Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

YouTube is a series of video essays

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Music, like a lot of art, is one of those things that seems effortless when performed well, but requires a ton of hard work to reach that point.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    AngelHedgiemrpakuN1tSt4lkerNeveronFencingsaxThe Escape GoatGlalGvzbgulOlivawSorcemageormikeMagellMidniteironsizideLord_AsmodeusShortyWeedLordVegetaZilla360A Kobold's KoboldTransporterTynnanAnialos
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    I got a music degree basically to learn enough about music to emphatically know I had no talent for it

Captain Inertia on
    YoutubeZilla360
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    gangsta's paradise but every other beat is amish paradise

Duration: 3:32

FencingsaxDavid_TThe Escape GoatFearghaillCrippl3MysstSorceSimBenQuantumTurkJoolanderironsizideLord_AsmodeusDisruptedCapitalistTynnanAnialosMvrck
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    cB557HeadCreepsAzraithJohnny ChopsockyFearghaillEmerlmaster999OlivawSorceDarkPrimusPsychotic OneN1tSt4lkerMidniteJoolanderironsizideYoutubeLord_AsmodeusShortyZilla360HefflingKruiteThe JudgeTynnan
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Music, like a lot of art, is one of those things that seems effortless when performed well, but requires a ton of hard work to reach that point.

To be fair, nobody really writes music with this stuff in mind. Especially when bands write collaboratively in the studio.
    Somebody shows up with a riff or a chord progression they've found and everyone else noodles on it until the song comes out.

It's literally dozens of hours of
    Keyboard player: "what about this" *plays chord*
    Guitarist: "nah we should resolve the verse with some tension, how about this" *plays all the inversions of a chord until one sounds cool and everyone goes "yeah!"*

Analysis of music is done afterwards, not before. The hard work is in being a seasoned enough songwriter to want to say something with a song and having the vocabulary to say it.

ThatDudeOverThereMidnite
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    MagellThe Escape GoatKana
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The one animation channel that does not have to care about the algorithm (because they are funded by Disney).

Magell
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Reminds me of the beach volleyball match in Avatar: Last Airbender.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    ShortyCimmerii
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular

The one animation channel that does not have to care about the algorithm (because they are funded by Disney).

This got real anime real fast!

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

To be fair, nobody really writes music with this stuff in mind. Especially when bands write collaboratively in the studio.
    Somebody shows up with a riff or a chord progression they've found and everyone else noodles on it until the song comes out.

Guitarist: "nah we should resolve the verse with some tension, how about this" *plays all the inversions of a chord until one sounds cool and everyone goes "yeah!"*

Analysis of music is done afterwards, not before. The hard work is in being a seasoned enough songwriter to want to say something with a song and having the vocabulary to say it.

Yeah that’s mostly true. I think that a lot of people get wrong is that music theory is more descriptive than it is prescriptive.

Quire.jpg
    ThatDudeOverThere
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Yeah that’s mostly true. I think that a lot of people get wrong is that music theory is more descriptive than it is prescriptive.

For sure.
    Like all art its a lot more technically difficult to replicate a work than to initially create it.

Creation requires inspiration, replication requires understanding.

But, like I said a out vocabulary, the more technically savvy you are, the more complex and nuanced your inspiration will be.

DarkPrimusN1tSt4lker
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    warning: dancing

BahamutZERO.gif
    TheBlackWind
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Rumours is real good though.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    ShortyTankHammer
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

WrIiiPW.png
    chrishallett83SorceGoose!CaedwyrJoolanderZilla360Tonkka
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey Monster Factory fans, remember DAZ?

Someone made BALLChess an actual game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1CXrbxF4V_pTiea8-_dTvCWujWsC62w/view

Indie Winterdurandal4532
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

cB557FiendishrabbitFencingsaxHeadCreepsironsizideYoutubeTonkkaA Kobold's Kobold
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hey Monster Factory fans, remember DAZ?

Someone made BALLChess an actual game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1CXrbxF4V_pTiea8-_dTvCWujWsC62w/view

oh, the kings' game

RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Crippl3mageormikeEmerlmaster999

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular

Randy Butternubbs
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Ask me about my scrotalist agenda Registered User regular

ElaroHeffling
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

ironsizideZilla360Tonkka
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Lord_Asmodeus
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    Edit: CW for car accidents, although all but one could be described as a fender-bender, and even that one outlier isn't particularly bad.

jgeis on
    [
    The Escape GoatKnight_FiendishrabbitDarkPrimusCentipede DamascusshoeboxjeddyWhittledowncB557MysstYoutubeStiltsEmerlmaster999Lord_AsmodeusCaptain InertiaShortySorceWeedLordVegetaZilla360mageormikeTonkkaJoolanderHefflingKruiteHappy Little MachineInvisibleInkMvrck
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    What happens when a gang of swedish 25-27-year-olds can't find an open nightclub at 2 am on a friday night? This happens.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Zilla360mageormikeTonkkaHeffling
  • I wonder if tram driver training includes lots of simulated idiot ramming or if your first week on the job puts sufficient bark on you

BahamutZEROFencingsaxShortyZilla360
    Running in the 90's by Dave Rodgers

Duration: 5:27

WhiteZinfandel
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 10
    I like that arrangement of running in the 90s but what is the visual portion of that video

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Peas
    edited June 10
    My guess is that he's just not great at making his own video

Peas on
    BahamutZERO

Tonkka
    ✨ it's miku hours again ✨

Duration: 0:51

BahamutZEROmilski
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Quire.jpg
    Fiendishrabbit

GvzbgulZilla360

GlalYoutube
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Close Intercept by Scientific Research Team 5-28-19 Tipton Kansas

19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

"Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    officially licensed hbo game

GlalSharpyVIIironsizideHeadCreepsOlivawCristovalHefflingKruite

ironsizide
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    officially licensed hbo game

I literally saw an ad for that game in front of this video.

Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
    Mysst