As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Also, holy shit E1-6 is kicking my ass. Is there also a way to sneak around this one? I'm starting to worry about my chances of acquiring Jill.

Edit: Is there a way to check and see what the drop rates from a specific mob in a map are?

How do you see which chapter/number is which? All I can remember/see are the names.

Also, I wish there were icons for if the map was in night or day, without having to go into the map itself.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ow my feels.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, holy shit E1-6 is kicking my ass. Is there also a way to sneak around this one? I'm starting to worry about my chances of acquiring Jill.

Edit: Is there a way to check and see what the drop rates from a specific mob in a map are?

How do you see which chapter/number is which? All I can remember/see are the names.

Also, I wish there were icons for if the map was in night or day, without having to go into the map itself.

E1-6 is Fear of Public Speaking. I know its 1-6 because I have 5 completed out of 17 (upper right corner).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited August 2019

E1-6 is Fear of Public Speaking. I know its 1-6 because I have 5 completed out of 17 (upper right corner).

Oh, yeah Fear of Public Speaking is that you just have to be patient and keep waiting and dancing around the two mechs in the south. From what I've seen, they only move in the 2x2 square unless you end your turn next to one, so just move around the circle counter clockwise. I just basically kept deploying more echelons when I had extra movement left over, so I could make a sprint when I finally got down to the southeast. IIRC, the only battle you have to fight in that one is the tank on the final spot, and its only like 3k or something.

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    CrimsonJazzCrimsonJazz Registered User regular
    Is the combat simulation more efficient than a training run in normal maps? I don´t know if the income of energy drops down on the late game and I should be spending that on other things.

• Options
    Is the combat simulation more efficient than a training run in normal maps? I don´t know if the income of energy drops down on the late game and I should be spending that on other things.

Energy is always 1 every 2 hours. As far as I've seen, the extra combat energy is not a thing that regularly gets provided. So spend the 6/6 of six as you will, just try and make sure you have a full tank on Data days, as you're going to be wanting to run those as much as possible.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    my stockpile for Digimind grows

7uwartr8t0sn.png

also collab BIG SPOILERS
    Even though they did something similar in Cube+ I was really impressed with the execution of the story and how it tied together with the bartending minigame vignettes
    Also a heartwarming reunion at the end when they all become tdolls

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I didn't get the memo about digimind stockpiling until recently, but I only ever had a few dozen extra energy. I never bought any from the shop though.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Why are we stockpiling extra energy?

• Options
    To hit the ground running once digimind upgrades are introduced

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I guess the Valhalla maps have some Unit drops from an event that we didn't get in EN? Or Maybe instead we are getting ones from AW?

Brody on

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    If any of you are using that gflcorner guide, they're wrong about e1-7, you can absolutely S rank it without a parachute fairy.

• Options
    I guess the Valhalla maps have some Unit drops from an event that we didn't get in EN? Or Maybe instead we are getting ones from AW?

huh

afaik all the limited drop tdolls have been available in EN at one time or another

M1887 was originally an AW reward
    ART 556 was a points event tdoll

• Options
    Spoilers for "The Last Rain in the World" stage
    Could someone maybe give me a hint about what I'm supposed to be looking for in the Pioneer and Public Speaking levels? I lost the first time I went to the Last Rain level, and it gave me a hint about going to those two levels and look for all the units that are "drunk", but I went back to the Pioneer level, and didn't see any units that would qualify as such? Obviously there is something I'm missing here.

• Options
    Spoilers for "The Last Rain in the World" stage
    Could someone maybe give me a hint about what I'm supposed to be looking for in the Pioneer and Public Speaking levels? I lost the first time I went to the Last Rain level, and it gave me a hint about going to those two levels and look for all the units that are "drunk", but I went back to the Pioneer level, and didn't see any units that would qualify as such? Obviously there is something I'm missing here.
    I don't know what it's referring to, but whatever it is isn't a requirement to clear the last stage, unless that's referring to something that I stumbled into doing unknowingly, 'cause I cleared e1-8 like any normal map. It might enable some way to make the boss fight easier or something though I guess?

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

huh

afaik all the limited drop tdolls have been available in EN at one time or another

Are any of them worth much effort?

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »

huh

Are any of them worth much effort?

M1887 was a welfare SG who doesn't have much going for her compared to other 5* SGs

ART is basically a 5* version of Tar-21 but she's not really exceptional

Depends on if you have holes in your roster or want completion i guess

• Options
    Does anyone know if the developers have sometimes against using different devices to play the game? Currently I use my phone during the day when I´m at work but change to emulator once I got home, I´m not multi-accounting, I just use one main account. But better be safe than sorry.

• Options
    Does anyone know if the developers have sometimes against using different devices to play the game? Currently I use my phone during the day when I´m at work but change to emulator once I got home, I´m not multi-accounting, I just use one main account. But better be safe than sorry.

@CrimsonJazz
    Emulators are approved. Macros are not.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So, after about 5 attempts I got Final Rain figured out. Got my one unit in place, took down the boss (the hard part, her ability hits kinda hard), just need to get the other in place, no biggie.
    Then I realized I left one guy wandering around near the command post, which he captured. :(

Well, I'm definitely sure I can finish it when I get another chance to attempt it. Before the last run, I finally got Groza to x4 and AR-14 to lvl 80 so she can equip her third equipment which really helped. No luck with either Sei or Jill though.

• Options
    So, after about 5 attempts I got Final Rain figured out. Got my one unit in place, took down the boss (the hard part, her ability hits kinda hard), just need to get the other in place, no biggie.
    Then I realized I left one guy wandering around near the command post, which he captured. :(

Well, I'm definitely sure I can finish it when I get another chance to attempt it. Before the last run, I finally got Groza to x4 and AR-14 to lvl 80 so she can equip her third equipment which really helped. No luck with either Sei or Jill though.

Yeah, I just used the wiki's advice to do it, cause I wanted to see the rest of the story.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I haven't been playing very long so I don't have any really strong echelons. E1-6 in the event has let me know that I better go level up a rifle team since the mandatory fight at the end destroys all my people even though it's relatively low combat strength

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Finished story part of Vallhalla,...

I'm not crying... you're crying!
    Which is super awkward since I'm at work.

Yeah, so once you get the strategy down, the last stage isn't hard to S rank, its just that the boss battle hurts (at least with the tdolls I have currently), so when I decide to start farming for Stella, I'm not sure I'm gonna bother clearing the stage, but the enemies do seem to give decent xp, so maybe.

Just for those that are wondering, the echelon I had beat the boss with (levels in parentheses) was:
    C-MS (95), Skorpion (90), AR-15 (80), M4 (95), Groza (70)

And I leave the battle pretty beat up. I'm sure I could do a bit better dodging at whatnot after some practice, but I don't think it'll be significantly better.

And I still haven't figured out what that particular message references on the tile with the ! next to it. Gonna try and poke around in those levels a bit more, see if I can figure it out.

Overall, I really have liked the kind of puzzle aspect of a lot of these missions, especially compared to the Cube missions (the only other event that I've seen).

• Options
    Finished story part of Vallhalla,...

I'm not crying... you're crying!
    Which is super awkward since I'm at work.

Yeah, so once you get the strategy down, the last stage isn't hard to S rank, its just that the boss battle hurts (at least with the tdolls I have currently), so when I decide to start farming for Stella, I'm not sure I'm gonna bother clearing the stage, but the enemies do seem to give decent xp, so maybe.

Just for those that are wondering, the echelon I had beat the boss with (levels in parentheses) was:
    C-MS (95), Skorpion (90), AR-15 (80), M4 (95), Groza (70)

And I leave the battle pretty beat up. I'm sure I could do a bit better dodging at whatnot after some practice, but I don't think it'll be significantly better.

And I still haven't figured out what that particular message references on the tile with the ! next to it. Gonna try and poke around in those levels a bit more, see if I can figure it out.

Overall, I really have liked the kind of puzzle aspect of a lot of these missions, especially compared to the Cube missions (the only other event that I've seen).

The fight hurts either way, but in case you haven't figured it out
    You should layout your team in a 7 9 5 1 3 (9 and 3 are your tanks) pattern for the final fight. When one of your dolls gets smacked with Tide of the Apocalypse, you move everyone to avoid being in line with that doll.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    nice.

12ehwkt4ef1i.png

last rain in the world EX is actually not that hard mostly because the biggest threat in the EX maps are the Grenade Launcher Gundams (Doppelsoldners) and there weren't any that I saw

by the time you get to the boss she's a fairly easy fight imo due to having NPC tdolls to soften her up

also learning to kite white knight enemies will be your biggest asset in these maps because they have pretty noticeable attack startup animations and buying yourself extra time to dps can be invaluable

The Doppelsoldners should be kited very closely or else they will release a lot of wide range grenade attacks that will hurt your entire echelon
    The Rodeleros (foward leaping mechs) can be kited heavily since they have a lot of startup to their jump targeting - keep in mind you can avoid their laser beam entirely by moving tdolls out of the row they're targetting, but be careful if there are multiple ones because you may end up pulling attacks into another row. My advice is to move your MT forward and move anyone behind them to another row, then have your MT move up or down once all Rodeleros have started their attack animation to avoid that.
    The Strelets (default AR units) also have a decent windup so you can kite to pack them tighter for grenades and to delay their attacks on the whole

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    100 odd times running E1-5 for Sei, still no drop. I did however get UMP45 to drop, so at least a consolation prize.

Brody on

• Options
    Dang, I got Sei pretty quickly, attempt #22. I was actually completing the whole map though, not just getting a kill and restarting.

I'll definitely be restarting for Stella, though.

I tried the first EX mission too. I imagine I can pull off some of these but goodness me the first upgraded unit I fought dropped my tank by 60% in one volley

• Options
    i haven't gone back and tried farming for Stella or Sei since i've been focusing on clearing stages and getting the daily shards

i may or may not just do Last Rain in the World EX 4x a day when i'm working and my playtime is limited because it's a fairly easy map and there's the chance at Stella

• Options
    Yeah, for shards I just run Pioneer 10 times, mind numbing but super easy.

Chicken breast has been one HG on the command node, M4A1 on the other node, run down and back, retreat, restart, repeat.

• Options
    Got super lucky with Sei! Took me 25 attempts, but I was clearing the map, so effectively about 75 tries? Still pretty lucky compared to like almost 100 attempts of Cube to get Five-seven.

Now on to farming for Stella, since I don't think I have the tdolls yet to clear any of the EX stages.

• Options
    Got super lucky with Sei! Took me 25 attempts, but I was clearing the map, so effectively about 75 tries? Still pretty lucky compared to like almost 100 attempts of Cube to get Five-seven.

Now on to farming for Stella, since I don't think I have the tdolls yet to clear any of the EX stages.

I think the regular difficulty only has two chances to drop it on a full clear.

• Options
    Generally for these limited dolls, ~100 rolls is usually near the median number of attempts.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

I'm pretty sure there are two units, the single bomb on the left, and the evasive "ship guys" (I dunno their actual name) on the bottom right, that have a drop, and then a chance on the clear itself? I could be wrong though.

• Options

I'm pretty sure there are two units, the single bomb on the left, and the evasive "ship guys" (I dunno their actual name) on the bottom right, that have a drop, and then a chance on the clear itself? I could be wrong though.

Ah, I wasn't aware the clear had a chance. I'm up to 150 clears. Still no Sei.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I feel bad about how I originally said that they were simply map clear rewards. That was the information that I had and it was false. They were just map clear rewards in the "Rabbit Hunt" event last fall.

I wish you and everyone else the best of luck getting them.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    This event is not newbie friendly at all I´m struggling to finish 1-4 but get rekt by the last two enemies ლ(ٱ٥ٱლ) (I´m avoiding the big one) I got two echelons, the first at lv 50 and the second lv 35, both 3 links but even the first armor guy destroys me.
    Love the event so far both, but that post on the Va-11 Hall-A blog that a newbie can finish the run is kind of misleading o(╥﹏╥)o.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    You're definitely fighting at a handicap since IIRC you started immediately prior to the event. Keep leveling your dolls. They get a big power spike at level 70 with their x4 link.

Edit :
    Using some rifles will help with the armor.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Apparently I should have grabbed that Ameli costume last month.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Finally beat E1-8.

Took me way too many attempts, as I kept screwing up the execution.

• Options
    Just a heads up if you're just mindlessly farming frontier for shards. If you set your unit to planning mode, and have it just patrol up and down the left side of the map for the 3 turns it takes to finish, then you'll kill enough units to get an S ranking for the map and a chance at Ameli.