As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed but not surprised that we haven't heard from the league commissioner about all the racism and abuse stories that have come out in the last month+

I know the guy generally doesn't say anything in public that's not self-congratulatory, but that's pretty spineless.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed but not surprised that we haven't heard from the league commissioner about all the racism and abuse stories that have come out in the last month+

I know the guy generally doesn't say anything in public that's not self-congratulatory, but that's pretty spineless.

I mean, the NHL board of governor meetings start today and they literally ripped up the previous agenda to talk exclusively about this. I would expect everyone to come out talking after.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    It's really crazy to me that the penguins got Marino (22years old, 3g, 10a) and Kahun (24 years old, 8g, 9a) and a 5th round pick for Olli maatta (25years old, 1g, 7a) and a 6th round pick.

More trades with Chicago and Edmonton, please.

A few years ago, Chicago gave the pens Daley for scuderi. And we got Schultz from Edmonton for a third round pick, too.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so Jim Montgomery is out as coach in Dallas. Why? Not even the players know.

From what is known, Nill got a call on Sunday, investigated it on Monday, and fired Montgomery today so... whatever it was sounds pretty bad.

• Options
    He was writing Baby Yoda fan fic

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    In other news, Logan Couture is apparently the Sharts team leader...

Jayricho on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    sigh well the Oilers are back to Oilering. That was a fun quarter-season.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Finally got a chance to read that, and an Athletic article that dropped on the same subject. There’s actually a picture of it, and fucking wow. Just wow.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    17 year old goalie in the OHL apparently got Malarchuk’d in Niagara today. Saw a picture of the aftermath, have no desire to watch the actual video. Kid’s in surgery, seems bad now. Hopefully he pulls through.

Honestly crazy this has only happened a handful of times considering everyone plays with razor blades on their feet.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I’m assuming I really don’t want to google “malarchuk’d”, I think I have a pretty good idea just from context

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Apparently he got a skate to the leg, so this wasn’t a Malarchuk or Zednik kind of event. He is reported as stable but in surgery, so that’s good news.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Back to back shutouts for Jarry and started in 6 of the last 7 games. Currently best sv% in the league (but not the largest sample size)

Gonna have to buy myself a Tristan Jarry jersey for Christmas.

Not a lot of us Tristan's out there. Gotta show support.

Edit: oh yeah, that one time I did a twitter

https://sports.yahoo.com/puck-daddy-bag-mail-blue-jackets-seattle-expansion-one-rule-nhl-adopt-190902268.html
    Tristan asks: “If you had to choose between Matt Murray, Tristan Jarry, and Casey DeSmith, who would you choose?”

I’m assuming this question is from Tristan Jarry, but I gotta say, bud: Instead of these two guys only nerds like me who pay too much attention to the draft have heard of, gimme the guy with two Stanley Cups already. This was a tough one, though.

Thanks for asking.

Third shutout in four starts for Tristan! Jarry, including setting the team record for shutout minutes, besting a Tomas Vokoun record, at some 170something.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Instagram girlfriends and wives gonna break the Taylor hall trade news. The new NHL insiders.

Since the forums are currently having issues parsing tweets, it's palmeri/Carrick wife/girlfriends insta with drinks and "girrrrrllllll byeeeee" and stuff at a party.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    I don’t care where Hall goes, as long as it’s not Dallas or St. Louis.

Which means it’ll be Dallas or St. Louis.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Steve Dangle said Colorado and he has an entire closet full of monkey's paws, so...

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Hows about Hall for Puljujarvi...
    enh?
    enh?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dominant victory by the Caps!

• Options
    10 months ago John Tortorella told reporters of Anthony Duclair "I don't think he knows how to play", 4 days later Duclair was traded to Ottawa

Duclair is currently tied for 8th in the league for goals, and had a hat trick this evening including the OT game winner against Torts and the Blue Jackets

• Options
    Penguins Kings was a pretty good game tonight.

Ended up going to a shootout with four rounds.

Only goal scored was the winner. And, I'm pretty sure, out of the 8 shots, there were only maybe three saves?

More than half the shooters had the puck jump over their stick before they shot and/or missed the bet by a mile because the puck wouldn't sit on the ice.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    10 months ago John Tortorella told reporters of Anthony Duclair "I don't think he knows how to play", 4 days later Duclair was traded to Ottawa

Duclair is currently tied for 8th in the league for goals, and had a hat trick this evening including the OT game winner against Torts and the Blue Jackets

I used to draft duclair in PA fantasy league, at least once and picked him from waivers a couple more times. He's always shown flashes, and I liked him.

Not saying his skin color had anything to do with him playing for 5 different teams before he's 24, but not not saying it

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Dominant victory by the Caps!

Let's settle down now. But yeah. Dammit Bolts!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I wouldn't be opposed to Hall coming to Colorado. Kadri needs a finisher and I think he and Kadri would be one of the deadliest 2nd lines in the league.

Just as long as we don't have to give up Byram or Zadorov.

But on the other hand we're doing pretty well without him so I dunno.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote: »
    I’d add Timmins to the list. He seems to have finally gotten through the issues with the concussion and is finally progressing nicely.

But after Hall was scratched on Friday, and no Avs or Eagles have been, I think the Hall to Avs ship has pretty much sailed.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'm okay with that too. The team is gelling better than I've seen in years.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jayricho wrote: »
    I’d add Timmins to the list. He seems to have finally gotten through the issues with the concussion and is finally progressing nicely.

But after Hall was scratched on Friday, and no Avs or Eagles have been, I think the Hall to Avs ship has pretty much sailed.

I was worried about Timmins after he missed a whole year hurt. But man he hasn't missed a beat.
    And then Byram is a skilled cocky bastard who talks a big game and we haven't had that kind of swagger in a bit.
    Gonna be a good buncha seasons for our d coming up.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »

I think it's pretty weird to pull a guy you might trade in the next few days. Most teams don't do that. There have even been guys traded in the middle of games, like pulled off the ice in the middle of a period!

Normally you hold a guy out if you are in the middle of signing the deal, not days before. I think NJD are being extra extra cautious, doesn't mean he isn't going to Colorado

• Options
    I just mean, for the past week and a half most of the insiders had Hall all but guaranteed to be moved by the end of the week. They pretty much all agreed that it was probably Colorado. If it was that close, I feel like Sakic would have been more cautious himself since it seems like a different player drops every game. Hell, Hall was in warmups and was pulled just before puck drop. He was the only scratched Devil not in the pressbox. It seemed almost imminent at that point.

Although now it sounds more like Arizona, so who knows. I guess we’ll find out by Friday.

• Options
    From what I remember, there are only a handful of teams who have the cap space and are enough of a contender to be willing to make that trade.

Considering Colorado's performance so far, they rose to the top.

Which reminds me, how long is Cale Makar out?

• Options
    From what I remember, there are only a handful of teams who have the cap space and are enough of a contender to be willing to make that trade.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »

Hopefully not too long, he's a crusher on my fantasy team.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Yeah, hopefully not long. He’s been skating in a non-contact jersey, but the Avs are notoriously tight lipped about injuries. Kadri was out for a few games, and I’m not sure there was ever a single word said about it.

• Options
    Cap space is prorated based on remaining schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pens could fit him in (LTIR and money coming off the cap from said trade) at the deadline, despite only have $1mil in projected cap space, according to capfriendly.

I think plenty of teams could find the room for the rental if the price is right, even if they can't resign hall for next year

• Options
    What's interesting is that if NJ makes a few other deals, they could stand to make a big haul off what is supposedly a very talented draft class, coming up

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Cap space is prorated based on remaining schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pens could fit him in (LTIR and money coming off the cap from said trade) at the deadline, despite only have $1mil in projected cap space, according to capfriendly.

I think plenty of teams could find the room for the rental if the price is right, even if they can't resign hall for next year

Not to mention NJ would probably be willing to retain salary as they don’t need the cap space this season, and the trading team could send a contract with money back the other way

• Options
    edited December 2019
    More value than Adam Larsson, I think.

Edit: they're saying one guaranteed first, and a second conditional first round (if yotes resign hall and win 1 playoff round). Becomes a second round pick if only one of those two occur, and a third if neither happen

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Devils retaining 50% as well.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    that conditional 3rd is not quite that.

If the Coyotes win a playoff series OR Taylor Hall signs a a contract extension with them it becomes a second. If both things happen it becomes a first. that's why it's a 2021 pick, since it can potentially become a first.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
This discussion has been closed.