As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nba] franken-warriors rise as curse of the brook settles over lakers

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Ive been saying this for years, i will immediately jump right back on the Kings bandwagon the moment they are good. Ive waited 16 years for it and foresook them as my primary team, but i will feel no shame.

Let's see. A few years ago when Michael Malone was the head coach and they had DeMarcus, they started off well, but then DeMarcus and others got injured and it went all downhill. They still have time to prove that they are indeed the Kings.

Oh, remaining Kingsly is absolutely the most likely outcome still. But I must admit, some small glimmer of hope does reside deep in my rotten breast.

Turns out that the team was just cursed because of the Queen of England, and now that the UK has a King again, their time has come.

• Options
    Further proof the queen's curse is over

Also for those not up on the latest memes, every time they win a game they fire a purple space laser which is like..... The exact amount of corny to be awesome.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

When I was watching the game, I was like, oh come on that's not going in...and then holy shit. This dude is amazing

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    What's more amazing is that the Warriors needed 70 points from their backcourt alone to get their first road win against the worst team in the NBA.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    What's more amazing is that the Warriors needed 70 points from their backcourt alone to get their first road win against the worst team in the NBA.

It's because their bench is terrible right now, especially on the road. The Warriors started the game with a 40-28 1st quarter. Bench unit comes in, Houston goes on a 15-0 run.

• Options
    They're also getting killed on boards. It's never really been their strong suit, but they are giving up 11 offensive boards a game and their second best rebounder is...Steph at 6.7

Wiseman got sent to the G-League which puts more pressure on everyone while Kuminga isn't fitting with any lineup.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The problem is “Dray” and “Poole” with Dray representing the team seemingly have no heart/juice on defense and Poole representing the guys GS committed to (either with contracts or by not moving) as the next gen who suck shit now

• Options
    Kings with a 7th straight win and over Memphis...Kings fans must find this so surreal...winning.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Kings with a 7th straight win and over Memphis...Kings fans must find this so surreal...winning.

We have a super tough schedule now so I'll be happy if we win half of the next handful of games.

Also, as a Kings fans I'm actually happiest seeing us have an actual coach.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

We have a super tough schedule now so I'll be happy if we win half of the next handful of games.

I dunno, I thought you guys did pretty well when Alpha Kappa Phi was coaching the team.

• Options

Well you did in Michael Malone but Ranadive is a crazy person who wanted to use his strategies with his elementary school daughter's basketball team in the NBA.

• Options
    West starting to get a bit packed here. Warriors have surged from a 3-7 start, Utah and Portland have faded a bit, and the Spurs revealed that yes, they have entered the Victor sweepstakes as expected. Wolves also about to go under .500, that Gobert trade looking not so great at the moment...

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    As a fairly casual NBA fan, it's got me tickled pink the King's are raising back towards relevance. First basketball game I ever saw live was during the Kings' last year in Kansas City.

Once they moved to Cali I landed on the Rockets as my favorite team in the Sampson + Hakeem years of the late 80s. Always kept an eye on the King's though and loved their early 2000's run with Webber. Bibby, Vlade, etc...and still feel they should've got a championship the year Bibby's nose was whistled for a foul on that Kobe drive in game 6 of the WCF.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    As a fairly casual NBA fan, it's got me tickled pink the King's are raising back towards relevance. First basketball game I ever saw live was during the Kings' last year in Kansas City.

Once they moved to Cali I landed on the Rockets as my favorite team in the Sampson + Hakeem years of the late 80s. Always kept an eye on the King's though and loved their early 2000's run with Webber. Bibby, Vlade, etc...and still feel they should've got a championship the year Bibby's nose was whistled for a foul on that Kobe drive in game 6 of the WCF.

Well hold on there, let's pump the breaks on the Kings returning to relevance, they had a 7 game win streak but now have lost 3 straight, they still have plenty of time to flop again.

Man, Utah has absolutely fallen. Five straight losses for the Jazz, and now have a worse record than the Warriors. Been an interesting first quarter of the season so far.

• Options
    The Warriors/Rockets game had an insane 3 point differential:

Rockets: 3/28
    Warriors: 25/52

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    The Warriors/Rockets game had an insane 3 point differential:

Rockets: 3/28
    Warriors: 25/52

I mean, 3/28 is better than 0/27...

• Options

Well hold on there, let's pump the breaks on the Kings returning to relevance, they had a 7 game win streak but now have lost 3 straight, they still have plenty of time to flop again.
    https://gfycat.com/spotlesswillingacornwoodpecker

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

That's pretty good, haha. Big road trip coming up though, 6-gamer.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Jragghen wrote: »

That's pretty good, haha. Big road trip coming up though, 6-gamer.

Yeah, we'll see how they handle it -they've been playing a lot better than previous years, and not giving up the way I've seen them do before. I don't think they're a top team, but there's definitely an energy around town - thinking the playoff drought ends this year.

But if Fox or Sabonis get injured badly, the wheels probably fall off

Jragghen on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    God damn AD

• Options
    Chris Paul once again showing the world why he's a giant fucking hypocrite, and petty besides.

• Options
    Chris Paul once again showing the world why he's a giant fucking hypocrite, and petty besides.

Pelicans/Suns matchups getting mighty interesting now.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2022

The Suns were doing better without Paul's ass In the lineup.

Pauls are assholes though. Chris Paul, Jake/ Logan Paul, Paul George , Rand Paul.

And the worst Paul of all.

Paul, the Pharasiee, formerly Saul In the Bible.

Fuck Paul's. They are worst than Roberts.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

The Suns were doing better without Paul's ass In the lineup.

Pauls are assholes though. Chris Paul, Jake/ Logan Paul, Paul George , Rand Paul.

And the worst Paul of all.

Paul, the Pharasiee, formerly Saul In the Bible.

Fuck Paul's. They are worst than Roberts.

Terrible timing. Paul Silas has passed away today.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I blame Jon Bois for making him relive that 2011 Bobcats season

RIP Coach Silas

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Everyone should celebrate that Chris Paul has no championships and a reputation as a playoff choker.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I will forever love grand theft Alvarado for managing to insert himself into cp3's brain forever
    He will wake up in a cold sweat in the nursing home with nightmares about Alvarado 50 years from now in the same way AI has nightmares about Tyronn Lue

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    The West is looking like it'll be like 2014 or whenever it was when the Spurs went from the #2 seed to the #6 seed on the last day of the season. Just absolutely PACKED right now. The Warriors are reeling a bit now too...Curry out for several weeks, Andrew Wiggins still out, Draymond probably day-to-day...and 0-3 on a 6 game roadie right now. Yeesh.

• Options
    I agree with all of that but also I can see Memphis running away with the one seed.

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    I feel like this is the season of hope. Almost every team has something to be happy about, and there’s nobody good enough to pretty much guarantee a spot in the finals. It’s definitely more exciting mid season than it has been for a while.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    lmao imagine being happy a as a sixers fan since like, 1983

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

AI seemed pretty fun.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

AI seemed pretty fun.

Embiid is a legitimate MVP contender for like 2-3 years running. They’ve finished with 50ish wins and top 4 in the east 4 out of the last 5 years.

Like yeah they aren’t rolling into year 7 of the bulls 6 rings in 8 years dynasty, but shit man. If you can’t be happy about a team with a serious chance for 5 years running maybe you shouldn’t be a sports fan.

Now of course it ends in tears every year, and we all sort of expect that to some degree, but that team is by no means unlikeable.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Yeah, some people will always be unhappy with any outcome that isnt a title. Some people are also really attached to the "tortured team fan" identity (thanks Bill Simmons!). 76ers have been, seemingly, an above average franchise with a handful of disappointments and a higb profile losing period.

• Options
    Sixers did have a long period of tanking in which they got several high draft picks. Embiid + Simmons had finally put them back into contention. They went through Nerlens Noel, Markelle Fultz, Michael-Carter Williams, and Jalil Okafor

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    remember when they chose simmons over butler

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    it was tobias harris they paid, and it was after butler decided to leave.

unless you're saying the sixers should have cut simmons, still on his rookie deal, to make butler happy so he stayed, which like, is just never going to happen.

idk that whole thing was basically the one year rental, dude was never staying and just looked for an excuse in simmons' extremely lackluster performance. tho he kinda vanished in the raptors series too.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Sixers did have a long period of tanking in which they got several high draft picks. Embiid + Simmons had finally put them back into contention. They went through Nerlens Noel, Markelle Fultz, Michael-Carter Williams, and Jalil Okafor

I remember when FEDS was the next big thing. Then I think someone photoshopped them in the same picture all in crutches. Cause they were always injured.

Amazing how many players you can get with “potential”, and never have them work out. At least embiid is playing (on borrowed time probably). He could be like Oden and never have played at all. He seemed like he had a similar injury problem for a big man.

• Options
    embiid has generally been fairly healthy compared to his reputation tbh

he's had some knee and back problems, but for a 7 footer it's nothing exceptional. most of his playoff relevant injuries in recent years have been freak shit, i mean he's had his face broken twice, and had his finger fucked up when it got caught in a jersey. usually misses a random streak of like 10 games when he has knee tendinitis or when lebron tabletopped him and then some load management on back to backs. he's played 75% of the sixers regular season games since the 19-20 season, it's not like he never plays.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    remember when they chose simmons over butler

It's not like Butler wasn't a headcase too

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG