As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 is over. Start your GOTY speculation

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    The only good non-lethal playthrough is in Undertale.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Andy Joeburbo
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    this is probably my favorite e3 in a while, and not just because it made me explain to a co worker why I was getting choked up at a cartoon bear on my phone

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I don't know if it's just how Smash fans react to everything, but I wonder if Microsoft is looking at that and going "We really need a new Banjo game."

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2019
    they tried that once and nuts and bolts was what we got so idk

which granted I found very fun but it wasnt what anyone wanted so it got a lot of shit for it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    Mortal Sky
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Rare is currently just a name that Microsoft owns rather than a development studio that exists, with employees and such, but maybe they could make a new studio to make 3d platformers again and slap the name back on it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nuts and bolts is one of the best 360 games

BlankZoeUndead ScottsmanMortal Sky
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give me grabbed by the ghoulies 2, you cowards

6vjsgrerts6r.png

wanderingSweeney TomDyvim Tvar
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 being an awful mess (and all the behind the scenes fucking over of employees) convinces another developer to do this shit right. Keanu Reeves isn't even close enough to a band-aid for that.

edited June 2019
    Shorty wrote: »
    nuts and bolts is one of the best 360 games

my only memory of N&B was making a giant flying dong that flew via 2 sets of helicopter blades

the helicockter, if you will

meanwhile my buddy made a transformer

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I made a really neat car that could fly with folding wings

man that game was rad

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I did not like Nuts and Bolts because I do not enjoy making things in games. I like being given stuff to use/do and going with that

I've never once created a level in Littlebigplanet but I love the story mode!

ReynoldsDyvim Tvar
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Rare is currently just a name that Microsoft owns rather than a development studio that exists, with employees and such, but maybe they could make a new studio to make 3d platformers again and slap the name back on it.

Sea of Thieves is very classically Rare

they wanted to make a pirate game for the N64!

6F32U1X.png
    OdinNeveronCrippl3Lord_Asmodeus
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Nuts and Bolts was a very good game that didn't really need to be a Banjo game. I would really like a new collectathon banjo.

Of course I'm also a collectathon monster who thinks that DK64 was amazing, thinks that there is no such thing as "too many things to collect", and also really enjoyed Yooka Laylee.

Basically just give me another big ass collectathon.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Garlic Bread
    edited June 2019
    i love collectathon platformers and dk64 makes me long for death

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    BahamutZEROOdinel_vicioCouscousCrippl3wanderingJimothy
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

They just put out Sea of Thieves last year and have released some Anniversary content a few months ago.

the studio definitely still produces things you can play but how many of those people are the rare people remember I am unsure

7yh4xczljsym.png
    edited June 2019
    In a very, very stupid way, that poster in the Cyberpunk world kind of accidentally makes sense because that seems like exactly the kind of thing a shitty megacorp in the shitty cyberpunk future would produce. I'm certain that's an entirely accidental brush with cleverness though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    PwnanObrienSorceGR_Zombie

They just put out Sea of Thieves last year and have released some Anniversary content a few months ago.

oh right

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah that cyberpunk thing is fucking gross, holy shit

fuck that game

never die
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    In a very, very stupid way, that poster in the Cyberpunk world kind of accidentally makes sense because that seems like exactly the kind of thing a shitty megacorp in the shitty cyberpunk future would produce. I'm certain that's an entirely accidental brush with cleverness though.

You can use this to justify almost anything though. It's a really shitty thing to put in the game and they should not have done it.

Morivethph blakeBahamutZEROShortyH0b0manMaddocEtchwartsOne Thousand CablesHobnailOlivawStiltsNiryaDarkPrimusnever diePaperLuigi44Mortal SkyGoose!PwnanObrienHappy Little MachineSorceKetBraSweeney Tom
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I really don't think that ad was intended to do anything more than 'lol penis'

which, ugh, ughhhhhh

I am definitely not getting that game now, like, under any fuckin' circumstances

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah I don't need any game that badly

never dieDyvim Tvar
    "we're just accurately depicting the shittiness of reality" is rarely anything other than lazy

MorivethRorshach KringleEtchwartsOlivawZonugalDarkPrimusnever dieReynoldsVeagleMortal SkyGustavHappy Little MachineSweeney TomDyvim TvarBobbleburbo
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's true that in a corporate dystopic hellworld in the future with that level of bodyhacking, gender would be packaged as trendy to sell products in that way. But also it's not the future it's today, and it carries with it all the baggage that exists already about representations of gender, as well as the problems the individual studio has had in their marketing on that front.

BahamutZEROPolaritieMorivethPreacherdarunia106ShortyWeedLordVegetaph blakeOne Thousand CablesKevin CristOlivawStiltsmiscellaneousinsanityNiryaZonugalDarkPrimusnever dieCrippl3ReynoldsPaperLuigi44MvrckseasleepymageormikeMortal SkyHappy Little MachineSorceSweeney TomDyvim TvarMidnite
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Yeah I don't need any game that badly

More time for everything not fucking up that badly. There's no shortage of choices from E3 this year.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Moriveth
    man I hope they do good changes and not bad changes to the wall market section in FF7R

BahamutZERO.gif
    Shorty wrote: »
    "we're just accurately depicting the shittiness of reality" is rarely anything other than lazy

This and the GTA defense of “It’s SATIRE” are two of my biggest irritants in games writing these days

It doesn’t make it any less shitty or bad!!

EtchwartsCrippl3Happy Little MachineDyvim Tvar
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I just watched the Nintendo Direct

Banjo-Kazooie were in my top three for Smash, so that's great

I'm also way into a direct sequel to BOTW! I almost loved the first one, so I'm hopeful about a sequel

Plus I love getting to see Link and Zelda hang out, maybe even see some of civilization being rebuilt or something

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Wow, turns out Cyberpunk can suck my ass, that's too bad

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    MorivethTonkkaDyvim Tvar
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    what happened with cyberpunk 2077?

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Read the page?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I came across a Spiritfarer trailer on the Playstation YouTube page. Hooray for multiplatform!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Contemplating the series of events which would bring multiple people to think this was a good idea:

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Every video game should have a non-lethal mode. I hate having to come up with ways to mentally abstract the simulation of murder and would rather just Not Kill People

cdci44qazyo3.gif

darunia106Librarian's ghostJimothy
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I decided to sign up for Xbox Gamepass, because it turns out it's got a lot of stuff I'd like to play.

Problem: Gears of War 4 is 133 GB. That is...a lot of gigs. It will probably not install in time for me to play it today.

IKknkhU.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    welp

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    remember when they announced a new Smash character that wasn't Banjo?

6F32U1X.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    remember when they announced a new Smash character that wasn't Banjo?

You mean Joker? That's already out

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Shorty
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I decided to sign up for Xbox Gamepass, because it turns out it's got a lot of stuff I'd like to play.

Problem: Gears of War 4 is 133 GB. That is...a lot of gigs. It will probably not install in time for me to play it today.

Yeah, not being able to swap out the HDD on a One sucks because of this. 2TB is just about OK on my Pro, 1TB on the X is very much not enough.

I know you can use external drives, but I don't really have the space. My X has to go on a shelf in front of and just below my TV, and there's just no room left with all my other stuff, unless I like, put it on the floor underneath or something.

ZD98Zka.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    you can get pretty tiny external drives, not sure of their quality tho

gears is nuts tho since most of that is X update textures, which do look fantastic

Preacher