As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Every so often I go back to the days I came out on my health app to see exactly when I was about to tell people, as my heart rate jacks up through the roof.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Seidkona wrote: »
    I have been through a lot this last year.

I am working through doing my name change paperwork and for a whole lot of reasons I feel like I don't want to go with the names I initially picked out.

It seems so long ago.

Right now considering Alyta Satine Phoenix

I really like phoenix iconography/symbology for transition
    classic+powerful+evocative!

Once I realized I did not have to be saddled with the last name of people who hated what I was I knew it was the perfect last name.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've been having a rough time clarifying to my partner that no, you can't call me your nbi, because that's like me calling you my cis or whatever. Also no, you can't refer to me as your "enn-bee" I'm not non-binary I'm agender FUCK

She's been really great she's just as new to this whole world as I am.

• Options
    It is really hard to explain a lack of something.

• Options
    This thread was too many pages back. Is everyone doing ok?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yep! Nothing to bring up, just waiting til I go for my three month checkup and pill refill next Friday.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

Still very queer, just exhausted.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Been a long but good week. Emotionally exhausted is all.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've played minecraft with one of those college friends a few times since and she called me by the new name vocally and I liked it a lot.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Still no real idea what I want to do w/r/t the whole transgender thing.

I should make an appointment with my doctor. Not that she'd be an expert but maybe she'd have resources to point towards. All my therapist has done is be supportive of whatever I choose... which doesn't help when i've got no ideas.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Still here, still queer. Electrol was a bitch this week, even with the machine turned down. oww my face, my hideous face.
    Aistan wrote: »

I should make an appointment with my doctor. Not that she'd be an expert but maybe she'd have resources to point towards. All my therapist has done is be supportive of whatever I choose... which doesn't help when i've got no ideas.

There's a bunch of resources out there if you need to do some self-service. Transhub is a good local one, the location specific stuff isn't going to be super helpful but there's a lot of 'what the heck do i do' stuff on there that might help?

• Options
    I didn't think about how asking for a status update can be a loaded issue, folk may not want to be introspective etc.

• Options
    I sort of want to shave my beard off but I'm not quit ready for that?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Shave part of it? Like go for a slightly different style.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm still bi. I'm still married. My kid just turned five and she's starting primary on Monday.

I've been working with her to try and default to third person pronouns and she's getting there.

Not much else to really report.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Check for local trans / LGBTQIA groups in your area. You may be able to find resources and mentors there.

If not, there's always online. You could do teletherapy with someone well versed in trans issues. If you need a trans person to talk through things with, feel free to message me.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Injured my inner thigh whilst out walking a few weeks ago (around the end of January) and it got infected, which spread, ended up in hospital for 12 hours, (basically my labia on the right hand side exploded into a gross party balloon animal)... :bigfrown:
    But I'm all healed up and good now after some TLC and a course of antibiotics. I'm all good otherwise. :)

Also, I've just sent a donation to Mermaids as there's a big legal battle going on in the UK with regards to access to NHS medical treatment for Trans* kids. It's like inviting the Ku-Klux clan to help decide in a court of law whether to end racial segregation. Bonkers. The whole situation makes me so mad. :(

• Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Hang in there @Zilla360 - I hope your recovery is going OK**

Thanks for the helpful link - donating to Mermaids is such a good idea, will do the same...

Will it actually have an impact if we write to our MPs?

I see Mermaids posted this template letter - https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Draft-letter-to-MPs-2.9-1.docx

Haven't been in the UK that long so don't know how effective it is to mail letters to MPs... if it helps, will definitely do it (and I'll ask friends and colleagues who I know are horrified at the unfair outcome of the court case to do it too)

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I stopped seeing the therapist id been talking with. It just, wasn't a fit.

I've often in my life felt like my medical professionals just never listen to me and I'm the kind of person that remembers things you tell me, so I was getting worn down by the therapist coming across as having no recollection of things we'd talked about before and felt that they kept guiding me away from deeper topics like identity and just focused on mundane or daily things. Like I kinda get it, I'm covid era job searching and that has taken a toll for months. But I feel like I was trying to talk about other things and was repeatedly pulled to talking about the job search.

The worst part is that I'd been on their waiting list for probably 6 months.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I think whether writing to your MP helps will depend on your MP. If you visit https://www.theyworkforyou.com/ and put in your postcode it will show your MPs voting record. Mine has consistently voted against everything I am in favour of because I always live in turbo-Tory areas, so I've never bothered writing.

• Options
    PirateQueenPirateQueen Registered User regular
    Ooh that is so useful @Brovid Hasselsmof - TYSM for telling me!
    I see our current MP is Labour and voted to protect asylum seekers so I hope she'll also stand up for young trans people's rights.

So sorry to hear about the poor experience in therapy @initiatefailure
    A good therapist would accurately empathise with you and support you in exploring deep identity issues, not force a change of topic. Hope you'll find a more helpful therapist in future!

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I used to write to my MP fairly often, before the last GE, but then the seat flipped to a Tory who has a fairly shitty/typically right-wing voting record, so I don't bother any more.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    if I were to change my name it'd be to Daniel Gregg, after the ghost captain from The Ghost & Mrs. Muir.

That was gonna be my name before my dad decided in the 11th hour that I had to be a Jr.

edit: Mary Jane, if I was going the traditionally feminine route, but because of weed.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I see our current MP is Labour and voted to protect asylum seekers so I hope she'll also stand up for young trans people's rights.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but alas this is terf island, so don't take it for granted.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    TERF Island is the worst waterpark I've ever been to.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I used to write to my MP fairly often, before the last GE, but then the seat flipped to a Tory who has a fairly shitty/typically right-wing voting record, so I don't bother any more.

when I lived in a right-wing district sometimes I would write anyway just to tell them what a shithead they were.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Nothing special to update here, still agender, found an awesome helmet I want to make part of my day to day wear. Multiple exhausting conversations about how non binary is not the same as agender, otherwise pretty quiet.

• Options
    TERF Island is the worst waterpark I've ever been to.
    TERF Island be all like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Fe_usip-g

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I just discovered that someone has made a searchable quiltbag resources list in my city called Queery and I love the pun so much

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I just discovered that someone has made a searchable quiltbag resources list in my city called Queery and I love the pun so much

that's too good

• Options
    pimento wrote: »
    Still here, still queer. Electrol was a bitch this week, even with the machine turned down. oww my face, my hideous face.
    I’m getting it done, and jesus I don’t know if I can handle more than an hour.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Hey all, coming out and being out at work has been going great! Like, surprisingly well.
    Yet another instance of “well fuck, what was I so afraid of?”

Now I really need to start working on my voice, because my natural voice fucking suuuucks.
    And also, need to get moving on laser to be mostly done while we’re all still wearing masks.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »

To get through pre-surgical electrolysis, I had to take a Xanax, two Oxycodone, then get a local nerve block. With my metabolism the last one was effective for about 30 minutes, so I might get 2-3 rounds of injections in a 90 minute session. I was doing that for every week for a few months. So, so glad I don’t need to do that again.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    To get through pre-surgical electrolysis, I had to take a Xanax, two Oxycodone, then get a local nerve block. With my metabolism the last one was effective for about 30 minutes, so I might get 2-3 rounds of injections in a 90 minute session. I was doing that for every week for a few months. So, so glad I don’t need to do that again.
    Yeah I’m doing a session every other week which makes it easier financially. The worst part is how poorly regulated it all is. I can tell you right now the place I’m going to hits all the red flags, but they’re the only place in my area that does pre-surgical so it’s that or I spend more time and money on a more reputable location. At least they’re using a probe and not the scam tweezer method.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Yeah I’m doing a session every other week which makes it easier financially. The worst part is how poorly regulated it all is. I can tell you right now the place I’m going to hits all the red flags, but they’re the only place in my area that does pre-surgical so it’s that or I spend more time and money on a more reputable location. At least they’re using a probe and not the scam tweezer method.

I'm just doing facial electrol atm, and the last (30 minutes on wednesday) session we turned the machine down and I was still left with a bunch of red marks that're still there. My fault though, I was out in the sun last weekend doing gardening without any suncream on.

Still uh.. bodes well for any pre-surgical I might look into.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    4NEvj4fl.png
    r8wM4Zwl.png

Spending some time in drag this eve

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    tynic wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

when I lived in a right-wing district sometimes I would write anyway just to tell them what a shithead they were.

That's been the way of my entire interaction with Utah state government since I moved here, except for one actually nice email to our governor when he broke ranks with the rest of the GOP over accepting Syrian Refugees.

Followed a week later by an email where, if I recall correctly, I called him a runny bird shit streaked across the windshield of human decency. Can't remember what for exactly, but I'm sure he deserved it.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I started moving house the other day and discovered that I need to get some sports bras. Not because I actually have much going on there yet, but because what is there is extremely sensitive to just... having anything come into contact with it and... pain...

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I got new, more girly looking glasses and it's been both gender euphoric and not. Euphoric because they I do look a bit more girly with them and not because I've kinda been sitting on my ass for a year ignoring my body again.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    A friend who makes and sells reproductions of an 18th century dildo gave me one as a gift.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.