As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 is over. Start your GOTY speculation

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    PwnanObrienOlivawSnicketysnickSweeney TomAndy Joe
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that there will be two Netflix produced games on the Switch, but no Netflix?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Johnny ChopsockyH0b0manOmnipotentBagelBahamutZEROdarunia106Crippl3SaraLunaPeewiLegacyJoolanderLindsay Lohan
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I think the sentence "two Netflix produced games" is kinda odd by itself, but ya I'm pretty sure even my microwave has Netflix now, not sure why the switch is taking so long.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Librarian's ghostShortywanderingLegacy
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that there will be two Netflix produced games on the Switch, but no Netflix?

Literally tweeted about that during the Direct it's maddening

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Librarian's ghost
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Contemplating the series of events which would bring multiple people to think this was a good idea:

The VGA's Trending Gamer of the Year 2017 right there

Crippl3Sorce
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The only toilet related video I ever want to see from that cunt is him flushing himself away, never to bother anyone again.

ZD98Zka.png
    Ticaldfjam
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Does someone have that clip of Keanu Reeves growling "CYBER PUNK"

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hello all

by sheer coincidence and the kindness of a friend I attended the Electronic 3

I met Gooigi and licked him

Crippl3wanderingOlivawJoolanderDyvim Tvar
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    hello all

What's he taste like

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    wanderingOlivawDyvim Tvar
    The tg-16 is pretty cool and that's a good lineup of games so far.

Like, I have other ways to play old games but it's cool for people who don't.

ReynoldsLindsay Lohan
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    hello all

What's he taste like

anxiety, but kind of lime flavored

CelloCrippl3OlivawJoolanderNeveronDyvim Tvar
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

No Rondo? Wasn't that a Turbografx/PC Engine game originally?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

I mean it says right there "more to come"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    hello all

What's he taste like

Ecto Cooler.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

wandering
    edited June 2019

I saw that. I just assume that you would lead with a title like that, hence my confusion.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Tube wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

The next tweet in the thread shows what they are talking about, I'm not linking it directly cause what the everloving fuck.

Honestly at this point, as cool as cyberpunk looks, I'm leaning towards just not getting it cause I don't trust that company at all.

Jesus fucking Christ
    This is my surprised face.

I'm pretty sure there was already something from a year-plus ago that made it agonizingly obvious that everything about how women and queerness were going to be portrayed in Cyberpunk was gonna be vile enough to render it unplayable for me. I forget what it was specifically, though. Something about bragging how female characters would get inundated by catcalls and rape threats by NPC passers-by for versimilitude, I think? I don't remember.

And let's not forget the streak of CDProjekt-affiliated Twitter unpleasantness that kept happening a bunch of times (and across multiple different posters, it eventually turned out).

Suffice it to say I wrote the game off a long time ago and have been quietly enduring the deluge of enthusiasm ever since. To be frank I'm almost relieved the other shoe is finally starting to drop just so the discourse surrounding the game can start to move forward a little.

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    hello all

What's he taste like

Ecto Cooler.

Man, I drank so much of that a couple years back. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Librarian's ghostReynolds
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Oh that explains why Twitch went as hard as they did with Dr Disrespecr

I mean besides it being creepy to film in a bathroom

There was a kid in the background

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

The next tweet in the thread shows what they are talking about, I'm not linking it directly cause what the everloving fuck.

Honestly at this point, as cool as cyberpunk looks, I'm leaning towards just not getting it cause I don't trust that company at all.

Jesus fucking Christ

I'm pretty sure there was already something from a year-plus ago that made it agonizingly obvious that everything about how women and queerness were going to be portrayed in Cyberpunk was gonna be vile enough to render it unplayable for me. I forget what it was specifically, though. Something about bragging how female characters would get inundated by catcalls and rape threats by NPC passers-by for versimilitude, I think? I don't remember.

And let's not forget the streak of CDProjekt-affiliated Twitter unpleasantness that kept happening a bunch of times (and across multiple different posters, it eventually turned out).

Suffice it to say I wrote the game off a long time ago and have been quietly enduring the deluge of enthusiasm ever since. To be frank I'm almost relieved the other shoe is finally starting to drop just so the discourse surrounding the game can start to move forward a little.

Uh

what

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

I saw that. I just assume that you would lead with a title like that, hence my confusion.

Japan gets Rondo.

Lasbrook wrote: »

Japan gets Rondo.

goddamnit

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

I can see them announcing Rondo for America later. Although they'd have to create a translation that specifically runs on whatever ARM based tg-16 emulator that's on that box.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    These throw pillows.

Cellodarunia106Crippl3
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well good god dammit, Cyberpunk 2077 is off my list. I am more than disappointed, as Cyberpunk 2020 was one of the first pen and paper RPGs I ever played and I fell head over heels in love with. I loved the system, I loved the setting, I loved the cultural shit that inspired it. The premise that something being released in 2020 and set in 2077 is still playing to this kind of shit that I have grown out of in that time is not only disappointing, but infuriating as well. I don't think there's any amount of backpedaling and apologizing that can walk this back for me, and that just adds sadness to my pile of feelings about this game.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Athenor
    It sounds like Avengers might be a video game?

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Every video game should have a non-lethal mode. I hate having to come up with ways to mentally abstract the simulation of murder and would rather just Not Kill People

What about Wolfenstein?

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »
    Every video game should have a non-lethal mode. I hate having to come up with ways to mentally abstract the simulation of murder and would rather just Not Kill People

What about Wolfenstein?

They said people, not Nazis.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    ShortyMorivethAshcroftI'm An Elk; Shoot MeDyvim TvarAndy JoeMulletudeGR_Zombie
    edited June 2019
    Odin wrote: »

What about Wolfenstein?

Any game where you kill Nazis instead gets a “kill more violently” mode.

Librarian's ghost on

TonkkaShortyPolaritieOdinAistanNiryaMvrckZonugalDarkPrimusMortal SkyOlivawWeedLordVegetaDyvim TvarSweeney TomAndy JoeGR_Zombie
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm so angry about cyberpunk

I really want to play it but I don't think I can in good conscience

LasbrookMorivethTonkkanever dieCrippl3SaraLunaAthenorSpeed RacerOlivawSorceWeedLordVegetaSporkAndrewKetBraDyvim TvarSweeney TomI Zimbra
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Same. This latest bullshit cinched it for me. What a fucking bummer.

Shortynever dieDouglasDangerDyvim Tvar
    Shorty wrote: »

I feel like I need to apologise to Keanu, and then somehow rescue him from this game.

ShortyMoriveth
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    At least we have Borderlands 3, folks-

RANDY PITCHFORD SAID WHAT?!?

TonkkaCrippl3
    Those Link's Awakening issues are worrying, that game is close to release

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Ben talking about what he saw with the Avengers game definitely seals the deal on me not pre-ordering

I'm really worried about it

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Jesus fucking Christ

Uh

what
    Apparently interviews for this game go back to fucking 2013 somehow, so there's no way I'm going to be able to double-check this. It's possible I'm misremembering, or had been extrapolating based on more general stuff the team was saying about the edginess of the tone. But there was definitely stuff that pegged my expectations really low really fast.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    That TurboGrafx-16 mini is so weird that it feels like it's made for me

No Rondo outside Japan would be bad though

el_vicioReynolds