As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Dubs don't rely on Dray for 3s, it's kind of silly to include him in that. Klay and Poole have no excuse, though you always have to expect that Klank Thompson shows up in a game or two over the course of any given series, then he'll singlehandedly deliver you just as many games.

Yeah, but Draymond was 0/4 from 3

And OPJ was 4-5. Iggy was 3-4 and 1/1 from deep. Draymond definitely missed some shots he'd normally make but his scoring is always a luxury, it's just sort of weird to include him in any list of Warriors not showing up offensively.

Kasyn on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Celtics are going to force draymond to eventually hit some shots.

Also Warriors were thoroughly unprepared for New Dad Energy for the second straight finals

Can I also say how nice it was to have a game over in 2+ hours instead of a 3 hour slugfest with a hundred foul calls and refs forcing dudes to try flopping forty times

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I'm so sad right now

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    That comeback was crazy.

I'm in Toronto, so a Boston team doing well is usually infuriating.

However when we won the championship a few years ago, there was so much whining from GSW fans that I'm actually glad Boston is winning.

Still I think this series is going to go to 7. It's gonna be close.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    People are really overlooking that Boston played at an all-time level from January on

Oh fuck

Did I just do a “they never believed in us” for a Boston team

Geth….

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    That comeback was crazy.

However when we won the championship a few years ago, there was so much whining from GSW fans that I'm actually glad Boston is winning.

They never should have left Oakland. They're a bunch of babies as fragile as their new NIMBY fans now.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Boston have shown themselves to be a legitimate contender. Also with every single TV commentator on the broadcast picking Golden State you kinda love to see them steal this first game.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Dixon wrote: »
    That comeback was crazy.

They never should have left Oakland. They're a bunch of babies as fragile as their new NIMBY fans now.

Tell us how you really feel

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s true, harder to splash in SF, you gotta have that Oakland Stroke

https://youtu.be/G0TUGeT9uUk

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

People are acting like he is saying you didn't have to try against the Heat, but what he's really saying is that you can't play in drop coverage (start back) against the Warriors, because Steph Curry =/= Jimmy Butler from behind the arc.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    i'm so scared

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Jesus fuck, Mark Jackson's "shame on you teacher" anecdote it precisely whats so nauseating about him.

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Hey Warriors, you're a professional basketball team, you can't be missing 4 straight layups.

Got the zach Zarba whistle tonight combined with the Tony brothers special

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Jackson again getting sanctimonious about Celtics playets and their careless fouls, neglecting to mention at least 2 of those players were called for complete bushit fouls, and the Tatum one was questionable.

If after all that the Warriors can only manage a 1 pt lead at home, feeling very confident about our chances this series. Can’t do anything about the hack job steals going uncalled, but cleaning up the half dozen careless passes will go a long way

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Real shame JVG made it back before Mike Breen

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Cool lol stop our chance at an easy basket then erase the technical

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Warriors need to try utilizing a pump fake here or there

How blatant a foul will it have to be get Tatum any more free throws

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Every Boston possession this half has been painful to watch.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Klay forcing it way too much

It’s lame when you can see who’s refereeing and know the game is going to be a boring paceless slog with poor officiating

Don’t think anyone can argue this game is more fun than game 1

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    No excuses, this is the worst version of the Celtics tho

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    POOLE HALF COURT SHOT AT THE BUZZER

edited June 2022
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It’s lame when you can see who’s refereeing and know the game is going to be a boring paceless slog with poor officiating

Don’t think anyone can argue this game is more fun than game 1

I dunno I'm having a good time

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Warriors had 33 points off turnovers. Huge difference from Game 1

Tatum -36, YIKES. By far the worst on the team.

TelMarine wrote: »
    Tatum -36, YIKES. By far the worst on the team.

Worst in finals in play by play era actually

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Okay, any fucking day now we'll have the Klay game.

Please?

No?

Alright.

Kasyn wrote: »
    Okay, any fucking day now we'll have the Klay game.

Please?

No?

Alright.

you gotta wait 4 more games

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    It’s ok for Celtics to win in 6 we did have to lose two games

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Still think this is the Warrior's championship to lose. Celtics can hang and win games but Warriors have a higher ceiling. If the Warriors start clicking together in top gear it's near impossible to stop them, but if they get disrupted or play sloppy the Celtics will absolutely punish them, and that's not something they have often dealt with this season.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    2 blowouts one either way is pretty much exactly on brand for how i expected this series to go

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    2 blowouts one either way is pretty much exactly on brand for how i expected this series to go

I dont really consider game 1 a blowout, since they Celtics didnt even catch them until like 3 or 4 mins were left.

And Game 2 was extremely competitive until the 3rd.

Genuinely no clue where this series is going to go. Feels like the spectrum of possible outcomes is enormous.