled out to my Oneplus 6T (via whatever version of Oxygen I have).

DARK THEME EVERYTHING

YOU'RE ALL BABIES.
    SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO WASTE.
    Koshian wrote: »
    JOKE'S ON YOU
    MY POTENTIAL IS ALREADY WASTED
    SorceDouglasDanger
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    teequ869kgt7.png

Yes.

And someone got a paper published on just how liquid they are, in the July 2014 Journal of Rheology

https://www.drgoulu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Rheology-of-cats.pdf

Jedockimechrishallett83Bucketman
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    idgi

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Seems like what Blackberry would make if they are still around

5myiokloks5d.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    that's nothing... you guys remember......... VERTU!!!???

https://vertu.com/

your very own dogshit 2-tone calculator phone with blistering 240x320 resolution. with cool fake gemstones and leather. only 35 thousand dollars per unit

KwoaruBroloBucketman
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

They are still around.

steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
    tynicDrZiplockBucketman
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

I wouldn't mind this for my work phone. I don't need 5-6" screen for that, 90% of its use has me typing shit for tickets or emails or whatnot.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • ZxerolZxerol HOW MANY POUNDS IS CAT POOP Registered User regular
    That sucker has a 4.6" screen in square aspect ratio, which means it's C H O N K Y.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

They are still around.

they dead

honovereButtersBucketmanMidnite
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    They'll be back.

steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    In pog form

BroloCentipede Damascuschrishallett83pimentoDisruptedCapitalistjkylefultonSnicketysnickButlerVeldrinStrikorBucketmanMidnite
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That phone seems kind of neat? It also has a monstrously huge battery and is pretty cheap.

97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    JedocZxerolexpendableGvzbgulPeenBucketman
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    I'm never not on a desktop PC, but if I wanted a phone that acted like a computer that one seems like it would fit the bill.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    that's nothing... you guys remember......... VERTU!!!???

https://vertu.com/

your very own dogshit 2-tone calculator phone with blistering 240x320 resolution. with cool fake gemstones and leather. only 35 thousand dollars per unit

I'm going to take your word for it on the screen, because none of the pictures of the Signature range phones actually show them displaying anything.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Google Maps has a new icon. I hate it.

And now MAps send me a fucking push message about how great it is! Screw you Google!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I only knew it was Google maps based on where it is on my screen. I also do not like this.

honovereDisruptedCapitalistTynnanStiltsBullheadjgeiskimeVeldrinBucketmanMidnite
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »

They are still around.

they dead

They're dead as a maker of consumer devices

They are doing quite well in the embedded and real-time OS space, post acquisition of QNX

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Basically if you've ever installed anything that could be described as an 'election app' you should immediately cut your phone into seven pieces and throw each one down a different abandoned lead mine.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    pimentoDescendant XexpendableOrcaBahamutZEROShortytynicMvrckPeenOghulkDisruptedCapitalistVeldrinGoose!chrishallett83V1mBucketmanMidniteHappy Little Machine
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    The crazy thing is infosec is a huge industry/competency in Israel, so there's no excuses.

SporkAndrewpimentoDescendant XmightyjongyoOghulkDisruptedCapitalistJoolanderBucketman
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Hisense A5 eInk Smartphone Review 9:33

5myiokloks5d.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Basically if you've ever installed anything that could be described as an 'election app' you should immediately cut your phone into seven pieces and throw each one down a different abandoned lead mine.

There are only copper mines in my area, will they suffice?

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Google Maps has a new icon. I hate it.

And now MAps send me a fucking push message about how great it is! Screw you Google!

I'm also enjoying the new ads disguised as emails in my inbox in gmail, and then when I swipe to delete them along with other trash google acts offended and wants to know why I dismissed the ad. I dunno, because you harvest enough data from me that you should be paying me to use your service at this point, not adding in ads on top of the harvesting?

camo_sig2.png
    OrcaBahamutZEROmightyjongyohonovereMvrckJedocOghulkjkylefulton
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »

There are only copper mines in my area, will they suffice?

The copper will just conduct your data into the dark web cloud faster!

2x39jD4.jpg
    MaddocJedocButlerchrishallett83
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Hisense A5 eInk Smartphone Review 9:33

I love the idea of eInk screens being used this way, but my god the sluggishness.

On the other hand, the way videos look as a result of the refresh time is amazing. Turn all video content into a pastiche of 80s editing.

McFodderPeasBucketman
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    I have an ipad air 2 from work. The batteries had swollen up to like three times their width, and it's out of warranty. Apple wanted $130 to give me a brand new air 2, local repair places quoted me $140 to replace the battery in my current ipad. If I wanted to spend that much I would get a non-apple tablet.

But, I found a battery replacement kid on amazon for $30. What the hell, it's already out of waranty.
    It arrived the next day, took me about 30 minutes to replace and close up again, and now it seems to work exactly like new, though it remains to be seen how good it'll be in the long term.

It was surprisingly easy for as hard as I've heard apple has made it to repair.

I basically only want it to watch stuff at the gym while doing cardio, and I think it'll work great in that capacity.

Psykoma on
    SorcegodmodepimentoDouglasDangerdjmitchellaSnicketysnickBucketman
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I’ve been running into a few issues lately with VLC stuttering slightly when playing videos and also refusing to override windows power settings to stop my monitor turning off when playing anything. I figured it’s a good time to start using something else, with VLC’s integrity in question recently.

Anyone got any recommendations? Is MPC still reliable?

• CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I'm quite happy with PotPlayer having switched over to it from MPC-HC after it stopped being updated.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • ZxerolZxerol HOW MANY POUNDS IS CAT POOP Registered User regular
    I use the clsid2 fork of MPC-HC.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    The crazy thing is infosec is a huge industry/competency in Israel, so there's no excuses.

It's almost as if it was like this would give cover for a fascist regime to retaliate against those that vote against them.

If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »

It's almost as if it was like this would give cover for a fascist regime to retaliate against those that vote against them.

How would this leak do something like that? It doesn’t include information about votes, and the data included every single eligible voter so doesn’t even say anything about party affiliation.

BahamutZERO
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    I'm sad that this thing is only available on iPhones because I think I would enjoy it very much.