Options

Tides of [chat]

1246797

Posts

  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/f16a-9SKPwo?t=5

    That's not how that's supposed to work.

    That is like the height of WATER FUCK YEAH!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Dropped my dad off after he has been visiting me for a few days. It was a good time and I love my dad.

    But at the same time. My house is now quiet. I can pee with door open again. And its nice to have my solitude back.

    I may be a hermit by nature now.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    iNdjpYT.jpg

    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/f16a-9SKPwo?t=5

    That's not how that's supposed to work.

    That is like the height of WATER FUCK YEAH!

    It's just so... sudden. There's no warning or change. Just suddenly gone.


    anyways, apparently the lakefront people are pissseddddddddd

    Also the downstream people

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    usually spillover dams don't require much in terms of maintenance

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Dropped my dad off after he has been visiting me for a few days. It was a good time and I love my dad.

    But at the same time. My house is now quiet. I can pee with door open again. And its nice to have my solitude back.

    I may be a hermit by nature now.

    Hermitage is the best -itage.

    Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    they do when 1/3 of it breaks off

    2/3 of it still good! Winning record!

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/f16a-9SKPwo?t=5

    That's not how that's supposed to work.

    That is like the height of WATER FUCK YEAH!

    It's just so... sudden. There's no warning or change. Just suddenly gone.


    anyways, apparently the lakefront people are pissseddddddddd

    Also the downstream people

    also probably the people responsible for maintaining the dam

    Good thing its infrastructure week.

    Dam is 91 years old.

    Well, was.

  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I can't wait until I'm the one second-guessing junior devs about projects they've been working on for weeks and wasting everyone's time when things don't line up with my intuitive expectations about how they should work.

  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    If I missed the chance to get a seat on my train home because of you I would murder you by throwing you onto the tracks and everyone who saw it would corroborate my story that it was a suicide.

  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    You may actually be stabbed in DC for this. Probably by someone who works on the hill.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    You may actually be stabbed in DC for this. Probably by someone who works on the hill.

    Jokes on you two, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Psssh that spillway just got so much more efficient!

    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I might stream more GTA 5 RP later

  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    oh my god I am so amazingly good at losing umbrellas.

    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    This is a weird hill to die on, Brody.

    Or escalator, I guess.

    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    You may actually be stabbed in DC for this. Probably by someone who works on the hill.

    Jokes on you two, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

    I guess I would probably just walk around you (pass on the right, provided you weren't deliberately standing next to someone else) and give you the stink eye; if the elevator was blocked and it was a long one, I think I would deliver a very rude EXCUSE ME and sort of shove past

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    This is a weird hill to die on, Brody.

    Or escalator, I guess.

    Is this not [chat]?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    most escalators have a sign these days about rules such as standing on the right walking on the left. so you can legally be stabbed by authorized stabees

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    You may actually be stabbed in DC for this. Probably by someone who works on the hill.

    Jokes on you two, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

    I guess I would probably just walk around you (pass on the right, provided you weren't deliberately standing next to someone else) and give you the stink eye; if the elevator was blocked and it was a long one, I think I would deliver a very rude 1v1 me mid

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    People who walk up escalators are capitalist scum, and shall be the first to go when we seize the means of locomotion!

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    If somebody did that to me, I would probably literally shove them out of the way.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    You may actually be stabbed in DC for this. Probably by someone who works on the hill.

    Jokes on you two, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

    I guess I would probably just walk around you (pass on the right, provided you weren't deliberately standing next to someone else) and give you the stink eye; if the elevator was blocked and it was a long one, I think I would deliver a very rude EXCUSE ME and sort of shove past

    Yep, exactly this

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    If somebody did that to me, I would probably literally shove them out of the way.

    over the railing onto the tracks in front of a train but wait its not running because for some reason the metro is both flooded and on fire at the same time
    whoo
    oh wait you're simultaneously burning and drowning at the same time

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Escalators: Stand right, Walk left.

    People standing on the left should be stabbed.

    I'm gonna start standing on the left side, but facing down so I can mock people as they get mad about me standing on their side. "Thats right assholes! Now you have to take an extra 13 seconds to reach the top of the escalator!"

    If somebody did that to me, I would probably literally shove them out of the way.

    over the railing onto the tracks in front of a train but wait its not running because for some reason the metro is both flooded and on fire at the same time
    whoo
    oh wait you're simultaneously burning and drowning at the same time

    I'm not sure what this is a reference to, but "simultaneously burning and drowning" reminds me of HBO's Chernobyl

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    real life stories and the division 2 have me convinced the dc metro is literally hell

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I might stream more GTA 5 RP later

    Is it all soap opera type stuff? Can yoy break bad?

    I'm debating on what to stream tonight but probably some mtga followed by twitch Sings.

  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yeah I don't see how being overtly confrontational in a situation where the majority of bystanders would see you as being clearly in the wrong could end well.

    japan on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Its not my fault people can't use escalators in their designed fashion. Bystanders would see me being in the wrong because people are stupid.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've long called for invisible barriers on escalators in order to restrict movement

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    All people should be locked in and carried around any public space by those pod things from Half-Life 2

  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I got to work like 40 minutes early and now I'm still at work after 5 because I committed some great sin and am actually stuck in purgatory for eternity.

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If there were stairs I would take those instead, as frequent small exertions through the day is shockingly good for your health and escalators are for people with luggage/issues with mobility. Left or right doesn’t matter so long as an empty lane is maintained.

    Bigger crusade is metro train entry priority. When the train comes stack up next to the doors to let people out first, *then* mad rush inside. Don’t block people exiting who need to get out for you to have the space to enter. I won’t go as far as shoving past, but I will stop right in front of them making it very clear who is the obstruction here.

    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    real life stories and the division 2 have me convinced the dc metro is literally hell

    it's fine!
    I rode a lot of metro today (Shaw--Rosslyn--Crystal City) and it was nice. I read my book and zoned out a bit.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I got to work like 40 minutes early and now I'm still at work after 5 because I committed some great sin and am actually stuck in purgatory for eternity.

    Thats what you get for walking on escalators.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    All people should be locked in and carried around any public space by those pod things from Half-Life 2

    where do I sign up for my new sedentary lifestyle

  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    real life stories and the division 2 have me convinced the dc metro is literally hell

    Div2 uses New York style car layouts, and their advertisement for the spy museum uses the wrong hours.

    (My Div2 clan is my personal tour company where I give my Texas friends tours of the city and point out all the differences from the real thing.)

    ((Changing the Raegan building to the Jefferson building is a weird one))

    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    One day I will visit DC
    Probably as a spoopy ghost since I'll never have the money to visit while alive.

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    real life stories and the division 2 have me convinced the dc metro is literally hell

    Div2 uses New York style car layouts, and their advertisement for the spy museum uses the wrong hours.

    (My Div2 clan is my personal tour company where I give my Texas friends tours of the city and point out all the differences from the real thing.)

    ((Changing the Raegan building to the Jefferson building is a weird one))

    Some folks I played with didn't appreciate my tour guiding. <glares>

    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.