As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I'm thinking Consecrated Path + Fist of War + Ruthless and getting my AS up to where every third hit every 1.8 seconds is just a fucking slobberknocker.

With what weapon I dunno, maybe a 2H.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    I only started playing in Metamorph league so this is the first time I've seen the stash tab mess in standard. I tried moving a couple of tabs and quickly said F this, those tabs are staying there forever.

I started in Nemesis. My stash growls at me when I get near it in Standard.

I started in Essence. I haven't played standard in quite some time.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I load Standard every once in a blue moon with the thought that I'll try some build, but then I look at my stash, and log back out.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Alright so with the new POB fork I can get a Champ with a 5-link, no warcry scaling, and a 630 dps axe (which isn't extremely unreasonable with a multimod after a 30% quality fossil) and a +2 impale Watcher's Eye to just over 5.4 million dps (but I know the dps figure is going to be very skewed, since it's not a DPS build, it's a burst build). I'm assuming with the Fist of the Ancients link, the Seismic warcry and the extra exert hit, it should realistically be doing a big Sunder hit for close to 4.3 million damage on average. This is factoring in 53% effective crit on 400% crit multi, which is probably about the highest I'd be realistic in pushing without extreme currency expenditures. This is also with a Ryslatha and an Abyssus, which I'm not in love with, but if it proves that one or both is overkill, I'd be happy to drop either or both.

The biggest question I'm pondering right now is which Champion nodes to take. Worthy Foe seems insane, and Master of Mettle seems totally necessary, so I'm undecided between Inspirational or First to Strike Last to Fall. Inspirational just lets me use a Dread Banner, which is worth about 10% dps, but First to Strike Last to Fall makes enemies take 10% increased damage (which ends up being closer to 8% damage) and the big Adrenaline boost. Any opinions here? I've never made a Champ before.

• Options
    Unless I seem some really interesting starter builds suggested, I'll probably try Toxic Rain mines on Trickster.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hello frens I made some builds for myself

Infernal Cry Flicker Strike Raider

Archmage Arc Ignite Trickster

What do with these?? (POB is not fully updated yet of course)

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    They're testing something called dynamic culling this league.

• Options
    I wonder how doing a mace build with the attacks that stun have culling will feel. With those beefy 2h hits, anything that isn't killed is probably in culling range, and also stunned.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

+1 strike gauntlets but no tribal fury?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    wat

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874544

Tier 3
    Vivid Whipleg Bulb
    Reveals a currency item exchange, trading ten of a certain type of currency for other currency items when Harvested

Exchange 10 Chaos Orbs for an Exalted Orb

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FlirtyGoldenStapleTBTacoRight

according to a note from Bex, you'll be able to store a limited number of Harvest crafts in a new Horticrafting station to use later

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Crippl3 wrote: »

according to a note from Bex, you'll be able to store a limited number of Harvest crafts in a new Horticrafting station to use later

Well, I guess they heard the complaints
    Attempt to Awaken a level 20 Support Gem that can be Awakened with a 5% chance. If it does not Awaken, it is destroyed.

Awakened gems are coming down in cost yall

Brody on

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

+1 strike gauntlets but no tribal fury?

I may do that but I want to see how explodey Infernal Cry is, it may not be necessary.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    can't decide between thicc jugg or bleed EQ 🤔

• Options
    The urge to just start Jugg and pick whatever slam skill feels nice is pretty strong.

Also, I found it amusing going through the list of DPS comparisons for uniques in 3.10 vs 3.11, and almost all of them were nerfed by such a small number as to be pointless, or buffed.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Occultist Ice Crash is kind of looking tempting as well.

Profane Bloom and Malediction with those big ass Slam hits, Infernal Sword. Hm.

jungleroomx on
  • Options

If you aren't going hard on the cold damage specifically, you could swing over to avatar of fire.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »

If you aren't going hard on the cold damage specifically, you could swing over to avatar of fire.

New Ice Crash is 100% cold damage, would cut my damage in half. Unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    edited June 2020

New Ice Crash is 100% cold damage, would cut my damage in half. Unless I'm missing something.

Grab cold to fire, and it should convert 100% of damage to fire? And then you get to double dip on any + element damage nodes.

Edit: stipulation that I am not a particularly skilled PoE

Brody on

• Options
    edited June 2020

Grab cold to fire, and it should convert 100% of damage to fire? And then you get to double dip on any + element damage nodes.

I'd have to switch the thing entirely, probably to an ES build, because with fire it's invalidated frigid wake and void beacon

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Weird question, but I've never been home for a league start before. Do I just follow the torrent link to get the new patch, and presumably drag and drop it into the steam folder, so that I can get in the queue with everyone else?

From what I understand, the big standalone file is slightly different from the steam file. Copying it over would fail the steam verification and cause steam to redownload it (20+ gigs at this point).

Also, as far as I know, switching from steam to the standalone version requires some sort of account transfer... so I'm not sure you can really just play on the standalone version for patch day, then go back to steam.

Edit: This is information from a few leagues ago, so it might have changed. Also, I'm fairly sure you have time between when the steam patch goes out and when the queue starts.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Well, I guess they heard the complaints
    Attempt to Awaken a level 20 Support Gem that can be Awakened with a 5% chance. If it does not Awaken, it is destroyed.

Awakened gems are coming down in cost yall

Meanwhile, level 20 support gems skyrocketing in cost.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I started heavily in Metamorph and managed to get to the atlas last season before I put it down to play other games. But for all intents and purposes, I am in incredible idiot at this game and what constitutes understanding of end game concepts. Both times I’ve played I ended up with summoner necromancer, I think because it was mostly “set it and forget it”.

If I end up playing this league I will definitely want something new. I’m open to suggestions... what’s a fun league starter that scales into the other stuff?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I started heavily in Metamorph and managed to get to the atlas last season before I put it down to play other games. But for all intents and purposes, I am in incredible idiot at this game and what constitutes understanding of end game concepts. Both times I’ve played I ended up with summoner necromancer, I think because it was mostly “set it and forget it”.

If I end up playing this league I will definitely want something new. I’m open to suggestions... what’s a fun league starter that scales into the other stuff?

Check out this Dominating Blow build. It's a melee build that dominates minions to be on your side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsNeP8AE2s

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    dom blow should work with generals cry

also u can just unearth to guarantee 5 mirages

there u go a free meme

i assume if u use infernal cry with shockwave support ur exerted attack will proc both the combust explosdion and the shockwave for a big ole plonk?

EDIT: wait shockwave says it has "4 uses" with a 1sec cooldown...? thats kinda fucked if so, 4 back to back shockwaves with 260% dam

dual strike is also cracked now

look at this fucking thing

gejj1yydh2ww.png

EDIT:

Berek's Respite: The radius at which it can spread ailments to other enemies is now 25 units (from 12). This affects existing versions of this item.

^ its good again awoo

Maligaro's Lens: The radius at which nearby allies are healed when you die has been increased to 35 units (from 20). This affects all versions of the item. The amount by which allies are healed is now 1% of your maximum Life (from 2%), which existing versions can be updated to with the use of a Divine Orb and a temporary loss of your mental faculties.

^ only one person thinks this is a buff and its me

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    ok heres a meme

infernal cry, shockwave support, the cauteriser, infernal blow

when u hit an enemy it should trigger: 1) combust aoe 2) shockwave aoe 3) gore aoe from cauteriser 4) infernal blow aoe when enemy dies 5) hp explosion

ez mcclap

also thinking about it generals cry + infernal blow should be pretty fucked

also al dhih offhand stupid weapon mainhand + general's cry + infernal cry + infernal blow is some real shit

HOLY RELIC CAN CRIT NOW

TIME TO DO CRIT RELICS

geofris legacy, victarios influence chest with max zealotry, precision, wrath

necro aegis light of lunaris, dual charge spectres, smite

4blue triune grip

ez mcclapperino

EDIT: wanna do a cast on crit build but dont want to invest in crit?

augyre mainhand, ungils harmony neck, 60% crit chance with zero investment and ur already taking ele overload so the penalty from ungils literally doesnt matter

doing a patch notes and gem etc pre-league meme extraction stream on twitch.tv/tinyangrycrab

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna do warcry/exert Earthquake bleeds, with Gladiator for biggest bleeds ever. I tried to make a crit Slayer version work, but I wasn't tracking how much investment I'm going to need into warcries to make them usable.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Wait, people are saying they altered War Bringer again?

Edit:
    UPDATED: War Bringer has been redesigned. It now causes Warcries to grant 10 Rage per 5 Power if you have less than 25 Rage, and causes them to sacrifice 10 Rage if you have at least 25 Rage. It also causes Exerted Attacks to deal 50% more Damage if a Warcry sacrificed Rage recently.

Brody on

• Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Wait, people are saying they altered War Bringer again?

Buffed the numbers anyway. What I've seen is its now 10 rage per 5 power if under 25 rage, and only -10 rage if above 25.

• Options
    al dhih sets your warcry cooldown to 4 seconds

infernal / generals have a cooldown of 8 base... thats fucking nuts

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    al dhih sets your warcry cooldown to 4 seconds

infernal / generals have a cooldown of 8 base... thats fucking nuts

Will Al Dhih overwrite cooldown reductions? Or do they apply to the new 4 sec base.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    update is ready to DL on steam

gogogo

• Options
    I work until 8 today and 9 to 5 tomorrow

This is the worst thing thats ever happened

• Options
    2k in the queue!

will be doing my degenerate streaming all weekend, will post when its up in a bit

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    also neversink just updated their filters

• Options
    Oh hell yes, Zizaran made a spellslinger fireball hit build. I'm definitely gonna be running that.

If it ends up not scaling well enough for red maps, I can always swap to VD spellslinger, since the tree is mostly the same.

...I just really like fireball as a skill, ok?

• Options
    Oh hell yes, Zizaran made a spellslinger fireball hit build. I'm definitely gonna be running that.

If it ends up not scaling well enough for red maps, I can always swap to VD spellslinger, since the tree is mostly the same.

fireball looks like it will absolutely obliterate this league

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

It got buffed! A lot!

And now it can scorch with the new threshold jewel.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I really hope that the labyrinth-focused harvest options will allow helmet enchants to be easier to get. Ideally, one of them ends up being something like "choose from 3 different enchant options at the labyrinth device" or something like that.

• Options
    oh yeah scourge is totally broekn now

150% of minion damage nodes is like 600-800% free global damage

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.