As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I texted my wife about the Mana Collection being released today, and she texted me back "So you're playing Secret of Mana right now?"

I love her, she GETS me.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Hey, so there was no mention of new Switch hardware in the Direct. Safe to assume that if the rumor was true, and they are planning it, they won't announce it at E3? I assume that any big announcements would be made during the Direct.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Hey, so there was no mention of new Switch hardware in the Direct. Safe to assume that if the rumor was true, and they are planning it, they won't announce it at E3? I assume that any big announcements would be made during the Direct.

They already said a while back that there would be no hardware talk at E3.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    You know, Empire of Sin is looking a little Omerta: City of Gangsters-ish.

I liked Omerta.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

They already said a while back that there would be no hardware talk at E3.
    Oh oh, I guess I missed that!

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You can decorate EVERYWHERE in AC now. :surprised:

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Collection of Mana just went up. You have to search for it.

$40?! Ffffhahahahaha nope! I would've picked it up right now for $20, but $40? F outta here!

It's 3 fucking games.

Yeah exactly

I can get 20 Castlevania and Contra games for the same price

Well, one of the games has never been released outside of Japan. So there's that I guess.

Neither had Kid Dracula.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Collection of Mana just went up. You have to search for it.

And it's downloading... Thanks!

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    $40 for Collection of Mana seems a bit steep. The Contra one is only $20. DekuDeals, do your thang!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah but Contra games are short and difficult. Mana games have a story and are lengthier. So it's a bit different to compare the two.

But I can't blame anyone for waiting. I need more SoM in my life.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Man, I love me them little critters and memes but Pokemon looks soo sloooow still. Like that raid boss took what felt like 10 minutes for what might have been a minute worth of actions taken.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The one concern I have about that Dark Crystal game is how SLOW that combat looked.

It looked like a TO:LUCT style game?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    That Breath of the Wild 2 reveal was unexpected and completely wild. I am so hyped for that. I mean we know almost no details but that's a world I absolutely want to explore more. It seems like it's going to focus more on the underground? Lots of darkness?

I need this.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Has anyone tried playing the music from the zelda bow2 trailer backwards? It sounds weird, and maybe actually like something reversed.

That was my thought as well. The first couple of notes definitely gave me that vibe.

they did, nothing interesting in it in reverse

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I thought that was a pretty solid Direct. Best presentation out of the bunch for me.

Somewhat interested in Pokemon because I've never played one before
    Very interested in Animal Crossing because it looks like Stardew++
    Interested in Astral Chain
    Interested in Daemon X Machina (I enjoyed the demo)
    Interested in the HD Link's Awakening (another game I've never played)
    Interested in all the Mana and SaGa stuff (again, more games I've never played)
    Luigi's Mansion 3 looks cute... not sure if that's enough for me to get it, but I look forward to seeing it broken in future GDQs
    And, of course, the BotW sequel... fuck yes

The only things I didn't care for at all were the Smash characters (don't play it) and Fire Emblem, whose dialogue was pure Shonen keyword salad ("The way to win is through friendship and our true hearts and blah blah blah blah blah!").

And, yeah, I wish they had announced SNES games on their online service, or some other things (can we get real theming options at some point?), but overall I thought it was good.

Maybe it's because I'm old and tired, but I find myself increasingly gravitating towards games that are lighthearted and/or expressive/colorful. Outside of some notable exceptions (Cyberpunk, 12 Minutes, that time loop game from Bethesda), I've had my fill of grim/grimey, super serious BS in games. So, for me, Nintendo is a much needed counterpoint to the rest of the industry.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Ok, so between PS4 and the Switch, I cannot afford or have the time for all of the games coming out. So lets plan the essentials and then the discounted buys.

June: Mario Maker 2
    November: Pokemon Sword
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Animal Crossing
    Link's Awakening
    Star Wars: Fallen Order
    Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Collection of Mana

I want but will wait for a sale:

Ultimate Alliance 3
    Deamon X Machina

Need to see more but will probably buy because I'm weak:

Avengers
    Astral Chain

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Has anyone tried playing the music from the zelda bow2 trailer backwards? It sounds weird, and maybe actually like something reversed.

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/5cffeadf4a9ba20014205d8a

Ran it in reverse, but I'm not recognizing it. Anyone else able to put a finger on it?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Oh man, Marin singing in Link's Awakening is the cutest thing ever

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    The one concern I have about that Dark Crystal game is how SLOW that combat looked.

It does and that's totally my thing, but I mean the actual attack animations. A lot of them looked like slow-motion and I can see that getting super annoying. I just rewatched the trailer and it feels like some are running at 75% speed of what it 'should' be. To me anyways. Maybe it's an adjustable factor

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Link's Awakening was one of the first video games I owned and hearing the music in this remake is tingling all the nostalgia receptors in my mind.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Thread title feels like a personal attack. I'll seriously never have time to play all these things, LOL. I'm glad animal crossing is delayed so I might actually have time for Pokemon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    From what little they showed in the trailer that Witcher 3 port looks like it's gonna be rough.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Why are we assuming BOTW might as well be DLC? We know jack shit about the scope and content.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hm, just noticed that we haven't seen Isabelle yet. Wonder what her role is gonna be.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Oh man, Marin singing in Link's Awakening is the cutest thing ever

Maybe... maybe we just shouldn't finish Link's Awakening, you know?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Why are we assuming BOTW might as well be DLC? We know jack shit about the scope and content.

I think we all initially assumed it was going to be DLC. As soon as they announced full sequel, I don't think that anymore

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Spyro Reignited Trilogy is finally coming in September

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

I couldn't tell because the stream kept crapping out, but how does it look? Is it a remaster of the PS1s or a direct port? I'd be down for a remaster.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

I couldn't tell because the stream kept crapping out, but how does it look? Is it a remaster of the PS1s or a direct port? I'd be down for a remaster.

It's the same as the PS4 version. Remakes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It's the collection that came out on the PS4 so it'd be the remaster remake. Edit: Keep getting my terminology mixed up.

urahonky on
  • Options
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Is there any avenue to getting the old Banjo games on Switch?

Not yet. Maybe in the future since MS seems to have a warmer relationship with Nintendo now?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Is there any avenue to getting the old Banjo games on Switch?

Not yet. Maybe in the future since MS seems to have a warmer relationship with Nintendo now?

I was totally expecting something about it after the Smash trailer. But nope.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm crossing my fingers for BK1, 2, and Nuts and Bolts.

That's right, I said Nuts and Bolts. It's a perfectly great game in its own right. It's only sin is that it's not Banjo-Kazooie 3, which honestly was a fair point of criticism at the time.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Treehouse stream right now. Looks like new characters will join the team at certain points during the plot like in X-Men Legends, rather than just dumping everybody on you all at once like in all the other games.

I prefer it this way. Gives everyone at least a little time to shine and introduce them to the uninitiated. Like myself.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, the treehouse stream of UA3 might have pushed it to a must buy for me. It looks like crazy fun.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Been catching bits of the treehouse stream. They showed off some animal crossing gameplay, and when talking about the game clock reflecting real world time they say now the seasons will accurately reflect what hemisphere you are playing in. They said previous games all seasons worked on northern hemisphere only.

• Options
    It’s just nice to have the X-Men being in a Marvel game with other characters again.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

It does and that's totally my thing, but I mean the actual attack animations. A lot of them looked like slow-motion and I can see that getting super annoying. I just rewatched the trailer and it feels like some are running at 75% speed of what it 'should' be. To me anyways. Maybe it's an adjustable factor

Ah, watching it, I just assumed they were playing them at a slower speed. But most of these games nowdays also have an option to speed up attack animations.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    That was a solid direct. Got chills when I saw the beast head with that Dragoon shape. It's a little weird to see Panzer Dragoon without the Saturn aesthetics (didn't play the Xbox one) but I really want to know more about this one. And if they do a good job I would by two copies just to open the gates for the sequel and Saga.

earthwormadam on