As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Got both vandals from the Operation, and just in time.

All in all I think I enjoy the new game mode. Needs a bit too much organization to reliably pug it, but in a group that's knows what to do it's a blast.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I still have to get the second weapon from that >_<

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    It's not too hard, most pugs I tried with managed about 3500 points and were easily convinced to try for the 4000 when I asked. It's just a matter of time, not ability.

Speaking of time not ability, does anyone have a spare Covert Lethality? I abhor Spy missions so I will likely never get it on my own.

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »
    It's not too hard, most pugs I tried with managed about 3500 points and were easily convinced to try for the 4000 when I asked. It's just a matter of time, not ability.

Speaking of time not ability, does anyone have a spare Covert Lethality? I abhor Spy missions so I will likely never get it on my own.

Got it on the first try thanks to a group that (mostly) actually communicated.

Sadly we lost our Khora after two rounds but they'd said they were just there for some Hexagon. Between a Rhino, a Saryn and a Mesa we got to exactly 4003 points with only a single destroyed node and that was when the Saryn just decided to run off on their own and try and do a node solo.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I got another rifle riven recently and decided to crack that sucker. Turned out to be ANOTHER Sybaris riven so now I have two (one MR10 and the other MR14). I decided I might as well roll one to see if anything good comes out and the new roll gave me +Crit chance and +heat ... I guess that's good because Sybaris has a high-ish crit chance to begin with ... I hardly know with rivens though.

My brain has also decided to go on a vacation from clearing star chart nodes and doing quest ... since it was all I've done for the past few weeks. Now I'm just having fun murdering vomvalyst in the plains at night. I don't have an amp or weapons to even take on an eidolon right now and I really don't care. Still getting my legs under me in any case. You know ... years(?) in cryostasis has got to atrophy muscles quite a bit. Just making a big loop around the area close to Cetus at night gets me at least 80 intact cores. That may not be much to you ... but any standing is good standing right now. Plus it's what my brain finds fun right now.

Now if I could just motivate myself to make some index, SO, and ESO runs I could ACTUALLY make some more progress in the game. Also, I need to run some bounties still, capture that pesky Simaris target, and get in on some syndicate missions. I did also unlock sorties ... but that is also a thing that I'm not ready for ... I'll get there ... eventually.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I got another rifle riven recently and decided to crack that sucker. Turned out to be ANOTHER Sybaris riven so now I have two (one MR10 and the other MR14). I decided I might as well roll one to see if anything good comes out and the new roll gave me +Crit chance and +heat ... I guess that's good because Sybaris has a high-ish crit chance to begin with ... I hardly know with rivens though.

My brain has also decided to go on a vacation from clearing star chart nodes and doing quest ... since it was all I've done for the past few weeks. Now I'm just having fun murdering vomvalyst in the plains at night. I don't have an amp or weapons to even take on an eidolon right now and I really don't care. Still getting my legs under me in any case. You know ... years(?) in cryostasis has got to atrophy muscles quite a bit. Just making a big loop around the area close to Cetus at night gets me at least 80 intact cores. That may not be much to you ... but any standing is good standing right now. Plus it's what my brain finds fun right now.

Now if I could just motivate myself to make some index, SO, and ESO runs I could ACTUALLY make some more progress in the game. Also, I need to run some bounties still, capture that pesky Simaris target, and get in on some syndicate missions. I did also unlock sorties ... but that is also a thing that I'm not ready for ... I'll get there ... eventually.

Crit chance is pretty good. Not sure about the base Sybaris, but Dex Sybaris will hit 100% crit with max point strike +another 40%, while Sybaris Prime needs +85%. Since the former would otherwise require Critical Delay, which would lower your overall DPS, while the other takes Argon Scope, which is both a)extremely rare and/or expensive and b) only on a temporary basis (have to chain headshots to keep it up) it's kinda Riven or bust in hitting 100% with Sybaris... and depending on how much the heat damage bonus is, you could fit it in by replacing an ele damage mod.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

Crit chance is pretty good. Not sure about the base Sybaris, but Dex Sybaris will hit 100% crit with max point strike +another 40%, while Sybaris Prime needs +85%. Since the former would otherwise require Critical Delay, which would lower your overall DPS, while the other takes Argon Scope, which is both a)extremely rare and/or expensive and b) only on a temporary basis (have to chain headshots to keep it up) it's kinda Riven or bust in hitting 100% with Sybaris... and depending on how much the heat damage bonus is, you could fit it in by replacing an ele damage mod.

Okay ... so I went back to look at the exact numbers and here are the stats:
    Sybaris Ignicron
    +147.9% Critical Chance
    +91.3% Heat
    @ max rank ... in either case I'm not sinking any more Kuva for now since IT IS MR14 and I'm still MR9 right now ... so ... yeah. And yeah, I do have the Dex Sybaris since it was an alert reward quite recently ... haven't touched the weapon yet so there is that ... I think I'm doing it wrong LOL.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I watched the noclip documentary on this, and there was a part of that where they talked about adding pets and the ability to use premium currency to buy random colours for it or something. And seeing someone do it 200 times made them realize they'd made a slot machine, and they had to get rid of it because that's terrible.

You know what, I think I'm going to give this game another shot. That's the kind of attitude to players I like.

• Options
    I'm not gonna say DE are saints when it comes to their attitude towards their player-base

But they're probably about as close to sainthood as you're going to find in modern game development

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Oh I understand that they obviously design the game in a way that will make them money.

But setting they essentially created a loot box and said ‘no we’re not doing that’ is something I like.

Also this game should be digital crack for me but something always puts me off and I’m going to find out what.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Oh I understand that they obviously design the game in a way that will make them money.

But setting they essentially created a loot box and said ‘no we’re not doing that’ is something I like.

Also this game should be digital crack for me but something always puts me off and I’m going to find out what.

I almost quit a couple times out of pure choice paralysis combined with the game failing to explain, well, pretty much anything at all.

Like, there's almost too many things I could do to progress... but I didn't actually know how to progress, or what progression even means but hey I have two warframes and five gun in the oven not to mention the dozen or so I haven't even equipped yet let alone leveled and oh what the hell I have to do invasions for ingredients as well and what are these relics oh god there are better versions of all of these weapons and you have to open relics in order to get the pieces to build them and...

But then I discovered, just do something. I couldn't do everything at once but when I just hopped on and was able to go "Ok, so I'll do some Red Veil missions, oh and that invasion has a part I need and I want to try that new gun" and then cut myself off at that until I'd finished doing those things instead of trying to figure out how to do everything at once it kinda clicked.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    The two most common reasons people stop playing Warframe in my estimate:
    1) Not enough goals to pursue (the veteran who's run out of shit to chase)
    2) Too many goals to pursue (choice paralysis without any clear path leading to a feeling of being overwhelmed)

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    The two most common reasons people stop playing Warframe in my estimate:
    1) Not enough goals to pursue (the veteran who's run out of shit to chase)
    2) Too many goals to pursue (choice paralysis without any clear path leading to a feeling of being overwhelmed)

3) Banned from chat

(some people never leave it.)

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    On the Warframe Xbox console stream yesterday they said that they were working hard to send the latest build to Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for cert by the end of this week. But also that if they don't hit that target it would be early next week. If they hit that target and get this out by the end of this week we may be knee deep in hexanon by the end of next week. That is officially too much to be going on what with E3 next week as well. And you know they are going to be launching the next series of nightwave soon as well. I ... I'm afraid guys ... hold me?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    You would think that after all these years they would have fixed the "if the stealth kill animation puts your frame out of bounds you're now stuck unable to do anything else" bug. ugh.

even if you /unstuck, you're frozen in place. and if you've stealthed the map and nobody finds you to kill you then you've wasted your time, esp if solo.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    On the Warframe Xbox console stream yesterday they said that they were working hard to send the latest build to Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for cert by the end of this week. But also that if they don't hit that target it would be early next week. If they hit that target and get this out by the end of this week we may be knee deep in hexanon by the end of next week. That is officially too much to be going on what with E3 next week as well. And you know they are going to be launching the next series of nightwave soon as well. I ... I'm afraid guys ... hold me?

So how are you doing on the unvaulted stuff? You have until the end of the month, that should be fine, right?

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

So how are you doing on the unvaulted stuff? You have until the end of the month, that should be fine, right?

Unvaulted stuff? Uh ... you mean Loki and Volt and all the other stuff unvaulted recently ... I forgot that was a thing. Yet another thing to add on the pile. Aren't the relics going to stick around for a while and we should be able to get the relics for a bit? I believe that the next prime that will be vaulted will be Hydroid Prime and MAYBE Mirage after that considering that they were released after Oberon (and he was just vaulted earlier this year). Or were you talking about something else that I should be focused on right now?

Tonight I went on to try a few ghoul bounties since I don't have all the stuff from that. I failed the first two attempts (for the lower bounty as a warm-up) on the first section of the mission where they ask you to fill a container by getting Grokdrul. The first time was solo where I got assaulted by a Thumper and ran out of time trying to kill it with adds up the whazoo. The second time, the same mission and bounty part, with a team of four people where no matter how many we killed no grokdrul dropped ... like at all. Got the first bounty done finally with one other guy but the prior defeats took the wind out of my sails. I just didn't feel like playing much after that ... or at least I couldn't decide what I should/wanted to do next. I haven't even tried the harder bounty since I NEVER seem to get any PUGs that are doing that bounty ... or any bounties that I wanna do at least. I'll be back at it tomorrow night ... hopefully with a plan of attack ... or at least scrounge up some people in recruitment chat for that second ghoul bounty.

• Options
    The vaulted relics will disappear as soon as the vault is closed, but any relics already collected will remain in you inventory indefinitely. So if you have a stockpile of vaulted relics they can be done whenever, but you can't get anymore.

• Options
    The vaulted relics will disappear as soon as the vault is closed, but any relics already collected will remain in you inventory indefinitely. So if you have a stockpile of vaulted relics they can be done whenever, but you can't get anymore.

And for the record since the relics for this opening were Void drops unless you made your own stockpile it might not be a good idea on relying on other people to have farmed giant stockpiles.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options

I ... am totally freaking confused now. So when something gets unvaulted the relics for that thing only stick around for ... ~a month or two ... then it gets vaulted again for multiple years? That makes no sense if that is the case. I know when something gets vaulted the relics disappear from the drop tables. But I have no idea when it comes to unvaulted stuff.

I also admit that I might just be 'brain derping' and my comprehension units are faulty. I might just need to read Warframe: Vaulting for Dummies ... then again with so much similar terminology (and people inter-changeably switch between terms) it can be difficult to follow. I'll just shut up now and admit that I don't know if I want to dive down THAT rabbit hole right now. Though the original question was about how I was doing with my 'unvaulted relics' ... I'll admit that I'm still confuzzled right now.

• Options
    Nah you pretty much had it, I think just some phrasing that wasn't clicking in there.

Vaulted relics: No longer on drop tables
    Unvaulted relics: Temporarily back on drop tables.

No relic will be removed from your inventory, but if you wanna farm something obviously it's easier when it's unvaulted because there are more relics in circulation.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    The vault means that the relics containing the parts for that piece of gear no longer drop. Most prime stuff is currently in the vault. Newly created stuff is just there and, usually after a month or two, it goes into the vault (relics containing that gear no longer drop). At that point stuff that was in the vault comes out (new relics containing that gear start dropping), and occasionally they add in new stuff at the same time. And yes most stuff stays in there for a year or sometimes more. It is a way for DE to encourage people to pay platinum to get stuff in the vault from other players. Now any parts you earn you keep, whether they go into the vault or are already in the vault. Same thing with relics. Any of them you have you keep. But once something goes in the vault, no more relics will drop with that piece. You can still get those relics randomly by buying syndicate relic packs though. Any better?

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I ... am totally freaking confused now. So when something gets unvaulted the relics for that thing only stick around for ... ~a month or two ... then it gets vaulted again for multiple years? That makes no sense if that is the case. I know when something gets vaulted the relics disappear from the drop tables. But I have no idea when it comes to unvaulted stuff.

I also admit that I might just be 'brain derping' and my comprehension units are faulty. I might just need to read Warframe: Vaulting for Dummies ... then again with so much similar terminology (and people inter-changeably switch between terms) it can be difficult to follow. I'll just shut up now and admit that I don't know if I want to dive down THAT rabbit hole right now. Though the original question was about how I was doing with my 'unvaulted relics' ... I'll admit that I'm still confuzzled right now.

You have it right, during an unvaulting period, for example the current Loki/Volt unvaulting, relics containing the parts for Loki & Volt are added to the drop tables. For the current unvaulting the relics only drop from the void or from Syndicate relic packs. Any relics you get as loot will stay in your inventory until you use them or sell them.

If you really have a hankering for Loki or Volt now is the best time to get them since when they go back in the vault the market price for the relics and their part BPs will go back up in price.

Alternately, if you are like me and value your time in game more than the money you get at an actual job, it is actually a very reasonable deal to buy them from DE since you get the frames, the weapons and some plat without having to blow your brains out farming for the relics or farming for plat to buy the parts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    furlion wrote: »
    The vault means that the relics containing the parts for that piece of gear no longer drop. Most prime stuff is currently in the vault. Newly created stuff is just there and, usually after a month or two, it goes into the vault (relics containing that gear no longer drop). At that point stuff that was in the vault comes out (new relics containing that gear start dropping), and occasionally they add in new stuff at the same time. And yes most stuff stays in there for a year or sometimes more. It is a way for DE to encourage people to pay platinum to get stuff in the vault from other players. Now any parts you earn you keep, whether they go into the vault or are already in the vault. Same thing with relics. Any of them you have you keep. But once something goes in the vault, no more relics will drop with that piece. You can still get those relics randomly by buying syndicate relic packs though. Any better?
    You see that bolded part ... that part is not totally clear to me. So for example ... Equinox Prime just got released a couple of months back so she is new. Are her relics going to disappear in the next few weeks? I'm sure Mesa Prime was also new when she came out(?) and I could swear that relics are still dropping for her in bounty missions (but that could be selective memory and I am totally living in the past). If the relics for NEW primes are around for just a few weeks then that would be REALLY shitty bad.
    Daimar wrote: »

You have it right, during an unvaulting period, for example the current Loki/Volt unvaulting, relics containing the parts for Loki & Volt are added to the drop tables. For the current unvaulting the relics only drop from the void or from Syndicate relic packs. Any relics you get as loot will stay in your inventory until you use them or sell them.

If you really have a hankering for Loki or Volt now is the best time to get them since when they go back in the vault the market price for the relics and their part BPs will go back up in price.

Alternately, if you are like me and value your time in game more than the money you get at an actual job, it is actually a very reasonable deal to buy them from DE since you get the frames, the weapons and some plat without having to blow your brains out farming for the relics or farming for plat to buy the parts.

So, if I'm understanding this right ... frames/relics that were previously released and then vaulted only come back for a limited time during their unvaulting? Also, they ONLY appear as rewards from void missions and from syndicate relic packs. As a dying Corpus once said to me "WAOW".

If I'm correct it only makes some sense once you already understand. As with ALL THINGS in this game, these specifics are POORLY COMMUNICATED at best and downright confusing most of the time. Why do they have to make things so complicated ... it's like a verbally/emotionally/poorly communicative relationship with great sex. I don't know what they are thinking and we never talk things out but they are taking off their pants so ... I'll still get in the bed.

dipuc4life on
  • Options
    Where the relics drop changes with each unvaulting. It's just for the most recent one they only drop in the void (or from syndicate relic packs) which is why you may have seen people griping about it because farming the void for relics is fairly tedious.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    You see that bolded part ... that part is not totally clear to me. So for example ... Equinox Prime just got released a couple of months back so she is new. Are her relics going to disappear in the next few weeks? I'm sure Mesa Prime was also new when she came out(?) and I could swear that relics are still dropping for her in bounty missions (but that could be selective memory and I am totally living in the past). If the relics for NEW primes are around for just a few weeks then that would be REALLY shitty bad.

There are generally two periods where prime stuff is available.

The first is after they debut. Every time a new set of prime things debut, the oldest set of prime things in the current rotation gets vaulted. This gives over a year after a release for relics to be acquired before they get vaulted.

The second is during unvaultings. These take older things and stuff them into relics. These are available for a shorter period of time, usually a few months instead of over a year. Stuff can be unvaulted multiple times but only has the long post-debut availability once.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Speaking of, when is the next rotation and what do you think it'll be?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Thank you for your time and patience my Awesome PA friends ... I understand now. *takes off pants and gets in the bed* ... What? I'm going for a few rounds with ... wait ... take your minds out of the gutter. I play Warframe on the Switch ... it's allowed.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Mortious wrote: »
    Speaking of, when is the next rotation and what do you think it'll be?

This current Prime Vault ends July 2nd, but this year has been inconsistant with the Unvaulting schedule. We had back to back Unvaultings at the beginning of the year (Mag/Nova then Ember/Frost) then a break before the current one (Loki/Volt). So it could be on July 2, or more likely after Tennocon a week later, or it could be a month or two after that.

Ash Prime remains the oldest Warframe yet to be Unvaulted. There was fairly havy speculation that Ash would be in the current unvaulting but it was a surpise that we got Volt instead. Ash Prime was given away during last years Tennocon so that may be why he was skipped.

Next oldest Frames without an Unvaulting are Trinity Prime, Vauban Prime, Nekros Prime, Valkyr Prime and Banshee Prime. Trinity was available through Twitch Prime for a long while last year, so she might be skipped.

Hellbore on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm really hoping for valkyr. I would extremely like to have my powerful yelling girl's prime variant

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    It seems like Valkyr was just vaulted a little while ago. Sept 25 is more than a little bit, but seems a bit early after going in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Since Nami Skyla Prime and Hydroid prime are the next frames to get vaulted I better get off my ass and build them...

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to Hydroid Prime getting vaulted so that Red Veil's rank-up cost can switch to something that isn't fabulously expensive.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Speaking of Hydroid P getting Vaulted, I wonder if they'll stick to Atlas Prime being the next on the schedule or mix it up with Wukong Prime, dropping his rework, deluxe skin and Prime all at the same time

• Options
    I swear ghoul bounties can eat a dick get bent. The bounties themselves are not that hard/bad but almost every time a thumper spawns right in the middle of my mission. So said thumper usually proceeds to crap all over my mission causing it to eventually fail. On top of this PUGs aren't really running this mission anymore ... at least not at the time I usually play. I spent more than a half hour in recruiting chat trying to get a bite. When I did start getting a few bites (and having made several promises to assist them after the bounties) the game proceeds to drop everyone from the squad and then mysteriously all of them are offline. Yeah, just what I wanted to do ... solo a high-level ghoul bounty.

I'm done with ghouls until the next time (guess that will be in a few weeks) ... and even then I'm skeptical that people, having wrung every bit of nourishment from the drop tables, will still want to play. As with all other bounties failing a single section of the bounty fails the entire mission, and the thumpers ain't having no part of any success. They are checking your permits and asking to search your k-drive for contraband. I could probably solo a high-level ghoul bounty IF they didn't always decide to crash my party. Eff this noise ... I'm done with ghoul bounties and won't waste my time with recruitment chat. If I can't solo something that just means I have to use more forma/mods and get better.

• Options
    I want a Titania prime variant

I think it's gonna be awhile though

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I want a Titania prime variant

I think it's gonna be awhile though

I believe Titanaia Prime will be the Q1 2020 Prime Access, after Ivara Prime

ED: Yeah, Prime release order should be (2019) Atlas, Wukong, Ivara, (2020) Titania, Nezha, Inaros, Octavia, (2021) Gara, Nidus, Harrow, Khora, (2022) Garuda, Revenant, Baruuk, Hildryn, (2023) Wisp

Hellbore on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I honestly don't want to see a Prime Inaros.
    He's perfectly OP the way he is.

Or a Prime Nidus for that matter since he's kind of all about ze corruption.

I would like to see Prime Atlas and Prime Khora. Perferably on (in the case of Atlas) or ahead of schedule.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Prime Atlas would probably include a rework, yeah? Wouldn't mind seeing him get a little buff

This discussion has been closed.