smh honestly

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hrothgar
    turtleant wrote: »
    The name "sin-eater" is more literal than I'd like.

I keep all my sin in my ass

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Roegadyn
    Because I'm apparently in full debby fucking downer mode today that new outfit is, uh, pretty not cool.

Worth reading that Twitter thread but tl/dr the outfit is very similar to the school uniforms used during the Japanese occupation of Korea, where Korean children were forced into learning Japanese culture over their own.

Which is pretty understandably not something folks outside Korea may get, but the more you know and all that.

edit: bonus points apparently people are using the male outfits hat to make nazi/fascist uniform glams! yipee

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Is the magic carpet a multi seater

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    After a lot thought, I've decided to kill off one of my RP alts. Well, suspend more like - I'm not deleting them, just in case inspiration strikes later, but I have no plans to log into them any time soon. They've been in fantasia limbo for a month and a half now, because I was unhappy with the original character concept but hadn't come up with a better idea of who they should be. So instead of three characters each staking out 6 jobs, I'll have two with 9. Also going to shuffle around plans for who was leveling what between the two survivors, to balance the roles and to fit each character's style.

Previously, it was;
    Siege (Sargatanas, Male Hyur Highlander) - DRG, GUN, MCH, SAM, SCH, SUM
    Cormorant (Mateus, Female Roegadyn Hellsguard) - AST, BRD, DNC, MNK, NIN, WAR
    Other Alt (Mateus - ??????????) - BLM, BLU, DRK, PAL, RDM, WHM

Now it will be:
    Siege - BLM, BLU, DRG, GUN, MCH, RDM, SAM, WAR, WHM
    Cormorant - AST, BRD, DNC, DRK, MNK, NIN, PAL, SCH, SMN

So from the 3rd alt, I'm giving the 4 Mage jobs to Siege, the 2 Tank jobs to Cormorant, and then Siege and Cormorant swapped Warrior and Scholar/Summoner, because I feel the jobs fit the others aesthetic a little better.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i've done hydatos bunny fate maybe 15-20 times and have gotten the mount twice

the first one hasn't sold yet so went ahead and used the second and now i have a smiling slug guy

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Geez, the Moogle beasttribe quests are just frikkin easy compared to everything before it. I love it.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Laryzuar has a nice short video for each job.

https://youtu.be/3bPsBMzpKDE

Kinda bummed about having to switch pets between boss and trash but I'll live. I used to do that anyway.

If there's some kind of optimal pet swap for each attack or whatever I ain't doing that. Fuck off I ain't totem twisting this shit.

Everything else seems good though. Not worried about SMN anymore.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Lalafell
    So...

Scholar lost Miasma, Energy Drain, Shadowflare, Bane, and Miasma II.

Their damage options are now Broil III, Biolysis (upgraded Bio), and Art Of War (Miasma II without the DOT).

That doesn’t feel too great. I appreciate having a ton more fairy-based skills to use, but it’s important for a healer to have something engaging to do between needing to heal, and this feels like a massive downgrade in that, especially for big enemy packs. I would love to have Bane back, at least. Also, no Energy Drain means your Aetherflow uses are only for healing spells; nothing else uses them.

And I had just gotten used to the mindset of interrupting DPS with healing, rather than the other way around.

It looks like the healing will be more engaging and powerful, but it feels like it comes at the cost of having interestin stuff to do when the incoming damage doesn’t warrant it.

——————

It’s not all bad. On the healing side, we now have a spell that forces a crit on your next heal, Sacred Soil gets an upgrade that heals everyone inside it, the Fairy is basically super-Eos, and Seraph is a stupid-powerful ally, particularly with her AOE heal on command.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Melee DPS AOE moves are free. You can aoe forever now. Also seems like all melee jobs have an AOE combo of at least 2 hits now, not just a single move to spam.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Good. Did they lower the learning level of Ninja’s Death Blossom?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    SAM aoe rotations also extending their damage and skill speed buffs is very good. very, very good.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    MNK still seems like a real mess and not fun to play imo.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Lalafell
    Yeah OK no. The Scholar change is not good. You have literally just one move to use in an AOE situation (without Bane, there’s no point laying the DOT), and that still costs big MP, with a major source of restoring MP also removed.

And in a single-target situation, you have an exciting two moves to use! Until the DOT is active. Then it’s back to one move for 30 seconds.

I’m sorry, but that’s horeshit. I don’t need my healing to be a world leader in DPS or anything, but these changes stripped off anything that was engaging about the moments when actively healing isn’t needed. Healers being too powerful could be fixed with numbers changes, but this version of Scholar damage is going to be boring as sin at any level.

And this at the same time that they removed AOE costs from other jobs and gave them more interesting combos to use for these exact scenarios! Why?

Enlong on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    WHM did lose rocks (at least at max level) RIP.

Glare does look cool though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    I can only hope that they do what they did with Stormblood, and patch back in some Scholar skills eventually. Bane and Energy Drain would probably be enough? Especially if that new no-resources spell would work with them.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    AST changes are also a bummer, the cards are now just braindead damage buffs and the new seals mechanic seems so easy to manipulate I don't know why they're still RNG

Hopefully the new content warrants more intense healing because otherwise it just seems like they made the healers turbo boring

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm content with the changes to WHM. I'll miss Aero III, but otherwise it's gonna be fine.

I'm looking forward to trying Dancer. I never stuck with a DPS before, but they look fun to me.

• Options
    Lalafell
    God, Dark Knight looks amazing.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Melee DPS AOE moves are free. You can aoe forever now. Also seems like all melee jobs have an AOE combo of at least 2 hits now, not just a single move to spam.

Oh thank God, finally

Also, I’m probably the minority on this, but having DPS de-emphasized on SCH makes it more appealing to me. DPS on healing classes is always so dull for me, it felt like hitting buttons cuz there’s nothing better to do. I’d rather do nothing, cuz then at least I get time for my fingers to rest a bit.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Stilts wrote: »

Oh thank God, finally

Also, I’m probably the minority on this, but having DPS de-emphasized on SCH makes it more appealing to me. DPS on healing classes is always so dull for me, it felt like hitting buttons cuz there’s nothing better to do. I’d rather do nothing, cuz then at least I get time for my fingers to rest a bit.

Well bad news; it’s still filler actions to hit. Only now it’s actually just one button.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Lalafell
    I think I’m going to stop my attempt to level MCH before Shadowbringers.

Because the changes make it look so much more fun that I’m pretty certain my time spent leveling will be much more enjoyable if I wait.

-the three basic attacks are a combo instead of RNG proc chains.
    -gauss round and ricochet now charge up to 3 times
    -there’s a new skill used during Overheat that reduces the recast time of Gauss Round and Ricochet
    -Wildfire stacks potency based on how many weaponskills you landed.
    -rook autoturret turns into queen automaton. All her attacks count as weaponskills for dat Wildfire damage.
    -AOE rotation now has a combo action, an Overheat spam OGCD attack, and a DOT.
    -ammo is gone
    -Hot Shot becomes Air Anchor!
    -Drills

Enlong on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I think I’m going to stop my attempt to level MCH before Shadowbringers.

Because the changes make it look so much more fun that I’m pretty certain my time spent leveling will be much more enjoyable if I wait.

-the three basic attacks are a combo instead of RNG proc chains.
    -gauss round and ricochet now charge up to 3 times
    -there’s a new skill used during Overheat that reduces the recast time of Gauss Round and Ricochet
    -Wildfire stacks potency based on how many weaponskills you landed.
    -rook autoturret turns into queen automaton. All her attacks count as weaponskills for dat Wildfire damage.
    -AOE rotation now has a combo action, an Overheat spam OGCD attack, and a DOT.
    -ammo is gone
    -Hot Shot becomes Air Anchor!
    -Drills

I decided to do that yesterday as well. Leave MCH on my alt until expansion. From the changes listed, this was absolutely the right call.

Also, in related news: I have everything to 70 on my main character in Crystal data center as of Monday, so can focus all game time on alt in Sarg.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    8chdgcko7a3c.jpg

AFRAID

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    8chdgcko7a3c.jpg

AFRAID

Yup, that's gonna trigger the ol' vertigo.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Viera
    8chdgcko7a3c.jpg

AFRAID

This is during a boss battle

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Viera
    Also new monk owns actually

Especially since they got rid of the clunky tornado kick rotation

simulacrum on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I hope the new AST card system plays better than it looks, because it seems kind of boring.

Maybe I'm the weird one for really liking the randomness of the current system though.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Minfilia is a Rogue now.

That’s actually adorable.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah... I think I'm done with healing unless something changes. I'll still get one to 80 fairly quickly (and all 3 eventually), but I think I'm just gonna embrace the maximum greed and go full melee DPS this expansion.

Especially if True North stays at 45 seconds with 2 charges and I can cheat more positionals, cheating positionals is fun.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Roegadyn
    So how do people handle their action bars?

I have keys 1-6, the Q E R T Z X C and F keys, and a mouse with a clicking wheel, as well as a side with 12 extra buttons that are bound to shift+1 through shift+=. And that's still somehow not enough for all the class and role abilities. And it sounds like it will get even worse with Shadowbringers.

Javen on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Yeah, i use a controller and I'm a bit concerned

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    I use 1-5, R, T, F, G, 2 side mouse buttons, and ctrl+all of those, and F1-F8 for a total of 29 hotkeys, which is enough for most jobs' frequently pressed or important cooldown abilities, minus some of the shittier role actions I just ignore.

Everything else that is used but not often like potions or echo drops or tank stance buttons or limit break, or not in combat like mount or teleport goes on unhotkeyed buttons.

Edit: forgot I don't have ctrl+function key hotkeys, that would be too hard to hit, so 29 hotkeys.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    all this new info is worthless because nobody is telling me if hrothgar will be able to use the Modern Aesthetic hairstyles

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Mysst wrote: »
    Yeah, i use a controller and I'm a bit concerned

Controllers have, with chordal and double-press hotbars enabled, 48 slots available.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    They don't even have a hairstyle option in the customize list, their hairstyles are baked in with the face options.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I use 1-6, ~, QERF, shift+all of those, and mouse 4 and 5.

7, 8, and Shift 7&8 are also bound but I don't really use them.

Then I got stuff I only use semi regularly up in the top right corner of my 3 main bars for clicking on. Like sprint, rez spells, LB.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    I find F1-F4 really useful as hotkeys for important cooldowns/ninjitsu mudras

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.