As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Artemi Panarin had some...

words

about Putin. Pretty sharp contrast with Ovechkins friendly relationship with him.

Curious about how Malkin feels, since he literally hide and ran away from Russia to join the penguins, but nowadays he still goes back in the summer.

https://www.slavadoesamerica.com/russian-nhl-star-rips-putin-in-interview/

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well that....that’s certainly a trade. Yessir.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

I love this trade. One washed player with an albatross contract shipped across Alberta in exchange for the exact same thing. Vancouver should have made this a western Canada triangle trade and thrown in Loui Eriksson.

Fake edit: although looking at their statlines somehow Loui - who was godawful last season - was 10 points better than either of those guys. Yikes...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    there's also a chance that the expansion draft as it's currently designed is just OP, right?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    there's also a chance that the expansion draft as it's currently designed is just OP, right?

The best explanation I've seen yet is that the vast majority of people running hockey teams have little to no idea what they're doing and the "good" ones mostly just seem good by comparison to everyone else, and the expansion draft exposed how dumb a lot of GMs were

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    It's arguable as well that it's a lot easier to 'moneyball' a team from scratch with access to a potentially huge pool of players rather than trying to improve an existing team which may or may not have cap issues, players moving into and out of their prime, contracts expiring at different times, albatross contracts from previous administrations still on the books, buyout money on the books, etc. And attempting to improve that existing team with access only to a relatively small free agency pool, and trying to make trades while other teams are also struggling with all of the above, makes it pretty tough to assemble a quality team.

Dissociater on
  • Options
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So... we'll trade you players, but you only get a 3rd round pick if the player you are.giving us does better than the player we are giving you? Is that how trades often go?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    This is a bad contract old player for a different bad contract old player deal.

Neal probably shoots better than 4% next year which will help Edmonton more than big slow tough guy

And lucic adds a big slow tough guy to the flames which is...a thing?

Neal's contract is easier to buy out. Lucic might be traded to a budget team for his cap hit once his signing bonus clears meaning he flames clear a bunch of cap space.

And the oilers threw in some other stuff, because, again, Neal will probably be the better player stats wise on the next year or two.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    So... we'll trade you players, but you only get a 3rd round pick if the player you are.giving us does better than the player we are giving you? Is that how trades often go?
    Off-hand I can’t really think of any performance based trade returns. Usually the extra picks are based off re-signing the player or how far the team goes in the playoffs.

Also, 21 goals is just a strange number to land on. I mean....why not an even 20?

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Off-hand I can’t really think of any performance based trade returns. Usually the extra picks are based off re-signing the player or how far the team goes in the playoffs.

Also, 21 goals is just a strange number to land on. I mean....why not an even 20?

3 hat tricks across 7 games? Or 7 goals in 3 games?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    A goal every 4 games, rounding up? Do I have that math right?

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Jayricho wrote: »

There are a lot of team based performance trade conditions, like, if we make the playoffs is a second round pick but if we miss it's a third round.

But I've never heard of individual player performance conditions, which is way funner.

The league needs more of these for sure

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Huh, weird. He's been here forever.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Phil Kessel has a nice home theater with the perfect number of chairs for him and all his friends.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that setup aside from the not-at-all well stocked bar.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want the picture of Phil that's on the wall in another corner, next to the two manequins (yes, he has two dressed manequins in the room).

Also 1990s movie posters.

• Options
  • Options
    Very cool of Gritty to get down to the Toronto Maple Leafs' goal song

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The devil's added the number one pick, pk subban and now added gusav who was the top in the KHL for points in a season.

That's a pretty good off-season

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    The Wild fired their GM.

Maybe do this before the draft and free agency??

:so_raven:
  • Options
    I hope they replace him with Chiarelli. It would be hilarious.

• Options
    I'm not saying Tyson Barrie is a perfect human being, a shining paragon of all a hockey player should be

but for his 28th birthday he had a fancy tea party with his two dogs

• Options
    That is one dapper-assed corgi

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Can't even see his ass in the photo!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I really hate this time of the season. People who I like get traded for unknown value and it makes me sad. Like Ryan Callahan. Yeah he's never going to play again but I had hoped for a retirement thing in Tampa for him. Sure they'll probably do that but still. And why would someone pick him up from us to give us cap space when he's on the long term disabled list? Now I hear their trading our back up goalie Louis Domingue. blah

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    And why would someone pick him up from us to give us cap space when he's on the long term disabled list?
    Because Eugene Melnyk.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    That's some amazing shit. I never looked to hard at Salaries and Caps, etc. I have basically knowledge of what they are but that's some new kinda math shit right there.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    That's some amazing shit. I never looked to hard at Salaries and Caps, etc. I have basically knowledge of what they are but that's some new kinda math shit right there.

And on the other end of the spectrum, the Toronto Maple leafs are close to $100 million in actual salary expense

• Options
    edited August 2019
    The Oilers third jersey has leaked and man is it not pretty....

Jayricho on
  • Options
    I...kinda like that

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    It's something that's for sure.

• Options
    It doesn't look that bad to me.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Better than that ugly orange, though I do prefer the royal blue.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Now that the capitals have won a cup, they've decided to take down some of their embarrassing banners from the rafters.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

That's a well done logo.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
This discussion has been closed.