As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Well, this just popped up in regards to GFL2.

Looks like an equipment & doll gacha combined right now.

I cannot believe that is real

Here is a 10-draw in Genshin Impact, for comparison

8yanoffzjfw8.png

EDIT: Okay that was a very old post, but in my defense I haven't looked in this thread in awhile and it's on the same page

Maddoc on
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I don't blame you, and I hope it's not real. Although I wouldn't be surprised at ripping off a ten-roll screen that hard. I honestly haven't been paying attention to the sequel spinoff games that much. They aren't of any use to me until they localized.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    so it begins

unknown.png?width=675&height=342

unknown.png?width=675&height=348

The Sleeper has Awoken.

3DS Friend Code:
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Good thing we were stockpiling combat reports.

I just realized that I forgot to cash in my christmas coin shop tokens. It's bugging me more than it should. I've been too damn stressed out at work these past few weeks.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2022
    The score padding is absolutely off the charts this event. I'm in top 4% right now and I've only run two out of the three ranking maps.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • HadesHades Registered User regular
    Yeah I was shocked when my bumbling around got me into the top 5%. Dropped down to 9% today though.

edited February 2022
    well, after a scuffed hole 1 where the guide i was watching started doing some exploits and i tilted and gave up, I pulled out semi-decent scores on 2 and 3 so i'm sitting at a cumulative 1.36 mill

i think i'll be fine

i forgot to farm Mondragon though, oops. oh well, i'm sure she'll show up in a side event or something sometime

Orphane on
    I suspect that 1.3 mil is fine. I'm at 1.5 mil and was at top 1% last I checked.

Double check the event store and see if you happen to have enough of those pity medals to buy her. Those usually persist for a week after the event. I had a ton of them this time around and ended up using that to buy the 4* AR that I missed from the previous story event.

3DS Friend Code:
    I suspect that 1.3 mil is fine. I'm at 1.5 mil and was at top 1% last I checked.

Double check the event store and see if you happen to have enough of those pity medals to buy her. Those usually persist for a week after the event. I had a ton of them this time around and ended up using that to buy the 4* AR that I missed from the previous story event.

nah, i'd checked and didn't have anywhere near enough. it's fine, she's pretty niche so i'm not too fussed about it.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Got all the new dolls. The anchored construction was useful once I figured out how to use it. You have to do the construction within the anchored construction page.

Yeah, went for anchored on RPK and got her, then it took like ~200 contracts for all the others

New theater starts tomorrow. This one has the newer style battles.
    s6h6b694pi3m.jpg

q0nsm41hz1o3.jpg

edited March 2022
    The one thing that I hate about theater are the early stages where I question if a later battle in one of the earlier zones is worth more than a early battle in the advance zone. I suppose we have more resets now but I don't want to shuffle my echelons around that much. Just jump to core 8 and let me slug it out with the big stuff twice.

edit:
    The GFC discord apparently is maintaining a pinned post detailing details about which ones are optimal to fight. EX: Today is apparently more optimal to run intermediate once for the bonus, and then elementary 8 IF you can breach 12k+ CE for that boss fight. Otherwise advanced is optimal.

So far CE stacking has been easier with this new format than the old since you just need to stuff a bunch of dolls into the reinforcement zone and amass a big pile of CE rather than trying to assemble a wide array of CE padding echelons with assorted permutations of tile and fairy buffs. I am a bit anxious that later stages will require a large amount of echelon rearrangement.

SLAP ammo was worth a LOT of CE padding on my machineguns. I ran some stupid 4MG/1AR formation today since only ARs and MGs were advantaged in the elementary boss fight.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    new theater and its qol is good and all but more importantly

we have obtained.... the big chungus

ly9w7xmzu0ne.png

I'm glad I somehow had a 5 star sniper fairy that I could quickly level up to deal with the dual patroller bullshit on wave 6.

I messed up my CE padding because I didn't notice that nightvision gear was advantaged during my first run.

My starting team was G11 mod 3(squad leader)/M4 mod 3/AS Val mod3/RO 635 Mod 3/Agent 416. For the SF SWAP wave I swapped Agent 416 out for 416 Mod 3. I used a 5* Damage II artillery fairy. For the patroller wave I swapped 416 out for UMP45 mod 3

In general I was feeling like Agent 416 provides some nice impulse damage at the very start with her mines to soften up a lot of enemies, to the point where I felt that she was pulling lots of weight despite lacking night vision.

For the patroller fight it played out something like this with a starting formation of:
    G11 RO635
    M4 UMP45
    AS-VAL
    1. dodge dance ump45 forward to stall for some time
    2. wiggle G11 and AS-VAL so that they stop shooting the striders and begin engaging other targets
    3. Move UMP45 all the way forward to 6 once we're solidly engaged
    4. let them DPS until most everything is dead
    5. proceed to phase 2 of the plan

For phase 2 I swapped to this formation
    G11 Ro635
    UMP45
    AS-Val M4
    1. Disable auto-skills
    2. Manually activate UMP and Ro's skills on cooldown
    3. when the striders lower their guard, pop G11/M4/AS-VAL's skills
    4. Move Ro to position 6 if UMP dies

I ended up keeping all 5 dolls alive in my second run, although it did help that I'm not trying to pad my CE with SF HOC support. I'm shelling the crap out of everything with my good HOCs.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Blah64Blah64 Registered User regular
    In core 8, I was getting wrecked in wave 2 with my G&K dolls, so I thought I'd give my SF units a go for the first time. I've never really used 'em before because having to resupply every time even if all their ammo was not used up was annoying.

Turns out, they are very good. Alchemist is a beast, just tanking everything. Was able to complete Core 8 as a result.

Here I was not realizing that I could deploy my SF units in the new version of theater beyond the calling them in as HOC support. Alchemist is pretty much invincible, except swap Jaegers mess her up really bad. Try to keep her away from those. I used Alchemist a lot during the last story event.

3DS Friend Code:
    I'm scoring a lot lower than normal for the final battle score. Currently at 26%. I guess I simply don't have enough leveled up equipment to CE pad to a high degree. At least not with this many ARs and SMGs. I've got enough good AR gear to outfit the usual complement of ARSMG teams in a ranking run. Not 30 ARs and SMGs simultaneously.

3DS Friend Code:
    need enough chips to outfit a LAN party up in here

That's probably it. RNG has cursed me in equipment crafting and I only own two chips.

3DS Friend Code:
    I am currently sitting at 16% by using Alchemist squad that is only 60k CE, and then just a bunch of lvl 1 SF units to fill up the rest of the spots.

Blah64 wrote: »
    I am currently sitting at 16% by using Alchemist squad that is only 60k CE, and then just a bunch of lvl 1 SF units to fill up the rest of the spots.
    @Blah64
    Top 16% overall score or final battle score?

3DS Friend Code:
    ah, I now see there is a 'Final Battle' tab.

I am sitting at 89% B)

I kind of suspected that. The math didn't quite seem to add up for a final battle score.

I don't know what state that your neural mod dolls and fairies are in. This team can clear theater, with the final battle against the striders being a lot easier if 416 gets replaced with ump45. 416 and ASVAL can probably be replaced with SOPMOD and STAR15. A 5* fairy, and M4/G11/RO were the key players. I don't know if it's worth trying to up your score here though for final battle since the extra rewards are just some extra resources and e-peen badges.

ejcgfv8imucx.png
    kwu30in9vdy9.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
    Remember to dump all your materials today before theater closes.

I don't care about my epeen. I never do the leaderboard things during the events.

The VA-11 HALL-A collab event is getting a rerun in April.

The shotgun banner is going to ruin me.

54xutimmw4fb.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
    So this may make the shotgun banner slightly less painful.

One TCM from the 4th anniversary login event:

a7jvsluk0531.jpg

nbdfyv49yav6.jpg

And the shotgun rate up is tomorrow. So I plan on trying for the 4* shotguns first and then I can use the TCM on the missed ones.

Good luck everyone. I had forgotten about the upcoming anniversary TCM. That will help with shotguns. My poor resources though. Why do we keep getting more shotguns?

3DS Friend Code:
    I know, it took me almost all my resources, but I got both 4* and FO-12, so I'll use the TCM on the other 5*.

And back to running logistics.

I got FO-12 and one of the 4*s before my resources ran out.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited April 2022
    I managed to get FO-12 & M26-MASS on my last 2 rolls before I ran out of resources, but did not get any of the 4* 😫

Blah64 on
    i might have completely forgotten there was a new shotgun rate up coming

That's ok. Rate ups are lies.

3DS Friend Code:
    Don't forget that a point event started today in parallel with the currently ongoing Valhalla collab.

Good luck to anyone grinding the limited valhalla dolls.

3DS Friend Code:
    The farming version of the maps that unlock after you complete them make grinding a lot easier.

There's also a rate up event over the next few days.

lbby2d6j5qw2.jpeg
    n5hyxuiz17s0.jpeg