Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [NHL] Thread - “Let’s do that hockey!”

JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
edited October 2 in Debate and/or Discourse
Mmmmmm, new thread smell. Kinda wish it lasted just in time for free agency though.

But let's talk about the draft! Who went more off the board!?! Stevie Y and the Wings, or this guy.....

Jayricho on
BurtletoyBullheadchromdomCarpywunderbarGnome-InterruptusLe_GoatChanusJoolander

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck Asst. To the Regional Minister Swindon: A Terrible Place to Not LiveRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So I get everyone is happy to be there. But can they just mail the Canucks a thank you card later?

Absolutely not! We don't have any cups, we need some positive reinforcement of any sort!

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Team Swindon: Imagining a better life, in your town.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Did that guy from the penguins speak English? I had no clue what he said!

steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: ObsoletePaper | Uplay: Banzai5150 | Playstation: ObsoletePaper
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I remember this goal, where the guy we just selected in the first round scored a goal and shook hands with Hornqvist and Crosby. Thank you for the memory official penguins Twitter account.

edited June 22
    'This is an amazing safe pick.

There is no dynamic part is of his game.'

What? What the fuck? This is the first round and your praising the king for wasting a second first round pick on a guy who would've been available in the second round?

Burke: "I don't see any NHL attribute in his game other than his attitude."

And the praise...?..continues?

Burtletoy on
    Islanders pick

Hes had double hip displasia, he had a concussion, he had a dislocated shoulder

I assure you these sentences are all analysis and all said as a positive on these kids

Bolts are on the clock!

steam_sig.png
    A left winger? We just traded away our young goalie. Bah this guy is scheduled for 2nd round. And we take him in the first.

steam_sig.png
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I didn’t notice, but that’s kind of a cool touch the Avs made to the draft jerseys last night...

BurtletoyElvenshae
  • finnithfinnith TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 22
    finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    edited June 22
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Devils have Hughes, at least one more year of Hall, and Subban. Things will be interesting next season.

Burtletoy
    The Avs just traded Soderberg to Arizon for Kevin Connauton and a 3rd. You need centers, Joe. You already have a ton of cap space. You better be giving me the best hockey Christmas ever on Monday.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    The Avs just traded Soderberg to Arizon for Kevin Connauton and a 3rd. You need centers, Joe. You already have a ton of cap space. You better be giving me the best hockey Christmas ever on Monday.

Maybe they're clearing space to take a run at....... Matt Duchene.

sorry
    not sorry

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    Banzai5150Jayricho
  • DeadfallDeadfall Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »

Maybe they're clearing space to take a run at....... Matt Duchene.

sorry
    not sorry

You joke but I'd take Duchene back in a heartbeat.

BFzWh4r.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    www.hoptonogood.com - Beer/Adventure/Life
    Jayricho
    I probably would too.

But he’s definitely going to Nashville. Dude is a super country redneck.

• FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular

some of these are downright vicious, and very clever

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

some of these are downright vicious, and very clever

I called it - the San Jose/Vegas beef is real, and it is bloody.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Photosaurus
    Top 5 all time goalie has announced he is retiring.

https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/luongos-open-letter-to-the-fans/c-308071408

Invectivus
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Gritty is the best
    I'm starting to believe that Gritty is my spirit animal.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Jayrichochrono_traveller
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Top 5 all time goalie has announced he is retiring.

https://www.nhl.com/panthers/news/luongos-open-letter-to-the-fans/c-308071408

interestingly, due to how cap recapture penalties are calculated this results in a 3mil cap hit for Vancouver for the next 3 years, and only 1mil for Florida

Sportsnet compiled a list of some of Luongo's most memorable tweets....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/memorable-tweets-roberto-luongo-aka-strombone1/

chromdomLe_GoatChanus
  • chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    I never appreciated him as a goalie, but damn, he was funny

Le_GoatAridhol
    Phil the Thrill is off to.....Arizona? Well, ok then.

edited June 29
    Burtletoy on
    ElvenshaechromdomJeanGnome-Interruptus
    Why do people not like Phil Kessel?

Also apparently the hot dogs are quite good in Arizona.

Because he is as bad defensively as the guy we just traded him for! Who also has a worse shot than Kessel!

See? It all makes since. Gotta clear room to keep jack johnson and gudbranson, maybe trade for Caca Peepee or some stupid shit. Maybe risto, which is somehow worse.

finnith
    Naw. Caca Peepe is going to Toronto for Zaitsev, in a trade that made sense for nobody.

But they're not going to sign him. It was a cap space move, Toronto gonna let him walk, or maybe trade his rights for a 4th round pick or something.

Or maybe I'm the dumb one

Mugsley
    Zaitsev for Ceci is a bad defenseman with a contract for five more years at $4.5M for a bad defenseman with no contract at all

If Ceci is a Leaf for more than 2 weeks I’ll be amazed.

Burtletoy
  • JeanJean Papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Why did Pittsburgh wanted to get rid of Kessel so bad?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
    Burtletoy
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Zaitsev for Ceci is a bad defenseman with a contract for five more years at $4.5M for a bad defenseman with no contract at all

If Ceci is a Leaf for more than 2 weeks I’ll be amazed.

Not to mention the clip on Twitter of Ceci losing the puck to a guy with no stick.

Gnome-Interruptus
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    This seems like dumb trade for Arizona. They aren't good enough to win and just go a lot older. Kessel isn't going to get any better at this point.

:so_raven:
    Le_Goat
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    But they're not going to sign him. It was a cap space move, Toronto gonna let him walk, or maybe trade his rights for a 4th round pick or something.

Or maybe I'm the dumb one
    I dunno. So far Dreger makes it sound like he’s staying...

You mean Paul Marner?

Dreger has said a lot of dumb bullshit but suggesting that the Leafs would not only not walk away from a 5M+ arbitration ruling but then also extend him for 5 years?

Basically replace Zaitsev with the same or worse, and then give him more money for longer?

Get the fuck out of here.

Win a lottery draw for Kaako and now landing Panarin. Damn Rangers.

Maguano