As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Calgary vs Edmonton here we go!

No matter who wins, at least we aren't Edmonton.

I think I was still a child the last time Calgary and Edmonton faced off in the playoffs.

EDIT: Yeah, just googled. It's been 31 years. I was 11 years old.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Cristoval wrote: »
    Calgary vs Edmonton here we go!

No matter who wins, at least we aren't Edmonton.

I think I was still a child the last time Calgary and Edmonton faced off in the playoffs.

EDIT: Yeah, just googled. It's been 31 years. I was 11 years old.

wlnsp8hah1q0.gif

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    And then there were 8!

I have put the schedule for Round 2 into my shared google calendar

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=bzU4OTJhM3Vtampob2dhNGRvYWk4bGRiZzBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Highlights: Games will be on CBC, SN, SN360, ESPN, ESPN2, and TNT.

For Canadians, there are a few games I have listed as airing on SNO (Sportsnet Ontario). Those games are also airing on SNP and SNE. All Channels are available nationally.

Only quick to the round 2 schedule is that this weekend there is only one game on Saturday and three on Sunday. Florida and Tampa are playing Games 3 and 4 back to back on Sunday and Monday.

Bring on Round 2

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Is there some reason why pushing TB/FLA's game 3 back a day makes sense? Why on earth would they do that and then give them a back to back instead of just having game 3 on Saturday?

I don't get it.

edit: and I just looked it up and I guess there is some concert going on Saturday meaning the game had to be pushed back. Boo

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Luke Bryan changes his schedule for no man!

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Rangers go even after the puck deflects in off a penguin skate. K'andre miller's shot from the point ricochet off the skate of penguins defenseman Mike Matheson and into the net
    Watch as new York rangers defenseman Adam fox is credited with a goal after the puck deflected off pittsburgh penguins defenceman Mike Matheson's skate
    TNT game 2 wrote:
    Mike Matheson own goal off his own skate. Rangers vs penguins game 2 highlights

I really thought there was a 4th Matheson own goal, but I could only find these three with a quick search.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Also, I'm gonna declare myself the winner of the Penny Arcade NHL.com bracket challenge, because I got every first round winning team correct and the only other person that actually made a bracket, @Mugsley , has the wild winning the cup

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    sigh, I never got around to making a bracket because the nhl website is dumb.

long story short, the NHL live streaming service that still exists in Canada uses a different username and password than just logging into nhl.com, but you have to log into nhl.com. So you have two nhl.com accounts. one for the streaming service, and one for the bracket challenge. I didn't bother.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    That was one of the most embarrassing playoff games I've ever seen, Panthers. What the fuck was that?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    god damn it carolina i was ready for bed

can't even watch the game and now i gotta sit and keep refreshing the scoreboard

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Oh man. One minute into Calgary v Edmonton and it's already bananas.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    god damn it carolina i was ready for bed

can't even watch the game and now i gotta sit and keep refreshing the scoreboard

Well, at least you didn't have to refresh that many times?

• Options
    Oh man. One minute into Calgary v Edmonton and it's already bananas.

Still bananas

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    what is this hockey score

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Battle of Alberta all the way to the cup. All other teams disqualified.

• Options
    bananas

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    What the fuck is this game, holy

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Ok, so here's my theory:
    Both teams took the over. Except the goalies maybe. All the skaters got together, pooled their money, put it on Over for the first game.
    Far fetched? Then you come up with something better!

• Options
    Someone call Gwen Stefani for an update re: this game

• Options
    B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

• Options
    Nice

• Options
    Well...

That was a lot of goals.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Kenney was smart to bribe these goalies to change the news cycle

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Had no expectations on winning tonight, but at least we made em fuckin work for it.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well...

That was a lot of goals.

13 goals in 3 other series?
    Alberta: hold my beer

• Options
    Damn, I wish the western games didn't start so late if you live on the east coast.

Just saw the score for the Alberta game and I wish I had been able to watch that.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

The save % for each goalie that played in that Calgary/Edmonton game last night. Both teams might be better off putting up a Shooter Tutor next game.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I want both teams to just set up screen doors on their nets at the start of the game

• Options
    It seemed excessive to me.

Dammit, apparently I didn't hit Post last night

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Yeah, people (rightfully) crap on Smith and Koskinen, since neither of them were very good.

But the flames badly outplayed the oilers, at one point the shots were like, 25-9 or something. The Oilers played the worst game I've seen them play in a couple of months, and I've watched every game. Aaaaaand the Oilers still scored 6 on Markstrom. He was brutal last night. If the Oilers play even 10% better in that game they win that game.

EDIT: my favorite stat was that in round 1 Calgary scored their 9th goal against Dallas in Game 5.

wunderbar on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Is anyone else watching the TB-Fla game? My feed seems to be lo-res. Bad feed. :/

Edit: Solved it. I was watching the lo-res feed. Channel 54 instead of channel 754. Whoopsie!

chromdom on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Why are there only two points scored? Did they not get the memo? We're doing football scores now

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Why are there only two points scored? Did they not get the memo? We're doing football scores now

Both Vasilevsky and Bobrovsky are good goalies, are they not? Vasilevsky’s been putting in work this period.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    How have the Panthers still not scored on the power play in the playoffs? That is insane.

Jesus. 0.9 left. Ouch.

Edit: 3.8 apparently. Still ouch.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    FUCK. Panthers seemed to have the tempo of the game going in their favor and they fuck it up. Guess nothing compares to experience in high-stakes situations.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Holy shit what a goal. Crazy pass by Kuch and Colton able to get it in with like 4 secs left in the game.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Fucking embarrassing

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Please don’t be hurt, Makar. Please don’t be hurt, Makar. Please don’t be hurt, Makar.

• Options
    That goal took over 3 minutes?

I want my money back

This discussion has been closed.