As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Does every part of Gauss drop on Kelpie or is it just the neuroptics? I thought it was all of them, but I'm at 3 neuroptics and zero anything else so I'm kinda starting to wonder.

You're just unlucky. I have a chassis and systems, and... no neuroptics.

Yeah, I got the chassis and system the first time I played on Kelpie. Didn't get anything the second time, but that's okay. I'm sure it will go by way quicker than farming for Ivara or Equinox did

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    There's an Axi fissure on Kelpie on PC currently, it's up for another 40 minutes if you want to crack relics and farm Gauss at the same time

• Options
    triathtriath Registered User regular
    I've put off trying this game for so long but I'm thinking it's maybe time to try it out. Any chance I can get an invite? PC - Advion

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    triath wrote: »
    I've put off trying this game for so long but I'm thinking it's maybe time to try it out. Any chance I can get an invite? PC - Advion

Invited

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Gauss in the oven. Now trying to get his weapons on the other Disruption, and then it'll be time for Lua disruption.

anyone know if Desecrate works on them?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    I'm very impressed with that new Harrow skin. looks like a protoss. makes me wish i liked playing him.
    bought it anyways

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Gauss in the oven. Now trying to get his weapons on the other Disruption, and then it'll be time for Lua disruption.

anyone know if Desecrate works on them?

i tried using nekros when farming the BPs but i'm pretty sure I saw the demolyst bodies decompose almost immediately after they die with no desecrate so i don't think it works (grain of salt etc.)

Orphane on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yeah, the new harrow skin has me giving the frame another try. It's actually an intriguing ability set and boy is it awesome with a kohm. Figure I'll it out in eidolon hunting after a couple forma.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    SteveRage wrote: »
    I'm very impressed with that new Harrow skin. looks like a protoss. makes me wish i liked playing him.
    bought it anyways

I use harrow for the iedolons frequently, he already looked pretty cool. I use him for absolutely nothing else though, makes me a little sad.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Harrow is actually my main, although that's less because I like his ability set and more because Deus vult.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    Heads up, there are no less that two Catalyst Invasions active right now.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The Akarius rocket-pistols are insane. Massive damage, seeking projectiles, high rate of fire, decently sized (but not suicidal) explosions.
    The only drawback is that the max ammo is really low, so you really need to move around and pick up reloads.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Good morrow, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dakkareth wrote: »
    Heads up, there are no less that two Catalyst Invasions active right now.

Butts, I'm still in Denver for another day.
    Everybody stall this out for 36 hours please.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    woo, both of Gauss' guns in the oven, too, so in about 3 days I'll be able to GOFAST.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Harrow is actually my main, although that's less because I like his ability set and more because Deus vult.

I've thought if a fun play on this music+frame combo.

Give Harrow a Lenz and Staticor and roll through maps pumping this jam:

https://youtu.be/BC5VesTbFhg

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Aaaand I nabbed Acceltra, so everything from this update is done or cooking.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    A few more prime bits I need, but got a ton done recently, finished off Wukong Prime, and Equinox Prime, Ankryos Prime, Stradavar Prime. Have Gauss in the oven, along with Akarius and a variety of other items that I am building, leveling and scrapping for mastery points.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    How many runs for the weapon BPs? I know what the wiki says, but...

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Overall, I did 3 runs with 9 rounds, 11 rounds, and 3 rounds to get 2 secondary BPs and 1 primary.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

I am reasonably sure I got both within a single digit number of waves, but I wasn't really keeping track. Definitely didn't take long though.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Though I would get onto farming those sooner rather than later since its easy to find groups currently.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I got the sidearm one in 3 runs my first time on Ur

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The big thing with getting the weapons is that they aren't a round reward item, they drop from the demolysts, so if you have a team of jerks they might not mark BP drops.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I've been on the unlucky side. I've had the sidearm BP drop 5 times but haven't gotten the primary yet. Probably 5 or 6 runs with the average being 8 waves since the rewards go bbccccc as long as you don't let a point die. It's not that bad since going deep into the mission caps out syndicate XP pretty quick and Mesa makes quick work of pretty much everything until wave 10ish

steam_sig.png
  • Options

It's not bad. I think I did 25-ish runs to get both the guns (so a total of about 100 demolysts killed). But that was just 4 missions. And now I'm just swimming in Neo relics.

• Options

It's not bad. I think I did 25-ish runs to get both the guns (so a total of about 100 demolysts killed). But that was just 4 missions. And now I'm just swimming in Neo relics.

Yeah, same, it was about 25-ish rounds, appx 100 Demos.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Gauss in the oven, finally.

The weapons haven't been dropping, though. Maybe some 20 waves in Uranus in total, give or take, in something like three runs averaging between 6 and 8 waves. More attempts tomorrow, probably.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Can anyone on the XB1-side of things help me out with the Eris Junction unlock? I just need to defeat Lephantis in the Derelict area.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    The big thing with getting the weapons is that they aren't a round reward item, they drop from the demolysts, so if you have a team of jerks they might not mark BP drops.

I always run with Helios, so he's constantly hoovering stuff up. Sometimes I mark a spot and say "uh, there's a thing vaguely here"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I finished my Acceltra as well. Sheeeeet.

It's like a Soma that deals 5 times the damage and makes everything explode. The only drawback is that it has a travel time (which isn't much of a drawback since it makes everything explode) and it has a terrible ammo economy. But not even the ammo is a huge drawback since it deals so much damage to so many enemies for each burst. It's not even suicidal since at short range you just don't get the explosion and the projectile is pretty fast. With the Akarius you can kill yourself if you're very careless, but with Acceltra it's just not really a thing.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So I just popped into Region chat in time to see someone running a guessing game and I won and now I have all the BPs for Volt Prime.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So I finished my Acceltra as well. Sheeeeet.

It's like a Soma that deals 5 times the damage and makes everything explode. The only drawback is that it has a travel time (which isn't much of a drawback since it makes everything explode) and it has a terrible ammo economy. But not even the ammo is a huge drawback since it deals so much damage to so many enemies for each burst. It's not even suicidal since at short range you just don't get the explosion and the projectile is pretty fast. With the Akarius you can kill yourself if you're very careless, but with Acceltra it's just not really a thing.

I wish they'd revisit the Soma

It sounds so mean but it's been left so far behind by other weapons.

• Options
    Ugh. Reminder to never visit the Warframe weapons forum ever again. Right now it's basicly "DE: So we relased a gyrojet cannon that unleashes APOCALYPSE level destruction" "But it only has two spare mags and it takes long to reload if I don't sprint. You suck DE. Waaaaaah!"

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ugh. Reminder to never visit the Warframe weapons forum ever again. Right now it's basicly "DE: So we relased a gyrojet cannon that unleashes APOCALYPSE level destruction" "But it only has two spare mags and it takes long to reload if I don't sprint. You suck DE. Waaaaaah!"

*files into the gigantic "Don't Ever Visit an Official Forum for Any Game Ever" folder*

• Options
    Yeah, I'm always super wary of any discussions around that stuff, as capital G Gamers tend to loudly view anything that isn't 100% optimal as worthless. Particularly in multiplayer games.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm always super wary of any discussions around that stuff, as capital G Gamers tend to loudly view anything that isn't 100% optimal as worthless. Particularly in multiplayer games.

gamers are fucking stupid

like, that's the real reason the meta around tridolons is so awful. It's not because tridolons are hard, it's because of a combination of "The game is extremely terrible at telling you the only three actually necessary conditions to Tridolons, which are a.) an Amp that isn't a Mote amp (and the knowledge of how to use Void mode to avoid taking damage), b.) three charged Lures kept alive for the duration, and how to Charge them, and c.) that you absolutely gotta kill the purple portals on the Hydrolyst otherwise it becomes an invincible jackass" and then the flip side of players absolutely refusing to explain this shit or to move beyond "U GOTTA HAVE CHROMA, TRINITY, VOLT, NOBODY ELSE"

where I'm like "if you all weren't fucking stupid, you'd realize that Limbo, Octavia, and then any combination of Titania and/or Ivara can cheese the everloving shit out of that fight; even faster if you have just one person with Void Strike"

(Similarly! Turns out Gauss, of all 'frames, can do the Profit Taker just fucking fine! Had one the other day and I was like well shit! This guy is not dying and is doing a great job of locking down the adds so that I, Chroma, can do my job!)

is this where I once again offer to train people on Tridolon and Profit Taker? Because I am now swole enough to do that, and if you want to do the Traditional Group (aka Chroma Trinity Volt & either Harrow or Oberon) I can bring any of those guys too. I still want to get said Void Strike so I can just say "nah" to the shields, but yeah.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I have literally never had anybody complain about anybodies choices or damage when doing tridolons

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    is this where I once again offer to train people on Tridolon and Profit Taker? Because I am now swole enough to do that, and if you want to do the Traditional Group (aka Chroma Trinity Volt & either Harrow or Oberon) I can bring any of those guys too. I still want to get said Void Strike so I can just say "nah" to the shields, but yeah.

I might take you up on that. Currently I do neither, because the performance anxiety, it is strong. (Yesterday I wound up in a duo on Ropalyst and, well, it's good that one of us knew what the hell we were doing.)

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Warframe's started an anniversary event for XB1 players. Logging in gets you a free cape, weapon skin and Forma via an in-game letter while you can visit the Market to pick up a new Glyph and palette for a credit each. There's also an alert to get a couple of free bobble-head statues based on the Jade Excalibur and Rhino skins and another weapon skin. Not a bad haul in all but the weapon skins are for a pair of anniversary weapons that apparently aren't attainable themselves right now. Someone in announcement post at the WF forums said players may have to wait till March to get those which is kinda weird.

Owenashi on
This discussion has been closed.