As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Since I'm a PS4 player, Railjacks don't exist yet. But looking at the build requirements, I'm going to need millions of credits. What's the best method, aside from The Index, a mode I hate and a quest I can't finish?

Credit farming by efficiency:
    1. Index
    2. The Profit Taker with high damage frames like Chroma. Good cash, but requires very good gear and it's still not as good as Index.
    3. Dark Sector Excavation. Get in, run a single excavator. Get out.

Index loses to multiple boosted Profit Taker, though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    Trepper wrote: »
    I built the Crimson room and rushed it to get things rolling fast.

Until then I didn't really mess with dojo room building/moving and now I see how much a pain needing to move things is.

If you absolutely hate where something is DM me here or in game: Kipipi. I'm happy to adjust whatever isn't liked. Just trying to keep on top of new rooms/research ASAP without making a total mess but they don't make it easy. A built room still takes a full 2 hours to demo and you can't orphan dependent connections.

I feel the Orokin and Tenno Lab being opposite each other is much nicer but the basement sprawl will get out of hand if we let it.

For now it's not pragmatic to move the Railjack dock but the place it is in is pretty secluded and overextended. I'd like to move things around to be less gross looking layout wise before more comes but for now I'm just going to sleep on it unless other people hit me up about wanting to tidy house.

GL Tenno.

Drop a teleporter in it. Saves lots of trouble.

Not necessary. Drydock as well as all labs have fast travel folded in to the base UI now. It's more a question of how the rooms are a geometric plate of cooked spaghetti or not.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Some Dev stream Highlights (would do full summary but RL keeps me from doing so):

-No Railjack today, but it sounds like they plan for it before the holiday break. Mostly down to balancing and bugs atm.
    -Will have one more quest for starting up the Reliquary Drive before Railjack will be 100% available.
    -Will continue the phases thing, bunch of things that are 100% planned but will not out yet.
    -Phase 1 will have a co-op focus; while there is nothing actually *preventing* you from soloing with your Railjack, most of the stuff meant to be used with that playstyle, like NPC crews, will not be with phase 1. Mentions that if you know what your are doing and have the right upgrades it's possible to do missions solo w/o a crew, but don't expect to do everything solo just yet.
    -Basic Railjack upgrades (guns/shields/engines/reactor) will be clan dojo research. Wants to reduce the "randomness" to get the equivalents of Serration/Vitality/etc.
    -Avionics will be the "mods" for the Railjack, Battle Avionics are offensive abilities (usable by anyone on a turret?) Intergrated Avionics are passives abilities. Tactical Avionics are basically the ult abilities, more ship-focused. Will be upgraded with it's own type of Endo, sounds like you can either boost the avionic itself, or boost the slot the avionic would go into so all avionics in that slot will get boosted.
    -Payloads will be single-use abilities for the mission. Uses the new railjack resources from the update (better starting mining again!) Said Resources also drop during the railjack missions, which will let you craft more on the fly as the situation changes.
    -Intrinsics are skills tied specifically to the player. Steady progression ala Focus (though not branching trees, more like upgrading an attribute. Also not meant to be anywhere as grindy) and it sounded like you start with enough points to invest in your first abilities. Intrinsics affect your abilities no matter whose Railjack you are on, so someone who invested in piloting will always have piloting abilities. Starts with 4 categories (Tactical, Piloting, Gunnery, Enginnering) will have a 5th "Command" intrinsic for NPC crews when they come out (along with a free respec to invest into that when it arrives)
    -People without a Railjack/don't want to take theirs can join missions through the normal navigation menu, button in the top right corner to send them to the railjack map. People with Railjacks who want to use them start the mission from the navigation menu inside the Railjack (and bring their premades with them.)
    -Have a free-flight mode/mission to learn the basics in a safe setting.
    -Railjack missions will have modular objectives depending on what sort of map gets generated. I.e. you go into an exterminate mission and how many/what types of ships you have to destroy will change mission to mission.
    -Hijacking enemy ships is obviously a thing, can blow up from inside or take over. Interior is semi-random.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, what elements have you guys been shooting for your lich weapons to be?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Thus far I haven't cared to dive down that rabbit hole, they've been whatever element my main frame results in (toxin)

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So, what elements have you guys been shooting for your lich weapons to be?

I hear the min/max people like Magnetic and Radiation(?). So I pop mine with Mesa. Only done two and haven't gotten a weapon I like yet.

1 - Drakgoon
    2 - Twin Stubbas

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Some Dev stream Highlights (would do full summary but RL keeps me from doing so):

-No Railjack today, but it sounds like they plan for it before the holiday break. Mostly down to balancing and bugs atm.
    -Will have one more quest for starting up the Reliquary Drive before Railjack will be 100% available.
    -Will continue the phases thing, bunch of things that are 100% planned but will not out yet.
    -Phase 1 will have a co-op focus; while there is nothing actually *preventing* you from soloing with your Railjack, most of the stuff meant to be used with that playstyle, like NPC crews, will not be with phase 1. Mentions that if you know what your are doing and have the right upgrades it's possible to do missions solo w/o a crew, but don't expect to do everything solo just yet.
    -Basic Railjack upgrades (guns/shields/engines/reactor) will be clan dojo research. Wants to reduce the "randomness" to get the equivalents of Serration/Vitality/etc.
    -Avionics will be the "mods" for the Railjack, Battle Avionics are offensive abilities (usable by anyone on a turret?) Intergrated Avionics are passives abilities. Tactical Avionics are basically the ult abilities, more ship-focused. Will be upgraded with it's own type of Endo, sounds like you can either boost the avionic itself, or boost the slot the avionic would go into so all avionics in that slot will get boosted.
    -Payloads will be single-use abilities for the mission. Uses the new railjack resources from the update (better starting mining again!) Said Resources also drop during the railjack missions, which will let you craft more on the fly as the situation changes.
    -Intrinsics are skills tied specifically to the player. Steady progression ala Focus (though not branching trees, more like upgrading an attribute. Also not meant to be anywhere as grindy) and it sounded like you start with enough points to invest in your first abilities. Intrinsics affect your abilities no matter whose Railjack you are on, so someone who invested in piloting will always have piloting abilities. Starts with 4 categories (Tactical, Piloting, Gunnery, Enginnering) will have a 5th "Command" intrinsic for NPC crews when they come out (along with a free respec to invest into that when it arrives)
    -People without a Railjack/don't want to take theirs can join missions through the normal navigation menu, button in the top right corner to send them to the railjack map. People with Railjacks who want to use them start the mission from the navigation menu inside the Railjack (and bring their premades with them.)
    -Have a free-flight mode/mission to learn the basics in a safe setting.
    -Railjack missions will have modular objectives depending on what sort of map gets generated. I.e. you go into an exterminate mission and how many/what types of ships you have to destroy will change mission to mission.
    -Hijacking enemy ships is obviously a thing, can blow up from inside or take over. Interior is semi-random.

Some more things, now that I'm back.
    -Sounds like Engineering Intrinsics will be for things like repair and payload production (Reb had to cheat herself some ranks into that to show what mid-mission building looks like)
    -Place you do that way back in the back, where you have those conveyor things going around the hull. Will have have a cooldown after building something, but four queues where you can do it.
    -Tactical Intrinsics seem like skills that help for going out of the Railjack into Archwing and boarding other ships. the Recall ability to return to the 'jack seen at Tennocon seems like it's one of the abilities, as is the Archwing Cannon.
    -What's the Archwing Cannon? Well, let's just say in another setting, the user would be screaming WAAAAAAAAAGH! before impact.
    -Some of the alternative missions mentioned that could happen depending on what sort of map you got included taking out a Grineer Galleon and assaulting an asteroid base.
    -Railjack-related Archwing modules are something planned for a later phase.
    -Plans for Crew is that you would be able to recruit from Ostrons/Solaris and the syndicates. Converted Liches are something else they are planning as crew, though at the moment they can show up as a response to being boarded.
    -No plans for any changes to the Lich system this year, want release Empyrean first. Might add a way to "dispel" a Lich you don't want in the future. Made the process of killing your Lich shorter than it appeared to be in Tennocon because they thought people wouldn't want to spend 2+ months hunting for a single Kuva weapon, and had the Liches kill you on a failure (rather than rising from the dead as mentioned in Tennocon) because it felt like a more intriguing narrative to have a personal enemy powerful enough to kill you like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Anyone that's friends with Loka, Perrin, and Red Veil want to trade weapons 1:1? I can buy any of the steel meridian weapons right now and can buy a Suda or Arbiters weapon in a couple days.

*I'm on PC

mccart on
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Oh Snap ... Update 26.0.8 JUST dropped on Switch. Downloading that 'ish right now. I can't wait to ignore my lich if I ever choose to get one ... cause you know some larva are gonna die some slow painful deaths.
    Edit: I just remembered ... you can't ignore them since they steal your stuff ... better to NOT get one until I feel like it.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Masseter finished cooking. I’m looking forward to seeing how it feels to use, when the windup for my first attack finishes animating.

Edit: Oh, apparently the way to attack quickly with it is to sprint around without sliding or bullet jumping. As fun as that sounds, I think I’ll just brute force it with Berserker and Primed Fury.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    that's an interesting mechanic. o_o

I killed the radiation lich but I have to make another one because it didn't have the ephemera or a weapon I'd want. it's odd that they wouldn't have thought that that players would want a way to dispel/reroll a lich without going through the lengthy process of killing it though and have that at the start, but eh.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    Anyone that's friends with Loka, Perrin, and Red Veil want to trade weapons 1:1? I can buy any of the steel meridian weapons right now and can buy a Suda or Arbiters weapon in a couple days.

*I'm on PC

I can do all three but to get all of the weapons is gonna take awhile, probably a week or two.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Welp, I got to the part of the railjack where you need to contribute 15 Argon. This is where we stop, I'm pretty sure.

it's way easier than farming 30 orokin cells at least

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The new lich has radiation ephemera! But only a 26% radiation Drakgoon. Guess that's cake for you.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Finished the Second Dream quests. Emotionally exhausting is what that was.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Welp, I got to the part of the railjack where you need to contribute 15 Argon. This is where we stop, I'm pretty sure.

it's way easier than farming 30 orokin cells at least

The difference being orokin cells accumulate while you're doing other stuff, so I have a significant amount of the things at least, while Argon's tendency to vanish in a puff of logic means it always needs to be specifically farmed in nodes that aren't good for much anything else.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Finished the Second Dream quests. Emotionally exhausting is what that was.

Yea that's how I feel for every quest in this game lol

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    So now the Old Blood is finally on Switch and I've been digging into the Lich system.

Shame that the getting and opening relics step has been awful so far.

Everything else about it seems fun, but trying to farm these requiem mods is just not doing it for me.

Does it get better as you spend more time with it and have a stock ready to go?

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So today the daily gave me a resource booster, so I just went to look for argon. 20 minutes of Survival with a Nekros and two Mobile Defense missions later, still haven't seen a one of those damn things. Sigh.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    So now the Old Blood is finally on Switch and I've been digging into the Lich system.

Everything else about it seems fun, but trying to farm these requiem mods is just not doing it for me.

I just ran kuva flood missions until I had a decent supply of relics (3-4 of each) and then cracked them until I had at least 2 of each mod. After that with the change to thralls where they can drop the relics they've just kind of been piling up.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular

I just ran kuva flood missions until I had a decent supply of relics (3-4 of each) and then cracked them until I had at least 2 of each mod. After that with the change to thralls where they can drop the relics they've just kind of been piling up.

Also none of the Requiem mods are more rare than others, so just trade your extras with other people to round out your collection. No need to worry about getting all of them on your own.

• Options
    Hey HappylilElf thanks for the resource boosters, you didn't have to do that but it's appreciated!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yes I did! It's Tennobaum god damn it :P

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I have so far avoided getting into the Lich system at all.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    My dumb spaceship is done. They better make building it worth it

• Options
    literally the first run of 10 waves of helene

054E201334CA7AE0D209B3BA8154C0814DB38C41

thanks for also blessing my RNG lilelf

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Four liches, damage bonuses of 25, 26, 28 and 51% (and the 51 is the archgun, sooo yeah, that'll be level 40 real soon). Could use a little RNG love here, DE.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Four liches, damage bonuses of 25, 26, 28 and 51% (and the 51 is the archgun, sooo yeah, that'll be level 40 real soon). Could use a little RNG love here, DE.

The first trip to 30 for archguns is a bear, but after that you put the archgun deployer on it and level up in normal missions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

The first trip to 30 for archguns is a bear, but after that you put the archgun deployer on it and level up in normal missions

I do have that, thankfully, but a lot of times I forget to use it. Also my archgun mods are mediocre!

I suppose I should be glad that I've actually gone melee-archgun-secondary-primary, so I could equip a full kuva set already if I wanna bling.

• Options

It depends, do you love high level grineer content for days on days?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular

Do I?!? :)

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Do I?!? :)

It's very good affinity to mow them down after all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Yeah, it's less of a grind after you have all the requiem mods and only need to crack relics every couple of Liches.

Did they get the "down the Lich 3 times and they flee" thing into the console versions? If so, I recommend doing that until you figure out one of the relics are, and only then testing if the revealed one is the first in the sequence, then repeat. Rank 5 Liches can be genuinely dangerous and/or frustrating to kill depending on their skills and resistances/immunities, so ideally you only want to have to face them at that rank just once or twice if you can help it.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »

Yeah, it's less of a grind after you have all the requiem mods and only need to crack relics every couple of Liches.

Did they get the "down the Lich 3 times and they flee" thing into the console versions? If so, I recommend doing that until you figure out one of the relics are, and only then testing if the revealed one is the first in the sequence, then repeat. Rank 5 Liches can be genuinely dangerous and/or frustrating to kill depending on their skills and resistances/immunities, so ideally you only want to have to face them at that rank just once or twice if you can help it.

My latest lich spawned level 91 thralls on Mercury... at level 1. but she has the ephemera so it makes sense Im going to have to work for it...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Beginning to hate Kuva Ballistas. More than I generally hate Ballistas.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Finally got to MR10, started cooking up a Destreza Prime, and unlocked Eris and Sedna, and Equinox will be ready in an hour. *flex*

As I understand it this opens up the majority of content to me, though obviously a few quest lines need to be handled.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    TrepperTrepper Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »

*I'm on PC

Yeah, I have Red and Meridian ATM. If you are around today I'm online as of now, 10p EST.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    I know I've asked this before and gotten lucky that a few folks have had some extra, but Ignis Wraith BPs - anyone? Got some new folks starting up and would like to get some into my own stock for when they're ready.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    You guys are so amazingly generous! Thank you so much to @Trepper (I believe thats kipipi? correct me if im wrong) for 2 archwing slots, @Mudzgut for a forma pack, and @HappylilElf for 30 day resource drops and resource rarity boosters! You guys make me feel so warm and fuzzy. <3<3 Really is the spirit of tennobaum.

If anyone needs another warm body to help farm, or whatever, be sure to hit me up. I'm almost always happy to help out :) Hit me up on steam if i'm not online and I can usually hop over to help.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    I know I've asked this before and gotten lucky that a few folks have had some extra, but Ignis Wraith BPs - anyone? Got some new folks starting up and would like to get some into my own stock for when they're ready.

If you're on PC, there's one or two mules floating around for those BPs. I've still got hundreds, if anyone in the Alliance needs them and I can get the right supply chain partners lined up. ;)

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
This discussion has been closed.