As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    astral chain looked great to me

but yeaeh contra reminded me of a wii game. literally, there were wii games that looked like that. now I'll grant I actually enjoyed them! and might even play this one. but it looks hideous. I just happen to not care either.

edit - I grabbed necrodancer and wargroove and by considering hollow knight ended up ordering a physical special edition of it because sometimes the spirit just overtakes me. can't help it.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Anyone here played Last Remnant at all? I'm thinking about diving in but not having much luck finding an actual description of the game. Is it any good?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyone here played Last Remnant at all? I'm thinking about diving in but not having much luck finding an actual description of the game. Is it any good?

It's a Remaster, so there should be a lot of info of at least the old version. I know it was on PC at least, but was delisted a few months ago. Not sure how much has changed.

I bought it last night during E3 but I haven't had any chance to even load it up yet, sorry. :/

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

It's a Remaster, so there should be a lot of info of at least the old version. I know it was on PC at least, but was delisted a few months ago. Not sure how much has changed.

I bought it last night during E3 but I haven't had any chance to even load it up yet, sorry. :/

I also bought it and haven't played it, been busy playing Trials of Mana. I did play a bit on the 360 years ago. Don't remember a whole lot, though I know they added so QoL changes to the remaster.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Does the Mana collection have save states?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

I read that it does

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    -Link's Awakening, probably will be pretty good, the original is an amazing game (and I didn't even play it when it was new, played through it on the 3DS in 2011). Just not a fan of the aesthetic they chose, but admittedly it's grown on me a little bit. However, it seems they wanna charge $60 for it? Seems a bit steep to me. Maybe they feel the added dungeon maker + graphics is enough to warrant it.

I think it's a bit steep as well. I get that Switch has blurred the line between what we consider handheld games and console games. But apparently that means paying console prices for handheld games.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Looking at the E3 sale is it bad that the stuff that interests me is things I already own that I want to play but I don't feel like actually having to switch out the cartridge in my Switch?

• Options

3 for each game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    "Final fantasy legends GB collection when you cowards"

I yell as they release multiple SaGa games

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Was trying to decide whether to pick up the first Necrodancer, because I'm definitely going to pick up Cadence of Hyrule, and I could spend that $4 on a burger or something.

Then realized I have (had) $4.97 in eShop points. So now I own Necrodancer!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I assume the heavy Necrodancer sale is the best way to wring some last money out of it before the Zelda version pretty much entirely eclipses it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Dark Crystal tactics... colour me very intrigued.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    The treehouse stream stuff are up on Nintendo’s YouTube so I can watch them without choppy playback. Watching Luigi’s Mansion 3 and when talking about its development it sounds like it started as a Wii U game.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    The hell happened to Bayo 3?

And SMT V.

Both of these games were basically announced before they actually started working on them, pretty much. Anything shown to date was just pre-pre-pre-production stuff apparently. Astral Chain got worked on before Bayo 3, so now they're actually working on Bayo 3 at Platinum. As for SMTV... your guess is as good as mine.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I would like to say that this year they sure showed off a lot of what my group of friends deems "anime bullshit," which is not necessarily a criticism, but for me it means much of it runs together and kind of looks samey. Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, and the early part of the No More Heroes 3 trailer, with a dash of Fire Emblem too. Stylized kinda cel-shaded with a lot of nonsense and colorful light shows and probably mechs.

When you break it down it's easier to process. Astral Chain is the one with better graphics and more care put into the world and designs, Machina is the one that's a little more jank and all the effort went into the mechs. But watching the show it was dizzying.

However, I also think this means they really understand what people want to see at E3. They are doing a pretty good job of targeting core gamers.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    I've been wanting pro joycons, maybe I'll give these Hori ones a try:

• Options
    And here's some HD Grandia gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLSa-WNhGPQ

Also some details:
    – Out very soon
    – GungHo is still in discussions with Nintendo in terms of release timing
    – No plans for a physical release
    – The code base used is the original PlayStation version
    – Ports are being handled by Sickhead Games
    – Will support proper widescreen
    – Only pre-rendered or animated movies and the world map screen remained with a 4:3 display
    – As many art assets as possible were touched up for this release
    – Character sprites & portraits, enemy sprites, environment model art, and UI elements like icons & text were touched up
    – A few menu digits could not be replaced, but most of the UI has received a clear overhaul
    – There will not be options to choose original sprites
    – Audio quality will be the same as the PSX version
    – Grandia II got a new Hard Mode in its re-release in 2015, but no such new additions will be made to the original Grandia
    – Dual-audio support
    – French and German subtitle tracks
    – GungHo was interested in also doing a Spanish localization, but it wasn’t something they could deliver at the moment because of the amount of text
    – Unique to Grandia HD Remaster, the voice track can be toggled mid-game, rather than only at the opening menu as with Grandia II HD Remaster
    – As for Grandia II HD Remaster, proper widescreen is supported as the Anniversary Edition did not natively support this
    – Some art has also been touched up further, most notably in the UI
    – Otherwise, Grandia II HD Remaster is currently receiving more performance tweaks to remove as many glitches as possible from the release
    – GungHo unsure about Grandia III HD Remaster happening

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Hori trying to bring back the Wii U

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Everyone: The Switch is too big to easily carry around in your pants pocket.
    HORI staff:
    b2scv3iyzwml.jpg

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Guessing there's no wireless support in that controller, not that I know how you would even hold it in split mode.

And did they basically eliminate the sticks? You can't be looking at both of them head-on with one camera. Or is this just a depth-less render?

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Question for people who have played Doom or Wolfenstein 2 on the Switch:

How do they perform in handheld? I've beaten both on my xbox so I expect graphical limitations. But do they run smoothly and at least look serviceably decent?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »

How do they perform in handheld? I've beaten both on my xbox so I expect graphical limitations. But do they run smoothly and at least look serviceably decent?

Both games received patches that improved performance. I don't have any real experience with the other versions but they play really good for me. Obviously 30fps

Doom post patch performance review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auMBfnHYA7I

Initial Wolfenstein 2 performance review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6b8FUSB89s

Post patch comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWT6L4353Pk

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

I don't get motion sick playing video games. I watched a video of GB trying to play doom on the switch and I nearly threw up very quickly and the other person with the person playing started screaming for him to stop whipping the camera around.

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/quick-look-doom-nintendo-switch/2970-11744/free-video

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have a hori pad I got for MK11 but it is wired only... I like the look of those joycons but I almost never play handheld so unless they're wireless it's a def no. if they are well, I'll take a closer look haha.

grandia is awesome, glad to know there's not gonna be a physical release. my only complaint with some of the physical releases is sometimes it can be hard to track them down and like anyone else when you realize you missed a Limited Run release it's a bummer. but it's worth it for the nice stuff people have put out for indie games that probably never would have had the opportunity to shine like that otherwise.

Klatu wrote: »
    Dark Crystal tactics... colour me very intrigued.

this has me more excited than I'd ever have guessed, though honestly I just like that bird design and tactics games :hydra:

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

TLDR. It's a very good SaGa game made by the SaGa team with a fantastic and unique battle system.
    It also has a ton of mechancis and doesn't explain any of them well to you in-game.
    It's a very 'use the wiki' game, especially for people playing for the first time.

It was one of my top 3 rpgs last gen personally, specifically because of the battle system. But it honestly has a high learning curve and won't be to everyone's tastes.

Also, props for having a gay male protagonist.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Both games received patches that improved performance. I don't have any real experience with the other versions but they play really good for me. Obviously 30fps

Doom post patch performance review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auMBfnHYA7I

Initial Wolfenstein 2 performance review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6b8FUSB89s

Post patch comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWT6L4353Pk

Thank you for that!

Been wanting to grab one since they are 50% off

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Is Torchlight 2 worth playing without mods?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    I've been wanting pro joycons, maybe I'll give these Hori ones a try:

Oh man, that is some sexy shit. I may have to get me these (in... half a year? of switch ownership, my switch has been docked exactly 0 times)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I want controllers that make my switch feel like a WiiU tablet.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qmwvKTwm10

I'm really impressed with how much feedback from the demo they've responded to.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

TLDR. It's a very good SaGa game made by the SaGa team with a fantastic and unique battle system.
    It also has a ton of mechancis and doesn't explain any of them well to you in-game.
    It's a very 'use the wiki' game, especially for people playing for the forst time.

It was one of my top 3 rpgs last gen personally, specifically because of the battle system. But it honestly has a high learning curve and won't be to everyone's tastes.

Follow up question: What is a SaGa game?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

It's a very 'use the wiki' game, especially for people playing for the forst time.

Good question no one knows

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It's a SaGa game.

The name of a series doesn't have to make sense.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Good question no one knows

A grindfest

• Options
    No More Heroes 3 – E3 2019 trailer – “Fuckhead Version”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=260Bttu3eHY

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

It's an RPG series whose whole design schtick was "we're going to throw you in and tell you absolutely nothing, go forth and do stuff."

All(or nearly all) player advancement is done through experimentation. Spells for example are discovered as words, and how you combine them determines what sort of spell effect you get. You're fully expected to play around and learn with what does what(or nowadays use a wiki), the game will deliberately not tell you anything about how it works.

The Legend of Legacy and to a lesser extent Alliance Alive(which is getting a Switch port, btw) are two contemporary examples of this sort of game design.

Donnicton on