The [NHL] Thread - New Season Starts TODAY

14748495052

Posts

  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    is being excited for hockey to be back worth watching the Pens and the Flyers though

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I cut the cord a few months ago. Now I’m working on how to watch the Lightning. I’m hoping I can watch a majority on NBCSN app

    1258853.png
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I cut the cord a few months ago. Now I’m working on how to watch the Lightning. I’m hoping I can watch a majority on NBCSN app

    if it's anything like other sports, if you can't watch live for whatever reason, you can watch it something like nine hours later

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Our Hulu Live TV sub ended today, so I grabbed a season pass for NHL.tv. Would be useless if I cared about the Stars, but since I only care about the Leafs (and other Canadian teams), I should avoid blackouts until the playoffs.

  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Ladies, Gentlemen, and anyone who prefers different labels, I give you the new Captain of the Detroit Red Wings

  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    that's just good hockey fundamentals

    or something

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Brody
  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    A Bertuzzi carrying on the legacy of the name.

    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    The new captain is the guy holding the opponent down while Bertuzzi sucker punches him, but yeah

  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Little known rule, but the NHL said that, because of Claude Lemieux, the Red Wings can take as many cheap shots as they want against the Avalanche.

    Mugsley
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    As a Canucks fan, I know only too well that sucker punching is an unfortunate genetic trait in that family.

    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    LeTwig wrote: »
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

    No idea. It is so difficult to watch hockey legally it's insane.

    BrodyBullheadGnome-Interruptus
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Little known rule, but the NHL said that, because of Claude Lemieux, the Red Wings can take as many cheap shots as they want against the Avalanche.

    God I watched the March 26, 1997 game again recently and McCarty/Lemieux wasn't so much a fight as an assault. Jumped him, threw him to the ground, ripped off his helmet, and just pounded him. And McCarty only got a two minute minor for roughing because I guess the refs felt he was justified.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    A Bertuzzi carrying on the legacy of the name.

    And, in case anyone thinks it's just a joke, that is Todd Bertuzzi's nephew.

    :so_raven:
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    LeTwig wrote: »
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

    No idea. It is so difficult to watch hockey legally it's insane.

    Yeah, I felt $30 a month was a bit much, so I decided to look at Hulu Live or w/e, since we already have hulu, and I ain't paying $60 dollars a month for tv.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Myiagros wrote: »
    A Bertuzzi carrying on the legacy of the name.

    And, in case anyone thinks it's just a joke, that is Todd Bertuzzi's nephew.

    :D I was actually joking thinking they weren't related.

    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    LeTwig wrote: »
    Just opened up Hulu to check on game coverage only to see that Fox Sports Detroit is no longer there. Seems the only way to stream local games now is to subscribe to AT&T's streaming service for $80/month or nhl.com and a vpn. Why are we moving backwards in 2021.

    Not the *only* way to stream it, I don't think...

  • LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I'm old and prefer to pay people whenever possible. I just renewed my VPN and got the NHLtv subscription. Cancelling Hulu live TV saves me $50/month anyway. It's just more hassle than I wanted.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 13
    Someone you forgot was still in the NHL, on a team you forgot he signed on as a free agent, has scored the first nhl goal of the year.


    Congrats, Mark Jankowski

    Burtletoy on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    There is going to be so much "that guy plays for that team now"? this season.

    :so_raven:
    Burtletoy
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Cros continues to be real good

    Drez wrote: »

    Being quoted out of context is honestly what I live for.
  • SaarSaar Registered User regular
    That was just an idiotic play by Hart.

    Chanus
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Cros continues to be real good

    Which one is Cros?

    Also, at this point I think I may have watched more games w/o an audience, its going to feel weird when they come back.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »
    Cros continues to be real good

    Which one is Cros?

    Also, at this point I think I may have watched more games w/o an audience, its going to feel weird when they come back.

    Crosby presumably

    Pens # 87

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    chromdom
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, I have such a hard time keeping track of player names.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Man, I have such a hard time keeping track of player names.

    if it makes you feel better it brings me great joy to have someone ask who Crosby is

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Elvenshae
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    he's the player you love because you're a Penguins fan or hate because you're not

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    PointsBet with the Avs as the favorite to win the Cup

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Avs are getting an insane amount of hype from all over the place. It both pleases and worries me. Expectations, man.

    Deadfall
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I just found out that the playoffs for this season are going to reseed the last 4 teams.

    I kinda hope that they bring that back for the regular playoffs. Give us some crazy East vs. East or West vs West Stanley Cup Finals

    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    well that fell apart quickly

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    I want a NHLTV sub that lets you exchange a blackout team for a non-blackout team once a month/week/whatever. Let me watch what I want while you say you're still meeting the terms of the agreement.

    Also do you have your whole household on VPN or just specific devices?

    I may spring for the NHLTV sub this season just to watch more of the Canadian division from here in Philly

  • MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I missed the majority of the second period last night because my NHL app decided that when I signed in on my phone that it was not kosher, it then locked out the app on my TV. They have some really stupid procedures if they consider two logins on two devices within 5 minutes of each other to not be legit. After 45 minutes of resetting passwords I was finally able to get back on.

    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/13/22227278/nhl-canadian-teams-north-division-maple-leafs-senators-jets

    Article points out something that I hadn't really considered with the new divisions. Because the first two playoff rounds are intra-division, its basically a gift to the Canadian teams because one of them is guaranteed to make the semi's. I also enjoyed the writing itself.
    Last season, these seven teams finished 12th, 14th, 15th, 19th, 20th, 24th, and 30th in the league in points percentage. And now they’re in their own division and are guaranteed four playoff berths. Meanwhile, realignment dumped the poor Buffalo Sabres in the East division, which now features four of the Eastern Conference’s top five teams from last season. The Sabres are going to get absolutely keelhauled in that division, but if they rowed across the Niagara River under cover of darkness and showed up in Ontario eating all-dressed potato chips and chucking the letter U around willy-nilly, they’d be a near-lock for the playoffs.

    The run downs of the various Canadian team's woes are pretty great too.
    ...But owner Eugene Melnyk operates the team in such a way that combines the implacable bargain basement hopelessness of the Pittsburgh Pirates with the embarrassing, meddling ownership of the New York Knicks.

    Might be the most accurate thing written about hockey all season.

    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
    BullheadGnome-Interruptus
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular

    Want to feel old? Look at Peter Forsberg

    :so_raven:
    ChanusJayrichoBurtletoy
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    LET'S GO RANGERS

    CLAP CLAP (*picture of DeAngelo* NOT YOU) CLAPCLAPCLAP

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    this is not going well

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Want to feel old? Look at Peter Forsberg

    Yeah, that’s what I expect an aging Swede to look like. Checks out.

    ChanuschromdomJayrichoGnome-Interruptus
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Silver fox

    Drez wrote: »

    Being quoted out of context is honestly what I live for.
    Jayricho
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    I can't link to the tweet for some reason so you get a screenshot.
    kpvgu8uqi42w.png

    ChanusGnome-InterruptusBullhead
  • ChanusChanus I've seen things... Registered User regular
    to be fair it was clearly never going to be called a goal anyway

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
Sign In or Register to comment.