As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I guess my issue is that fighting with gear is usually my least favorite part of any build.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess my issue is that fighting with gear is usually my least favorite part of any build.

Herald Stacking is very much a fighting with gear build. And you need to be good at PoB or have a fuck ton of regret orbs. I went with the latter.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    Looking at PoE.ninja, ilvl 84 Elder Stygian Vises are selling at 17ex as a base item, does it make sense to buy an awakeners orb for ~2ex, apply it to this ilvl 84 Stygian that just dropped, and be able to sell it for 17ex?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    looks like 3.11 announcement will be in 2 weeks ish, june 2nd

J3qcnBP.png
    Looking at PoE.ninja, ilvl 84 Elder Stygian Vises are selling at 17ex as a base item, does it make sense to buy an awakeners orb for ~2ex, apply it to this ilvl 84 Stygian that just dropped, and be able to sell it for 17ex?

poe.ninja prices are based on algorithms; they generally do not know the rolls of the item being sold

searching the trade site for ilvl 84 stygians gets these results

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/D69B6b7C5

you can see the mods matter, and that it needs to be dual influenced with hunter

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »

poe.ninja prices are based on algorithms; they generally do not know the rolls of the item being sold

searching the trade site for ilvl 84 stygians gets these results

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/D69B6b7C5

you can see the mods matter, and that it needs to be dual influenced with hunter

Well, at least I thought to ask before wasting ex on an awakeners orb. I thought for sure that would be too easy.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I built an Electronic Old Man

It's probably not as absurd as herald stacking, but this build completely levels things at an astonishing speed. Only 78 right now, once I get enough levels this should flatten Sirus. Relatively cheap too!

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2020
    Finally got an A8 Sirus deathless, so I'm basically done with trying to challenge content for a while. I think I'm going to try some builds to see what would make a good league starter; I may try out a poison ranger build as they look like they use mostly crafted stuff and common uniques.

A duck! on
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    When did the current league drop & any idea how long it's running for?

I've played for hundreds of hours and still haven't beat elder/shaper, might be time to fix that

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Mid-June for next league is the current estimate though GGG did say delays will be possible. Current date for end of Delirium is June 9.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    The other day I was scrolling through the achievements and realized that I started playing this back in 2013. I haven't played anywhere near consistently for that whole time, but it's crazy how different the game is between then and now.

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    When did the current league drop & any idea how long it's running for?

I've played for hundreds of hours and still haven't beat elder/shaper, might be time to fix that

League has probably a month to go. It is a good league insofar as there is a pretty high return mechanic (delirium) that requires a "broken" build to really engage. Luckily there is such a build (google "herald stacking"). The only issue I can see one facing is that the league is fairly over by traditional metrics. This might mean cheap gear but more likely means SSF Plus. Eternal caveat is that I play on Xbox so PC might still be a place where there is a real market where you can buy stuff. I'm having a fuckton of fun. I might even start looking at checking off 40/40 although I doubt it.

Edit: Just pinged 98 on my herald stacking Scion. Previous high was 94 although to be fair that was on SSFHC and it was during a race (I think one of those month long end season things from a year ago).

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Well thank goodness for a little bit of luck and end of season malaise. Had a The Anticipation shield drop from Uul-Netol and converted it into a The Surrender which allowed me to switch my lacerate gladiator over to a facebreaker cyclone gladiator and it is performing much better, to the point that it is the first character I've got that has been able to kill A8 Sirus. Did pretty well in the simulacrum as well, took only one death from a level 20 Kosis. It's not an insane DPS machine like some other builds but it is consistent and mobile which helps a ton.

Build from Esoro

steam_sig.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    What is the verdict on Vulcan so far? Does it fix the near unplayable engine issues present in the game for awhile now when at end game mob and effect spam?

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Woowoo poe news day! I’m excited to see what’s next.

Delirium has been pretty cool though, it finally got me through to the end of the campaign (AW Necro) and I actually started a second character this league (Cobra Lash Assassin). Learning more with each one, this time finally getting a handle on CWDT and how Poison works.

I just want to add that I increasingly love the ability to mix up how skills work. Like, hmm what if I made Despair an aura? Nah I dart around too fast. So what about whirling blades + curse on hit-Despair? Awww yiss.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    What is the verdict on Vulcan so far? Does it fix the near unplayable engine issues present in the game for awhile now when at end game mob and effect spam?

For alot of pc specs, yep.

its a very solid update and most of the anecdotal evidence ive seen have said its improved all sorts of cpu bottle neck

J3qcnBP.png
    edited June 2020

I guess this is where to watch it in a few?

Main site down for maintenance.

Noggin on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    https://www.pathofexile.com/harvest

HARVEST - Reverse Blight - set up gardens, then attack them as they try to defend themselves!

Absalon on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    This looks hilarious.

Incoming Arcbrand!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited June 2020
    This is not a brainlet league for sure. Also seems as if melee and 2H melee/warcries are getting some love. Three new brands and brand reworks too. I was set on playing Marauder/Templar/Witch this league so this is perf for me.

Absalon on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Looks like they've taken the "one color league" complaints to heart, heh

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ZiggyD is about to go live with a Q&A with Chris Wilson

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there downtime between leagues or does it go from one to the next league now?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    There is usually a few days of downtime. I used to clean up my standard stash, but I have way too many tabs now that I just want to delete so I don't bother.

The Brand mechanic is really cool, so a brand that casts spell sequences sounds crazy. The one that builds damage until they die or you recall it off sounds kinda like d3's spirit barrage builds. I think I missed the third type?

Also, I like that you can optionally go to the grove or not. I felt like Metamorph kept interrupting my momentum, where Delirium was maybe too easy to just run concurrent with quests. This sounds like a good in between.

here's Ziggy's video, tons and tons more information and footage and explanations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phv0iW64Gjc

Arc Brands are gonna be fucking lit

Oh hey my stunlock build just keeps getting buffs

May need to remove the cheap portion of the guide if its popular

J3qcnBP.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Yo wtf is this, this is hilarious

wcd2c7ay0nox.jpg

This took me a few tries.

Problem is that Lightning damage varies so much that you will get instagibbed if your resistance is too low. Especially if you have a map with monster crit mods. But you can do some hysterical damage if you balance things out and mitigate the downside.

Seeds won't have to be stashed, there will be a specific bin for them in the grove, and sounds like in the hideout. :+1:

Absalon wrote: »
    Problem is that Lightning damage varies so much that you will get instagibbed if your resistance is too low. Especially if you have a map with monster crit mods. But you can do some hysterical damage if you balance things out and mitigate the downside.

With this chestpiece you tank your Lightning Resistance and boost your Armor instead. Now your high armor protects from physical and lightning hits and all nearby enemies have -60% lightning resistance.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Looks like they've taken the "one color league" complaints to heart, heh

I appreciate that we have three colors. It even looks readable! That giant mass of yellow is that sort of critter...

Gonna dig running powerlines and stuff. I hated blight because I felt like I was cleaning up a mess not of my own making, but this is more my speed.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I like that armour.

That armour made me think.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    passive tree changes good unique revamps good

both just enough to make replaying vastly more worthwhile

obF2Wuw.png
    I need to plan a good cheap starter for this league so I feel less bad about doing weird stuff next league. ED/Cont/Bane wasn't bad, but also I was too busy trying to make a gimmick work, and then forcing a witch build to fit trickster builds.

seismic warcry seems like my shit

J3qcnBP.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I need to plan a good cheap starter for this league so I feel less bad about doing weird stuff next league. ED/Cont/Bane wasn't bad, but also I was too busy trying to make a gimmick work, and then forcing a witch build to fit trickster builds.

WEIRD STUFF WEIRD STUFF WEIRD STUFF

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.