As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't talk to me until I've had my [Podcast]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bridge Constructor Vinny is great because the QLs force Dan and Alex to be the straight men in that conversation and they're just gently trying to guide this absolute madman away from his goals.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Hobnail on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    I just read several posts explaining what the sleepy boy theory is and, straight up, can someone run that shit by me one more time

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't get it

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Fatt last four episodes
    the death cult makes a Sun fill with blood to summon a world devouring dragon

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    I just read several posts explaining what the sleepy boy theory is and, straight up, can someone run that shit by me one more time

kh3 is a dream because plot holes

done

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Fatt last four episodes
    the death cult makes a Sun fill with blood to summon a world devouring dragon
    So

Uh

This was very similar to how the final sequence of Roll For Your Lives: The Underground was gonna go if our schedules hadn't made the thing fall apart right before the last couple sessions

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    today on All Fantasy Everything, they draft "slang words that you wish were cool again", which is one of my favorite topics theyve had in a while

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The newest episode of 302010 just reminded me that Miracle Mile exists and that the movie fucking rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir9Q7gzOoz8

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't help but feel the latest Reply All has to be wrong about the Wiccan thing and it must have something to do with actual Wiccans and not the Marvel character

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Pod Save the World posited that hitting fascists with milkshakes is dangerous and people could instead just dump milkshakes out in front of fascists which I found to be pretty weak milkshake tea

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    every time board games come up on the Beastcast I am reminded for my extreme desire for Vinny, Austin, and Casey Malone to get together for like a once a month board game podcast

I'll pay money for it! What do I gotta do! There are no good board game shows!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    the guy who sent Jeff the junior version of ticket to ride is on point. that game rules, very fun to play with kids, and they can Get It very quickly.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Pod Save the World posited that hitting fascists with milkshakes is dangerous and people could instead just dump milkshakes out in front of fascists which I found to be pretty weak milkshake tea

If I needed an example of centrism I would just share that clip

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

If I needed an example of centrism I would just share that clip

that seems like a parody

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's a perfect example of how centrism is one of the foundations of the current fascist rise to power. Every step of the way they do the work of normalizing and legitimizing concepts that should be, on their face, openly contemptible.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    one of the fascists who got milkshaked was nigel farage who, among countless other wretched things, boasted after the brexit vote about it happening "without a single bullet fired" just days after the actual assassination of a british mp

frankly the only real problem with chucking dairy products at conservatives is that that energy could be better spent throwing bricks at them

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    PUTJ has taught me that, despite being very aware that there is a song by Dolly Parton called Jolene wherein Dolly does not want Jolene to take her man, I have never actually heard the song

YaYa on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Even if I could muster an argument against the milkshake throwing (and that’s a big fucking if) there are so many better things to spend time and energy worrying about.

Those people should know what the public think about them.

• Options
    Jolene, Jolene, Jolene Joleeeeen
    You broke my heart
    Suck a fart
    Jolene

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Even if I could muster an argument against the milkshake throwing (and that’s a big fucking if) there are so many better things to spend time and energy worrying about.

Those people should know what the public think about them.

My conditional argument against milkshake throwing is to actually walk up and dump it ON THEM to make sure you don't miss and hit a passerby.

Unless there's a gaggle of fascists in a group/on a bus, in which case go nuts.

Now there's a Slot Mo Guys video suggestion. Trying to hit a target with a milkshake from 20+ft

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I think there is at least room for discussion when it comes to say, punching fascists

Milkshake throwing is relatively harmless and mainly just humiliating and degrading

Some people oughta be humiliated and degraded

(Some people oughta be punched too, but I at least understand the impulse to be reticent about it)

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Honestly we gotta start following that milkshake up with something else

I mean you wouldn't just tar a guy, you know?

• Options
    During a Labour election once someone egged the deputy prime minister and the deputy prime minister punched him in the face

The prime minister said “yeah that sounds like john”

• Options
    The entire reason this is being debated at all is the rise of fascism absolutely depends on two things--normalization of their violence against us, and demonization of resistance to them. They do this by decrying every act of resistance against them as "dangerous violence" and, thus far, the moderates of society have been fucking eager to play along. They have literally killed people with barely any comment and almost no one calling out who was responsible, and in that same time we've gone from "isn't hitting them out of line?" to "isn't throwing food and drinks at them out of line?" It's not just stupid and it's not just a waste of time, it's an active act of support for them, continuing to move the needle closer to their end goal--a world in which any opposition to them whatsoever is deemed unacceptable--and literally everyone who is posing the question of whether this is "okay" is complicit.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Having listened to a year’s worth of the Pod Save podcasts before getting intensely frustrated at the hosts and dropping them entirely, I am not at all surprised by this take.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    One time someone threw an egg at Arnold Schwarzenegger and afterward he did a big bit about what a bracing and exhilarating display of free speech it was.

• Options
    Also all of these milkshake throwing a end with the assailant getting the shit kicked out of them by the “politician’s” hired goons so maybe we should talk about that.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I have never listened to pod save america, but I did listen to the discourse episode about why pod save america sucks

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What's taking Pod so long, anyway?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I think there is at least room for discussion when it comes to say, punching fascists

Milkshake throwing is relatively harmless and mainly just humiliating and degrading

Some people oughta be humiliated and degraded

(Some people oughta be punched too, but I at least understand the impulse to be reticent about it)

The thing is, these people take themselves so seriously, and have such fragile egos that the threat of being humiliated/laughed at is potentially as effective as actual violence

exhibit A:

• Options
    A lot of the people at the forefront of this movement are fragile as fuck, which is part of the reason why the rise is only happening now, when we're in a society with such a stranglehold over the behavior of regular people that they feel "safe" openly advocating for the things they believe. A decade ago you could throw a shoe at the President of the United States and people could laugh about it. These pieces of shit can't stand up to even that degree of resistance

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That's actually hilarious

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Didn't the guy who threw that shoe end up having a pretty decent political career?

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    don't throw milkshakes at em, throw "st louis milkshakes"

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Didn't the guy who threw that shoe end up having a pretty decent political career?

They built a monument to his achievement in Tikrit, Iraq

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-shoe-odd/shoe-monument-for-man-who-threw-footwear-at-bush-idUSTRE50T54M20090130

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    George really dodged those shoes pretty good.

Too bad it wasn't a milkshake. It might have splashed him.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    CW: picture of medical stitches

Some monster in Denver stabbed a person several times because they were taking down neo-Nazi stickers and ain't facing a single charge for it.

And fucking centrists are out here whining about a milkshake being tossed at someone who deserves way worse.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.