As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Total War] "Peace!" "WAR!" "War and Peace." "JUST WAR." "The book, sister."

19596979899101»

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    They fixed the skaven off by one bug for menace below. I thought that would make it to wh3.

Those Skaven nerfs are good. They were a nuisance to play against and if you had any bonus ambush chance whatsoever you basically couldn't lose a campaign. It was easy mode to play and a nightmare to play into. Now there will be a lot more volatility in their campaign. CI was also too really strong. It'll still be good but you won't be able to ignore replenishment.

Skaven are my fav faction to play so I should be sad but they were f'ing ridiculous.

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    For some reason it seemed like I could usually handle everyone else but Tretch was a freaking nightmare to run into if I wasn’t playing him. Probably because he usually had time to get bigger and didn’t have as many threats around.

Jealous Deva on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    For some reason it seemed like I could usually handle everyone else but Tretch was a freaking nightmare to run into if I wasn’t playing him. Probably because he usually had time to get bigger and didn’t have as many threats around.
    If you start next to him he still doesn't get to do anything. I slapped him around mostly just out of hand as Sisters, not even intending to, but the AI just generally can't comp to beat a cheese stack, so...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The forge of daith rework is pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/3Dcc4KiM8OA

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    danxKarozElvenshae
    The patch has arrived. So go to total war access and UNLEASH THE BEAST!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    Karoz
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    good, forge of daith was dumb with 0 interesting choices

Karoz
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    Rakarths ME start is quite difficult. The province isn't great until it's built up a little so cash is tight and Marienburg shows up early. Wolfs are carrying me right now. They're great.

<3 it.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Jars wrote: »
    good, forge of daith was dumb with 0 interesting choices

I mean, you always took the permanent enhancement, right? Hopefully this is more interesting

Fencingsax on
    ArdolElvenshae
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    Rakarths ME start is quite difficult. The province isn't great until it's built up a little so cash is tight and Marienburg shows up early. Wolfs are carrying me right now. They're great.

<3 it.

I started his ME campaign last night but think I might restart. I took Albian in the first 5 turns but realized that Marienberg was going to be way too strong for me right away. I think I might be able to turn that settlement on the northern end of Albian into a sack city for a while to farm mammoths. I realized late last night that every single time I sack/loot a norscan settlement, I get a mammoth. I think I should farm up a doomstack of feral mammoths before I venture into the greater world.

FencingsaxElvenshaeMr Ray
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    I love that you can capture settlements (and bolster their garrisons!) with the arks, and that you can get their upkeep down real low. It has me pondering over "do I really want the hassle of taking that inland settlement when I know Tyrion is just gonna come attack it?"

Karoz
    I take albion whenever I can because it feels like the place is invisible, the AI never attacks it

I wish vampirates had the ability to attack coastal cities from sea like black arks do. it's the one thing with the faction that really does not work well

Ardol
  • altidaltid Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Sometimes the bullshit in this game can become frustrating. Like the AI unencumbered by any sort of economy or recruitment times. Or maps bugged so that your reinforcement army can't actually enter the map until the fight is basically over.

Edit: To elaborate, sent 2 armies across the sea from Ulthuan to Naggaroth. Got attacked by 5 different full stack armies on the way, and lost an absolute ton of troops in battle because some of the sea maps are horrendously bugged with rubbish like only allowing reinforcements to enter single file.

altid on
    That_Guy wrote: »
    danx wrote: »

<3 it.

I started his ME campaign last night but think I might restart. I took Albian in the first 5 turns but realized that Marienberg was going to be way too strong for me right away. I think I might be able to turn that settlement on the northern end of Albian into a sack city for a while to farm mammoths. I realized late last night that every single time I sack/loot a norscan settlement, I get a mammoth. I think I should farm up a doomstack of feral mammoths before I venture into the greater world.

Looks like you can only get about 4 mammoths out of Albian. After that, it just started spitting out more wolves. It did give me the opportunity to chevron up my monsters to the point where I crushed that first lizardmen quest battle. I set out with about half a doomstack of monsters and a back arc in tow with all my starter infantry. I now feel powerful enough to take on Marienberg.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Marienberg is just able to spam 2-3 stacks of spears,swords,archers, and pistoliers at the start. 4 mammoths should handle whatever they have easily

Kruite wrote: »
    Marienberg is just able to spam 2-3 stacks of spears,swords,archers, and pistoliers at the start. 4 mammoths should handle whatever they have easily

Oh for sure. I crushed them so hard they confederated with Karl the turn before I started singing down Marienberg itself. All that was left in the city was a haggard, half dead garrison army. There were no survivors. Now I'm poised to start taking Reikland.

Ardol
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    altid wrote: »
    Sometimes the bullshit in this game can become frustrating. Like the AI unencumbered by any sort of economy or recruitment times. Or maps bugged so that your reinforcement army can't actually enter the map until the fight is basically over.

Edit: To elaborate, sent 2 armies across the sea from Ulthuan to Naggaroth. Got attacked by 5 different full stack armies on the way, and lost an absolute ton of troops in battle because some of the sea maps are horrendously bugged with rubbish like only allowing reinforcements to enter single file.

This is why Lightning Strike is a must-have. The AI will always have more stacks than you, but you can at least force them to fight yours one at a time.

Question to the wise; can Greenskins still confederate the normal way? I'm playing as Grimgor, making my way north while Wurzag makes his way south. I keep rejecting his offers for non aggression pacts and alliances because I want to keep the option to bop him on the head and take his stuff at some point, but there always seems to be something more pressing that demands my attention. If I do ally with him, can I eventually confederate with him later?

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    You can always bop him on the head if you've got non-aggression pacts and alliances. You just have to break them and have everyone think you're totally untrustworthy... Which won't matter to the rest of the greenskins because you've bopped them on the head

wbBv3fj.png
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    This is true, but I've found that reliability is kind of weird in that if you have high strength and low reliability, pretty much everyone suddenly considers you the #1 threat in the world, regardless of anything else. Like, I'm in a strong position and probably able to take on all of the remaining Greenskins if necessary, but if the Empire and Skaven suddenly and simultaneously decide that I need to die, that would be a problem. And past experience has shown that if my reliability drops, that's exactly what will happen.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Where have people been expending to as Rakarth? Did a trial run with him and managed to take out Marienburg but then I was surrounded by enemies.

• altidaltid Registered User regular
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    altid wrote: »

This is why Lightning Strike is a must-have. The AI will always have more stacks than you, but you can at least force them to fight yours one at a time.

Wouldn't have helped here. The AI was attacking me rather than the other way around. Likewise ambush etc were not an option because it was over water. Eventually won out by sending anohter wave of armies that direction. The AI had finally been exhausted - helped by the fact that Chaos had razed pretty much all of Malekith's territory without opposition. The AI focused so heavily on me that it did nothing to stop them.

SharpyVII wrote: »
    Where have people been expending to as Rakarth? Did a trial run with him and managed to take out Marienburg but then I was surrounded by enemies.

Sadly Rakarth appears to have freedom, but in reality has none. If you don't go for Ulthuan they will go for you. All of them.

Smaug6BurnageKruiteLordSolarMachariusArdol
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I took out the Red Duke and have been fighting in ulthuan. Tried to have Rak himself hold the territory but there are too many HE stacks for him to keep the territory. Sending another general in

SharpyVII wrote: »

Sadly Rakarth appears to have freedom, but in reality has none. If you don't go for Ulthuan they will go for you. All of them.

I am learning that right now. I took the confederation for getting captives and starting in on Reikland. All of a sudden all the high elves DOW and start making for Albian. I have Batman beating down my door over in the slave islands while I play whack-a-mole with Karl. I'm not sure how I can sort this out but I think I'll figure out something.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Ulthuan needs to be nuked from orbit.

Honestly that's what makes Grom's campaign so great. Faction that shouldn't care a wink about elves, but no, we're gonna wreck those pointy ears.

Wreck em hard.

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Blitz Shrine of Assuryan, build the landmark, high elves will leave you alone for the rest of the game. Pretty sure I ended up doing that with Lorkhir.

morathi always loses to ulthuan but she does a lot of damage in the process if you can get going when she invades

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    There's a reason why when I playing Ikit I build a Doomsphere under Lothern out of principle.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    KarozFiendishrabbitMr Ray
    Why is there a Waystalker and a Thane in the Ubersreik garrison?

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Because you built the special vermintide building that gives you the five vermintide heroes as as a garrison (though they are, unfortunately, not actually unique heroes). And there is no Dwarf Ranger hero to represent Bardin

https://vermintide.gamepedia.com/Heroes

wbBv3fj.png
    FencingsaxKarozCojo MojoElvenshae
    edited March 2021
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Ubersreik is the city that Vermintide takes place in

Fiendishrabbit on
    FencingsaxKarozThat_GuyCojo MojoElvenshaeKruite
  • CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

Vermintide has a band of heroes in Ubersreik, including a dwarf and an elf. There is a mod to make them more unique.

Corsini on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
    KarozThat_GuyElvenshae
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Can someone make the new thread? I can leave this one open if you need to copy any info, but @ me when you’re ready to close it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    New thread

Please lock this one @Sterica

Elvenshae
This discussion has been closed.