As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    they're bringing back diadem? that sounds terrible

BahamutZERO.gif
    turtleant
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Probably only in the form of an extra Zone with stuff to gather.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    7mqsx8iv0r02.png

my mood post first night of prog

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    StiltsMidniteSkeith
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hey so for the new gathering stuff, where do I turn in gathered stuff? It says Potkin but he only has crafter turn ins not gatherer

You don't, only completed crafts are redeemable. It's intended for you to either craft, or sell to people who will.

It's selling at a decent amount though for how quickly you can gather a stack.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Its just weird. As a farm boy it gives me a list of materials for the restoration I could gather. I spent over an hour gathering frogs last night and it turns out they are not used for...anything at all.

• WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Playing through Shadowbringers and (character spoilers)
    Ardbert's arc is really, really good. Like, damn. I'm at level 78 right now and I'm surprised to find myself thinking he's the best character in the story? All of it is good but dang.

BucketmanDonnictonAldoadmanbBahamutZEROStiltsph blakeTheySlashThemCorporateLogoSixshotStriker
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    people using world visit can no longer enter the firmament on other servers, effective immediately

assholes kept flooding each server as the collective work was about to pop and preventing locals from participating, while also flooding the chat with vitriol

JaventurtleantMidniteBahamutZEROSkeithSorce
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I FINALLY got to shadowbringers last night!

That last dungeon right before the expansion was super cool and I’m loving the introduction to the story so far. Stopped right before leaving the new city.

H0b0manDonnictonDesert LeviathanadmanbBucketmanMidniteBahamutZEROSkeith
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    You're in for a hell of a ride. ShB's story is great.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    DonnictonBucketmanMidniteSkeith
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I'm glad I got a bunch of easy scrips in from world visit before the change

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Wound up in a PotD run where no DPS showed up.
    ICOfA6h.jpg

TheySlashThemStiltsPolaritieBucketmanAldoMidniteBahamutZEROSkeith
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964604/final-fantasy-microsoft-xbox-game-pass-vii-viii-ix-x-zodiac-age-remaster-xiii

Microsoft is bringing a ton of old Final Fantasies to Xbox and PC through Game Pass next year, and XIV is coming at a later date
    The big two games missing from this list are Final Fantasy’s two MMOs, Final Fantasy XI and XIV. However, speaking to members of the press at X019 earlier today, Microsoft’s gaming chief, Phil Spencer, said that the company plans to bring Final Fantasy 14 to the service at a later date. “I wanted you to know, rest assured that we will be bringing that game to Xbox,” said Spencer. “We have a great relationship with Yoshida-san and we’re working through what it means to bring [to Xbox] a cross-platform MMO that they’ve run for years.”

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    people using world visit can no longer enter the firmament on other servers, effective immediately

assholes kept flooding each server as the collective work was about to pop and preventing locals from participating, while also flooding the chat with vitriol

This is very good news, but makes me think they should also have the FATE happen more often. Someone said it’s every 8 hours?

Bucketman
    Lalafell
    Javen wrote: »

This is very good news, but makes me think they should also have the FATE happen more often. Someone said it’s every 8 hours?

From what I understand, it's a set time after the world finishes enough deliveries to fill the meter.

edited November 2019
    Miqo'te
    I said that somewhere earlier but I had misunderstood it because I never checked the board when the stockpiling phase was happening. There's a gauge that fills up first from people turning in collectibles, and when that fills up there's an 8 hour countdown until the event happens. The construction seems to advance after doing 2 events, and I think there's no stockpile filling phase between the first and second fate of each phase, just another 8 hour cooldown. I think it was designed like this so it'd be daytime for everyone on one of the events or the other each phase.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Any of you folks having lag issues? Last night I started having 1-2 second spikes almost constantly. Other players will freeze then teleport forward 5 feet, cast bars start then immediately finish. My own inputs seem to be fine.

I've got nothing else running that's using internet so I feel like it's gotta be a FF14 problem.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Lalafell
    the muscle shirt from the restoration is extremely good

The something else is flexing, right?

Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    Any of you folks having lag issues? Last night I started having 1-2 second spikes almost constantly. Other players will freeze then teleport forward 5 feet, cast bars start then immediately finish. My own inputs seem to be fine.

I've got nothing else running that's using internet so I feel like it's gotta be a FF14 problem.

I've had momentary lag spikes 1-2 times, and gotten booted to the title screen a couple times, with nothing else being impacted, so yeah I do think there's something funky going on with the server connections

edited November 2019
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

I've had momentary lag spikes 1-2 times, and gotten booted to the title screen a couple times, with nothing else being impacted, so yeah I do think there's something funky going on with the server connections

Yeah I booted up TF2 and it ran flawlessly so it's gotta be a FF14 problem

Maybe the firament shit broke something, idk.

edit: my internet is only 8.2 Mbps down so that probably doesn't help with any abnormalities

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    I said that somewhere earlier but I had misunderstood it because I never checked the board when the stockpiling phase was happening. There's a gauge that fills up first from people turning in collectibles, and when that fills up there's an 8 hour countdown until the event happens. The construction seems to advance after doing 2 events, and I think there's no stockpile filling phase between the first and second fate of each phase, just another 8 hour cooldown. I think it was designed like this so it'd be daytime for everyone on one of the events or the other each phase.

I was wrong and it's a 2 hour timer after the stockpile fills to the first FATE, then an 8 hour timer to the second FATE.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    So I logged on at 9:30 AM and my game is running completely fine so uhhhhhh yeah I think this one a'int me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Oh boy.

The XBone hordes cometh next year.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I've been offline a few days, how crazy is the Ultimate this time? I haven't had a chance to see the streams.

Also still no new thread? Somebody got a blitzball equipped with Break Page Limit or something?

Miqo'te
    by the way here's a crafting guide for the current stuff you can do in the restoration effort, with some crafting macros: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vgtU7HFtG87TrJ9U47vnzkFMhSl5HKz7bjJhRXbxaas/preview#

BahamutZERO.gif
    BucketmanCaedwyrAldo
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I've been offline a few days, how crazy is the Ultimate this time? I haven't had a chance to see the streams.

Extremely crazy. We're on day four and current estimate is that the best group has only seen 1/3rd of the fight.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Current estimate even by the prog groups doing it is it's likely another solid week before we start seeing the kills coming in.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Has there been an indication of how long it's going to take to finish Ishgard reconstruction?

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Miqo'te
    I think it's intended to last for at least a few more major patches, so at least 3-6 months maybe, maybe more

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Current estimate even by the prog groups doing it is it's likely another solid week before we start seeing the kills coming in.

DonnictonAldo
    edited November 2019
    Is Heaven-on-High run any more these days? I think I visited it once solo way back in the day to see how it was, but now that I'm into level 61s again, I figured I'd queue up for it again in between dungeon runs. So far I've been sitting in queue for up to 45 minutes a time without getting anything yet before giving up. Had no problems waiting for and then completing a Sirensong Sea run for 2.3 million XP in the same amount of time (or less). Or is it just that people only run floors 21-30 and 1-10 remains an unused wasteland?

SabreMau on
    Roegadyn
    Yeah 21-30 is the 51-60 equivalent of POTD

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Roegadyn
    yeah running 1-20 might take waiting for peak hours or getting help

edit: alternatively, solo run

TheySlashThem on
    Still, what all this waiting in queue time allows for? Jumping practice.

Miqo'te
    I miss the stormblood jumping puzzles, I wish there were some in crystarium or eulmore

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I miss the stormblood jumping puzzles, I wish there were some in crystarium or eulmore

There's a few tricky drops to time to get to some, but they're no fun.

Miqo'te
    yeah the fall onto the lamp post in eulmore is the closest thing and it's not much

BahamutZERO.gif
    Skeith
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I think the only Sightseeing log entries I didn't get are the two you get from climbing the tower in Kugane, and then a bunch of stupid condition ones back in ARR.

This discussion has been closed.