As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 is over. Start your GOTY speculation

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    one could argue that the explosion of roguelikes had something to do with it

NaphtaliOlivawCrippl3MidniteAndy Joe
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, holy shit they showed off a Blair Witch game in 2019. Remember that?

Drez
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    no, doesn't ring a bell

Bedlam
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Also, holy shit they showed off a Blair Witch game in 2019. Remember that?

Not only that, but Phil Spencer was wearing a shirt for it when he stopped by the Giant Bomb folks, meaning Microsoft is actually pushing it. That is even more surprising.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Mostly I'm just excited to see so many different interpretations of the idea of time loops because it apparently took until just now for people to see battle royale games putting 100 people on a server and thinking of something more creative than "what if we just make PUBG again?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAiaXIxS_4c

Mwx884o.jpg
    TheySlashThemBedlamLegacy
    Fall Guys is the first "tons of players" game that I've been interested in (besides MMO's, which are a different beast)

Johnny ChopsockyKnight_
    Did Waypoint just not do a podcast on Thursday?

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

They went and hung out with Giantbomb instead

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    never dieOlivaw

They went and hung out with Giantbomb instead

They talked about doing a podcast before going to Giant Bomb.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    resident evil 2 is game of the year because you get chased by a giant detective throughout it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

never dieDyvim TvarOlivaw
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    He should be in the game anyway, give him a nice little beach house for his retirement

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

BahamutZEROjkylefultonJayKaosEncAthenorCare Free BombBobbleBedlamWeedLordVegetaShortyZonugalJoolanderOne Thousand CablesEtchwartsAistanUbikVeldrinSorcedarunia106balerbower
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

I don't get why people feel sorry for Mr Resetti.

There's no more scumming, no more resetting; all choices are canon now. Everything he wanted, now is.

Mr. Resetti didn't get fired. Mr. Resetti became as god in the Animal Crossing universe. He has found peace at last.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    Dee KaemysticjuicerAistanUbik
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    how's he gonna pay the bills now

BahamutZERO.gif
    ShortyNeveronOlivaw
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    As a kid during summers with rolling brownouts Mr. Resetti was my bane

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    The first time I got yelled at by Resetti I SWORE I saved.

I sat there and listened to him just endlessly berate me when I KNOW I did nothing wrong. But no chance to interject. No time to say “wait maybe this is YOUR fault. Maybe YOURE the one mistaken here.”

Just silently sitting until I was dismissed. Where nothing changed. My day proceeded as it always had, the berating really being meaningless as there was no further consequences. Just me feeling shitty and Resetti knowing he covered his ass by yelling at me.

He prepared me for adult life in the work force and I thank him.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The things Brad had to say about Jedi Fallen Order have me a good deal more excited for that game

The fact that it's a Metroid-styled open exploration deal with multiple planets was something that I don't think their trailers has portrayed in the slightest

BahamutZEROSproutEtchwartsOlivawMegaMan001Midnite
    The brownouts were so frequent one year that Mr Resetti made me write letters of apology

wanderingLegacy
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    oh dear
    Let Keanu Reeves start a riot: What Cyberpunk 2077 should keep from the original RPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BkJQ-5r4s

(BDG calls out several shitty things in the course of this video, as I would hope)

Anzekay on
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The things Brad had to say about Jedi Fallen Order have me a good deal more excited for that game

The fact that it's a Metroid-styled open exploration deal with multiple planets was something that I don't think their trailers has portrayed in the slightest

I'm listening to Waypoint talk about it and they're basically saying "it's Sekiro."

This might be the biggest gap between "this demo looks like shit" and "this game is awesome" I have ever heard of. It sounds like whoever decided to show what they did at EA Play did a huge disservice to the game.

el_vicio
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I thought the EA Play stuff looked fine is the thing

But I was thinking "Linear narrative action adventure game"

Not fucking... Metroid Souls

You meditate at save points, and all the enemies respawn, and you can unlock shortcuts through areas as you progress

Maddoc on
    Crippl3PerrsunEtchwartsOlivawMidnite
    "looks like shit" may have been a bit too harsh, but the footage they showed looked incredibly boring.

Linespider5Olivaw
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah
    What I gathered was that it was the second biggest tonal dissonance between public trailer and actual game ( with #1 being murder twins' European Tour). I don't know if that is a faith thing or what.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »
    Yeah
    What I gathered was that it was the second biggest tonal dissonance between public trailer and actual game ( with #1 being murder twins' European Tour). I don't know if that is a faith thing or what.

murder twins what-now?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah

murder twins what-now?

Wolfenstien Youngblood

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    oh dear
    Let Keanu Reeves start a riot: What Cyberpunk 2077 should keep from the original RPG

(BDG calls out several shitty things in the course of this video, as I would hope)

Not nearly enough. He acts like the ableism is a small part of the humanity mechanic when it's literally the entire text of it and doesn't address any of the transphobia.

Speed RacerHappy Little Machine
    I thought the EA Play stuff looked fine is the thing

But I was thinking "Linear narrative action adventure game"

Not fucking... Metroid Souls

You meditate at save points, and all the enemies respawn, and you can unlock shortcuts through areas as you progress

Huh, I might not pass on it then.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Anzekay wrote: »
    oh dear

Not nearly enough. He acts like the ableism is a small part of the humanity mechanic when it's literally the entire text of it and doesn't address any of the transphobia.

I believe they recorded the video before the stuff about the poster came out, but ya an addition like the one they did about johnny silverhand should've been done

he does touch on stuff a bit further on twitter (more threaded, not gonna post them all)

Anzekay on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I believe that Jedi Fallen Order is just Sekiro, sure.

You play as a boring doof in both of them.

Transporter
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Finally watching the Nites segment with the Google guy and gosh he sure is avoiding actually addressing the legitimate concerns Jeff brings up

But yeah, tell us how you collect rare games another time like that actually means anything

6F32U1X.png
    Etchwarts
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Finally watching the Nites segment with the Google guy and gosh he sure is avoiding actually addressing the legitimate concerns Jeff brings up

But yeah, tell us how you collect rare games another time like that actually means anything

The only person who I believe "collects" games is Jeff

Librarian's ghost
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Yeah but Jeff collects games the way a black hole collects matter.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Games collect Jeff.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

Then holds them in his hands not two weeks ago.

Medium Dave on
    ReynoldsPwnanObrienCrippl3AistanEtchwartsSpeed RacerOlivawPeewiDiarmuidCare Free BombLuvTheMonkeydarunia106Knight_cursedkingAndy JoeVeagleQuantumTurk
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

Then holds the in his hands not two weeks ago.

"Do you just go around your home holding stuff" may be the second best bit of improv Dan Ryckert has ever done.

AistanEtchwartsMedium DaveSpeed RacerOlivawWeedLordVegetaSnicketysnickCouscousdarunia106
    Yeah

murder twins what-now?

Wolfenstien Youngblood

Yeah. You can see it on Jeff's face during the conference, and then when he talks about it after the embargo lifts, but the actual game's tone is what you would expect from an 80s romp through Europe, killing nazis. In other words, very over the top and funny, unlike the press conference.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah

murder twins what-now?

Wolfenstien Youngblood

Yeah. You can see it on Jeff's face during the conference, and then when he talks about it after the embargo lifts, but the actual game's tone is what you would expect from an 80s romp through Europe, killing nazis. In other words, very over the top and funny, unlike the press conference.

Maybe I missed something, but the trailer stuff they showed in the Bethesda conference seemed pretty upbeat and goofy to me??

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah

murder twins what-now?

Wolfenstien Youngblood

Maybe I missed something, but the trailer stuff they showed in the Bethesda conference seemed pretty upbeat and goofy to me??

It was a lot of action and gameplay and cool synth music

The actual tone as being a comedic romp is not what I got from it, so to hear that’s actually what it is is a very pleasant surprise

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

I'm listening to Waypoint talk about it and they're basically saying "it's Sekiro."

This might be the biggest gap between "this demo looks like shit" and "this game is awesome" I have ever heard of. It sounds like whoever decided to show what they did at EA Play did a huge disservice to the game.

That is really weird. But even if that game turns out to be that good, the main dude looks soooo bland and generic, I cannot deal with it

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

AistanDee Kae