Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Girls' Frontline [GFL]. Halloween story event soon. Singularity expected in November.

12829313334

Posts

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    x0itwn3grxxh.png
    a hat trick

    also the story is getting real dramatic gearing up for singularity

    chrono_travellerGeneral_ArmchairMill
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Well, outside of not having a good handgun team (which is only so bad). I'm mostly set for the rescue event. All normal chapters, up to 6 have been completed with bronze, silver and gold medals. So I can have a team auto battle on each map overnight. Almost got 6-4E on perfect last night, but my second team isn't quite up for delivering on the needed kills, granted, I think I missed a resupply chance that might have let me get it with one kill over the requirement. That maps does have more bosses, so I have to wonder if it might be the better farm option on auto battle (resource cost is gonna hurt though). Also get echelon 7 unlocked, so that's currently doing the 1-2N running (not sure if there is a point, where I should consider moving that echelon out of 1-2N to something else. Seems like that maps is the most resource efficient map to auto battle and I've seen what overnight auto battles on bosses cost. So I might opt to leave that team in there, even if it takes forever for it to overtake one of the current logistics teams in effectiveness on logistics missions). The roster expansion should be fairly quick and then maybe I can swing echelon 8 before the rescue event and have the option to auto farm a boss, while manually killing another one.

    Also I feel like the 2nd echelon is probably a rougher grind to 90 than the first squad. Part of that is a mix of the first squad getting all the good gear (don't have the patience to shuffle gear around constantly) and story maps essentially forcing one to start building up a decent 2nd squad close enough behind the team, that it's just not worth mixing the two teams together for power leveling.

    I did manage to get a SVD and M1919A4, so those are in the new echelon with Gr MK23. Then Am RFB and SR-3MP to fill it out with stuff that's probably worth leveling up at some point. I want to be able to field an SG/MG team at some point, while also have the option to throw out to good rifle teams. Just need one more good rifle, ideally 0-2 runs will cough up springfield, since I have her unique ammo, which should make it worth using. Already just running the handgun recipe to build up ammo and rations, so I figure I'll get some good handguns at some point.

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The most efficient auto-battle map that we have access to is 7-1 IIRC. 7-4 ranks up there too I think. I'll need to find the spreadsheet.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Is that for exp per hour or exp per resource spent? Would love to know both, that way when I'm not pressed to get specific dolls up to speed or need to be conservative with my resources (kind of like now), I can run them on the most resource efficient route. Then when I might need to get stuff up quickly, I can change gears.

    On the upside, echelon 7 means that I now have a consistent dummy echelon option for getting gold on some maps. Echelon would probably give me the finale dummy echelon I need, without having to sacrifice time on a logistics mission.

    Also assuming I'm reading the keycard stuff right, I've got enough key cards to get 105 calibration tickets and I still have two quests to finish off for the day. So I might be in really good shape in regards to being able to put off defense drills. I suspect, I'll have to run the first one without having echelon 8 unlocked, but who knows, maybe I'll get a windfall of free gems before I have to run it for more calibration tickets. Anyways, about how many memory fragments do I want to have on hand by the time the next batch of neural mod stuff drops, and this is assuming having done nothing with the current three? I figured that'd be something I'll want to consider in regards to defense drills. If I don't have a need for tickets, probably better to stock up on memory fragments on non-data days. I figure there is going to be a point where one has enough memory fragments, where defense drill might be the better option. Though at 5 energy, I suspect if one wants to get the daily done, it's probably going to be a once a day thing. Maybe twice, but that probably means running the very first map of the neural network corridor instead of harder maps (sim quest is probably one of the very few where it's a net gain on basic resources instead of a discount).

    BTW what's the recommended with gems spending past a certain point. I get the impression that at some point, I probably should shift to picking up oaths after I unlock all 10 echelons and maybe all 10 dorms, with roster expansion mixed in here and there. Heck, could see how it might be possible for a setup of picking up an oath before getting all the dorms. Are any of the other slots (research, repair, doll construction or equipment construction) ever going to be worth it? If not, is it essentially just pick up oaths because I can see how the free to play and almost entirely free to play approaches are probably going to be in a spot where it's going to be a very long time or never, on getting all the guns set up with an oath.

  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I finally beat Arctic warfare, so time to push through chapters 8, 9 and 10. That final boss map in Arctic is one hell of a slog.

    chrono_travellerGeneral_ArmchairMill
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Is that for exp per hour or exp per resource spent? Would love to know both, that way when I'm not pressed to get specific dolls up to speed or need to be conservative with my resources (kind of like now), I can run them on the most resource efficient route. Then when I might need to get stuff up quickly, I can change gears.

    On the upside, echelon 7 means that I now have a consistent dummy echelon option for getting gold on some maps. Echelon would probably give me the finale dummy echelon I need, without having to sacrifice time on a logistics mission.

    Also assuming I'm reading the keycard stuff right, I've got enough key cards to get 105 calibration tickets and I still have two quests to finish off for the day. So I might be in really good shape in regards to being able to put off defense drills. I suspect, I'll have to run the first one without having echelon 8 unlocked, but who knows, maybe I'll get a windfall of free gems before I have to run it for more calibration tickets. Anyways, about how many memory fragments do I want to have on hand by the time the next batch of neural mod stuff drops, and this is assuming having done nothing with the current three? I figured that'd be something I'll want to consider in regards to defense drills. If I don't have a need for tickets, probably better to stock up on memory fragments on non-data days. I figure there is going to be a point where one has enough memory fragments, where defense drill might be the better option. Though at 5 energy, I suspect if one wants to get the daily done, it's probably going to be a once a day thing. Maybe twice, but that probably means running the very first map of the neural network corridor instead of harder maps (sim quest is probably one of the very few where it's a net gain on basic resources instead of a discount).

    BTW what's the recommended with gems spending past a certain point. I get the impression that at some point, I probably should shift to picking up oaths after I unlock all 10 echelons and maybe all 10 dorms, with roster expansion mixed in here and there. Heck, could see how it might be possible for a setup of picking up an oath before getting all the dorms. Are any of the other slots (research, repair, doll construction or equipment construction) ever going to be worth it? If not, is it essentially just pick up oaths because I can see how the free to play and almost entirely free to play approaches are probably going to be in a spot where it's going to be a very long time or never, on getting all the guns set up with an oath.

    7-1 qualifies as close to the top for both of those, iirc. Someone posted a chart in the last couple of weeks that had them all listed, I thought.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 10
    edit:
    Auto-battle stats.
    0mkw9vmbl7ss.png

    So I guess 7-1 is pretty bad exp/resource, but its second for exp/time.

    0-3/4 seems fairly high exp/time while being a decent resource cost.

    Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    I suppose I was leaning towards 7-1 since when people buy the auto-battle card, they want to maximize the amount of xp that they get while it's active and the resource cost is the price of doing business.
    Mill wrote: »
    If I don't have a need for tickets, probably better to stock up on memory fragments on non-data days. I figure there is going to be a point where one has enough memory fragments, where defense drill might be the better option. Though at 5 energy, I suspect if one wants to get the daily done, it's probably going to be a once a day thing. Maybe twice, but that probably means running the very first map of the neural network corridor instead of harder maps (sim quest is probably one of the very few where it's a net gain on basic resources instead of a discount).

    BTW what's the recommended with gems spending past a certain point. I get the impression that at some point, I probably should shift to picking up oaths after I unlock all 10 echelons and maybe all 10 dorms, with roster expansion mixed in here and there. Heck, could see how it might be possible for a setup of picking up an oath before getting all the dorms. Are any of the other slots (research, repair, doll construction or equipment construction) ever going to be worth it? If not, is it essentially just pick up oaths because I can see how the free to play and almost entirely free to play approaches are probably going to be in a spot where it's going to be a very long time or never, on getting all the guns set up with an oath.

    Regarding gems, once you have 10 echelons and 10 dorms then you have a lot of freedom on what to spend them on. Oaths don't make that big of a deal outside of assisting with the digimind upgrade grind. You may want to expand your tdoll/equipment /fairy capacity to give yourself some more room. Some people have bought the extra two production slots for tdoll/equipment construction to facilitate lazy one-and-done completion of their daily tdoll/equipment quests with single batch builds.

    Alternatively you can start buying some of the bundles from the shop. For some months, the daily bundle has a good deal on skill data. You can also buy extra combat Sim energy once a day to help with your memory fragment gains (you can buy more than once a day, but the price scales up with subsequent purchases). Of course there's also just sitting on a fat pile of gems to buy costume bundles or tokens, the former often contain oath rings.


    Regarding digimind upgrades, I'd skip the initial batch unless you have a fat pile of memory fragments. I think most will agree that upgrading M4 is by far your largest priority in regards to digimind upgrades. STAR 15 is arguably priority #2, but I think that there may be more contention on that matter. On this note, if the English server EVER gets an opportunity to farm dupes of the AR-team, then you desperately want to at least farm up a second copy of M4 since M4 mod 3 is pretty amazing.

    General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    edit:
    Auto-battle stats.
    0mkw9vmbl7ss.png

    So I guess 7-1 is pretty bad exp/resource, but its second for exp/time.

    0-3/4 seems fairly high exp/time while being a decent resource cost.

    I feel like you've misread the graph.

    A higher exp/rsc number indicates you get more exp for each resource you spend, in which case 7-1 is actually extremely efficient for that at 0.29 and also the second highest xp per hour.

    chrono_travellerGeneral_Armchair
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    That it is. For some reason I read it as resources per xp instead of the inverse.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Sweet, I have 7-1 unlocked for auto battles. I'll need to go look at the timer for that. Probably should be running that as an overnight thing when my current teams for overnight auto battle are able to. I've been mostly putting them on boss fights because I figure, I might get lucky on limited boss drops. Though, since I'm aiming to slip into a lowered resource consumption to make sure I'm in a good spot for the rescue event, I should move my overnight auto battle stuff to a similar pattern. Is the rescue event suppose to be this month or will it be later, like next month?

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    My money is on it starting once the bingo event concludes.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is there a reason to do the bingo event quests after you have the board filled out? Will the extra points go towards tokens or something like that?

    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett

    George R. R. Martin is not your bitch. ~ Neil Gaiman
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Every unused keycard will be converted to calibration tickets. IIRC at a rate of 5 calibration tickets per keycard.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Millchrono_traveller
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    5hg u say

    WARNING: stop watching at about 3 minutes if you don't want major story spoilers. you're also gonna have to click on it cause the thumbnail itself is a spoiler

    Snip

    Dang. Why isn't cz75 winning the vote, I don't have her :(

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    5hg u say

    WARNING: stop watching at about 3 minutes if you don't want major story spoilers. you're also gonna have to click on it cause the thumbnail itself is a spoiler

    Snip

    Dang. Why isn't cz75 winning the vote, I don't have her :(

    I'm a bit perplexed by that as well. From a utility perspective, she is arguably the most useful one. CZ75 has been released more frequently than TAC-50, who was only released in a boss hunter event right about the time that activity in this thread started kicking off. That said, players who lack tac-50 probably lack CZ75 too. Maybe people are just voting for looks?

    You're not missing out on too much though. A 5HG team doesn't really add anything to your range of capabilities. It just lets you do some stuff that you could already do, except while also being miserly with your resources at the same time. Alternative budget approaches is to just use a single AR as DPS with maybe a few handguns supporting them. I know that G11 can solo the first few chapters worth of bosses, especially if she has a fairy backing her up.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Its the resource efficiency that is alluring, also HGs are fun.

    Plus i stopped that video after watching them kill Judge, and there was still a lot left to go.

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    probably because CZ75 has been obtainable multiple times in the past whereas TAC-50 was only obtainable from the one metal zongzhi event. also now that Px4 Storm is out TAC-50 has one of the key components required for her crittable bamboo shot to really take off, we're just missing Python now

    you can also use GSh-18 as a dps core for a 5HG echelon although obtaining her requires you dump a lot of batteries into the cafe comic books stand

    Orphane on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Would one be able to use an AR like G41 to get through a decent chunk of the chapter bosses? I doubt I'll have G11 ready by the time the rescue event drops. Kind of want to get M16A1 up to par to be 0-2 meat shield, followed by M1911, SDV, K31 and hopefully some other good rifle for night battles. Granted, I figure by the time M16A1 can do 0-2, I'll have M4 SOPMOD II fully leveled and at max skill. Hell, since I'm not gonna bother with dragging and instead do interning, I'll have the benefit of M16A1's stun grenade to help lower damage and the pitiful dps of whatever is being leveled with those two, so that might get me 3-4 runs instead of like just two.

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've never tried her, but she should. A x5 g41 should kick the stuffing out of the chapter 1 and 2 bosses by herself. I'm not sure how far she can go before she needs more significant support. I think g11 might start needing some backup in the chapter 3+, even if the backup might just be a handgun or two at first.

    I mostly just farmed chapter 6 during the last rescue event. The lower chapters haven't had units that I needed to chase. For this rescue event, I might chase a duplicate Aug and then a contender or two if they win their respective brackets.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular


    guess i don't really have to bother with this rescue event then

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    I think I hit the point, where my primary limiting factor on getting gold medals is going to come down to not having the gear. I'm sure levels past 90 and skill training will help some, but I'm pretty sure my biggest limiter at this point is now gear. I'm hoping I can get more gold medals before the big update. Currently, 1-7 normal and 1-6 emergency, along with chapter 0, have been gold medaled. I've gotten 7-1E gold medaled as well, probably could do the same easily with 8-1 normal. Taunt fairy certainly gives me more margin of error on getting gold and I probably should get it's skill to level 4.

    Looking at gearing, going to reiterate, I really hope that the update addresses the garbage that is the recommended gear recipes. I think marginally, you'll get a few more items of what the recipe is suppose to be aiming for, but I'm starting to wonder if one might be better served going for suppressor because it seems like 50-70% of what you'll get won't be a suppressor. So given that it appears to be the cheapest recipes of 50x ammo, rations & parts, while burning 150 manpower (which seem super easy to build up), that seems like a better approach than any of the recipes.

    Would be nice if guns that can equip night equipment had some sort of setup, where the game could switch back and forth between equipped night equipment and non-night equipment depending on the mission. Given that night gear is only useful for night battles, so it currently creates a massive annoyance, when one needs to use the same guns for both night battles and everything else. For guns that can equip more than one scope, just designated a slot as the "day gear slot" and that will be the one switched out for the equipped night gear. Night battles seem incredibly unfriendly to new players in ways that they probably shouldn't. I mean I can get behind the idea that night battles are something that a new player shouldn't be able to immediately step into but the bar of entry seems a bit too high and then that is paired with the non-user friendly gear setup. Also it probably should be a bit more accessible for the first two chapters, given that both gear enhancement and item calibration are locked behind them. Also there is definitely something up with the code for night battles because every time I've had the game freeze on me, it's during a night battle and usually during the enemy's turn.

    Finally, hoping they do look into some of the quests. Honestly, the ones that just amount to a mediocre discount with marginally useful contracts feel like crap. I think most, if not all, of those are weekly quests. It would be nice if they aren't going to be a net resource gain, that it came with something that the player couldn't otherwise get. Anything that gives cores or tokens at least feels rewarding, even if it's a massive resource drain. I know they can't attach those rewards to all the quests that are currently really bad discounts because that would be hitting their revenue. I'd just like to see those tweaked to either be a resource gain under the stand approach, even if that comes with nerfing dragging or setup to give some sort of reward that is both useful and somewhat hard to obtain. I have to wonder if they could get away with attaching various data, calibration tickets or memory fragments to some of those because combats sims are already fairly rewarding given that the current for them is only for them and they use no resources and the quests associated with them are always a gain. Also they could play around with maybe using surplus energy or a new currency that could be trade for either a decent chunk of resources or gear that is at least rare or better. Not to mention, there is at 1-2 quests where they could work much better as a monthly. Fairy enhancement comes to mind, those seem really rare to get, so could easily make that a monthly that only requires one fairy enhancement and make it so that it gives more resources than spent on enhancing. Calibrating fairies is probably another one, since one first needs a fairy, then you only really want to change it's talent if it rolled a crap one, to make a dupe match the one being leveled to maximize xp or to attempt to get a better talent for one's needs (be that for a specific comp or getting it to 5* and wanted damage II instead of damage I).

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think tonight I'll try and break down and reorganize my teams to clear as far as I can. I have chapter 7 missions I can still gold/silver, and I've only done the first mission of 8. Plus maybe clear out Arctic Warfare.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    I think I hit the point, where my primary limiting factor on getting gold medals is going to come down to not having the gear. I'm sure levels past 90 and skill training will help some, but I'm pretty sure my biggest limiter at this point is now gear. I'm hoping I can get more gold medals before the big update. Currently, 1-7 normal and 1-6 emergency, along with chapter 0, have been gold medaled. I've gotten 7-1E gold medaled as well, probably could do the same easily with 8-1 normal. Taunt fairy certainly gives me more margin of error on getting gold and I probably should get it's skill to level 4.

    Looking at gearing, going to reiterate, I really hope that the update addresses the garbage that is the recommended gear recipes. I think marginally, you'll get a few more items of what the recipe is suppose to be aiming for, but I'm starting to wonder if one might be better served going for suppressor because it seems like 50-70% of what you'll get won't be a suppressor. So given that it appears to be the cheapest recipes of 50x ammo, rations & parts, while burning 150 manpower (which seem super easy to build up), that seems like a better approach than any of the recipes.

    Would be nice if guns that can equip night equipment had some sort of setup, where the game could switch back and forth between equipped night equipment and non-night equipment depending on the mission. Given that night gear is only useful for night battles, so it currently creates a massive annoyance, when one needs to use the same guns for both night battles and everything else. For guns that can equip more than one scope, just designated a slot as the "day gear slot" and that will be the one switched out for the equipped night gear. Night battles seem incredibly unfriendly to new players in ways that they probably shouldn't. I mean I can get behind the idea that night battles are something that a new player shouldn't be able to immediately step into but the bar of entry seems a bit too high and then that is paired with the non-user friendly gear setup. Also it probably should be a bit more accessible for the first two chapters, given that both gear enhancement and item calibration are locked behind them. Also there is definitely something up with the code for night battles because every time I've had the game freeze on me, it's during a night battle and usually during the enemy's turn.

    Finally, hoping they do look into some of the quests. Honestly, the ones that just amount to a mediocre discount with marginally useful contracts feel like crap. I think most, if not all, of those are weekly quests. It would be nice if they aren't going to be a net resource gain, that it came with something that the player couldn't otherwise get. Anything that gives cores or tokens at least feels rewarding, even if it's a massive resource drain. I know they can't attach those rewards to all the quests that are currently really bad discounts because that would be hitting their revenue. I'd just like to see those tweaked to either be a resource gain under the stand approach, even if that comes with nerfing dragging or setup to give some sort of reward that is both useful and somewhat hard to obtain. I have to wonder if they could get away with attaching various data, calibration tickets or memory fragments to some of those because combats sims are already fairly rewarding given that the current for them is only for them and they use no resources and the quests associated with them are always a gain. Also they could play around with maybe using surplus energy or a new currency that could be trade for either a decent chunk of resources or gear that is at least rare or better. Not to mention, there is at 1-2 quests where they could work much better as a monthly. Fairy enhancement comes to mind, those seem really rare to get, so could easily make that a monthly that only requires one fairy enhancement and make it so that it gives more resources than spent on enhancing. Calibrating fairies is probably another one, since one first needs a fairy, then you only really want to change it's talent if it rolled a crap one, to make a dupe match the one being leveled to maximize xp or to attempt to get a better talent for one's needs (be that for a specific comp or getting it to 5* and wanted damage II instead of damage I).

    At this point I recommend just using the recipes from this chart. Anecdotally the 50/250/150/150 voodoo recipe gave me good results during the rate up.

    z1coc993jiuo.png

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Ranlin
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    God bored and while I was having one of my teams do 0-2 in the background to get SVD, M16A1 & M1911 some levels on an intern run with SOPMOD and STEN. Sure not optimal, but M1911 is at 70 now and the other two are at decent levels. Anyways decided to track down stuff on the new patch. Looks like we'll get a ton of leveled and linked guns for completing chapters, but as far as I can tell, veterans aren't going to get the core, combat reports & capsule compensation, that they would get for the AR Team, when it comes to non-AR Team T-Doll rewards. Though maybe that'll change. One thing I'd like confirmation on is if we have a dupe of a doll, where both are partially linked, will there be any sort of impact on dummy linking them, if one uses a partial linked t-doll as the dummy link. For ex. one has a two dolls that are 3x linked, so if the person levels one to 90, would the game consider the three dummies covered if the other one was used or does it just count towards covering one? I'd like to know since that could be a factor for those of us that have started recently, not to mention I have a dupe of P38 with both being around lvl 40 and given I'm hitting space issues (think purging that one would get me to 84/100 and might let me squeeze in echelon 8 before I have to expand the roster). Also have a M2HB lvl 1 dupe I'm holding onto until I can get that one to 70 and by then I'll have gotten another for getting her dummy linked.

    Also here is the list of the guns that I've found, so if one hasn't invested in any of these too heavily, it's probably worth holding off maybe. Granted with some, that is pretty easy to do.
    1-3: Type64 lvl 10 SMG (2x link)
    1-6: OTs-12 lvl 15 AR (2x link) *I'm a bit bitter that I happened to dump 10 combat reports on this on, upside I haven't dummy linked it yet.
    2-5: StG44 lvl 20 AR (2x link)
    2-3E: FF FN-49 lvl 35 RF (3x link) *I have this one at lvl 37, but as a 2* it's only so bad, even if all I get is one dummy. I'm pretty sure she isn't worth duping.
    3-2: SV-98 lvl 35 RF (3x link)
    3-5: Tokarev lvl 40 HG (3x link)
    3-2E: LWMMG lvl 50 MG (3x link)
    3-4E: Micro Uzi lvl 50 SMG (3x link)
    4-1: C96 lvl 40 HG (3x link)
    4-3: MP5 lvl 50 SMG (3x link) *actually bumped this one to level 6, probably on auto battle. So glad I haven't invested much in her and have been dismantling her dupes. In hindsight I might want to consider dismantling this one as well.
    4-5: M1918 lvl 55 MG (3x link)
    4-3E: M500 lvl 60 SG (3x link)
    4-4E: SAA lvl 65 HG (3x link) *actually got this on Friday, was going to level it up and happened to find a preview video of the upcoming client. So she's being mothballed for now.
    5-2: SPAS-12 lvl 65 SG (3x link)
    5-4: Springfield lvl 70 RF (4x link) *was hoping this would drop for me soon, since I have her special ammo. Now, I need to figure out what rifle I should try to farm up be number four after M14, SVD & K31 cause it's probably going to be a bit till this drops

    There is also going to be a shit ton of cores, combat reports, capsules and various pieces of gear handed out (various pieces are going to be 3* & 4*). So this is going to be a god send for brand new players and those of us still in the newbie spot. Also makes some stuff much more accessible, like night battles. Caveat being, though unlikely as it is, that something gets changed for the English client.

    Also, I'm just short a SG and levels when it comes to having a good SG comp. I have the following machine guns: M2HB lvl 55, M1919A1 lvl 29 & 0-2 runs netted me my first PK today, which is now lvl 16 (yay 7th echelon in auto battles). Figure my lvl 31 Gr MK23 will work great as the support handgun, though I do have a lvl 18 Jericho, but that would require having 2 SG to make full use of her tiles and not pitting the group against enemy comps that can live long enough to clear the empty lane. Also think if I get another solid SG, I'll probably want to sideline M1919A1, given that her tile buff won't be used in the comp I'm thinking of having. Probably should consider farming 2-4N for M1918's special gear, given that I'll be getting her for free at some point.

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    i don't believe feeding a linked tdoll will be different than using an unlinked but i have never actually tried it because why

    General_ArmchairRanlin
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Guess I'll give it a try once I get a few other dolls leveled. It's not like I'm losing a ton using one of my P38 dupes, a 2* doll that probably isn't worth having an extra copy of. Not sure why I leveled up two. Granted that's probably going to be a few weeks because even with 0-2 unlocked, that's still a slow grind.

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I'll second that I'm 95% certain that feeding linked dolls to another doll counts the same as feeding an unlinked doll. The same for fairies.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Ranlin
  • AstoriaAstoria Stuck in Gacha Hell Registered User new member
    Hey y'all, I noticed some really in depth and interesting conversation going here that the GFL subreddit seems to lack. Hope you don't mind if I joined in every once in a while as a relative newbie!

    A bit more on topic, I'm finding that raising a second echelon to level 90 is taking much longer than usual. I started out in May this year and scraped together a 5x night ARSMG team in time for Cube+, but since then my motivation has kinda slipped. I have a bunch of units in the 70-80s range and I heard Singularity requires 5 full 5x linked echelons to complete (with 3 of those being ARSMG echelons). Given that Singularity also features night maps, I'm starting to wonder if I should prioritize building a second ARSMG echelon (and raising a second Groza) instead of giving my RFHG team that last push to level 90.

  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    the gfl subreddit basically died as a useful source of discussion way early on when the mods didn't take any action to curtail fanart posting and even when they did it was too little, too late

    sorry i just had to get that off my chest because i'm still annoyed that people were like "well people are gonna post fanart no matter what!!" when there was already a subreddit for that and also other game subreddits managed to limit fanart posting and still encourage discussion

    anyways back on topic you're probably still going to need an HGRF team because manticores/hydras are probably still best tackled with RFs for now imo

    AstoriaRanlinHades
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    edited October 14
    My experience thus far as a newbie, is that the 2nd team is probably the roughest to level, if you aren't shuffling gear around. All the good gear is of course going to go to the main echelon and that means any calibrated or enhanced gear, which is going to be 5*, is also going to be on that team. Then the way the story maps are setup and friend echelons being finite, you're probably going to have some of the second squad build up to the point, where it make little since to mix and match it with the first echelon after it hits 90. Also at this point you probably don't have the greatest setup for 0-2 runs. So you end up muddling along until it hits 90. This was pretty much my experience.

    I don't have a third echelon fully linked, but I'm in the process of getting my first handgun and second rifle to 90. Probably will need to two more SMGs, another handgun and another AR up to 90 before singularity, so I can field three teams at any given time on a single map. I've accepted that for the first and second event, I'm probably going to have to adjust teams as I go through maps. Having 0-2 unlocked and guns able to run lower dolls through it helps, but it's still slow going. Even with using auto battles on the side to jump start some guns. Anyways, are you sure people aren't saying you need 5 fully linked teams for ranking? I got the impression that outside of the top 100 stuff, if you make it into the top 50%, you're getting most everything. Seems like the bigger thing is going to be, can you field the needed teams after mixing and matching what you have? 2RF2SMG1HG teams aren't exactly most optimal, but they are functional.

    Finally, we might luck out. If the new client drops at the start or before the singularity. Just going through the story will net a ton of cores, capsules & combat reports; especially, if you already have the full AR team. Then you get a healthy amount of 3* and 4* pieces. I still have guns in my first echelon that are using 3* pieces, granted today it's now two pieces. Every echelon after that is in a sorrier state for gear. It gets worse when night gear gets brought up because I only have two 4* ones and the rest is 3*. At a glance, it looked like someone could outfit a whole team with mostly 4* pieces for either day or night battles. Then figure you'll get whatever heavy construction throws your way and the few decent pieces out of regular gear crafting. Plus, you are getting several guns that have been leveled and partially linked outside of the AR team. When I was reading through the information, it sounded like a new player could get a fully linked team in about 4 hours. Probably enough cores, capsules and reports for someone that already has a fully linked echelon to put together a brand new echelon. The only two down sides are that you have to redo all the chapters (which is only so bad for some, but I know others will find that tedious as all hell) and all the free guns have level one skills. So lack of data will continue to be a bane for many. My hope is that the new client drops before the event.

    BTW @General_Armchair thanks for linking the voodoo recipes. Even if they are a little more expensive, the results are much better than the recommended recipes. The results are still kind of all over the place, but seems like that yields far more 3* & 4* gear than the recommended recipes. So I'm getting more gear that is either an improvement for a gun or that will have an noticeable impact on the few gold pieces that I'm enhancing.

    Also for data farming, is there an ideal basic comp to go with for that. My best ARSMG setup gets me 212 basic data, 94 intermediate data and 42 advance data. I'm wondering if there something I should shoot for to improve my returns or if it's just a matter of getting better gear, more levels and more skill training.

    Mill on
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    For data farming, 4MGs and a HG is probably ideal, you can't miss any shots iirc.

    That said, the maximum for each is like 220, 100 and 50 I think, assuming you killed it literally instantly, which is impossible. So there's not actually a lot of improving to worry about for you, already.

  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Astoria wrote: »
    Hey y'all, I noticed some really in depth and interesting conversation going here that the GFL subreddit seems to lack. Hope you don't mind if I joined in every once in a while as a relative newbie!

    A bit more on topic, I'm finding that raising a second echelon to level 90 is taking much longer than usual. I started out in May this year and scraped together a 5x night ARSMG team in time for Cube+, but since then my motivation has kinda slipped. I have a bunch of units in the 70-80s range and I heard Singularity requires 5 full 5x linked echelons to complete (with 3 of those being ARSMG echelons). Given that Singularity also features night maps, I'm starting to wonder if I should prioritize building a second ARSMG echelon (and raising a second Groza) instead of giving my RFHG team that last push to level 90.

    Given that the night ARs don't do that great during the day, but better daytime ones do well enough at night I don't think I'd level any night AR dupes, even Groza. At least not so early on.

    I'd probably vote for RFHG team next as well, particularly if you have some of the better general purpose ones. Then a second ARSMG team.

    Astoria
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    For data farming, 4MGs and a HG is probably ideal, you can't miss any shots iirc.

    That said, the maximum for each is like 220, 100 and 50 I think, assuming you killed it literally instantly, which is impossible. So there's not actually a lot of improving to worry about for you, already.

    4 MG, 1 HG is the standard way to go about doing the data sims. However for basic training the very best times are accomplished by some high FP rifles since the target is so weak that the spike damage from their shots gets the job done faster than the higher DPS from the MGs. It doesn't really matter much at all in terms of differing payout though, and basic data is the least useful type of data.


    Ranlin wrote: »
    Astoria wrote: »
    Hey y'all, I noticed some really in depth and interesting conversation going here that the GFL subreddit seems to lack. Hope you don't mind if I joined in every once in a while as a relative newbie!

    A bit more on topic, I'm finding that raising a second echelon to level 90 is taking much longer than usual. I started out in May this year and scraped together a 5x night ARSMG team in time for Cube+, but since then my motivation has kinda slipped. I have a bunch of units in the 70-80s range and I heard Singularity requires 5 full 5x linked echelons to complete (with 3 of those being ARSMG echelons). Given that Singularity also features night maps, I'm starting to wonder if I should prioritize building a second ARSMG echelon (and raising a second Groza) instead of giving my RFHG team that last push to level 90.

    Given that the night ARs don't do that great during the day, but better daytime ones do well enough at night I don't think I'd level any night AR dupes, even Groza. At least not so early on.

    I'd probably vote for RFHG team next as well, particularly if you have some of the better general purpose ones. Then a second ARSMG team.

    I'll second going for an RFHG team as team number 2. Together, an ARSMG and RFHG team can handle pretty much whatever gets thrown at it. For most fights it may not matter which one that you use, but it's nice to have the appropriate answer for a threat so that you're not just stonewalled when your other teams aren't strong enough to just brute force through an unfavorable matchup.


    ARSMG teams are so popular for DD since well built ARSMG teams with all of the bells and whistles are strong enough to brute force through most of the armored units that are in play at this point in time, and they're naturally the preferred formation for dealing with evasive targets and swarms.

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Astoria
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, seems like intermediate is the most important one to farm, with advance being a little less useful. Guns need less of it and I get the hunch that fully maxed out skills are more a nice thing to have than being absolutely critical. At this point I have SOPMOD at level 10 to ease 0-2 runs (probably a fair bit of overkill, but it still helps when I'm going for later maps. Also have G41 maxed out because I'm going to use her to bully bosses later this week, might as well improve her ability to kill them more quickly. G11 will probably be the next one to get a skill leveled to max. Basic is fairly easy to farm up, but I'm still in the stages where I have a decent number of guns worth raising, that still need their quota of basic data. Luckily, since I'm close to getting the max anyways, it's not too hard to farm up a decent bit for what I need, while still mostly burning my attempts on intermediate in order to stock up on intermediate data.

  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, seems like intermediate is the most important one to farm, with advance being a little less useful. Guns need less of it and I get the hunch that fully maxed out skills are more a nice thing to have than being absolutely critical.

    That depends on the skill. For the majority of skills, it's not that important. But a few examples of where it is absolutely important to get a SL 10 skill, or at least step foot into spending advanced data with SL 9, are G11 (whose skill jumps from x2 hits per attack to x3 at SL9), the Illumination Fairy (whose skill's illumination range jumps from 1 to 2 at SL10), and the Paradrop fairy (whose skill's range jumps to global at SL10).

    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I seem to recall reading that you also need more total intermediate data to max everything as well, than the other two.

    Or maybe they just meant you'd spend more energy on the data you need than the other two? I forget now.

  • AstoriaAstoria Stuck in Gacha Hell Registered User new member
    I think my rationale was that night ARs would be an investment that would remain viable longer term. Singularity’s shift to more armored enemies means that top daytime RoF ARs like G11 are going to drop in performance from now on. But it’s reassuring to hear that working on the RFHG echelon next is the better choice- ends up being less work since they’re closer together in level, heh.

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    To get a character from lvl 1 skill to max
    1-4
    lvl 2 100 data
    lvl 3 200 data
    lvl 4 300 data

    For a grand total of 600 basic data. A fully linked echelon seems like it can get you over 200 basic data for combat sim attempt and also seems like everything else that throws free data at you gives you lots of this data.

    4-8
    lvl 5 120 data
    lvl 6 200 data
    lvl 7 300 data
    lvl 8 400 data

    For a grand total of 1020 intermediate data. Per energy spent in the combat training, seems like you'll get about a quarter of this data than you would had you done basic data stuff. For instance 12 energy is doable per day. So if you did 12 basic data runs perfectly, that would get you 2640 basic data. 12 sim energy would only get you 6 attempts at intermediate, netting 600 data.

    lvl 9 200 data
    lvl 10 300 data

    For a grand total of 500 advance data. You get much less of this, but on the other hand you need less of it to level stuff up. Granted a perfect run of the day using 12 energy is only going to get you 200.

    On that note, for guns seeing regular use. What level should I shot for on average before working on the next one's skills?

  • RendRend Registered User regular
    What is a good arsmg comp for brute forcing armor? Currently my team does NOT seem very good at it

Sign In or Register to comment.