As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    giphy.gif

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Leafs already losing, clearly Tavares is the worst captain in team history. :rotate:

:so_raven:
  • Options
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Apparently Larsson has some kind of "serious" ankle injury.

The other moves are for cap reasons. Bourchard makes about 100k more than Bear and for cap reasons you want to be as close to the cap as possible when you put a player on LTIR. Ethan Bear probably gets recalled tomorrow.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    While I don't fully understand it, being a Leafs fan has meant learning a lot about LTIR in recent weeks

shortest oversimplified version, you want to be as close to the cap as possible when you place someone on LTIR to maximize the amount of cap relief you get

Bouchard makes more than Bear, so they moved them up/down to get closer to their target. I wouldn't be surprised if Bear is back up almost immediately.

• Options
    LTIR complicated but simple.

Basically, When you place a player on LTIR you get salary relief by the amount that placing the player on LTIR puts you over the cap. That means you can go over the cap by the amount of relief you get

So if you have 500,000 in cap space, and put someone making 1 million on LTIR, you get 500,000 in LTIR relief, because the first 500,000 is cap space you still had. but you can go 500,000 over the cap.

If you have 200,000 in cap space and put someone making 1 million on LTIR you get 800,000 in LTIR relief.

This is why teams that are under the cap don't put players on LTIR until they have to. It's just a designation that gets teams close to the cap the ability to bring another body in.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I think the penguins have more icings than shots

And Erik gudbranson definitely has more turnovers than the penguins have shots

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I hate to admit, the masochistic part of me wanted to see the truly horrible numbers a Gudbranson-Johnson pairing would create.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Was nice to see Shattenkirk and Maroon score goals in their first game with the Bolts.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I hate to admit, the masochistic part of me wanted to see the truly horrible numbers a Gudbranson-Johnson pairing would create.

If we didn't have to trade sheary to in order to unload hunwicks horrible contract, we wouldn't have had the money to sign jack Johnson to a horrible contract.

And also sheary couldn't have scored two against us tonight.

Just wait until they trade rust (if he heals quick) to unload jack Johnson's contract!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

As a Canucks fan, I was so surprised other teams actually wanted him!

There was a theory put around that "hockey men" are in love with him because of his looks and the idea of how he could play (but doesn't actually play).

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »

There was a theory put around that "hockey men" are in love with him because of his looks and the idea of how he could play (but doesn't actually play).

Are you talking about Jack Johnson?

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Roman Polak went head first into the boards last night and had to be stabilized and stretchered off the ice in a neck brace. It looked really bad.

Class act Jack Edwards called it 'bad hockey karma' while Polak's lying motionless on the ice. What a piece of trash Edwards is.

• Options
    KPC wrote: »

Erik Gudbranson. Who probably only has an NHL career because of his size (which he doesn't use) and his draft position (he must be good if he was drafted high!).

At least for Pen's fans sake, they've also got the guy Vancouver traded for Gudbranson, Jared McCann.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Erik Gudbranson. Who probably only has an NHL career because of his size (which he doesn't use) and his draft position (he must be good if he was drafted high!).

At least for Pen's fans sake, they've also got the guy Vancouver traded for Gudbranson, Jared McCann.

In related news, the Canucks may have lost their opener, but for the first time in I can't remember how long (six years? seven?) they appear to have three competent defensive pairings. Which will end as soon as Tanev or Edler suffer their inevitable injury, but it's still refreshing to see in the short term.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular

Haha, I know. Was joking.

• Options
  • Options
    SineNomine00SineNomine00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I cannot stop rewatching this. That was his off hand, and I'm pretty sure this was his first shift back after having to leave the game from taking a stick to the face.

SineNomine00 on
  • Options
    Not a good look for opening night in Ottawa

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Time for Melnyk to start blocking off more seats.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Soon it'll just be Melnyk at centre with all other seats blocked off.

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »

I cannot stop rewatching this. That was his off hand, and I'm pretty sure this was his first shift back after having to leave the game from taking a stick to the face.

The saddest part is that WIN came back from 4-0 down to win the game in OT (I think it was OT)

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Jack Johnson just tied his last season totals in goals!

Marcus Pettersson is one goal away from a career high in goals!

And then they took away Jack Johnsons goal and gave it to hornqvist.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Until I saw his headshot for this year, I did t know most of Tyler Meyer’s height was in his neck. 😬

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Blues pulled it out against the Stars, so 1-0-1. There are certainly worse ways to start a season.

Still, too much of the offense is coming in the first couple of minutes of periods and off quick faceoff plays. Hate to have to rely on that all season long.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Based on the OIlers goaltending I think 6-5 victories are going to be the way they have to do it all year.

I'm not sure my heart can take it.

• Options
    Do the Lightning not understand you have to shoot to score? Take a look at the box score and understand my concern.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    *checks the box score*

What the hell. Yeah that’s kind of nuts.

• Options
    I mean they only played the first period and only lost by one.

That's pretty good!

• Options
    I mean they only played the first period and only lost by one.

That's pretty good!

And with McElheny in goal instead of Vasi

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    wait what the fuck, McElhinney is on the Lightning now?

top 10 anime betrayals

• Options
  • Options

The penguins won 7-1 against a team with no NHL goalie last game

Now we'll see how they do against a team with no NHL defensemen

• Options

Have they played Detroit yet? I was just looking at their depth chart, and wow, the Wings and Sens are going to be awful.

• Options
    Do not speak ill of the "on pace to go 82-0" Detroit Red Wings.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Are these all AHL players from their feeder team?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Do not speak ill of the "on pace to go 82-0" Detroit Red Wings.

it’s just a rebuilding decade

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Paraphrased from a podcast:

"San Jose made no changes at goalie. They're actually betting on Martin Jones"

" Yeah but they signed Erik Karlsson"

" But he's not a goalie! "

" He can stand in front of Martin Jones every game! "

Mugsley on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Are these all AHL players from their feeder team?

I have no idea who those guys for the Jets are. They have a combined ~300 games of experience. One of their main defenders is refusing to appear and/or planning to retire. One has taken some personal time for the birth of his kid. I think I saw something about an injury on Twitter.

The penguins only playing with 9 forwards to keep it even (after two more injuries. Add hornqvist and Zach Aston Reese to the previous Rust, Malkin, and bjugstad.)

Burtletoy on
This discussion has been closed.