As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Vaal areas now appear in maps, so have fun getting got by that Dried Lake electrospider in a nanosecond.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I remember being absolutely terrified of the blinking EK spider when that stuff first went live, granted I played HC back then

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9qm327jpsf71.png

ACCOUNT-WIDE ITEM FILTERING THROUGH THE WEBSITE

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Interesting. but does it let you add funny sounds?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Was it per character before, or just per machine? Either way is still cool

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yo hold up a second.

Maps can now have Vaal Side Areas!?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Was it per character before, or just per machine? Either way is still cool

No, but it was machine specific.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Interesting. but does it let you add funny sounds?

More importantly, what about the Zelda sounds I've grown accustomed to?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    It's really a feature aimed at console players, you can still load and edit filters how you currently do.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Thanks @Heffling for the unique map runs to get me one step closer to the portal.

Characters
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Yeah man, let me know what else I can do to help. If you're still sub-24 on Sunday I can run most if not all of Encounters II and can pay someone to run Encounters IV.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    9g83byuudjmh.png

New Ballistae node, they are confirmed totems but also a subclass, so it looks like totem nodes and ballista totem nodes apply

4shsyz9v4cin.png

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    that chest is op as shit what lmao

like ABSOLUTELY broken

???????

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    What in the everliving fuck is that chest

Edit: Oh god, it has 3D art too.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    About time Shavs had some competition

Just kidding Shavs is dead

• Options
    24 challenges and Blight Portal get. Woo.

Now I can relax until the start of new league.

If Cobra Lash is not nerfed I shall be playing that again.

Characters
  • Options
    yeah the 3d art for that chest is lovely:

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Just dont run out of mana!

It's insane for mana Guardians out of the box, of course. But it'll take some creative building to make it superior to Shavs in most other builds.

From an HC perspective it sort of looks like Coruscating Elixir, in that it's incredibly powerful if you can make it work but a huge risk at the same time. Shavs is much lower risk.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

It's insane for mana Guardians out of the box, of course. But it'll take some creative building to make it superior to Shavs in most other builds.

From an HC perspective it sort of looks like Coruscating Elixir, in that it's incredibly powerful if you can make it work but a huge risk at the same time. Shavs is much lower risk.

It really makes those energy shield/life nodes extremely tasty, tho.

• Options
    I have felt as if I have picked quite poor builds for the last couple of leagues, but I think the main issue is that I am busier than before and have more distractions than usual now that I live with my wife and two dogs. I will just have to focus and plan a little better.

• Options

Gonna need mana investment too so that spreads things a bit more

I'm sure there are powerful ways to build with that item it's just not immediately obvious how it's going to work in HC. I'm excited to see what the first person who figures it out does with it.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

Gonna need mana investment too so that spreads things a bit more

I'm sure there are powerful ways to build with that item it's just not immediately obvious how it's going to work in HC. I'm excited to see what the first person who figures it out does with it.

*scion

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    https://i.redd.it/fxqueldf4h341.jpg

Essence at 2c is crazy good for ssf

Legion AND beyond AND nemesis

This is gonna be a juicy league

Bloodlines at 3c is gonna be insane for sustain too. Very interested in atlas strats, will probably need 3-5 maps in rotations

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    When are we going to see more tree work?

• Options
    Legion is what you want mang. If you're running vanilla rare T14-16s and not picking Legion for every map that doesn't already have Beyond on it you're doing it wrong, barring an even bigger Legion nerf. Mang.

Anarchy is fine for speedy builds because you'll get some maps back here and there and rogue exiles take 0 time to kill. Mang.

Essence will be real good for ssf though.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I’m looking forward to SSF funtimes this league

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Can anyone point me at a reasonable cwc winter orb- ice spear for league start?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I think I have to attempt the HC SSF Awakener kill race. I have the HC experience, I have the free time, I have no excuse not to. There's no chance I'll be in the cash prize running, but I'd love to qualify for the MTX drawing

I might even be streaming it

So far I've theoried up a Vortex Occultist and Holy Relic Guardian league starter. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. One thing I'm considering is leveling two characters concurrently, one to clear maps en masse and delve deep, and one to body bosses. This has an obvious downside, but I'm trying to mitigate risk rather than gamble it all on one attempt.

Once patch notes drop I have to look at some bow builds. Toxic Rain Trickster is probably going to be great, who knows what else will become amazing?

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

like ABSOLUTELY broken

???????

So..uh... why? first off what is 'reserved life' ?

I've been playing the game for a while but so many of my characters have ended up being a witch archtype that i'm really unfamiliar with so much of the low life or regen builds popular with meele types.

• Options
    The above is why im usually broke. I've probably vendored so much stuff that would have sold for massive amounts of cash just cause it didnt look that good.

• Options

like ABSOLUTELY broken

???????

So..uh... why? first off what is 'reserved life' ?

I've been playing the game for a while but so many of my characters have ended up being a witch archtype that i'm really unfamiliar with so much of the low life or regen builds popular with meele types.

If you put an aura with a Blood Magic gem, it will reserve your life pool instead of your mana pool. There are a number of items that have effects that activate specifically on low life, and iirc you can put yourself in a permanent low life state by reserving a majority of your life with aura's.

• Options
    So when do we get skill trees and patch notes? i thought they were usually known a full week before release. Also i seem to remember the gap between end of previous league and start of new to be at least 1-2 weeks..or am i misremembering?

• Options
    Yeah i know low life builds are a thing, now that i know what reserved life is i see some use for that, but i still don't see why its really good. your trading 100 health for 30 ES and the free auras, but that seems to be self-defeating if you are gearing for life only to downgrade it.

Lemme see if i get it. so previously builds that used the (reduce health to 1) tree node, can use 99% of health reserved to the auras and with this item, you gain 30% of that as ES that you didnt previously have.
    Yes i see how thats an improvement..but putting it on your chest probably removes some build options eh?

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    its all this week

Release Schedule (Pacific Time)

Teasers every NZ weekday from now until launch (and weekends too if we're lucky)

Sunday, December 8: Metamorph League challenge rewards revealed

Monday, December 9: Blight League ends (PC only), 3.9 Balance Manifesto

Tuesday, December 10: 3.9.0 Patch Notes, Passive Tree and Item Filter Information

Wednesday, December 11: Complete new/updated skill gem numbers

Thursday, December 12: Patching timeline and (probably) torrent

Friday, December 13: 3.9 & Metamorph League PC launch. Please refer to the countdown on www.pathofexile.com to determine the launch time for your timezone.

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I should actually get time to play this league, it starts the same day I finish up finals for this quarter before winter break.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Yeah i know low life builds are a thing, now that i know what reserved life is i see some use for that, but i still don't see why its really good. your trading 100 health for 30 ES and the free auras, but that seems to be self-defeating if you are gearing for life only to downgrade it.

Lemme see if i get it. so previously builds that used the (reduce health to 1) tree node, can use 99% of health reserved to the auras and with this item, you gain 30% of that as ES that you didnt previously have.
    Yes i see how thats an improvement..but putting it on your chest probably removes some build options eh?

I think the main point is the final mod, Chaos damage is taken from Mana before Life. Chaos damage normally ignore your ES, so for builds with very little life your options are usually Chaos Inoculation (not technically a low life build, as you are at 100% life all the time), Shavronne's Wrappings, which have Chaos damage does not bypass Energy Shield. I'm thinking what has people really excited there is the constant 2% ES regen, because without some specific Passive tree nodes, you have to wait a couple seconds after taking damage for your ES to start filling back up.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Ok well a couple of things to think about are that if you're running low life, you're reserving your life anyway. At level 90, you have 12 times your level plus 38 plus strength divided by two as a life pool. Let's assume you have a 2k base hp pool, which means you gain 600 more es. But, you have 250% increased ES on the tree, and another 50% increase from a very modest 250 int. So now that conversion is adding 600 + 600 * 300% = 2400 ES. In all likelihood, you gain even more ES than this. 600 flat es is as much as a high end rare chest piece, and more than twice what Shavs will give you. Also, the chest itself has 73 ES.

Now let's look at Guardians. Guardians can use Radiant Faith to convert 15% of reserved mana to energy shield and 160% of reserved mana to armor for themselves and allies. Shaper's Touch gives 2 mana and 2% es per 10 str, so str stacking is now possible. Memory Vault helmet gives you armor equal to reserved mana, so now it's 260% of reserved mana. They can reach 10k mana or more, and have been known to have defenses of 27k es and 40k armor. This chest is going let them surpass 30k es, probably going as high as 35k es.

And since you have all of that strength stacking to scale off of, you can run Baron Zombies or Cold Point Herald of Agony.

*edit* Well, you've talked me into my next league starter.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Ok well a couple of things to think about are that if you're running low life, you're reserving your life anyway. At level 90, you have 12 times your level plus 38 plus strength divided by two as a life pool. Let's assume you have a 2k base hp pool, which means you gain 600 more es. But, you have 250% increased ES on the tree, and another 50% increase from a very modest 250 int. So now that conversion is adding 600 + 600 * 300% = 2400 ES. In all likelihood, you gain even more ES than this. 600 flat es is as much as a high end rare chest piece, and more than twice what Shavs will give you. Also, the chest itself has 73 ES.

Now let's look at Guardians. Guardians can use Radiant Faith to convert 15% of reserved mana to energy shield and 160% of reserved mana to armor for themselves and allies. Shaper's Touch gives 2 mana and 2% es per 10 str, so str stacking is now possible. Memory Vault helmet gives you armor equal to reserved mana, so now it's 260% of reserved mana. They can reach 10k mana or more, and have been known to have defenses of 27k es and 40k armor. This chest is going let them surpass 30k es, probably going as high as 35k es.

And since you have all of that strength stacking to scale off of, you can run Baron Zombies or Cold Point Herald of Agony.

*edit* Well, you've talked me into my next league starter.

your talking about what is likely to be the rarest /most expensive item in the game (or one of them) as your league starter?

:)

I think I've seen exactly 1 league specific unique drop out of all the league specific ones they have added since i started playing almost every league...which was delve i think. the one drop i got was the flask from catrina, killed her last league.

Why good stuff so rare... Makes me wonder just how upended the economy is going to be when they introduce POE 2 with the skill links off the equipment.

So patch notes today? thats good. but tree changes will also be important. Hope the patch notes will reveal obviously if they are nerfing minion builds hard so i can start deciding.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Looking at passive tree to get ideas for league starters, was looking at Chieftain and the ascendancy notable Arohongui, Moon's Presence makes your totems immune to fire damage. Does that mean RF totems won't kill themselves?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Balance Manifesto today. Patch notes tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.