As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Got my 4th 5* slugs today. I don’t have a 5* exo, only 2 5* crit scopes and hv ammo, one cape, one suppressor. But I have 5 red dots and 4 slugs. The rng, it is cruel.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    With DJMax coming next week, figured I'd drop some of the tweets here.

This is the list of limited drops. None of these of worth duping; however, if you aren't a duper, need something for a niche use or are lacking in units for isomer, then there are some that are worth considering if you don't have them.

TAC-50 best bamboo in the game and worth having if you want something to delete bosses. She is particularly good against obnoxious bosses she is able to one shot, ideally getting you through the fight with minimum annoyance. Though the trick will be getting the echelon to said boss if you are limited on units, trying for S rank, have limited turns to complete the map or some combo of these.

SRS is a good alternative to lee & M14mod.

PP-19 is a solid SMG grenadier if you need another one.

Thunder, IIRC she has HG team use as the dps, but we have Python now.

The rest are good if you need to fill out your pokedex. Though I suppose A-91 has dorm value for be hilarious in there.

The exchange shot stuff. I gather Fail is only really good if you have a limited roster due to just starting or bad luck. Non dupers might have a use for her as well, big issue is her skill. She'd probably work great in an echelon where you only really want the handgun for the tile buffs, but right now SGMG teams have fallen out of favor because she'd be great in those. I'm not seeing much on dolls, from what I've seen most rate them as "eh." I checked the wiki and the exchange shop ones look like they could be pains in the butt in regards to skill usage. I get the impression the buffs aren't really worth it from the skills.
    Suee
    I Want you (Consumes 3 Support Order points)
    Throws down flower on an adjacent random empty battlefield node, when friendly echelon fights on top of the flowered node they will receive small bonuses to crit rate, damage, accuracy evasion and armor.

Preiya & Camilla
    Oblivion (Consumes 1 Support Order points)
    Produce grounds with combat effects in the next fight. Friendly units standing on red grounds will have damage and accuracy increase by 30%, but suffer 20% armor and evasion penalties. Standing on yellow grounds will have armor and evasion increase by 30%, but suffer 20% damage and accuracy penalties. Skill lasts 30 seconds

That said, you get three copies of them off the shop. So for new commanders or people with few 3* fairies, they might be worth getting because once you raise them to lvl 40, I do believe you can get them to 3* and just use them as stat sticks.

From what I've read, Clear is a fantastic buffer HG and apparently CN server is only just not getting stuff that could replace her. So you'll want and her speq at a minimum from this event. Again fairy seems to illicit an eh. Her is what her skill does according to the wiki.
    Sehra & Nina
    Ladymade Star (Consumes 1 Support Order points)
    Boosts damage by 20% of all T-dolls in the echelon while dampen accuracy by 10% for all enemy units in the next fight.

Honestly, this one is usable IMO. I don't think you get any extra copies, so she'll need you to sacrifice other fairies to get her more stars and those are fairies you'd likely use on things like parachute. That said, I can see some potential for this fairy in the next theater against striker waves. Your guaranteed at least two uses with it being a one command usage and that assumes you end up using all fairy commands to have taunt on uhlans. More usues if you have an echelon with SGs that makes uhlans a non-issue. Granted other fairies might be a much better option at that point. As for stats, if wiki is correct at 5* (25% crit damage, 15% FP, 40% accuracy and 50% evasion). I'd have to compare things, but I'm really thinking this fairy would actually be useful against striker waves, at least for some. Debuff the accuracy of swap strikers by 10% before 2B reduces it further, then get 20% FP on your own echelon before whatever talent you have kicks in. You might kill the brutes in time to deplete some striker links before they can fire and this might nerf their accuracy enough that the SMGs take very litle damage; especially, if you have their evasion boosted way up.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The roadmap for May was posted the other day. Here it is if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

ddbtxeg9wq0m.jpg

Anniversary goodies, rate ups for pretty much everything, re-runs of cash shop costume bundles, an RNG bundle that contains a costume alongside some other goodies, and a new batch of neural mod upgrades. As of now we only know that SAA is in this batch, and she's a really damn good buffer once she gets the upgrade. *Big Iron plays in the distance*

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Sounds like the HoC rate-up will be setup so that it cycles through the original three every few days. So if you don't have them all at 5*, it'll be a bit easier to pull it off. Still need one more fragment for 2B, I'll see if it shows up as I cut down thins to only 4 sample analyzations a day. I would suggest this is a good time to boost your sample storage to max, now that we have more than a week to prepare. Also if one is way beyond, it might be worth boosting the structure for analyzing samples to max since that'll let you get through more samples in a shorter time.

Also we're apparently getting the best rifle in the game. So that's both really good news, but also some bad news. The good news is it's through another point event, so get enough points and you have her. The bad new is it's another point event, so more being annoyed with having to click lots of likes in dorms. Also since you can only one as of now, you'll need to get 105 cores for her and this is during a time where we get more mods and one of those is definitely worth doing.

As for mods, Mica has mentioned they do what to get the 2nd place finishers from the first batch, that had a vote out. So that probably means there is a good shot of Uzi and G3 being two of the unknown three. Also we're unlikely to get calico, val, mp5 and one other that came out around the same time. So that narrows down the last one, but not by much at all. I'm hoping for LWWMG because I think she'd see some use in the next theater. Barring that, I think I'd prefer any of the other 2* or 3* options because it sounds like most of what we don't have would be useful in some capacity and that probably means we're taking something that is mostly ignored to the useful level.

Oh, and getting the best rifle probably tilts the scales further towards using true mask on a shotgun like SAT 8. Just hold off on burning that true mask if we have a shot at doing the general rate up before it expires.

• Options
    what rifle are we getting? i'm still trying to get more rifles for my rf/hg teams so you've piqued my interest. currently only have m14 who i'm slowly working toward her mod and svd, who i just got 90 and x5 linked today for my normal teams. have grape finished and slowly leveling strawberry as well as m200, but in terms of just normal all purpose rifles it's still sort of dire.

i am being dumb and not just rolling handguns even though i should, i'm over 100k resources but it's not enough to burn down all my contracts during the rate up yet.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Gamepress ran an artile on her. R93

https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/t-doll/r93

She doesn't quite replace grape, since grape has the whole, "if I aim right and it's not elite, I can delete just about anything when I use my skill shot." That said, with her showing up and with grape not being a requirement, just massively convenient. It does make using your core Mask on something else other than grape easily justified.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    neat, r93 seems good. i have a grape tho, i was actually considering doing lee enfield for my true core mask just because it would be the best fit for my team, but i know taking a shotgun is the proper choice even though i've never had the occasion to use one yet.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    If you already have SAT-8, what would be a good second choice? I think I've been pretty lucky on builds so my roster is pretty filled out. Maybe another MG or shotgun?

Spoiler for roster:
    Pistols:
    Grizzly
    Python
    Calico
    Px4 Storm

SMGs:
    UMP45
    Vector
    Thompson
    SR-3MP
    C-MS

ARs:
    AK-12
    Gr G11
    AN-94
    OTs-14
    Gr G41
    AM RFB

Rifles:
    Purple Carcano
    Pink Carcano
    WA2000
    M14 Mod 2
    IWS 2000

MGs:
    MG5
    PK

SGs:

SAT8
    M870

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    If you already have SAT-8, what would be a good second choice? I think I've been pretty lucky on builds so my roster is pretty filled out. Maybe another MG or shotgun?

Spoiler for roster:
    Pistols:
    Grizzly
    Python
    Calico
    Px4 Storm

SMGs:
    UMP45
    Vector
    Thompson
    SR-3MP
    C-MS

ARs:
    AK-12
    Gr G11
    AN-94
    OTs-14
    Gr G41
    AM RFB

Rifles:
    Purple Carcano
    Pink Carcano
    WA2000
    M14 Mod 2
    IWS 2000

MGs:
    MG5
    PK

SGs:

SAT8
    M870

if you don't have her yet i would suggest possibly picking up PKP but you could probably just do MG builds during general rate ups instead

Otherwise you could pick a second SAT-8 because she's just that good

• Options
    FP 6: We don't get many fights where we need two shotguns, but having seen theater for some of the older servers, uhlan waves are still a thing up to at least theater four 4 in core 8. Yes, you could go with taunt fairy but 7+ uhlan waves is a thing that can happen and the double shotgun setup does give you the option of not bothering, freeing up fairy commands for other wave types. Don't know how often we see the need for double shotgun in content outside of theater. FP-6 pretty much lets you put up a shield on her and any units in her column (if she is on 9, then any units on 6 and 3 would get a shield. So she naturally pairs well with SAT 8, if you time things right, you can have almost full uptime on your SGs being shielded. She also has a knockback that triggers when the shields go down, not sure how easy it is to use, but knockbacks are always good for damage mitigation. Hell, this setup is probably good for sending in a SGMG team against a pure street wave, since you can keep the shields up and knock them back maybe, that it won't matter too much if it does take 3 volleys from you MGs, that all have 5* ammo boxes.

KSG: Right now EN is very much in the spot where SAT 8 is the go to SG. That said we are going to start getting stuff later where you'll want KSG as you main SG tank because the setups make her defensive kit more favorable than SAT 8.

Do note, I recommended shotguns over other stuff because spam crafting for them really isn't an option thanks to heavy crafting being so expensive. At max resource capacity, you get something like 37 SG crafts before you run out of resources (technically 37.5, but we have to always round down), where with every other gun you can get well over a hundred crafts during a general rate up. For ex. if you want Grape, you can do 750 rifles crats with max out resources, assuming you have the contracts for it.

Purple Carcano, for reasons that get covered a ton. I'd put her at spot number 4 for anyone that doesn't have her, SAT 8, KSG or FP 6. That said, you already have that one.

M200, we've hit the content area where she is damn useful rifle, but from what I understand she is rare enough to warrant a true core mask use.

Negev, a fairy niche MG, but she is really rare and even though MG crafting is far cheaper than heavy crafting, it is the second most expensive and double that of the third most expensive recipe. PKP is another MG to consider as well because she is part of the big four. I recall what the other 5* was, I think it was MG5, but either 5* MG for the big four is worth a true mask.

Suomi & P90 are SMGs worth considering and also fairly rare. MP7 is probably the better SMG for their niche, but I don't think it wouldn't be that hard to farm her from the singularity maps that drop her. Pretty sure you could use core mask to get her because she is in the heavy construction pool. That said, I would put p90 over Suomi on the priority list, since p90's skill allows for some interesting tricks.

You already have AN-94 and AK-12, but for those that don't have those, they are worth consider and AN-94 is probably a better pick than p90 IMO.

Contender is probably the only HG I would recommend for a core mask use beyond just filling out the pokedex she has some good uses.

If someone has all of those, I guess fill your pokedex and apparently the icon is now in the black market for old servers. So if that proves to be the case for EN and one doesn't need dupes or stuff for the pokedex. I guess use an RNG setup to pick a random 5* to turn into cores. =P

• Options
    Is m200 rare? I’ve gotten 3 this month lol

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Is m200 rare? I’ve gotten 3 this month lol
    She's not particularly rare compared to the really rare dolls, but she is useful.

Spoiler for roster:
    Pistols:
    Grizzly
    Python
    Calico
    Px4 Storm

SMGs:
    UMP45
    Vector
    Thompson
    SR-3MP
    C-MS

ARs:
    AK-12
    Gr G11
    AN-94
    OTs-14
    Gr G41
    AM RFB

Rifles:
    Purple Carcano
    Pink Carcano
    WA2000
    M14 Mod 2
    IWS 2000

MGs:
    MG5
    PK

SGs:

SAT8
    M870

The following is more in general terms things that I'd recommend using a true core mask for.

In no particular order, I think that the following dolls are rare enough that you could justify using a TCM to unlock one since rolling for them can be a real pain.
    • SAT8
    • Purple Carcano
    • AN-94
    • AK-12
    • P90
    • Contender
    • CMS
    • Negev
    • IWS2000
    • Any of the 5* shotguns really

Additional dolls that I think are strong enough to be candidates since they're good dolls that aren't easily substituted in their roles, but I don't think that they're unicorn rare like some of the aforementioned dolls.
    • PKP
    • MG5
    • M200
    • Calico
    • G11

Some honorable mentions that may be worth a few moments of consideration but IMO aren't worth a TCM
    • Suomi is kinda rare, but she's niche. I've gotten use out of her and don't think that she's remotely as bad as people try to make her out to be, but in many contexts MP7 has eclipsed her
    • MP7 fills the same niche as Suomi as a dodge tank built for endurance over long duration fights. I'm not sure how rare that she is to roll though, but she is restricted to heavy production IIRC.
    • G36c is arguably the most well rounded force shield SMG and is pretty rare. However most cases the extremely common Thompson will server just as well. In a few cases Thompson is actually better since we have the means to buff evasion to the point of diminishing returns, yet Thompson has more health than G36c and no amount of fairies and tile buffs will change that.
    • Shrimp is kinda unique as an SMG offtank who uses direct damage rather than some kinda grenade. That's kinda a niche though since often the grenade adds more versatility to the squad and you can fall into a trap of hamstringing your assault rifles to try to maximize Shrimp

Overall though I think that Purple Carcano, SAT8, and Contender are some of the most attractive targets simply because it is hard to substitute them for what they do. What I mean by that is dolls like AN-94 and AK-12 are extremely good ARs, there are lots of good ARs that will likely also be serviceable for the same content even if they won't perform quite as well. Especially when you support them with fairy buffs. But SAT8 pairs shotguns and shields into one package, and shields are getting more useful as paradeus introduces more AOE attacks to the field. Purple Carcano is so good since she has the potential to just yeet high value targets every few seconds. Contender's buff tiles can be contested by other dolls, but her skill's ability to force the squad to focus fire a target is useful for making sure that high value targets get taken down instead of wasting DPS on the cannon fodder. Remember that some people used Contender to help focus the Gundams down in Continuum Turbulence ranking before they could get a chance to AOE the field. These three are IMO attractive enough that I suspect that some people may use their TCM to unlock a duplicate copy of any of them, although perhaps less so with Contender since HG's are one of the default crafting recipes since they're cheap.

I'll also mention the 5* machineguns PKP, MG5, and Negev. Negev is likely the rarest of those three IMO, but her usefulness is really niche. She wants to be used in extended fights, but MG's as a whole want to engage in short sprints before their first magazine runs out. Negev also has value for fights where you want to stack armor to stupid high levels since her buff tiles buff armor, but we don't need to do that very often. PKP and MG5 are part of the big 4 and are some of the best choices for a general purpose MG team. That's kind of muted by the fact that MG teams in general aren't meta at the moment. MG5 also has +armor tiles like Negev does. Demand for MG's may spike again in the future, but I think that the next MG that will make waves from a meta perspective will be Kord thanks to the piercing nature of her attacks.

As for your collection, assuming that you don't want to use duplicates, then I'd probably consider Contender, P90, PKP, or any of the remaining 5* shotguns.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Well I just had the spaghetti code do a very weird thing to me. I fully blame this on planning mode lacking good options to stop it from getting you into combat if you realized that you don't want to proceed.

ey86oneguu6x.jpg

I have to wonder if the bug team will get a good laugh at seeing this because it's pretty absurd. Also no, I didn't get another Sopmod and I don't think I have a bugged out phantom doll in my inventory, but hopefully, they do a thorough check to make sure nothing got loose.

• Options
    So apparently GFL has some kind of collab in the works with some Ubisoft title?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/g7sn3k/sunborn_girls_frontline_announced_upcoming/

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Really wish they'd give us an event where you could throw together a brand spanking new echelon of level 1 units and maybe get 1-3 maps done before the power creep makes them unviable. It's a bit annoying that like ever event needs your units at least lvl 10 or at least enough other units leveled high enough to carry them. So sadly, you really can't use the first event to JS9, unless you want to go with a drag setup that puts her out of range of enemy fire at all times. =/

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Really wish they'd give us an event where you could throw together a brand spanking new echelon of level 1 units and maybe get 1-3 maps done before the power creep makes them unviable. It's a bit annoying that like ever event needs your units at least lvl 10 or at least enough other units leveled high enough to carry them. So sadly, you really can't use the first event to JS9, unless you want to go with a drag setup that puts her out of range of enemy fire at all times. =/

this is why combat reports exist?

• Options
    Yea the tiny bit of xp from these missions doesn't really seem worth it when combat reports and corpse dragging exist.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry I don't quite grasp this grievance here. As far as I'm concerned events aren't the time to be worked up about making sure that every ounce of XP goes towards leveling dolls. The priorities in my eyes are enjoying the story, collecting the guaranteed rewards, and then collecting random rewards. Rather than trying to shoehorn underleveled dolls into your event teams, I'd wager that a more economical use of time would be to just send your pre-built dolls into the event rather than slowing your fights down by dragging around deadweight. There's plenty of time to efficiently level dolls once you're done with the event content.

I guess a completely fledgling new player might appreciate being able to curve-out with their starting dolls in an event, but the newer style of events with normal and hard modes should be pretty easily cleared by them. We usually get 3-4 weeks to clear these events, which is enough to clear chapter 6 which should provide enough of a power boost for a new player to clear normal mode. The fact that the first few missions of the event can be pushed over by fresh unleveled dolls just ensures that newbies can clear their dailies over the course of the event.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Eh, I just sort of see it as a waste because more often than not, people are going to grab a high lvl AR or two and just quickly clear it. Just saying as a veteran player, it would be nice if I had the option to throw together some sub-lvl 10 units to get them some exp for a stage or two that only really have value in unlocking the story and the clear rewards.

• Options
    Eh, I just sort of see it as a waste because more often than not, people are going to grab a high lvl AR or two and just quickly clear it. Just saying as a veteran player, it would be nice if I had the option to throw together some sub-lvl 10 units to get them some exp for a stage or two that only really have value in unlocking the story and the clear rewards.

but that's the entire reason it's basically a waste of time to set up to do those missions with a low level echelon?? you would gain like maybe a level or two off doing a story stage you likely are going to clear once and never going to do again. unless you specifically are farming for the limited drop tdoll, then maybe there's very marginal value in slapping some level 10 tdolls to go with the level 100 AR you're using to clear in which case....congrats...you're just corpse dragging and you could do that much easier and faster in the maps that are optimized for it

• Options
    You've run into a problem where you're not seeing the forest through the trees. You're seeing "wasted" exp, but these low level maps reward next to nothing for EXP in the first place. Remember how obnoxious it was to level up your first 5x linked echelon? How you had to slowly ratchet up the difficulty by grinding up incrementally through maps like 4-3e and 5-4 to slowly increase your exp gains? The whole point of corpse dragging is to skip that nonsense and jump straight to having a high level doll carry lowbies through high level maps with higher exp payouts. The song and dance to resupply only one doll is just gravy on top.

You're seeing wasted EXP when you send a level 100 doll to solo the zone, so you're trying to level some dolls by having them fight content that they're level appropriate to clear. But you shouldn't want to do that because it's slow and inefficient. Instead, when you send a level 100 doll to solo the zone, you should be seeing the time and resources that you've saved by not bothering to juggle lowbies through the zone. Then you can take the time and resources that you've saved to do a run of 0-2 and walk away with way more EXP than you would have gotten spending those resources or micromanaging your teams in the low zones.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So I'm going to suggest a few tweaks to the EX 2-3 because it's a pain in the ass; especially, since you need to kill the boss 6 times to get the reward. As I mentioned, repeated boss kills tend to make you really dislike stuff even more that was semi-bad and especially, the design that was bad.

-Forget about S-Ranking the map. You'll hit several enemy echelons where the jaegers are in firing range of 8, 5 and 2. So this means your tanks are going to take big hits of damage regardless of what you do, short of taunt fairy, but IMO they don't really have a setup where you can run a one size fits all echelon to deal with jaegers echelons, the lone zombie echelon and then fail.

-If you run a SGMG echelon, I'd suggest airstrike with SL10. You don't need it for the first three enemy echelons you fight, not unless the third one does tons of damage to your SG tank. You'll probably want it for the two echelons that have brutes and you definitely want it for the zombie echelon.

-Once you cap the heliport, engage the enemy echelon next to it. Then spawn in an echelon you put together to kill the boss. I wouldn't spawn it in place of your dummy echelon because the dummy will save you some rations and this sets you up better if you decide the wave tactic against the boss. Before moving further, switch this echelon with you current combat echelon (be that SGMG or ARSMG), resupply and likely repair. Then switch back move it to the zombie echelon. If you run with SGMG you really want to use airstrike since then will speed things up and leave your units in better shape for the second brute echelon. Also if you run with a semi-tanky hg, you do have the option of moving it to 8 or 2 to cover a MG. I tried with M1911 Mod 3 but not sure it did much for me over having a different HG. Once zombie is dead, move the boss echelon up as much as you can, which is only one node. If you did go with airstrike and can spare the fairy commands, I'd suggest airstrike, IIRC that brute wave had jaegers. ARSMG might be in pretty shape at this point, but SGMG is probably hurting a little and the brutes are going to suck. End turn, then all you need to do is move your anti-el fail team in for the kill. This also gives you the option to do suicide rush because you'll have a turn to run in again if the whole echelon dies on el fail, but hopefully, that doesn't happen.

-Premier flagship ARSMG of M4, STAR 15, AN-94, Vector and UMP45 is better used to defend your command post. With the tweak I suggested, you'll have to fight two waves. If you suicide rush or mess up in some other way, you'll have to fight 3+. Zombie are just tedious, lots of health, lots of them and they take fucking forever to kill.

-I didn't try a wave with RFB, but if you go with ARSMG against fail, I'd suggest you bring her if she is leveled and put her skill on manual for striker clean up. If you go HGRF, I'd suggest Welrod, Grizzly and Calico as your HGs. Then Probably use your general rifles, but go with the mix of one being FP and the other being RoF. Ideally, you want to use the RoF rifle to kill strikers, but retargeting is pain in the ass. A good chunk of this is because you can't lock the screen and that will sometimes get dragged instead. The rest is because whichever dev(s) that got enamored with how players figured out how to change targeting, still haven't grasped that the method is rather half baked because the game really isn't designed for it. I've had issues with trying to move Wa and the game not letting me click her and it's not grabbing the screen either. I'd almost suggest IWS or M200 because they'll target the strikers without needing you to fiddle around, but IMO they are too slow at killing them. That said it is an option. I'd suggest going with either taunt or twin. From what I hear, twin works much better because taunt goes down pretty quick.

But seriously, if you're struggling on other EX maps, don't follow the guide to the letter because you'll be miserable. The guide is suggesting the quickest route to getting the map done, which is just 2 combat echelons instead of three, one of which is going through two echelons of Jaegers that spawn within firing range, a big ass pack of zombies and a boss. If you bank on having to repair, you're already not getting S-Rank and adding one more turn and another echelon isn't that bad.

Bonus, I wish I had Jericho raised to complete viability. Mine lacks a link and is SL1. Then had SAT 8/FP 6 and maybe Saiga fully raised. When I was fighting the zombies in EX 2-1, I had to wonder how well a setup of 2 MGs, Jericho, SAT 8/FP 6 and Saiga would work against those. Your MGs are reloading whether you like it or not. Either SAT 8 or FP 6 could gives the frontline more HP via shields and if you use FP 6, that opens the options of knocking shit back. Saiga would bring some nice burst that could be handy. Then since everything has to reload, you could get some value from Jericho's skill. Only issue is how you deal with zombies waves that have stuff traveling on the bottom row. You options are either move Jericho down and have her eat damage or try to juggle your SG on 6 between 6 and 9 so that you effectively trap stuff. I don't know if this would be anymore effective than standard SGMG, on par or worse. Really hinges on whether Jericho's skill would boost things enough, along with two SG tiles buffs to offset having one less MG.

• Options
    got extremely lucky with like a run 10 SRS, now to never farm anything else in this event because the maps are awful.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RNG is freaking toying with me since I've rolled Thunder twice now and I've been putting the bare minimum in for my dailies so far. It's like, come on game. I already have her at 5x. Why can't you do that for a doll that I need or at least do that for someone else that needs her?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Link to a list of the Q&A stuff that was answered for this month.

-I'll need to track down the stuff for the new quests, but seems like we might get those soon if there are no compatibility issues with the current client.
    -So we might not be getting Micro Uzi and G3 next month. Makes me wonder what criteria they use for determining mod batches, since SAA, G3 & Micro Uzi are all different rarities, they clearly don't factor that in. Though they didn't deny we wouldn't get all three, nor that we'd only get SAA from the 2nd place finishers. That said, if we don't get G3, Micro Uzi or both in May, figure the next batch after may will very likely have a 2nd place finisher.
    -They do have plans to speed up mod batch releases. Here I was thinking, maybe I'll finally have to run defense drills, but guess I'll be running neural cloud corridor everyday that isn't data day. I was going to finish off modding IDW before May's, I'm completionist when it comes to mods, but debating if I should hold off now. Granted don't think her mod 2 or mod 3 would set me that far back on memory fragments, given she was originally a 2*.

Also according to people on reddit, JP server is getting the maintenance reward that the old servers get, which is resources x1000 and 10 tokens. So we might be seeing that implemented for EN soon, given that JP is the newest server and EN is the only server on the old resources x500. Granted, wasn't complaining about the maintenance rewards to begin with, but I'll gladly take a newer shinier reward that gives doubles the resources and adds 10 tokens to the deal.

• Options
    I've bumped into the storage cap for HOC data samples in preparation for the rate up. Over the past few days I must've unlocked 7-10 data samples for AGS30 and 2B14. Both of which are 5*. Meanwhile I haven't gotten any more for BGM-71, who is lagging behind.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    do we know what days the various rate ups are going to be?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Ouch, I had the opposite problem for a bit where BGM was 5* and the game kept giving data for her. Just got AGS to 5* last week and hit 5* on 2B today. Wish the game would give the BGM data I've gotten all this week and like last week to people that actually needed.

Anyways, did some math for the HOC stuff, since that's going to help people determine how much they should invest in the analyzer once they have maxed out storage, this assumes other stuff is maxed. So assuming max storage capacity reach in the structure, but not counting the buffer that can't store 3 days worth of samples or shenanigans that put people over the storage cap. You'll 50 quick analysis tickets to clear out the pure samples from there. Storage then holds another 3600 original samples, this will take 180 quick analysis tickets to clear. So that a grand total of 230 quick analysis tickets needed just to clear storage and assuming it's at max capacity without going over. I don't think that's possible, I'm sitting at 141 quick analysis tickets currently. I doubt anyone currently playing happened to mix the last HoC rate-up and likely depleted their tickets like I did. Now there is a fair bit of YMMV here because that was during CT, so some got more tickets from crates than I did, while others got equal or less. Expeditions can also rewards tickets, so some probably got more from there than me, while others got less. IIRC I want to say tickets part of the ranking reward, but I might be misremembering there and I'm too lazy to check. Also I know I've missed at least one day of quests and might have missed more. Also I suppose it's possible for some differences to around because of achievement progress. So assuming full depletion of tickets during the last rate-up, I suppose someone could be sitting on 30 more tickets than me. I'm willing to bet that when the rate-up rolls around, even the person in the best case scenario is going to be somewhere in the area of being 80ish short of using tickets to nuke there entire storage area.

Also if you're at cap, this means, you have the option of keeping three days worth of samples in the buffer. You'd need 9 tickets to clear out the pure samples and 22 tickets to clear original samples, with 10 original samples left. I would suggest that people avoid this, if they don't have really, really good time management skills or are in a position where they can guarantee that overcapping is avoided. If you over cap that's 2.5 original sample analysis runs lost, which isn't a huge deal given how crap the returns are, even during rate up, let alone outside of it, but where this hurts is you lose a pure sample analysis run. The chance at HoC data outside of rate up for a single pure analysis run is high enough that you're shooting yourself in the foot, if you overcap and this is before we get into the less prized chance at 5* chips. I'd say don't have more than 2 days of samples in the buffer if you can't manage the time juggling to avoid overcapping because the loss of pure sample sis going to hurt and even original samples are doing something for you, even if it's not a rate up when analyzed.

In addition, you'll have the daily quests and if you have a ton of discipline, the weekly quest ready to go on the first day you want HoC data. Throw in possible samples from expeditions and I wouldn't be surprised if anniversary crates also drop samples. Pretty much, it's safe to say that people are going to be well short on quick analysis tickets for nuking samples during the rate up period. The only question then becomes how many times do you have to analyze samples on the timer? There are three variable to consider. First is the level of your analyzer, the higher it is the more you can get through without tickets. If someone is at storage cap, probably safe to assume it's at lvl 6. At level 6, you can get through 7 batches every 5 hours and 36 minutes (about 28 a day, technically more, but things like sleep matter). Lvl 7 gets you 32, lvl 8 gets you 36 and lvl 9 gets you 40. Honestly, timewise, I'm assuming you're getting the same number of queue up times because the time difference isn't much. Granted you might be able to easily squeeze in one more queue time at lvl 9. Where the time saving is noticeable is lvl10, where the timer is 2 hours. So you can probably get 70-90 batches done in a single day. IMO in most cases, this is probably overkill. The one scenario where it might not be, is if you're only way behind on one HoC of the original three. Sure iterations are nice, but you likely want them all at 5*. The next variable is how many tickets you have. Finally, the last one is how badly has RNG hosed you on raising rarity of your HoCs and is it equal amounts. Depending on how they set things up, if your way behind on only one, lvl 10 analyzer might be the best option because you want all your samples done during the days that HoC is up. If it's fairly even or their all 5*, then lvl 8 or 9 is probably good enough. You don't need it all done in just two days, but you do want all samples you saved, along with ones acquired during rate up to be used at that time. Sure after rate up, lvl 7 onwards is overkill, but I think those levels exist for rate up purposes.

Edit: don't know what I thought I only had 118 tickets.

Mill on
  • Options
    Don't know if everyone saw the interview they did for the 2nd anniversary. Though could have sworn they were suppose to do one for the 1 million player count. IMO the mousepads they show at the end are rather cringy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF--_84ln14

So one thing that jumped out at me watching this, is that we're going to get some sort of fairy rework in the future, but it won't encompass all fairies. From what I understand, both from reading and experience. When such a rework rolls through, Taunt, Twin, Combo, Paradrop and illumination are likely to be left untouched because they see plenty of use. Airstrike is a weird spot because I gather it sees much less use on the older servers, since so much stuff can shrug off 500 damage easily, so it may or may not see tweaks. The designer mentioned that seldom used fairies are the prime candidates, so Sniper, Defense and Rocket fairies will likely see a rework when it happens, since those are mostly considered fodder tier and they are losing that role now that prototype exists (just don't know when EN sees those show up). I'm curious if they have any plans for Command and Rescue because are also in a weird spot, they'll see use if someone has a need for their niche, but IMO they are probably too niche and would benefit from their skill also contributing to combat in some small way.

I also have to wonder if such a rework would include fairy talents because last I checked, over half of the talents might as well not exist. If someone has it on a fairy with such talents, it's because they either lack calibration tickets or the fairy isn't a priority for heavy resources investment. For example, my collab fairy that was a clear reward has sturdy, not by choice and it'll be stuck with that for quite some time. Even though I think that fairy would be useful against theater striker waves, I'm thinking that would be more for people that have just started and done spend tons of resources on fairy crafting. Anyways, I've only really seen five talent get thrown out as being worth a damn. DMG I, which will get dropped for the best two talents, but is settled for as a stop gap since on lower rarity fairies, it has a far better uptime with the higher proc chance. Then you have both Fervor an DMG II being the preferred talents that people want on 4* and 5* fairies. Next you have Armor II, which is very niche and only really sought after for armor fairies intended to be used against things like Judge. Sometimes people will seek out for an artillery fairy dupe. Finally, I gather for some reason people seek out Critical II, I'm guessing for something to balance out Storm's downside if they don't have 5-7, though this one seems pretty rare and super niche. Pretty much there are only really two talents that people want in most situations, a third talent that is mostly a stop gap and then a fourth and fifth that are used in very niche situations. If I were the devs I wouldn't be happy with this at all. In some ways, there is a pretty solid argument for just trimming things down DMG II, which you'd probably just call damage, Fervor and Armor II, which would just be armor. Maybe keep critical II, but just call it critical. I mean they could try to come up with new talents, but I doubt it's worth the effort given how talents are essentially a passive buff.

• Options
    So one thing that jumped out at me watching this, is that we're going to get some sort of fairy rework in the future, but it won't encompass all fairies. From what I understand, both from reading and experience. When such a rework rolls through, Taunt, Twin, Combo, Paradrop and illumination are likely to be left untouched because they see plenty of use. Airstrike is a weird spot because I gather it sees much less use on the older servers, since so much stuff can shrug off 500 damage easily, so it may or may not see tweaks. The designer mentioned that seldom used fairies are the prime candidates, so Sniper, Defense and Rocket fairies will likely see a rework when it happens, since those are mostly considered fodder tier and they are losing that role now that prototype exists (just don't know when EN sees those show up). I'm curious if they have any plans for Command and Rescue because are also in a weird spot, they'll see use if someone has a need for their niche, but IMO they are probably too niche and would benefit from their skill also contributing to combat in some small way.

I feel like the Command fairy and rescue fairy are some of the most useful ones Their passive stat boosts are pretty impressive. Their skills don't see any applicable use during ranking events, but that's valuable in its own right since that preserves fairy commands for the fairies whose skills that you do want to activate. On top of that their skills are damn useful for grinding in the time period between events.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    IIRC both have a skill cost of 1. So a small boost, could give them some theater viability, where the player is likely to have 2 points to spare anyways. It would also be a handy bone for new players, where either the only fairy they have is command or they have to use one fairy as a pure stat stick for the few echelons they can boost. Honestly, if they are looking into those two, I'd hope it would be something simple like a boost to their damage, but small enough that they don't outright replace any fairy skills. Like I said it's kind of in a weird spot. On further thought, I don't think either Fury or Warrior are worth duping, which would be the fairies they'd likely compete with if they were given a small in combat boost attached to skill usage. So this might not be a huge threat to fairy commands, if someone wants to save them, since any echelon in ranking that uses them is either one commanded by a player with few options or in cases of veterans commanders, it's a second string echelon. So there would be some value in having the option to boost damage output if the need arrives (might not be enough in all cases).

Command is probably in the weirder spot. Yes, it can be great for grinding, but you run into the issue where once it hits lvl 100, it's going to be mothballed by most players, unless they need it for stat stick purposes in a an event or on new maps. Not because they think it's crap, but rather a result of only be able to have one fairy on an echelon at a time and if someone is grinding up levels, they probably want to equip non-lvl 100 fairies over using combat reports; especially, with HoCs needing a ton of special combat reports. So players that would really benefit from the skill, kind of can't make great use of it for bulk of what it's designed for because of the limits on fairies.

Rescue, well it could be argued if it provided the smallest combat skill boost, people would complain much less about it because they wouldn't be able to argue that it does nothing. I'd say, the larger flaw with it's skill, is that regardless of how much it does, the player really can't tell because it's likely always going to be arcane to them in regards to drop rates. Not to mention, sometimes what someone wants to farm is in a pain in the butt map, so more damage could make the map less awful.

Still, really curious as to what fairies have made it to the list of "we probably should rework these because no one really uses them." Sniper, Rocket and Defense are the easy one's to guess, but I kind of doubt they limit themselves to just those three. There are more than just those three that probably aren't used as much as the devs would like. Then of course, the question comes down to how niche they want fairies to be, I do believe construction, reinforcement, shield, armor and landmine are considered niche uses, are they fine with them being niche and if they are fine with niche, how far is too far on niche? I'd hazard they'll likely leave lackluster collab fairies alone, unless they do a collab rerun and feel like making those better. Ranking reward fairies are another interesting group here because I could see how that might go either way. On one hand, like collab fairies, they might not want to have any of them be meta in a way that they become required because then that forces them to either nerf them, make a crafted fairy that eats at their uniqueness or try to rerun the event earlier than they'd like. On the other hand, unlike collabs, as long as the company and game still exist, there is nothing to stop doing a rerun or making the fairy available in some other way. Though I strongly suspect, a fairy revamp is probably just going to focus on the crappiest crafted fairies. Looking at what we have, say the following are probably worth considering as possible candidates. Starting from the worst.

Rocket: Everything I've seen about this fairy just makes it sound extremely awful. Doesn't work on bosses, costs 10 commands, apparently doesn't immediately attack enemies (I assume this means it starts firing the next turn? If so, that's awful since you're planting it on a node and it what you want to hit could scurry out of range) and an odd stat choice selection.

Sniper: I've seen cases where it has some very niche use, I do recall one of those was quickly killing certain bosses like M16, but boss HP keeps going up, so that niche is disappearing for current content. Doesn't have great stats either. On the other hand, at least it's not rocket fairy, also can maybe justify some investment in it.

Barrier: I know she is new, but when you get an idea of how she works, well she is just terrible. You only get shields for stuff that has armor, which isn't to bad, but you only get the shield once per battle and the power of the shield is based on the armor value of the doll it's shielding. So you get it on M16, if the sources I checked had the correct information, she gets a total of 31 armor from the armor plates and her speq combined. So she gets a 31hp shield once, which is really terrible when you think about and IIRC that is too far behind the armor that SGs have. Honestly, she might be one of the easier to fix fairies. Either boost the shield strength and/or have it get reapplied ever X seconds for Y duration (this could be indefinite). Though worth keeping in mind she is only really new for EN, old servers have had her long enough to how "eh" she is.

Defense: I used to consider the worst fairy before barrier came along. A big advantage she has over barrier is that the skill lasts the whole turn, so you can get more mileage. The 30% reduction is only factored in after armor is applied, so it's less useful.

Those four are probably definitely on the radar, though I'd be surprised if they limit things to just those four. This is why I have to wonder if some of the niche fairies are on the radar. If something is too niche and that niche shows up seldom, people aren't going to want to invest in the fairy. If one is doing proper game design, that's probably not desirable, since a fair bit of development resources have already been dumped into the unit. Heck, I seriously doubt they are throwing darts at a dart board for any of the units they make and quite a bit of time is put into skill design, stat distribution and character design. So if a unit might as well not exist, that's resources that could have been better spend elsewhere.

• Options
    Heyyy I got Px4 Storm today, nice. That'll really help my HG setup.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Well I guess HoC rate is only for getting specific HoCs and not an increase in overall HoC data. I guess I'll keep saving up, on the very unlikely chance they change their minds. If nothing else, it's still a good way to get a grasp of how things will work out the next time I save up for an actual data rate up. I can confirm that you bump against the pure sample cap well before you hit the original sample cap. So plan on your four analysis batches of the day to be pure samples for the bulk of the save up period. I tried it where I was only doing original samples, but clearly I should have switched to pure samples 1-3 days earlier.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Knight_ wrote: »
    do we know what days the various rate ups are going to be?
    @Knight_ We do now

3y11xbbnohw1.jpgsb87bnfr98vf.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Blah64Blah64 Registered User regular
    Oh no, gem bonus things are being reset. I guess I'm gonna have a big bill tomorrow 😔

• Options
    Ouch, yeah if you were keen on capitalizing on the first-time purchase bonuses for the gem packs before they reset, then you might want to get on that. They reset them every year. But if you weren't in a rush to buy the gems, I guess contemplate if you really want them?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone should try to maintain a level head and to spend responsibly. These types of phone games are notorious for getting people to open their wallets, but it's important to avoid spending impulsively and to only open your wallet after careful deliberation.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    BTW tomorrow's maintenance compensation is the new resources x1000 and 10 tokens. So will be nice to know that if you collect that reward every maintenance period, you're getting enough base resources for two x500 resource fairy crafts, cores not included, every week and that in a month you're getting 40-50 tokens, how many you get depends on how many Tuesdays there are in the month.

• Options
    BTW tomorrow's maintenance compensation is the new resources x1000 and 10 tokens. So will be nice to know that if you collect that reward every maintenance period, you're getting enough base resources for two x500 resource fairy crafts, cores not included, every week and that in a month you're getting 40-50 tokens, how many you get depends on how many Tuesdays there are in the month.

I'm more excited bout the 520 tokens a year.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I'm more excited bout the 520 tokens a year.

they don't always do maintenance every week though? it's rare because of how many events are going in a given week but some times they skip it

Orphane on
  • Options
    Decided if I could try to figure out the total gem value of the lucky bag, since people are going to have to decide if they want to purchase it or not. I decided to base the values on what people are likely to pay if the first time purchase for gems hadn't be reset. Also going to go with the most efficient gem pricing that three packs have, which is 80 gems for every dollar spent. So you'd need 2400 to equal thirty dollars to break even.

-First we have the 520 gems you get.
    -Next we the 100 tokens, which is 600 gems worth in value.
    -Followed by 1k memory fragments. This one is a bit tricky even if we only assume the purchase of 3 surplus energy a day, given that random nodes are random. We'll assume the average is 40 memory fragments per advance run, 30 for the run and then 10 from a random node. So that comes out to about 25 advance run, which would be 500 gems.
    -Next we have 1k worth of calibration tickets. According to Angry Trap, you get 50 tickets for showing up once you get through 109 waves, then 2 tickets for clearing past 106, so going to assume most go for just the 50 tickets because those last two probably aren't worth the effort. That's 20 defense drill runs. If I'm doing my math right, that's about 666 gems.
    -Followed by the oath, that's 580 gems.

So before we get to the really obnoxious stuff to price out, the 2 name change cards (not even going to try) and the costume. This brings the gem value up to 2866 gems. If you give no shits about cosmetics and want only power boosts for you gems, this probably isn't worth it since you only get 2266 gems worth of stuff for boost, the 520 gems can be converted into power boosts, but the 100 tokens really can't. Sure you could get furniture to get more batteries, but it's nebulous on how much power you get from that. If you like cosmetics and power boosts, well this is a good deal before we even factor in the costume value. I want to say the agreed value for a costume comes out to about 6k worth of gems (1k tokens). So definitely getting your money's worth if want cosmetics.