As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    lich deez nuts

gottem!!!!!!!

Mods???

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Well, Melee 3.0 seems like it's keeping a lot of the elements that absolutely terrified me last year, but we'll see.

Not having a constant source of life return is kind of ass.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Sorry, kuva liches?
    Steve really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor/War and decided to do something similar. For a long time DE used the term "kingpins". Anyway, they are very powerful enemies procedurally generated that you'll have to fight several times before you can ultimately kill them (using the Parazon, which is basically the hidden blade from Assassin's Creed) and take their weapons, which promise to be very powerful.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Since no one has posted this yet, Grendel.

https://youtu.be/skl12MMi0Kw

steam_sig.png
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Bad News

Melee 3.0 is going back to manually switching to melee mode by holding down a key instead of just doing it whenever you press quick melee. This means my character is going to look cool in cutscenes significantly less often.

Grendel is unlocked through arbitrations, so I can't put off finishing the star chart any longer.

Still no mention of the next warframe, not even concept art. I've become spoiled by how rapidly we got info on Hildryn trough Grendel.

Good News

Melee channeling being removed means that one useless passive in the zenurik tree might get changed to something actually good.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Bad News

Melee 3.0 is going back to manually switching to melee mode by holding down a key instead of just doing it whenever you press quick melee. This means my character is going to look cool in cutscenes significantly less often.

Although that's not really what they said. You will still have all the functionality you have today when using quick melee. They're just adding more functionality when in melee mode (like 100% blocking. Within a cone. Where the angle is based on which kind of weapon you have. So shield = very broad cone. Dagger = very narrow cone).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Also once the next update goes live be sure to at least login during the first week (though they've said they may extend that).

They're planning on giving people a whole bunch of goodies for in order to respec because of how major the Melee 3.0 changes. Ad as of now this is going to include a Legendary Core.

Tentative release date for update 26 is next week though it sounds like it may slip to the following week.

HappylilElf on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Heh. Someone in this PUG named their moledog "MK-1 KUBROW".

Heh. Someone in this PUG named their moledog "MK-1 KUBROW".

Moledog?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    They're doges with mole* noses. Hence, moledog.

(* or bat, maybe)

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Grendel is obtained through Arbitrations?

Welp. Time to farm some plat!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Bad News

Although that's not really what they said. You will still have all the functionality you have today when using quick melee. They're just adding more functionality when in melee mode (like 100% blocking. Within a cone. Where the angle is based on which kind of weapon you have. So shield = very broad cone. Dagger = very narrow cone).

I think it's more that you still have every bit of functionality you have today with the quick switching, but you also have the option to hold down F to switch to melee mode like we used to back in the day and we can aim glide with our melee out, block manually, etc. So you can play with the quick switching, or stay in melee mode like we used to.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    Daimar wrote: »
    Since no one has posted this yet, Grendel.

https://youtu.be/skl12MMi0Kw

SO basically color Grendel blue and become Sanic.

Well, with the latest hotfix Axi relics just got a lot easier to farm, you can get one out of every round of the Lua/Apollo disruption as long as you get either a B or C result.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1134461-atlas-prime-hotfix-2582/

steam_sig.png
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Bad News

I think it's more that you still have every bit of functionality you have today with the quick switching, but you also have the option to hold down F to switch to melee mode like we used to back in the day and we can aim glide with our melee out, block manually, etc. So you can play with the quick switching, or stay in melee mode like we used to.

I still want access to the old quick melee that doesn't use combos, that's all I want in melee.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    Managed to nab a Tekko prime blade and a Dethcube cerebrum of my last Neo T2 and Meso D4 relics. So now they're both cooking!

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    (Crossposting this between the Destiny and Warframe threads for input)

So I'm looking into getting into Destiny or Warframe, assuming I only have time to devote to one, which one should I go with? Since Destiny is free up until Forsaken, it would take a while to get to that point. In Warframe I've completed the tutorial an initial missions to get to the point where I could do the anniversay missions to get the Dex skin for Excalibur. Through Twitch Prime and watching Streams I have Ash Prime, Frost Prime, Nekros Prime and Trinity Prime. I have the Dex weapons that came with the skin, Soma Prime rifle, Scindo Prime axe, Signa and Octantis sword and board, and Zenisstar axe/disc. Lots of cosmetics for frames and the base ship, 750k Credits and 100 plat.

So having listed all that, and I may be misguided on this point, but my gut says it's still more a grind in Warframe than to play through Destiny, just by the Warframe itself needing to be leveled and modded and prestiged and such. Destiny seems to be level 3 times and swap guns between inventory if there's crossover, and real money is only needed if I want to reskin whatever I'm wearing or using for weapons. Again, I could be completely wrong. Warframe just has so many extra systems built into it that to play on an even level I might spend more time grinding out mods and then needing the resources to do my job properly. Since both of our communities are big, it's just a matter of which game can I enjoy in a somewhat timely manner without being a burden on all those at max level. Am I right in feeling that handing over $25 for Forsaken in a little while is more "efficient" than whatever amount I'd have to buy in plat to cut out some of the grind built into Warframe. Both of the stories seem interesting, and the Warframe ship combat coming up looks great, but there's Wings and Surfboard content I'd being going through long before I get to that point.

I guess that's good for an opening set of questions, feel free to @ me, I'm prepared for a barrage of corrections.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That's a hard one to answer really, since a lot of it is personal preference.

I've only played the base game of Destiny 2 until they released the first expansion, but I much prefer Warfame.

They're both grindy, but progress in Warframe is a lot more steady, old content isn't really outclassed by the new content, and while there is some gameplay that's done just to progress to the actual game, it's a lot less than Destiny.

And honestly, I don't feel like there was a big difference between the 3 different classes in Destiny and god I hated playing through the story by the 3rd time. Not sure how it is now.

I liked the Destiny 2 set-pieces more, but the stroy of Warframe is pretty great with how weird it gets.

My main point of differentiation would be that Warframe is a much better solo/pug experience than Destiny 2, and Destiny 2 has better dungeon/raids where being in a dedicated group is better than in Warframe where everything can be done in pugs without communication.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Well. With a Soma Prime and if you log in after the next update, which should drop the 26th (to cash in on that legendary core, then use that legendary core to get an unbroken Serration mod to max level)...
    That pretty much means your vertical grind is over. You won't be at "MAX POWER!" but with a modded out Soma Prime you're pretty high up. You'll have most of the tools you need to tackle top tier quests and new mission content.
    The rest of the game will be mostly horizontal grind. New map locations, quests, new weapons and the more specialized gear like SPOILER and SPOILER and SPOILER.

The race to "MAXIMUM POWER"? That race isn't very long in Warframe. The Grind in warframe is more "gotta get 'em all".

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    If I had to play the free version of one of them it'd be Warframe.

steam_sig.png
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well. With a Soma Prime and if you log in after the next update, which should drop the 26th (to cash in on that legendary core, then use that legendary core to get an unbroken Serration mod to max level)...
    That pretty much means your vertical grind is over. You won't be at "MAX POWER!" but with a modded out Soma Prime you're pretty high up. You'll have most of the tools you need to tackle top tier quests and new mission content.
    The rest of the game will be mostly horizontal grind. New map locations, quests, new weapons and the more specialized gear like SPOILER and SPOILER and SPOILER.

The race to "MAXIMUM POWER"? That race isn't very long in Warframe. The Grind in warframe is more "gotta get 'em all".

I understood all of that, but since I'm not far enough along, I do have about 6 cores in my inventory with no idea when to open them. I don't which mods are "good" and I realize that what is good on Excal could be garbage on Frost. I only vaguely know what the Primes I have are for. Frost is more caster, Trinity has more support things, Nekros.....is kinda like a Necromancer from Diablo, and Ash does things kinda like Excal. That all being said, I wouldn't know what an Unbroken Serration mod does and why it's awesome. I don't know if they revamped the player experience to actually tell you what all the systems and currencies do now, I do know they used to not say much and you'd have to ask around.

camo_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

I understood all of that, but since I'm not far enough along, I do have about 6 cores in my inventory with no idea when to open them. I don't which mods are "good" and I realize that what is good on Excal could be garbage on Frost. I only vaguely know what the Primes I have are for. Frost is more caster, Trinity has more support things, Nekros.....is kinda like a Necromancer from Diablo, and Ash does things kinda like Excal. That all being said, I wouldn't know what an Unbroken Serration mod does and why it's awesome. I don't know if they revamped the player experience to actually tell you what all the systems and currencies do now, I do know they used to not say much and you'd have to ask around.

He means a normal Serration mod. You get a bunch of weaker versions of normal mods when you first start out - they have cracks in the art. So not that.

The basic way to make a gun stronger is that there are three mod types that scale multiplicatively: +damage, +element, and +multishot (also crit and fire rate, but they have caveats). A very safe option for instance is +damage, +cold, +multishot (the mod for multishot is a bit rarer, but veterans often have tons of it kicking around - it's not THAT rare), and with those three slots you can easily get a gun to do 1000%+ of its base damage.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 2019
    Yeah if you're on PC there are a lot of us that can probably just give you a full set of the basic mods. I always keep 10 of everything before I start selling them explicitly for this purpose. The only caveat is that it takes a number of trades and can get a little intensive from a taxes perspective.

HappylilElf on
    Here's hoping the new patch drops in the early half of the week. DE has been pretty good lately with not doing those ridiculous crunch periods.

Dac wrote: »
    Here's hoping the new patch drops in the early half of the week. DE has been pretty good lately with not doing those ridiculous crunch periods.

Yeah, it was insane when they'd try and release on a Friday. Whether it ended up not getting done in time, or getting released at the last second, either way I could almost feel how stressful it was for the devs. And then some people would be stuck pushing out hotfixes over the weekend so people wouldn't throw a shitfit about bugs. I'd much rather they try for beginning of the week releases.

JtgVX0H.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

So I'm looking into getting into Destiny or Warframe, assuming I only have time to devote to one, which one should I go with? Since Destiny is free up until Forsaken, it would take a while to get to that point. In Warframe I've completed the tutorial an initial missions to get to the point where I could do the anniversay missions to get the Dex skin for Excalibur. Through Twitch Prime and watching Streams I have Ash Prime, Frost Prime, Nekros Prime and Trinity Prime. I have the Dex weapons that came with the skin, Soma Prime rifle, Scindo Prime axe, Signa and Octantis sword and board, and Zenisstar axe/disc. Lots of cosmetics for frames and the base ship, 750k Credits and 100 plat.

So having listed all that, and I may be misguided on this point, but my gut says it's still more a grind in Warframe than to play through Destiny, just by the Warframe itself needing to be leveled and modded and prestiged and such. Destiny seems to be level 3 times and swap guns between inventory if there's crossover, and real money is only needed if I want to reskin whatever I'm wearing or using for weapons. Again, I could be completely wrong. Warframe just has so many extra systems built into it that to play on an even level I might spend more time grinding out mods and then needing the resources to do my job properly. Since both of our communities are big, it's just a matter of which game can I enjoy in a somewhat timely manner without being a burden on all those at max level. Am I right in feeling that handing over $25 for Forsaken in a little while is more "efficient" than whatever amount I'd have to buy in plat to cut out some of the grind built into Warframe. Both of the stories seem interesting, and the Warframe ship combat coming up looks great, but there's Wings and Surfboard content I'd being going through long before I get to that point.

I guess that's good for an opening set of questions, feel free to @ me, I'm prepared for a barrage of corrections.

I currently play both Warframe and Destiny 2, pretty regularly, so I think I've got some opinions. At least some comments to let you chew on.

First off, to set the table a bit:

-I've got 2200 hours logged on Warframe. I've done everything in this game except the old Raids that got removed (sadly, my peer group just missed being ready to do them when they were removed). I've played every piece of content at least once, I have every frame, and despite that I'm only MR 24 (which means I'm lazy :P ). I play Warframe largely with IRL friends, but I have a ton of solo experience and time in PUG teams when I need extra bodies.

-I picked up Destiny 2 last holiday season when they made the base game free for a time. I played through the entire base campaign, and then bought all the expansions up through Forsaken, which I then played through. I don't know my hour count, because I just switched over to Steam, but while it's not 2000+ hours I feel it's substantial enough to know what I'm doing. Except for Raids, which I've not done, because I'm a filthy solo casual player in D2; my IRL friends are only just starting to talk about maybe playing with me.

All that said, here's where I'd like to start with my comments: Don't think about the grind for either game. Just don't. I say this because both games have some soul-crushing grind at times; I feel like they're on par, with a bit of a nod to Warframe because at least you can meaningfully farm in a particular direction for the things you want, and the player trade economy allows you to get at a lot of things pretty easily.

Here's the really important thing: What style of game do you prefer to play? Destiny 2 is absolutely in the vein of the Halo-style shooter, and Bungie's pedigree super shines through in D2. Your character's movement has weight, the guns have that certain feel, and the combat has a speed and rhythm that's not very fast; I'd call it deliberate most of the time. On the other hand, Warframe is about hyper-fast space ninjas kick-flipping all over the place. The combat is very weightless, oftentimes blinding fast, and you have a level of mobility that is honestly just kind of obscene. Obviously, these are very different gameplay styles! And I love them both, because my mood goes back and forth. Sometimes I want to take my auto rifle, crouch behind a rock, and slowly carve my way through a crowd of mobs. And then other times I want to bullet-jump above a crowd of mobs, unleash a pistol-sized multi-rocket launcher to blow the whole pack to hell, then blow them a kiss as I've slide-kicked my way out the next door two seconds later.

Seriously, ask yourself: Which style of gameplay feels better? If you can only afford to spend time on one game, choose the game you prefer the moment-to-moment gameplay of.

As far as "stuff to do" goes, both games offer a crazy amount for zero dollars (now that D2 is straight-up F2P). There's probably more to do, systemically like you mentioned, in Warframe, but some of those systems are thin or don't add a super-huge amount to the moment-to-moment game: Archwings (flying) are basically glorified taxis for the open-world areas because the actual Archwing missions are mostly unimportant (though the ship combat stuff coming soon might make them fractionally more interesting), and the K-Drive hoverboards are only really interesting as a side-helping of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Ninja. There's {SPOILER} stuff you'll get into eventually that is interesting and fun, but it's also just another side addition to the typical Space Ninja shenanigans you'll usually be doing.

Do you like PvP? If so, Destiny 2 has this side of the argument won, like 10000%. Warframe PvP exists, and it's there, but I literally don't know a single person that takes it seriously. Oh, there's some savages out there grinding every day, no question, but it seems like that's a vaaaast minority of the Warframe playerbase. On the other hand, Destiny 2 PvP is honestly really good! Even for casuals! I'm not a huge PvP player myself, but between the different flavors of Crucible and the addition of Gambit (which is so much freaking fun!) D2 has a huuuuuge advantage here.

One last thing: You mentioned being a burden on either community here; Really, don't freaking worry about that! Both communities are super chill ('cause the PA boards are only filled with cool peeps), and will happily jump to help you progress and get over hurdles in either game. Find the game you like, and then hit us up!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »

I currently play both Warframe and Destiny 2, pretty regularly, so I think I've got some opinions. At least some comments to let you chew on.

First off, to set the table a bit:

-I've got 2200 hours logged on Warframe. I've done everything in this game except the old Raids that got removed (sadly, my peer group just missed being ready to do them when they were removed). I've played every piece of content at least once, I have every frame, and despite that I'm only MR 24 (which means I'm lazy :P ). I play Warframe largely with IRL friends, but I have a ton of solo experience and time in PUG teams when I need extra bodies.

-I picked up Destiny 2 last holiday season when they made the base game free for a time. I played through the entire base campaign, and then bought all the expansions up through Forsaken, which I then played through. I don't know my hour count, because I just switched over to Steam, but while it's not 2000+ hours I feel it's substantial enough to know what I'm doing. Except for Raids, which I've not done, because I'm a filthy solo casual player in D2; my IRL friends are only just starting to talk about maybe playing with me.

All that said, here's where I'd like to start with my comments: Don't think about the grind for either game. Just don't. I say this because both games have some soul-crushing grind at times; I feel like they're on par, with a bit of a nod to Warframe because at least you can meaningfully farm in a particular direction for the things you want, and the player trade economy allows you to get at a lot of things pretty easily.

Here's the really important thing: What style of game do you prefer to play? Destiny 2 is absolutely in the vein of the Halo-style shooter, and Bungie's pedigree super shines through in D2. Your character's movement has weight, the guns have that certain feel, and the combat has a speed and rhythm that's not very fast; I'd call it deliberate most of the time. On the other hand, Warframe is about hyper-fast space ninjas kick-flipping all over the place. The combat is very weightless, oftentimes blinding fast, and you have a level of mobility that is honestly just kind of obscene. Obviously, these are very different gameplay styles! And I love them both, because my mood goes back and forth. Sometimes I want to take my auto rifle, crouch behind a rock, and slowly carve my way through a crowd of mobs. And then other times I want to bullet-jump above a crowd of mobs, unleash a pistol-sized multi-rocket launcher to blow the whole pack to hell, then blow them a kiss as I've slide-kicked my way out the next door two seconds later.

Seriously, ask yourself: Which style of gameplay feels better? If you can only afford to spend time on one game, choose the game you prefer the moment-to-moment gameplay of.

As far as "stuff to do" goes, both games offer a crazy amount for zero dollars (now that D2 is straight-up F2P). There's probably more to do, systemically like you mentioned, in Warframe, but some of those systems are thin or don't add a super-huge amount to the moment-to-moment game: Archwings (flying) are basically glorified taxis for the open-world areas because the actual Archwing missions are mostly unimportant (though the ship combat stuff coming soon might make them fractionally more interesting), and the K-Drive hoverboards are only really interesting as a side-helping of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Ninja. There's {SPOILER} stuff you'll get into eventually that is interesting and fun, but it's also just another side addition to the typical Space Ninja shenanigans you'll usually be doing.

Do you like PvP? If so, Destiny 2 has this side of the argument won, like 10000%. Warframe PvP exists, and it's there, but I literally don't know a single person that takes it seriously. Oh, there's some savages out there grinding every day, no question, but it seems like that's a vaaaast minority of the Warframe playerbase. On the other hand, Destiny 2 PvP is honestly really good! Even for casuals! I'm not a huge PvP player myself, but between the different flavors of Crucible and the addition of Gambit (which is so much freaking fun!) D2 has a huuuuuge advantage here.

One last thing: You mentioned being a burden on either community here; Really, don't freaking worry about that! Both communities are super chill ('cause the PA boards are only filled with cool peeps), and will happily jump to help you progress and get over hurdles in either game. Find the game you like, and then hit us up!

I've only played D2 for like five minutes at a friend's house so I have basically zero experience with it, but everything I've heard about the game corresponds with your post here. Both are good games that have dissimilar gameplay, lots of grind in each, plenty of stuff to do. And now that D2 is f2p, they both have an excellent price. I don't know what sort of microtransactions D2 has, but I'm still a big fan of how Warframe handles it all

JtgVX0H.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    So i booted up the game for the first time in a while. Disruption is a really fun mission type. Its an endless mission mostly not tied to time gates. It also showered me in axi relics.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I wouldn't emphasize the craziness of Warframe's gameplay when talking about how it actually feels, myself. Like the things you mentioned are all things you can do, yeah, but most of the time it's less about that and more about refreshing you abilities and turning to rake your cone of fire across the next wave of enemies, and seeing them turn into a bunch of numbers. It's repetitive, but you can get into a comfortable pattern with it and space out a bit and just take in the simple pleasures of seeing enemies turn into a cloud of numbers, or pressing a button and gaining a ludicrous amount of health that also makes you immune to statuses, that sort of thing. It's a nice compliment to a podcast.

I like that about warframe.

Swap up your selection of guns, warframes and mission types for an entirely different feeling. You can go solo and play a slow&methodical spy infiltration. You can pick up Volt and a flamethrower and play murder-Sonic in an extermination mission. You can play mobile defense with a Soma or Supra and just hose down enemies. Or you can head to Orb Vallis/Plains of Eidolon and do some spearfishing or mining, which involves fishing holes and/or caves and occasionally potshotting some enemies (they provide different rewards. IMHO missions/fishing/mining feels better in the Plains of Eidolon, since the map isn't as crazy and the mining/fishing spots are better. Howeverm, in Orb Vallis you do have the option of skipping that stuff entirely and just torch Corpus bases).

Enigmedic wrote: »
    So i booted up the game for the first time in a while. Disruption is a really fun mission type. Its an endless mission mostly not tied to time gates. It also showered me in axi relics.

Yeah especially with the coming rotation changes for rewards it's a great source for relics.

My only complaints with it are for the higher level nodes something like Magus Lockdown almost feels required and that I kind of can't watch something on a second monitor while doing it because I need to be able to hear the beeping in order to get there in time.

But yeah as far as endless missions go I feel like it's far more engaging than interception/defense/survival/excavation which is great when I'm with a full group of friends on discord but also annoying when I'm just trying to farm things.

edited October 2019
    Nightwave Intermission II is live.

Rank Rewards include:
    1. 150 Intermission II Creds
    2. 2000 Endo
    3. Weapon Slots x2
    4. 200 Ducats
    5. Arlo's Flame Decoration
    6. 50 Intermission II Creds
    7. Kuva x 20000
    8. Wolf Salute - Emote
    9. Orokin Catalyst
    10. Orokin Reactor
    11. 50 Intermission II Creds
    12. Kuva x 20000
    13. Napalm Grenades (Augment)
    14. 3-Day Affinity Booster
    15. Eidolon Ephemera
    16. 50 Intermission II Creds
    17. Exilus Adapter
    18. Ancient Scrawl
    19. Liset Athari Skin
    20. Wild Frenzy (Augment)
    21. 50 Intermission II Creds
    22. 3 Forma Bundle
    23. Ayatan Anasa Sculpture
    24. 50 Intermission II Creds
    25. Arcane Energize
    26. Aura Forma
    27. Warframe Slot
    28. Saturn Six Syandana
    29. Umbra Forma
    30. Saturn Six Armor Bundle

We’ve also made changes to Nightwave based on your feedback!

- Removed the “Guild a Modular Weapon” Act
    - Reduced the “Forma” Act requirements from 3 Forma to 1
    - Reduced the “Silver Grove Specter” Act requirements from 3 kills to 1
    - Kuva is now always available in Nora’s Offerings
    - Intermission Change: Intermission II has 30 Ranks with 30 additional Prestige Ranks similar to Series 1 and 2; the first Intermission had 15 Ranks without - Prestige Ranks; each Prestige Rank grants 15 Creds

You’ll need to earn Intermission II Creds to buy items from Nora’s Offerings! Creds from the first Intermission and the first two Series can be sold for 5,000 credits apiece if you have any lingering in your Inventory.

https://www.warframe.com/news/nightwave-intermission-ii?utm_source=in-game&utm_medium=ign

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    FWIW regarding "getting to 'endgame' content," I started playing about a year ago and was able to hop into the hardest content in the game (Arbitrators, Profit Taker, & Tridolons) about 6--8 months in. Now, that said, I have severe depression, no job, and an addictive personality, so I was playing... more than is healthy. But I think that's still not all that unusual, so if you want to GET TO THA CHOPPA ENDGAME, you can do that here, at which point endgame becomes Pokemon levels of GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

I guess really in the end it's "Do you want to play Magic Halo, or Power Rangers IN SPACE."

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

- Removed the “Guild a Modular Weapon” Act
    - Reduced the “Forma” Act requirements from 3 Forma to 1
    Thank you. Those were really annoying.

steam_sig.png
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Yeah you can get to end game really quick. Im at 152 daily logins and have done pretty much everything, and id say 20 of those days were ones i just logged in to get the reward and logged out. And if you really like a certain frame/weapon you can hit it even earlier. I spent a lot of time leveling a bunch of different frames and weapons, and farming relics for items to sell for plat to buy other stuff.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    While I don't like and don't use the "player market", the trading aspect is quite useful. While I like the grinding aspect of the game to get new stuff, there comes a point, even for me where it gets a bit much, and the ability to just hit people up here for a missing piece really helps.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    One of these days I gotta get around to clearing the star chart. So many skipped Interceptions.

Currently Playing:
    Don't use the ingame market. Ever.
    Use https://warframe.market/ instead.

FWIW regarding "getting to 'endgame' content," I started playing about a year ago and was able to hop into the hardest content in the game (Arbitrators, Profit Taker, & Tridolons) about 6--8 months in. Now, that said, I have severe depression, no job, and an addictive personality, so I was playing... more than is healthy. But I think that's still not all that unusual, so if you want to GET TO THA CHOPPA ENDGAME, you can do that here, at which point endgame becomes Pokemon levels of GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

I guess really in the end it's "Do you want to play Magic Halo, or Power Rangers IN SPACE."

I guess it depends on what you consider to be endgame. If you are focused on one or two frames and have someone to feed you mods or if you want to buy them for plat you could get there relatively quickly since MR really doesn't help your frame once it is levelled. That would probably be a good way to check a box and get tired of the game, but I imagine it works for some people.

steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Don't use the ingame market. Ever.
    Use https://warframe.market/ instead.

really depends, both have their uses

And really, there isn't any endgame content in Warframe, because the game has no endgame within any conventional definition of the term. The game's model is built around there being none. If anything, MR30 would be considered reaching the "endgame", but it's unobtainable... and I imagine when it's possible to be obtainable they'll just move the goalposts to a higher max.

"Endgame" in Warframe essentially boils down to fashion, spamming chat or the forums/reddit.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
This discussion has been closed.