As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    qu93b15v18kv.png

we finding ILLEGAL ENERGY DRINKS out here

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    With Skitterbots being able to retrigger mines repeatedly, how is this idea? Desecrate mines(High impact for the debuff aura), that you never bother to manually detonate, and then start tossing around Detonate Dead, Volatile Dead, Cremation, or even Bodyswap traps? Not sure what would be the most efficient damage from desecrate spawned corpses.

If I go Saboteur, what nodes would be best?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    eelektrik wrote: »
    With Skitterbots being able to retrigger mines repeatedly, how is this idea? Desecrate mines(High impact for the debuff aura), that you never bother to manually detonate, and then start tossing around Detonate Dead, Volatile Dead, Cremation, or even Bodyswap traps? Not sure what would be the most efficient damage from desecrate spawned corpses.

If I go Saboteur, what nodes would be best?

Not going for the bespoke necromancer nodes?

Edit: though thinking about it I guess they wouldn’t work with mines as you wouldn’t be spawning the corpses

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    qu93b15v18kv.png

we finding ILLEGAL ENERGY DRINKS out here

I got that suffix on a Surgeon's Silver Flask and I'm a crit build.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    day one stuffs

ouc5C2E.png

DKZpbtx.png

xcRwOLN.png

LJ3qShq.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    This league seems pretty nuts so far. Storm brand has been petty dope. Got two Axiom clubs or w/e, which really makes SB chew through stuff.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Ok so deathmark only makes supported minions target, not all minions. Sad day. Its strictly worse than just minion damage unless they are focusing. Maybe have it to switch in on big bosses?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    @fRAWRst I just want you to know that even though I'm not making a build with it, I've made sure to put your card as T1 in my loot filter so I can turn it in one day

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The primary benefit is better dps uptime. You can clear non bosses without really worrying about minmaxing your gems but ensuring that your dudes are dpsing instead of hugging you while you dodge stuff is very helpful.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    @fRAWRst I just want you to know that even though I'm not making a build with it, I've made sure to put your card as T1 in my loot filter so I can turn it in one day

<3

its t1 rare so itll make good noises too!

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    quoEax4.png

Okay, that competes with Dendrobate alright.

Contaminate spawns Fungal Growth when you kill an enemy.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm no longer playing Cobra Lash.

I'm playing Plaguebearer that happens to use Cobra Lash.

This shit is ridiculous.

Characters
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I'm no longer playing Cobra Lash.

I'm playing Plaguebearer that happens to use Cobra Lash.

This shit is ridiculous.

Is that the poison aura thing? I’ve heard it’s nuts.

• Options
    This league mechanic is better than I expected. I thought tower defense would be snooze but there's just enough actual needed involvement and tension that I get excited each encounter.

I'm having pretty big issues with visibility in blight maps though. There's just 100 million visual effects going on between towers, minions, enemies, and glowing plant lanes and I literally can't see anything.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think I wanna play a totemy templar this league, it feels very in tune with the league mechanic

Or maybe a ranger if there's a good/cheap/tanky ranger build that uses the cool new poison skills?

I've played a shadow, duelist, and witch to maps so far so I figure I should play the other ones

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Divine Ire, Arc, Ice Lance and Glacial Cascade are all good totem Hierophant options. I tried EK totem Hierophant and can't recommend it, personally.

• Options
    Day 2 finished, Kitava down, Merc Lab done, maps unlocked. Merc Lab & Kitava at 3500 hp is interesting and totally not sketchy, nope.

1 ex, 28c total acquired during leveling. Above average result, so this is a good start. That ex is pretty much two Wasp Nests anyway.

Characters
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I laugh but still want to get a full set of the cosmetics for the new mystery box.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I'm on Xbox so I have to wait until Monday but a) the new mechanic looks super cool and b) it is probably going to suck on console. I'm thinking of giving the new icicle mine a shot. Have watched some of that on twitch and it looks pretty awesome. Also noted the new leveling strat is heavy in orb of storms so that might be cool to try. I love how this stuff comes out of nowhere and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    First summoner build I've done that has been enjoyable.

I dont know what it is but I think I'm going to check out some other summoners to see if theres anything I'm missing. It's not like I'm having a hard time, I'm absolutely crushing everything, but for the late game stuff

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I got worried about what was wrong with my build/gems until I realized my gear was hysterical garbage save for the decent resistances.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I'm on Xbox so I have to wait until Monday but a) the new mechanic looks super cool and b) it is probably going to suck on console. I'm thinking of giving the new icicle mine a shot. Have watched some of that on twitch and it looks pretty awesome. Also noted the new leveling strat is heavy in orb of storms so that might be cool to try. I love how this stuff comes out of nowhere and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

Yeah, I wonder if we can get away with not messing with the towers. Trying to interact with anything during combat is such a crapshoot in Xbox

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    With vaal skeletons I can make 44 total skeletons that burn nearby enemies for just over 5k a second. Each. At level 70.

Necro is pretty good!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Divine Ire, Arc, Ice Lance and Glacial Cascade are all good totem Hierophant options. I tried EK totem Hierophant and can't recommend it, personally.

I saw a freeze pulse totem build I think looks cool that I'm trying now, it seems like it kinda takes a while to get off the ground though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Found a Seven Years card, what's 1/260th of a mirror worth?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    With vaal skeletons I can make 44 total skeletons that burn nearby enemies for just over 5k a second. Each. At level 70.

Necro is pretty good!

Do the Infernal Legion auras stack?
    Yilias wrote: »
    Found a Seven Years card, what's 1/260th of a mirror worth?

A lot more later than it's worth now!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    aukunas will is broken as hell right now

zombies counting as corpses but they have their minion life mods

massive minion level bonuses and level a jillion zombies with a jillion life nodes and then blow them up

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

Yeah, I wonder if we can get away with not messing with the towers. Trying to interact with anything during combat is such a crapshoot in Xbox

I'm hoping they give more time to sort out the initial defense but after that I'm very much in fear of combat interaction shenanigans. I honestly can't see how they will pull it off.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Carpy wrote: »

I'm hoping they give more time to sort out the initial defense but after that I'm very much in fear of combat interaction shenanigans. I honestly can't see how they will pull it off.

Dude this immense density of enemies are crashing pc players the consoles are going to commit sepukku.

• Options
    "Okay, why are Zizaran (SRS) and Mathil (Poison) both using Skitterbots?"
    Shocking Skitterbot's Aura Shocks Enemies near it
    Chilling Skitterbot's Aura Chills Enemies near it

Oh.

Sure, for 35% mana reservation you too can chill and shock literally everything around you.

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah there is literally no reason not to use them if you can since they are immortal as well .

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

massive minion level bonuses and level a jillion zombies with a jillion life nodes and then blow them up

THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT, which is also why they're 2ex+ right now

Pacificstar on
  • Options

THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT, which is also why they're 2ex+ right now

i havent tested it but just checking the price and wording made me immediately go "o yeah thats gotta be fucked"

not least because with a legion jewel you can get 240% minion life at the top of the tree for like 5 points

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I went with all blue meme minion glove and a vis and now everything is dying I dont even have time to target bosses in the white maps with Deathmark. I curse them conductivity/enfeeble and they're dead.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Finished a blight map, pressed my loot button, entire screen froze for 2 seconds as it tried to process.

• Options
    I went with all blue meme minion glove and a vis and now everything is dying I dont even have time to target bosses in the white maps with Deathmark. I curse them conductivity/enfeeble and they're dead.

i told u bro i told u about lightning's

i wanted to do SPIDER CRAB spectres but you cant desecrate them... life is a struggle....

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Finished a blight map, pressed my loot button, entire screen froze for 2 seconds as it tried to process.

I haven't been able to complete a blight map yet, both the ones I tried crashed :(

• Options
    Are you playing summoner? Part of why they changed Femur of the Saints was to reduce the dynamic calculations. The server has a rough time calculating auras and other buffs for 10-30 minions and if you really tax it with stuff Vaal Summon Skeletons it'll straight give up.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Flameblast Ignite Prolif works pretty good. And im doing decent damage in crap gear on a 5L.

This discussion has been closed.