Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I don't know if Tenzen was originally intended to be the soul of the WoL in a past life, but if they wanted to go that route it would make sense. Preternaturally strong, with a power to communicate with beings that he didn't know the language

Pretty much this, yeah. I doubt he will ever be brought up again either so it’s just a fun thing to speculate about

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Idea for Eureka 2 that could be fun (massive ShB spoilers tho)
    Travel to the doomed timeline at the moment the crystal tower left to try and do what you can to help fix the world. There’s dialog between yshtola and the exarch which to me is meant to directly state the doomed timeline still exists. They also establish we can hop between the first and source because of our aetherial trail... the crystal tower probably has a pretty fuckin big aetherial trail, hey?

This lets them use the same excuse to bring back the magia board and elemental levels. Might be a bit dark for shit content like eureka though

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Zay wrote: »
    Idea for Eureka 2 that could be fun (massive ShB spoilers tho)
    Travel to the doomed timeline at the moment the crystal tower left to try and do what you can to help fix the world. There’s dialog between yshtola and the exarch which to me is meant to directly state the doomed timeline still exists. They also establish we can hop between the first and source because of our aetherial trail... the crystal tower probably has a pretty fuckin big aetherial trail, hey?

This lets them use the same excuse to bring back the magia board and elemental levels. Might be a bit dark for shit content like eureka though

This is basically the plot line of Abyssea in FFXI.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Idea for Eureka 2
    don't

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    they said by their internal goals (I assume their internal goal was "give people something time-consuming to stay subscribed for that doesn't take a lot of development effort") eureka was a big success in an interview or letter from the producer at some point, right?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    they will absolutely do a eureka 2

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I know, but I ain't happy about it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    my number one eureka tip is that when you die and need to secure a rez fast just start shouting "pwease help im a little baby boyyyy" and the like and refuse to stop

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    my number one eureka tip is that when you die and need to secure a rez fast just start shouting "pwease help im a little baby boyyyy" and the like and refuse to stop

I see you have met my toddler.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Aldo wrote: »

I see you have met my toddler.

Tell them I said thanks for the rez

• Options
    Reminds me of the time some dude was spamming shout for a rez and I was nearby so I ran over and raised him. Walked a little bit away and saw him ask for a raise again. I hadn’t even gotten far enough away to deselect him, and could still see my raise pending. Walked back, raised again, still asking for a raise in shout chat. Eventually multiple people were standing on top of him casting raise, as he continued to just spam shout chat asking for a raise

Looking back at it he might have just been a really shitty programmed bot but it was really really funny at the time

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    2 rad things happened for me on Monday.

I finally got Eden 1 Savage cleared! Had been to enrage a few times, and got it done thanks to a very nice team who accepted me when I asked the leader if I could join despite their Duty Complete tag.

...and as a result, I’m joining them as a static group. I’m nervous about committing to a schedule, this being my first static, but the times are pretty good for me, and I’ve been wanting to try a consistent party for a while. I have high hopes for this.

• Options
    Hyur
    Zay wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time some dude was spamming shout for a rez and I was nearby so I ran over and raised him. Walked a little bit away and saw him ask for a raise again. I hadn’t even gotten far enough away to deselect him, and could still see my raise pending. Walked back, raised again, still asking for a raise in shout chat. Eventually multiple people were standing on top of him casting raise, as he continued to just spam shout chat asking for a raise

Looking back at it he might have just been a really shitty programmed bot but it was really really funny at the time

Every rez makes him more powerful, you got played

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Still between Heavensward and Stormblood, but there's been a lot of stuff coming up that has me pondering about stuff that could be in Shadowbringers.
    So I guess the Echo starts manifesting in people when an Umbral Calamity approaches, and what I know about Umbral Calamities is that they seem to be caused almost universally by weapons that have grown beyond the control of their creators. Xande and the Crystal Tower, The War of the Magi's abuse of aether, and Bahamut being called down by the Garleans.

And now here I am, kicking the butt of every primal that shows up, routinely routing ancient superweapons, and slaying the first brood of Midgardsormr who is now my bestie. Prompting lines from self-declared God-Kings such as "who... what are you?"

Am I the Eighth Umbral Calamity?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Radius wrote: »
    Still between Heavensward and Stormblood, but there's been a lot of stuff coming up that has me pondering about stuff that could be in Shadowbringers.
    So I guess the Echo starts manifesting in people when an Umbral Calamity approaches, and what I know about Umbral Calamities is that they seem to be caused almost universally by weapons that have grown beyond the control of their creators. Xande and the Crystal Tower, The War of the Magi's abuse of aether, and Bahamut being called down by the Garleans.

And now here I am, kicking the butt of every primal that shows up, routinely routing ancient superweapons, and slaying the first brood of Midgardsormr who is now my bestie. Prompting lines from self-declared God-Kings such as "who... what are you?"

Am I the Eighth Umbral Calamity?

thought related to that but later on, but don't read until after shadowbringers I guess
    I wonder what the deal was with the pope seeing the WoL as a weird shadow being moments before he died? has anything else connected to that or is it a weird forgotten plot point

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    he might have just been scared, we don't actually have any reason to think there was anything special about that guy

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Also

Heavensward "A Little Slow, A Little Late"
    I already knew this was happening, but the Warriors of Darkness just being the generic adventurers from all of the intros is such an incredible power move.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Just had my first experience with the Trust system

maaaan this seems rad as hell

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    ShB, Warrior of Darkness
    Oh jesus Estinien and Gaius teaming up is too much anger for one video game to contain

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Just had my first experience with the Trust system

maaaan this seems rad as hell

It's a good system, especially if you're leveling a DPS and the queue is awful. The flavor text is fun too.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    be forewarned that once you beat the MSQ the trust NPCs will reset to level 71, and you'll have to run trusts to level them back up to 80

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    be forewarned that once you beat the MSQ the trust NPCs will reset to level 71, and you'll have to run trusts to level them back up to 80

I'm still not a fan of this system, but at least they level up at a decent rate now. I leveled Astro from 71-80 almost purely off trusts and they had no issues keeping up. Planning to do the same with BLM once I get up there.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think it's a neat way to add a different System to the process of leveling, but the fact that the only reward (other than "getting to do MSQ dungeons of any level") is just a title is a downer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lalafell
    i think it's a neat way to add a different System to the process of leveling, but the fact that the only reward (other than "getting to do MSQ dungeons of any level") is just a title is a downer

Don’t you also get a costume option for each Scion by leveling them to 80?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Yeah. I suspect the trusts level because they're basically replacing squadrons and the devs still want some kind of progression with ai companions

• Options
    Roegadyn
    shitposting with a spoiler warning for basically everything

https://youtu.be/pCvvliHrW4Y

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    I got up to the intro quest to the Fae lands in ShB
    I really like the emphasis on the Exarch (who rules, love that dude) making sure that the citizens of The First are actively fighting for their world and pulling their own weight versus just leaning on the Scions to get shit done.

It is a nice change from a lot of the OH NO A PRIMAL/IMPERIAL INVASION/DRAGON, GET IN THERE WOL formula and also a good way to present the long-term hopes he has for the world crawling back from the brink.

Also I am sure they handle it well from folks speaking about his arc in a positive manner but YIKES Thancred does not make a great impression here

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Thancred fucking sucks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    I have mostly liked him up until this latest development

Like he's no Y'shtola but I had no real problems with the guy

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    the charitable read for thancred going into shadowbringers, and the one I subscribe to is
    the dude has gone through some truly wretched stuff, perhaps moreso than any other scion

he went through some shit in 1.0 that saddled him with a lot of (mostly minfillia related) guilt

he gets possesed by an ascian, and while possessed, watches his body get a shitload of his friends killed

after the bloody banquet he gets thrown into the lifestream, and then dumped naked into the wilderness with no more access to magic

then he learns minfillia is gone, and he retreats further into his role as the lone espionage expert

all this time, swallowing his suffering, maintaining his cool guy facade

and then he gets thrown into another dimension for five years, longer than anyone else, and he finds a new minfillia, kind of, it's complicated

the dude is an absolute fucking mess by the time we meet him on the first, and while that doesn't excuse his shit, I at least understand it

• Options
    Au'Ra
    the charitable read for thancred going into shadowbringers, and the one I subscribe to is
    the dude has gone through some truly wretched stuff, perhaps moreso than any other scion

he went through some shit in 1.0 that saddled him with a lot of (mostly minfillia related) guilt

he gets possesed by an ascian, and while possessed, watches his body get a shitload of his friends killed

after the bloody banquet he gets thrown into the lifestream, and then dumped naked into the wilderness with no more access to magic

then he learns minfillia is gone, and he retreats further into his role as the lone espionage expert

all this time, swallowing his suffering, maintaining his cool guy facade

and then he gets thrown into another dimension for five years, longer than anyone else, and he finds a new minfillia, kind of, it's complicated

the dude is an absolute fucking mess by the time we meet him on the first, and while that doesn't excuse his shit, I at least understand it
    Oh yeah I get he has had a pretty raw deal pretty consistently

But the way Minfilia was looking straight at the ground 80% of the time and her voice when she talked to Thancred and mentioned him not letting her do things set off every alarm in my head at once

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Ya Thancred does not deal with his problems in a healthy way at all. That being said he does have one of the largest character arcs of the scions.

I went from wanting to punch his face every time he showed up to appreciating who he became and the lessons he learned over the course of the story. YMMV of course.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    H0b0man wrote: »
    YMMV of course.
    Indeed. The only time in the entire game where I actually got annoyed with Thancred is that one point in ShB (level 77 Amh Araeng?) where
    I have to fight as him and his damage is low and his stealth walk speed slow and this solo duty is taking way too long whyyyyy.

On the other hand, that could just be Ran'jit's fault.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    Spoilers for the second time you go to Amh Araeng. (Sorry Blank)
    Ya that entire sequence was straight garbage. It was about 5 times as long as it needed to be.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Au'Ra
    Hey y'all could you maybe include where in the game the spoiler is occuring

Just saying the expansion is a super wide net considering how much they cover and there have been a few cases where someone replied with a very vague tag and it was for stuff I hadn't hit yet so I have to panic close it

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Hey y'all could you maybe include where in the game the spoiler is occuring

Just saying the expansion is a super wide net considering how much they cover
    I'd actually forgotten where it was, had to look it up.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Its no biggie! Didnt see anything crazy, and it is appreciated

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Spoilers for the second time you go to Amh Araeng. (Sorry Blank)
    Ya that entire sequence was straight garbage. It was about 5 times as long as it needed to be.

it's a very cool sequence except it's way too long.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.