As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dadis the best.Registered User regular
edited October 2019 in Social Entropy++
Cause I'm honestly interested how it's changed, which magical fantasy folks are you now? Getting ready to hop over to Viera? Or are Hrothgar the cat's meow? Or are you sticking with what you know?

X22wmuF.jpg
turtleant on

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers! 92 votes

Au'Ra
9%
MaijinamuroShabootyH0b0manSiracRaveBlankZoeDrDinosaurDonnictonMadican 9 votes
Elezen
4%
captainkBloodsheedChomp-ChompXehalus 4 votes
Hrothgar
5%
jammuBucketmanPinfeldorfWhittledownSixshotStriker 5 votes
Hyur
19%
HenroidMysstThe Sneak!RenzoakajaybayAretèMaddocAldoDisenchanterStationaryDesert LeviathanBobbleMidniteAllyxiaSCREECH OF THE FARGNyysjanDalantiaPolaritie 18 votes
Lalafell
6%
PiptheFairVann DirasBeezelEnlongLucedesBilliardball 6 votes
Miqo'te
27%
Der Waffle MousAshtonDragonDelzhandBahamutZEROph blakeKreutzTallahasseerielMugginsNorgothSkeithAndy JoeVargUnbreakableVowTcheldorRadiusR-demT4CTStiltsCaedwyrMrGrimoire 25 votes
Roegadyn
15%
Kevin CristJavenTheySlashThemOlivawdarunia106AngelHedgieturtleantTairuSkwigelfCarpySorceCare Free Bombmori1972WheatBun01 14 votes
Viera
7%
WhippyreVerseStericaMegaMeksimulacrumHellboreAlbino Bunny 7 votes
I fantasia a lot!
1%
Emzedoh 1 vote
Larlarfell
3%
EddyPhasendiscrider 3 votes

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's a lot of style in the new races but i can't imagine fantasiaing until we have a full list of what hair and hats work with them

the fact that hair seems to be tied to face on hrothgar is already alarming

liEt3nH.png
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Viera is really cute and I might try it for a while but I'm pretty locked into Miqo'te

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    I wanna be a tall brown rabbit lady

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Dragon boys are best boys.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Roegadyn
    MLOFzGx.png

Shadowbringers! It's coming out on July 2, and we'll be off to The First, a new world that is being flooded by light. And we get to fix that cause lord knows no one else will.

You can download the new benchmark on PC here, and mess with the character creator for the new races in it.

New Job action trailer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGxC7wnBDo

Lot's of important changes to the combat system are coming. Tank's no longer have DPS stances, and tank stance is JUST a threat increase.
    Healers are all getting re-balanced and will focus more on actually healing. What exactly that entails, I dunno. They probably just weren't happy with everyone trying to use on GCD heals as little as possible.
    DPS are getting minor to major reworks. Machinist is almost a whole new class. Bard and Summoner are also getting a lot of changes, but we don't know too much yet. Monk didn't get that major rework they kept saying was coming, but hey! At least they can build greased lighting during downtime now!

Job stories are gone this Xpac (booo), except for the two new jobs. Role stories where we follow the members of the First's Warriors of Light have replaced them. Each job still has a quest at 80. Fisher gets a role story all to itself because...?

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Hyur
    My quickly made Hyur placeholder character ended up becoming my main when it wouldn't let me create a separate character on the same server. Now I'm just super used to his dopey face and Beatles mop hair. It's too late, he's my Warrior of Light. I can't bring myself to change him now.
    SjXqqDUh.jpg
    GuDbzxBh.jpg

akajaybay on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I started as a femroe, but I got tired of her run animation, so I switched to fem highlander. Considering switching to dragonlady or viera, but the dragonlady idle anims are so meek. I'll mess with viera on the benchmark.

Just to confirm, certain hats won't appear on viera and hrothgar heads, but you can still equip them?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Potato always.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Renzo wrote: »
    I started as a femroe, but I got tired of her run animation, so I switched to fem highlander. Considering switching to dragonlady or viera, but the dragonlady idle anims are so meek. I'll mess with viera on the benchmark.

Just to confirm, certain hats won't appear on viera and hrothgar heads, but you can still equip them?

Yes. It'll just like, force the hide headgear option.

They've said all glasses type hats are working as well.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    My name doesn't work if I switch off cat, but I might try out a rabbit lady for a bit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm ready

z2v20bzjs7p7.png

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    viera are very cool but my heart belongs to anime catgirls

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Actually thinking about it, I changed hair on my catgirl once and had a near existential breakdown within like 3 minutes. So yeah, I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to change to Viera even just to try it out.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Max height, max muscle hellguard lady ready to bring the shadow.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    So like in FFXI I was very happily a Tarutaru
    Obviously the first time this poll was up I voted Lalafell
    But then I played a femRoe, and she was amazing
    And then I played a Man'Qote, and a Keeper of the Moon at that, and his silly little surprised animation managed to actually spark joy in my cold, dead, black heart
    So dammit now I'm an anime catboy

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    What's a good score on the benchmark test?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Bucketman wrote: »

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Bucketman wrote: »

Anything that gives you Extremely High.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Miqo'te
    it's not just glasses allowed for hrothgar and viera, for example the dreadwyrm tank set's coronet thing shows up on hrothgar in the benchmark character creator. So it's things like glasses and hairpins and coronets that just sort of have to be positioned and scaled properly and don't need any other work, but probably nothing that will clip with ears or weird head shapes.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Hmm if that's true then maybe no cat man for me. I like my helmets

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Blue cat smug is best smug. Plus I get to roll my eyes at the Seekers of the Suns lion patriarchy harem setup that creates "lost boys", which is a messed up way of dealing with a 90% female to 10% male racial gender ratio. The matriarchal clan family setup makes a lot more sense.

Also, I flick my ears when I win something.

Miqo'te
    does anyone have a screenshot of the black lily WHM gauge

BahamutZERO.gif
    Lalafell
    does anyone have a screenshot of the black lily WHM gauge

Went and made one for ya from the trailer:
    26UxYMr.png

The way the meter progresses feels very Stormblood Summoner, to me; you spend the lilies to build power for the red lily, which affords you a giant attack when used.

edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    do we know what the white sparkle progressing up the stem away from the red lily is? I thought I noticed it was moving constantly, not just when other things happened, but I might have been mistaken.

Maybe it's the auto-progress timer to a regular lily opening that they mentioned?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Lalafell
    It was moving, and the sequence ended before it reached the top.

I also figure it's the automatic timer on lilies growing. They probably didn't want to distract from the red lily by having another lily open while things were happening.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    If potatoes didn’t exist I’d be a pretty viera. However, potatoes do exist and are precious

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Oh man. You can change your equipment in the benchmark character creator to the moogle suit. I highly recommend everybody do that and then run the benchmark.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bsmto4/this_is_final_fantasy_xiv/

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Miqo'te
    oh huh you can scroll down the armor list, I didn't notice that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm too attached to my roe to change him, though I've been having fun with my lala alt as I kill time until the expac

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    yeah the amount of people i know talking about changing is like, blowing my mind. i will never change my girl
    spoiler for big
    rr7PD7H.png
    KuP0xqq.png
    fqD8Gjy.png

Roegadyn
    I thought about changing to Viera, since I never show my headgear anyway except for glasses, headbands, etc which wouldn't obstruct the ears, but the hairstyles/colors would need to be pretty creative.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Alting up with Everything But Hrothgar.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I will probably make a hrothgar alt at some point, but I can't change Qih'to, that would make his separated at birth twin Tahla Molkoh very sad.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm never making an alt because I'm not doing the MSQ again, but I don't know if I could change my boy. Hm.

Anyway here's some exclusive footage of more Dancer combat: https://streamable.com/xzysc

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Elezen
    I've thought of changing, but I feel if I did the total population of female Elezen would drop by a noticeable percent and I just can't do that.

I've had dungeon groups react with genuine surprise when I show up.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    Roegadyn
    How much of a difficulty jump are the savage mode stormblood raids? I really want to do exdeath/kefka savage, but not if the duty finder is going to be a horrible experience

Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I'm never making an alt because I'm not doing the MSQ again, but I don't know if I could change my boy. Hm.

Anyway here's some exclusive footage of more Dancer combat: https://streamable.com/xzysc

Yeah, the idea of making an alt, along with the MSQ and all the raid/dungeon attunements is pretty unappealing, to me.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    It's a decent progression in difficulty/complexity for each tier. Don't do them through the dutyfinder though, partyfinder is the way to do it. There have been organized groups in the past which will work to teach people the fights and show them the stuff late in the expansion cycle. Pugging is another way to do it, although I can't speak to the quality of groups at this point in the expansion cycle. Typically, you want to get in on them in the first couple of weeks after release if you are pugging so you can learn the fights with the better players and not get stuck with the people who do the fight multiple times daily and are still trying to clear the first fight 8 weeks after release. Then at some point it becomes easier again, typically once Echo levels get raised for the fight so you can just overgear portions of the fight.

Lalafell
    It’s usually better to run party finder for harder versions of fights in any case. Easier to get people who know the fight and will communicate with you.

Savage fights are a significant jump in difficulty. In a general sense, the normal fights can be done largely by reacting to mechanics as they come in. Whereas the Savage fights (and Extreme trials for that matter) largely expect you to know the mechanics from the normal fight, and to be on point from the start. Each fight has a flow to it that it wants you to follow if you’re gonna win before the enrage happens.

Within a raid tier, the latter half of the fights get tougher. Phantom Train and Chadarnook are simple enough, and I actually do think that you may find some DF groups that’ll pull it off. Guardian and Kefka are another story; you really do need a group who can plan and organize.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Art_of_War.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.