As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I really, really do not like the Rank 9 challenge. I assume there's no way to pay to bypass it?

You're choices are to spend an inordinate amount of time either observing pathing/beating your head against it trial an error style or watch a video that will show you exactly how to do it.

I recommend the latter :P

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    MR19 challenge: Repeatedly detected by a small blue pixel while standing on the starting platform. This is terminally stupid.

Do you have a Redeemer?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Especially when you literally can't see the mob that detected you.

Edit: This was with the Banshee/Redeemer trick. :( Something, somewhere, was detecting me while on the start platform, but I have absolutely no idea what.

dporowski on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really, really do not like the Rank 9 challenge. I assume there's no way to pay to bypass it?

You're choices are to spend an inordinate amount of time either observing pathing/beating your head against it trial an error style or watch a video that will show you exactly how to do it.

I recommend the latter :P

There's the matter of execution. I'm going to basically just load up on all the cheese I can so I can get through it. I'm not looking forward to all the others ahead after this. Patience is not a virtue I use for gaming.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    MR challenges are basically the worst thing.

Even the concept is dumb. Prove you can play the videogame you’ve been playing for hundreds of hours. Or that you’ve maxed the range on your Loki, although I hear they’ve shut down a lot of the Switch Teleport workarounds.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MR challenges are basically the worst thing.

Even the concept is dumb. Prove you can play the videogame you’ve been playing for hundreds of hours. Or that you’ve maxed the range on your Loki, although I hear they’ve shut down a lot of the Switch Teleport workarounds.

Yeah. I'm all for challenges and whatnot, but don't block off half the weapons in the game because I can't do something that I will never do in the game.

• Options
    Honestly, it's mostly only the stealth ones that are bloody dumb. But boy, are they dumb.

Finally managed it, and only got randomly detected on the start platform once! Eventually gave up and just hid behind that pillar, every so often poking out and sniping. So dumb.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I can only assume they changed how the detection works since I did that test? Maybe to the magical sightlines that the Plains grineer use now? Because I remember it being a complete nonissue. I just put on a ton of Enemy Radar to know where everyone was looking and just waltzing through it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Combination of much longer vision with the open world updates and Old Blood further making them more sensitive. MR9 rest also disables everything except executions, I think in the past normal melee was allowed.

Specifically google MR9 test and 2019. Maybe even Old Blood to be sure.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    is saryn even that busted outside of the very narrow field of ESO farming? Nothing else comes close to that mob density with a spawn rate high enough to keep spores' damage climbing forever.

she's extremely strong in survival if you have a group that knows to closet camp

also real good at defense

Spores fall off on defense pretty easily though, she's not really better than other options there as much I think (and the stars of defense are Frost et al anyways).

Depends a bit on the map. Some of the outdoor Corpus ones are a mite too big, but the indoor defense maps (especially for the Grineer Ship tileset) everything spawns close enough together that as long as people are killing (or you are miasma'ing) at least some of the enemies before they die you're able to keep the spores going throughout the entire wave. Even before her most recent rework, the only thing that would keep me from eventually getting top kills was a Resonating Quake Banshee who could gib enemies before they ever left their closets.

That's kind of the insidious thing about her power, actually. Normally you'd think if there was a Maim Equinox or similar they would be able to cut into her kill ratio, but no; spored enemies killed by players spread their spores, so when that Equinox kills a dozen enemies within LoS with Maim, she's actually spreading spores to another dozen or more enemies that were not in LoS/range. Things that beat Spores to kills only makes her stronger.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    is saryn even that busted outside of the very narrow field of ESO farming? Nothing else comes close to that mob density with a spawn rate high enough to keep spores' damage climbing forever.

she's extremely strong in survival if you have a group that knows to closet camp

also real good at defense

Spores fall off on defense pretty easily though, she's not really better than other options there as much I think (and the stars of defense are Frost et al anyways).

Depends a bit on the map. Some of the outdoor Corpus ones are a mite too big, but the indoor defense maps (especially for the Grineer Ship tileset) everything spawns close enough together that as long as people are killing (or you are miasma'ing) at least some of the enemies before they die you're able to keep the spores going throughout the entire wave. Even before her most recent rework, the only thing that would keep me from eventually getting top kills was a Resonating Quake Banshee who could gib enemies before they ever left their closets.

That's kind of the insidious thing about her power, actually. Normally you'd think if there was a Maim Equinox or similar they would be able to cut into her kill ratio, but no; spored enemies killed by players spread their spores, so when that Equinox kills a dozen enemies within LoS with Maim, she's actually spreading spores to another dozen or more enemies that were not in LoS/range. Things that beat Spores to kills only makes her stronger.

I mainly mean because of the intervals between waves, when everything's dead and she has to wait to find more stuff to start again.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Not that I know anything but spores that can bypass walls and hermetically sealed doors (are they really sealed though) are the worst. It's like these spores resonate through all matter ... good luck containing a pathogen like that <3. I blame the shoddy construction of both the Grineer and Corpus bases. Who makes a base with such porous walls. It makes me wonder how the universe continues to survive especially considering how Warframes are made ... LOL.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Combination of much longer vision with the open world updates and Old Blood further making them more sensitive. MR9 rest also disables everything except executions, I think in the past normal melee was allowed.

Specifically google MR9 test and 2019. Maybe even Old Blood to be sure.

On PS4 you can use normal melee options. The thing that often gets me is thar the barriers and visuals are messy. Get too close to a short barrier and you suddenly are on top of it.

The loading screens really ruin practicing, too.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    EDIT: nm

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    I built the Crimson room and rushed it to get things rolling fast.

Until then I didn't really mess with dojo room building/moving and now I see how much a pain needing to move things is.

If you absolutely hate where something is DM me here or in game: Kipipi. I'm happy to adjust whatever isn't liked. Just trying to keep on top of new rooms/research ASAP without making a total mess but they don't make it easy. A built room still takes a full 2 hours to demo and you can't orphan dependent connections.

I feel the Orokin and Tenno Lab being opposite each other is much nicer but the basement sprawl will get out of hand if we let it.

For now it's not pragmatic to move the Railjack dock but the place it is in is pretty secluded and overextended. I'd like to move things around to be less gross looking layout wise before more comes but for now I'm just going to sleep on it unless other people hit me up about wanting to tidy house.

GL Tenno.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Trepper wrote: »
    I built the Crimson room and rushed it to get things rolling fast.

Until then I didn't really mess with dojo room building/moving and now I see how much a pain needing to move things is.

If you absolutely hate where something is DM me here or in game: Kipipi. I'm happy to adjust whatever isn't liked. Just trying to keep on top of new rooms/research ASAP without making a total mess but they don't make it easy. A built room still takes a full 2 hours to demo and you can't orphan dependent connections.

I feel the Orokin and Tenno Lab being opposite each other is much nicer but the basement sprawl will get out of hand if we let it.

For now it's not pragmatic to move the Railjack dock but the place it is in is pretty secluded and overextended. I'd like to move things around to be less gross looking layout wise before more comes but for now I'm just going to sleep on it unless other people hit me up about wanting to tidy house.

GL Tenno.

Drop a teleporter in it. Saves lots of trouble.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    what's the best big hammer weapon? fragor prime? sancti magistar? the stupid goddamn cryotic sink?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    HOW TO MAKE THE STEALTH MR CHALLENGES WHERE YOU CAN'T USE YOUR ABILITIES TO CHEAT LESS HORRIBLE:

1. Slap a bunch of Enemy Radar mods on your Warframe. This means you can see enemies on the minimap. THIS IS INVALUABLE. Enemies that are a RED OUTLINE can't see you at all. Enemies that are a red outline around a small red triangle have heard you but can't see you yet. Enemies that are all red are alerted and you fucked up. The POINTY END of the triangle is the FRONT of the enemy, and they see in front of themselves in a cone. Basically, try to make sure that a.) there's an object between you and them and b.) the pointy end is facing away from you.
    2. USE COVER, SERIOUSLY. And for tiered stuff, stay UNDER things. Crouching DOES help! if you crouch behind something enemies usually can't see you.
    3. if you have completed THE SACRIFICE, the Skiajati turns you invisible for 5 seconds on a finisher. If you can stealth kill at least ONE guy, that gives you 5 seconds of breathing room to get to the NEXT guy.
    4. If you have [SPOILERS], and you've completed some Tridolon captures, Arcane Trickery also gives you a chance at invisibility on finishers -- up to 20 seconds. It's also one of the more common drops, and it's REALLY cheap on warframe.market (2 platinum).
    5. If you can get Wisp (eg, have access to the Ropaloyalyst boss fight), mod her for Aim Glide / Jump. Her passive makes her invisible as long as she's in the air, and for a brief window right after she lands. She can also just bunny hop to keep invisibility. You can bunny hop / aim glide around the map and be invisible the entire time. If you combine with the above methods, you can bunny hop / glide to behind your target, land, stealth finisher, then hop back up and be on your merry way.
    6. If ALL ELSE FAILS, Banshee at least has a smaller stealth detection radius because she's always silent, and every weapon she uses is automatically silenced. She still has to hide behind stuff, but you can bring your biggest, gnarliest, longest-range asshole gun and go to town with it and nobody will hear you. Banshee is super easy to get as she's bought with Credits from the Dojo. *edit* even if it's melee only, she's still *slightly* more forgiving than other Warframes when sneaking up on people.

Even with all that though, up until the very high level MR tests, those tests are really more about effectively maintaining awareness of where the enemies are, and using cover to your advantage. I think I completed the MR 9 test on like... Excalibur or something. It took a while, but it's mostly about reading enemy patterns. ALSO: Remember, you can PRACTICE the tests from Simaris' sanctuary, so you don't have to wait a full 24 hours to retry! My other method is to do Simaris' practice until I get a success, THEN do the actual test.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So it looks like the Twitch Prime goodies have shuffled to (non-prime) Ember and some cosmetic stuff, is anyone else having trouble redeeming them? I get the window for authorizing them to see my email to give my account goodies, but then I get some funky error screen thing.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    what's the best big hammer weapon? fragor prime? sancti magistar? the stupid goddamn cryotic sink?

The Synoid Heliocor, because it savors the memories of every kill.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

I got a hammer from my first Kuva Lich and the fact that it goes to level 40 helps quite a bit. Kuva Shildeg, I think is the name.

Bobble on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

There's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with hammers. Fragor Prime with a heavy attack build is the undisputed king of killing anything immune/resistant to status procs. Sancti Magistar can be used for a neat healing support build. Arca Titron can kill a few things then do a slam attack nuke that kills everything else. Zaw hammers can use Exodia Hunt for vacuum slam playstyles. Jat Kittag has a unique mod that makes everything explode. Lots of options.

• Options
    Atlas Prime just finished cooking, and I can already tell that I’m going to be using this a lot more than Vanillatlas. Based on fashion alone. To me, the base model just looked like something the Avengers would punch for 20 minutes while they’re trying to shut down a blue laser pointed at the sky. Good health and armor, good energy. Yeah, this is looking like a candidate for Quickly Thinking Adapatively while Flowing with Rage despite being Rapidly Resilient and having a high Pain Threshold.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    unknown.png?width=467&height=533

395617447245512705.png?v=1

i'm...honestly tempted to try building a magnus now

Orphane on
  • Options
    I have no idea what that image is supposed to be under it, but I agree with it.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    It's the thinking with hand on chin emoji.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    Does it not look twisted on your screens? Perhaps I am crazy?

9q2rkkk96zgj.png

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

I got a pretty nasty Tenora riven which prompted me to build a new one and see if I can add another broken ass weapon to my arsenal.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

9q2rkkk96zgj.png

it's a thinking emoji that's been distorted with a swirl effect

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

9q2rkkk96zgj.png

it's a thinking emoji that's been distorted with a swirl effect

🤔

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

9q2rkkk96zgj.png

WsVdlFh.gif

• Options
    Wait, consoles don't have the hangar yet, right?

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Wait, consoles don't have the hangar yet, right?
    Consoles are perpetually behind because they can't just hotdrop patches into the ecosystem, it has to be certified first.

• Options

If that works with the Akmagnus (I assume it would?) and you don't want it let me know.

I might have a riven for something else to trade for it. I have some forma'd akmagnus but they've never really lived up to the investment :P

• Options
    I’d always recommend looking up whether a riven works on the akimbo version. The safe bet is no, because spacemom doesn’t love us anymore.

• Options
    Lich thingie is placed; needs cells and hexenon.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Forgot to post about this earlier... first lich died as he lived, in an obnoxiously long and drawn out process. t'was so bullet spongey... I feel like it would be less annoying if the HP gates were spread at 55 / 35 / 25 or something... something to show you're getting the edge beyond just stabbing him and now he's totally fine again.

Maybe even thralls tied to a lich at higher level giving more murmurs per kill because the higher levels makes it more tedious to do, esp if solo. I imagine it's pretty rough for players that don't have a lot in the way of gear, even grouped.

I'll check hexenon and cells. should have some of both.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Huh, yeah it looks like the akimbo weapons have their own specific rivens which is oddly disappointing.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    After years and years of not getting the BRONZE vauban prime piece, I finally completed my Vauban Prime today! WOO! Im excited to see his new rework and ball play in action!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Just got the starter deal from the store, 200 plats for 5 bucks seems like a pretty fair deal
    I know I should spend them on frame and weapon slots but I don't really know what is a good ratio for it

How much weapon slots did you folks get?

This discussion has been closed.