As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 is over. Start your GOTY speculation

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Thank goodness there are a few other video games to play instead

Librarian's ghost
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ben talking about what he saw with the Avengers game definitely seals the deal on me not pre-ordering

I'm really worried about it

Summary? Or link?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Joolander
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

No sorry, all video games are canceled now

Even ones that are already out

The retrograde amnesia of every video game you’ve ever played will begin shortly

TonkkaShortyAndy Joe
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

No sorry, all video games are canceled now

Even ones that are already out

The retrograde amnesia of every video game you’ve ever played will begin shortly

Good. I can catch up on all these books. Maybe go for a walk outside.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Shortydarunia106OlivawWeedLordVegetaAndy Joe
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    God damn, Jan's hair is exquisite.

BroloCrippl3Olivaw
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ben talking about what he saw with the Avengers game definitely seals the deal on me not pre-ordering

Summary? Or link?

It was canned gameplay footage that looked older than the stuff in the conference

Lots of QTEs, none of the hits had impact

The fact it looked older only makes it more believable that something has gone wrong

Brolo
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God damn, Jan's hair is exquisite.

It’s required for real life mech pilots.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Odin wrote: »
    Every video game should have a non-lethal mode. I hate having to come up with ways to mentally abstract the simulation of murder and would rather just Not Kill People

What about Wolfenstein?

I do not like seeing human beings or animals die.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Jan geeking out over pokemon is great.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    Etchwartsel_vicioBrolo
    Preacher wrote: »

Summary? Or link?

It was canned gameplay footage that looked older than the stuff in the conference

Lots of QTEs, none of the hits had impact

The fact it looked older only makes it more believable that something has gone wrong

Yikers. Man its kind of crazy with as big as avengers is there hasn't been a good game to come about from it. Like spiderman doesn't really count because that wasn't really a movie tie in.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    BroloJoolander
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Yeah I get it.

But this actually affects me on a real emotional level. This setting really means something to me and I am actually upset about the whole thing. Johnny Silverhand means something to me, and it's pretty integral to how I was introduced to gaming beyond consoles and PCs. I formed a lot of great memories and relationships through being introduced to the source material, so this one hits really close to home. You can be as dismissive as you want, but this shit hurts.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Control sounds great

I'm way into this SCP-ass setting

Librarian's ghostel_vicioCrippl3OlivawAndy Joe
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh no Giant Bomb went from having their VtM Bloodlines 2 appointment taken by Alex, the best person to see it, to having it taken by Dan, the worst person to see it

6F32U1X.png
    el_vicioakajaybayOlivawKetBraKwoaru
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    He seems to dig it, at least.

Crippl3
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Control sounds great

god bless Remedy still being out there doing their thing

6F32U1X.png
    EtchwartsJohnny ChopsockyOlivawmxmarks
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Control sounds great

I misread this as SCP ass-eating

TonkkaEtchwartsKing RiptorDyvim TvarAndy JoeKaboodles_The_Assassin
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's just how Smash fans react to everything, but I wonder if Microsoft is looking at that and going "We really need a new Banjo game."

Honestly Id be shocked if they arent just willing to unload it to Nintendo at this point. They've had nothing but miserable failures with platformers.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Control sounds great

I misread this as SCP ass-eating

Ah yes, SCP-69

Object Class: Nice

ReynoldsMorivethCrippl3Grey Ghostdarunia106StiltsASimPersonOlivawSorceAndy Joe
    Tonkka wrote: »

Yeah I get it.

But this actually affects me on a real emotional level. This setting really means something to me and I am actually upset about the whole thing. Johnny Silverhand means something to me, and it's pretty integral to how I was introduced to gaming beyond consoles and PCs. I formed a lot of great memories and relationships through being introduced to the source material, so this one hits really close to home. You can be as dismissive as you want, but this shit hurts.

Oh crap, my apologies. That wasn’t specifically directed at you and was actually meant to be more of a joke about there being too many videogames these days, but I absolutely see how it came across.

I totally get folks being super disappointed about the whole thing.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

The next tweet in the thread shows what they are talking about, I'm not linking it directly cause what the everloving fuck.

Honestly at this point, as cool as cyberpunk looks, I'm leaning towards just not getting it cause I don't trust that company at all.

Jesus fucking Christ
    This is my surprised face.

I'm pretty sure there was already something from a year-plus ago that made it agonizingly obvious that everything about how women and queerness were going to be portrayed in Cyberpunk was gonna be vile enough to render it unplayable for me. I forget what it was specifically, though. Something about bragging how female characters would get inundated by catcalls and rape threats by NPC passers-by for versimilitude, I think? I don't remember.

And let's not forget the streak of CDProjekt-affiliated Twitter unpleasantness that kept happening a bunch of times (and across multiple different posters, it eventually turned out).

Suffice it to say I wrote the game off a long time ago and have been quietly enduring the deluge of enthusiasm ever since. To be frank I'm almost relieved the other shoe is finally starting to drop just so the discourse surrounding the game can start to move forward a little.

Uh

what
    Apparently interviews for this game go back to fucking 2013 somehow, so there's no way I'm going to be able to double-check this. It's possible I'm misremembering, or had been extrapolating based on more general stuff the team was saying about the edginess of the tone. But there was definitely stuff that pegged my expectations really low really fast.

I also nonspecifically remember things of this nature coming out in the past

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Yeah I get it.

Oh crap, my apologies. That wasn’t specifically directed at you and was actually meant to be more of a joke about there being too many videogames these days, but I absolutely see how it came across.

I totally get folks being super disappointed about the whole thing.

I'm absolutely not specifically mad at you, I am totally looking for a target and you put your fool head in front of the bullseye without knowing I had drawn an arrow.

But yeah, I have a lot of emotions about this whole thing.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Veldrin
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    There were definitely discussions about how male and female characters are treated differently by NPCs, and there has obviously been a ton of gloating about how grim and edgy and terrible the dystopian world is, so it may have been a "the fuck do you THINK is going to happen?" sort of connection for me.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Based on what I know about Keanu Reeves, I'd be surprised if he didn't have something interesting to say about this if it's drawn to his attention. This is really bad.

Athenor
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm so angry about cyberpunk

I really want to play it but I don't think I can in good conscience

I feel like I need to apologise to Keanu, and then somehow rescue him from this game.

If it makes you feel any better, Keanu supports Israel's genocide of Palestine

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    There were definitely discussions about how male and female characters are treated differently by NPCs, and there has obviously been a ton of gloating about how grim and edgy and terrible the dystopian world is, so it may have been a "the fuck do you THINK is going to happen?" sort of connection for me.

I mean I don't have high expectations for CDPR's representation of gender but this is a thing other games like Mass Effect have done, and done so inoffensively

Certainly something I would want to know more about in advance of release, though

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Okay, that's now hit a level of badness where I actually AM surprised, as embarrassing as that is to my sense of pessimism.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I’m a classic mouth hand boy myself

TheStig
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Ah, the good ol' Vampire Hunter D style.

IKknkhU.gif
    LasbrookVeldrinReynoldsDarkPrimusmageormikeKing RiptorCrippl3OlivawSorceWeedLordVegetaDyvim Tvarnever die

Jerk off and get some extra protein at the same time, a true multi task

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I mean that's definitely still on-target because it's "she has more mouths so she can sexually service more guys at once" which is another instance of "portraying women as commodity" with no promise of insightful commentary on that premise

cdci44qazyo3.gif

StiltsBahamutZEROVeldrinKadithdarunia106Mortal SkyDarkPrimusmageormikeAtari SoulOlivawWyvernWeedLordVegetaCare Free BombDyvim TvarSweeney TomShortynever die
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I had figured there would be some shit in cyberpunk, but all this is way worse than I expected.

ReynoldsTonkkaSorce
    I mean that's definitely still on-target because it's "she has more mouths so she can sexually service more guys at once" which is another instance of "portraying women as commodity" with no promise of insightful commentary on that premise

Nonono, she is a champion hot dog eat-OH FUCKING GOD DAMMIT.

Ticaldfjam
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dude I would easily get a TurboGrafx 16 Mini. What a cool idea; throwing some respect to the myriad of 90s consoles that didn't make as big a splash as Nintendo, Sega, and Sony did. Those consoles did have some good games on them and it's been a couple decades, it's worth bringing those things into the spotlight.

ReynoldsDyvim TvarTicaldfjam
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    gimme that foot mouth

zkHcp.jpg
    So no news about a sequel to Horizon: Zero Dawn or X-Wing v TIE Fighter?

Kadith wrote: »
    gimme that foot mouth

Don't make me more upset than I already am, please.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    nope
    there was a trailer that looked like it might be a tie fighter thing for a couple seconds but it was lego star wars

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    BroloaugustPolaritieLegacyWeedLordVegeta