As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    All I have left to unlock Sedna Eris is Lephantis. For the first time I will preemptively ask for help on a junction thing instead of going in solo since I don't want to waste my key.

Do not half-ass your weapons going into Lephantis. The thing is a huge tank, and is only vulnerable in a few spots so you need something accurate as well.

Also, very important: Do not rely on single shot mega-power weaponry. Lephantis has a damage cap per shot. You want something with a bit less damage but better rate of fire.

that's problematic because the only gun I'm at all competent with is my vectis.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    All I have left to unlock Sedna Eris is Lephantis. For the first time I will preemptively ask for help on a junction thing instead of going in solo since I don't want to waste my key.

Do not half-ass your weapons going into Lephantis. The thing is a huge tank, and is only vulnerable in a few spots so you need something accurate as well.

Also, very important: Do not rely on single shot mega-power weaponry. Lephantis has a damage cap per shot. You want something with a bit less damage but better rate of fire.

That is a problem, yes.
    It's also vulnerable to slow effects. Rhino's stomp can do hilarious things to it, if you time it correctly.

Or, if you don't time it correctly, annoy the rest of the squad to a level usually reserved for Limbo.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I need to kill Lephantis also, how would a scourge fare there?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    lephantis is bullshit bad design, even more so than warframe bosses usually are.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    hey now, the Lephantis fight is pretty cool the first time.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I appreciate it being a boss you actually have to fight, instead of press 4.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

You can totally press 4 to win, with the right titania build the entire fight is seconds long

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    so the best frame for Lephantis is Titania now that she properly benefits from Aviator and Agility Drift.

while she's in her 4 she's basically invincible with those two mods. her Exalted pistols are extremely accurate, her ability to fly means she can reposition to see Lephantis' stupid heads properly, her pistols are very much of the bullet hose style, to the point that if you're using her augment to her 4 you will often run out of bullets and have to wait a sec (it's on regenerate, not reload, which on the one hand means you cannot fully run out of bullets, but on the other means you gotta pause if you unload the entire magazine)

like she just fucking shreds Lephantis.

(other excellent option: supra vandal, aka my favorite gun)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    You don't need to mod for endurance on lephantis, I go full power strength, each head dies before the mag runs out. I do the same for the plague star event, but sometimes the corpus head gets a lucky shot and downs me.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The first time I fought Lephantis we shot at it for like 25 minutes without getting even halfway through phase one and then shrugged and left the mission.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »

You can totally press 4 to win, with the right titania build the entire fight is seconds long

From a frame people actually play. :P

*Badum-tish*.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

*Badum-tish*.

*pulls out death pixie pistols*

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    The first time I fought Lephantis we shot at it for like 25 minutes without getting even halfway through phase one and then shrugged and left the mission.

My first time was after watching an iFlynn video where he talks about using Nova and a Hek waiting for the weak points to be exposed and then avoiding the big swinging axe thing. I failed my first attempt but figured it out in my second attempt.

• Options

*Badum-tish*.

*pulls out death pixie pistols*

I have nothing bad to say about the adorable bug lady who unlocked Eris for me last night.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Titania is fun. The fact that she can trivialize multiple Mastery Rank tests with her flight is just icing on a good cake.

• Options
    Titania is fun. The fact that she can trivialize multiple Mastery Rank tests with her flight is just icing on a good cake.

and Maroo's Ayatan hunts, and Lua puzzle rooms, and...

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Man, sometimes Nightwave feels really cross-purpose to whatever I'm trying to do in game. Right now, I'm at the phase where I have one of each of every Warframe, so now I'm trying to farm up the Primed versions of each (and getting random Primed weapons along the way). But none of the current Nightwave things are really good for to either Relic cracking *or* leveling new weapons/'frames. I guess you can get some relic *drops* from Bounties / Domas, but that's not really what I'm doing right now, plus that's not really farming FOR the relics, plus plus I usually farm relics in ESO because you get free Radiants *and* Focus while you do it.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

Soma (or Soma Prime if you have it) can also do extremely well, but if you have aiming issues, they can run low on ammo...when Lephantis is sortie level. Outside of that, they're quite good for the fight.

Don't know if you've run it yet, but if you haven't and don't want to wait to build up something other than your vectis, feel free to hit me up when I'm online and I'd by happy to tear through a couple Leph runs with you.

EDIT: Quick edit because my sig is showing my playing DOTA Underlords constantly, which I am not. I say that because I'm posting from work right now and while I tend to sneak in a game at lunch, it looks like I'm online playing all day...which would be great, but isn't true. I'm usually on for a bit in the evenings, sometime after 7pm EST.

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    I accidentally bought an extra Shawzin. We can trade decorations in game, in person, right?

• Options
    Mudzgut wrote: »

Soma (or Soma Prime if you have it) can also do extremely well, but if you have aiming issues, they can run low on ammo...when Lephantis is sortie level. Outside of that, they're quite good for the fight.

Don't know if you've run it yet, but if you haven't and don't want to wait to build up something other than your vectis, feel free to hit me up when I'm online and I'd by happy to tear through a couple Leph runs with you.

EDIT: Quick edit because my sig is showing my playing DOTA Underlords constantly, which I am not. I say that because I'm posting from work right now and while I tend to sneak in a game at lunch, it looks like I'm online playing all day...which would be great, but isn't true. I'm usually on for a bit in the evenings, sometime after 7pm EST.

Severinn dragged me through it, as well as a couple teralyst runs last night.

What's the best way to powerlevel frames/weapons without just basically asking someone to carry you through high level stuff while you leech affinity? Part of my problem is I have a loadout that works pretty damn well for most solo content and i hate switching to something that works less well and feels worse to play. Especially if it involves going back to stuff that should be easy. I've got Excalibur/ExUmbra and Trinity Prime mastered, and Limbo and Rhino at 10 ( and Nyx and Oberon in the oven ), but playing anything but my trinity makes me feel clumsy and awkward. (Moreso even than I normally do when getting in squads with high-level people who dash off so fast I can't even see where they went)

Also I guess how do I keep from constantly being out of energy on frames that aren't trinity?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular

and Maroo's Ayatan hunts, and Lua puzzle rooms, and...

I am a dummy cause I never even thought of using her for the Ayatan hunts.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular

What's the best way to powerlevel frames/weapons without just basically asking someone to carry you through high level stuff while you leech affinity? Part of my problem is I have a loadout that works pretty damn well for most solo content and i hate switching to something that works less well and feels worse to play. Especially if it involves going back to stuff that should be easy. I've got Excalibur/ExUmbra and Trinity Prime mastered, and Limbo and Rhino at 10 ( and Nyx and Oberon in the oven ), but playing anything but my trinity makes me feel clumsy and awkward. (Moreso even than I normally do when getting in squads with high-level people who dash off so fast I can't even see where they went)

Also I guess how do I keep from constantly being out of energy on frames that aren't trinity?

Experience will get divided evenly between all your equipped weapons (primary/secondary/melee), even if the item is maxed out, so you can usually drop your melee slot if you want more experience to go to the leveling weapon.

As far as leveling, there's several of the dark sectors that give you bonus experience for things, I think one on each planet, that's an endless zone. For early leveling stuff I'd usually hit the one on Ceres. Hydron is the most common leveling mission from what I know, but that's one of the last planets.

Energy wise, try to get a streamline or fleeting expertise. I know I probably have some extras or someone else in the clan might too. The "optimal" setup for those two is to level them to 1 short of max, which gives you 75% efficiency (which is the max, because abilities cannot consume less than 25% of their base costs).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Saldonas wrote: »

Experience will get divided evenly between all your equipped weapons (primary/secondary/melee), even if the item is maxed out, so you can usually drop your melee slot if you want more experience to go to the leveling weapon.

As far as leveling, there's several of the dark sectors that give you bonus experience for things, I think one on each planet, that's an endless zone. For early leveling stuff I'd usually hit the one on Ceres. Hydron is the most common leveling mission from what I know, but that's one of the last planets.

Energy wise, try to get a streamline or fleeting expertise. I know I probably have some extras or someone else in the clan might too. The "optimal" setup for those two is to level them to 1 short of max, which gives you 75% efficiency (which is the max, because abilities cannot consume less than 25% of their base costs).

Wait, the last rank of it is literally a trap? Am i reading that right?

Also the even affinity split among weapons only applies for affinity you get from other people's kills, or from random pickups. Kill affinity is only split between the frame and killing weapon.
    So you're saying basically the only way to level without crippling myself is to do group content?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Not entirely a trap. If you don't want to spend the mod slot for streamline, then a max rank FE is still useful.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

Also the even affinity split among weapons only applies for affinity you get from other people's kills, or from random pickups. Kill affinity is only split between the frame and killing weapon.
    So you're saying basically the only way to level without crippling myself is to do group content?

I usually level just playing through syndicate missions or low level relics, if I want to make a push on something, then I'll hit up a dark sector or hop into Helene (mini-Hydron) or Hydron. If you're really looking to move fast, getting a carry in Sanctuary Onslaught is really the solid meta at the moment I think. You can solo away for leveling, but you will be slower than running in a group since you'll be missing out on the shared affinity. Unless you're trying to rush something to max or fix it up after a forma, it's not that bad to just roll out, it'll just take longer. Obviously having an affinity booster changes it up as well since you'd earn double affinity.

Energy - a lot of times it's just making sure you push a little more efficiency, but you can boost with energy pads and other <spoiler> options as well as you move through the game.

As for the Streamline/Fleeting Expertise, it's the combination of the two where you want to be down a level to not have overlap. It's not a trap in the sense that you will have builds where you use a fully leveled Streamline without Fleeting Expertise.

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

The floor is 25% of base. A max rank streamline is +30% eff, fleeting expertise is +60% eff. A max rank Blind Rage is -55% eff (+90 Power str). IIRC, all of these are additive. So in the end you'd get 20% off.

It's not really a trap, just... not really necessary for a lot of stuff. Then you'd need something to account for the extra 10% duration hit from maxed fleeting (primed continuity is +55 maxed duration but it's also legendary, so costly to max) , which there are more mods for... but for general builds not maxing fleeting or blind rage for that matter tends to work out.

edit: maxed fleeting cuts your duration down 60%, rank 4 is 50%

corrupted mods just introduce a weird dance of min/max that you might not be able to account for entirely yet.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Not entirely a trap. If you don't want to spend the mod slot for streamline, then a max rank FE is still useful.

Oh, you were talking the combined bonus from the 2 of them. That makes more sense.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I accidentally bought an extra Shawzin. We can trade decorations in game, in person, right?

I don't know, but you might be able to donate it to the clan. Not that anyone will ever decorate the clan hall with it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    What's generally the best use of the heaps of excess mods I've collected? Is transmutation worthwhile, or should I just sell/dissolve?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Dissolve is the one that gives Endo right? You want Endo

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    The fewer mods you have the more likely you are to get something really useful through transmutation.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    What's generally the best use of the heaps of excess mods I've collected? Is transmutation worthwhile, or should I just sell/dissolve?

heap them in a pile and roll around in them. Make sure Ordis sees you doing it.

When I was short on credits/endo I'd sell some off but now that neither are really a limiter I just let them stack up to see how many I can get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Daimar wrote: »

heap them in a pile and roll around in them. Make sure Ordis sees you doing it.

When I was short on credits/endo I'd sell some off but now that neither are really a limiter I just let them stack up to see how many I can get.

they still have the mod collection rating score.

I used to keep my mods all at multiples of 50 or 5s... I... no longer suffer from such insanity.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

When I need endo I just sell mods down to 10. It's usually good for a few thousand endo.

• Options

The best, most potent advice I can give to anybody, starting out or old timer, is to get the highest tier X10 power restore bluepint you can, and then use all your resources crafting them while you watch netflix. It's a HUGE quality of life improvement and will allow you to use all your powers with impunity and zero thought.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Or, main Hildryn, get the kubrow that has the Protect mod and never worry about power again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    EDIT: As to your first question, just bring your best stuff + what you want to level to hydron on sedna. Everybody there will likely be doing the same. It's fast xp and folks know what you're doing, you won't be accused of leeching or being a Dbag because you have unleveled gear there.
    EDIT: wow, that wasn't the edit button, it's wwwaaaaay too hot here.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    EDIT: As to your first question, just bring your best stuff + what you want to level to hydron on sedna. Everybody there will likely be doing the same. It's fast xp and folks know what you're doing, you won't be accused of leeching or being a Dbag because you have unleveled gear there.
    EDIT: wow, that wasn't the edit button, it's wwwaaaaay too hot here.

What's the best way to get like, all the nano spores? I have 28k polymer bundles, which is enough to make 1200 squad energy smalls. But 13k nano spores is only enough to make like 60. And also it seems like every useful consumable recipe uses them too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Best place for Nano Spores is the Derelict, IIRC

• Options
    Also don't build too many smalls. Keeping a handful handy while you wait on getting acces to the large BP can make sense but once you have it you'll never use up the smalls.

This discussion has been closed.