The [NHL] Thread - Pucks for Thin Mints

11718192123

Posts

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yes, but that last part wasn't supposed to be read as a challenge for the oilers management.

  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    well we will just have to see how the Oilers can manage without their second line center for a couple weeks.

    Not sure if snarky reference to Connor McDavid, or literal reference to Leon Draisaitl.

    RNH-Draisaitil-Yamamoto have been among the best lines in the entire league the last few weeks. They are dynamite and Draisaitil is driving the bus and the two wingers compliment him very well. they've been the defacto first line the last little bit.

    Connor McDavid is so good you can put him with a couple beer league players and he would still put up 90 points.

    So both then 🤣. Also calling our previous seasons beer league is a little harsh :lol:

    Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Mugsley
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    Decius wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    well we will just have to see how the Oilers can manage without their second line center for a couple weeks.

    Not sure if snarky reference to Connor McDavid, or literal reference to Leon Draisaitl.

    RNH-Draisaitil-Yamamoto have been among the best lines in the entire league the last few weeks. They are dynamite and Draisaitil is driving the bus and the two wingers compliment him very well. they've been the defacto first line the last little bit.

    Connor McDavid is so good you can put him with a couple beer league players and he would still put up 90 points.

    So both then 🤣. Also calling our previous seasons beer league is a little harsh :lol:

    I'm sure wunderbar didn't mean to insult any beer leaguers in the thread

    Invectivus
  • Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    As a beer leaguer, I am confident in my ability to drag him under PPG

  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Hell of a game with the Bolts vs Penguins. Though we lost Cirelli and Kuch for the rest of the game. Hopefully they’ll be back soon.

    steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: ObsoletePaper | Uplay: Banzai5150 | Playstation: ObsoletePaper
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Hell of a game with the Bolts vs Penguins. Though we lost Cirelli and Kuch for the rest of the game. Hopefully they’ll be back soon.

    We hit all the posts. Much better game than the last one for the penguins

  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    6uvyhh2re24r.jpg

    * Nuge tussles Yams' hair
    "That was an amazing goal. I'm proud of ya buddy"

    Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Cristoval
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the bench yesterday during a game. Apparently they had to use a defibrillator on him but he is okay now, at least in the broadest terms. Usually when this stuff happens it brings out an underlying issue that is basically career ending. They still have no actual diagnosis on him so hopefully it’s good news when they do find out.

  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the bench yesterday during a game. Apparently they had to use a defibrillator on him but he is okay now, at least in the broadest terms. Usually when this stuff happens it brings out an underlying issue that is basically career ending. They still have no actual diagnosis on him so hopefully it’s good news when they do find out.

    Yeah, he just crumpled a few seconds after finishing a shift. Was some scary shit.

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Vancouver retired the Sedins' jerseys tonight before tonight's game, which fittingly turned into a stupid one against Chicago. Blackhawks outshot the Canucks 49-20 and promptly lost 3-0.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Vancouver retired the Sedins' jerseys tonight before tonight's game, which fittingly turned into a stupid one against Chicago. Blackhawks outshot the Canucks 49-20 and promptly lost 3-0.

    Markstrom was not having it.

    :so_raven:
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular


    i just thought you all should know New York Rangers winger Artemi Panarin has an Instagram account for his dog

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    ElvenshaewunderbarBrodyShadowenGnome-InterruptusBlackDragon480
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the bench yesterday during a game. Apparently they had to use a defibrillator on him but he is okay now, at least in the broadest terms. Usually when this stuff happens it brings out an underlying issue that is basically career ending. They still have no actual diagnosis on him so hopefully it’s good news when they do find out.

    Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is something that can escape detection, and does exactly this to seemingly otherwise healthy athletes. Not saying that's what it is, I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be surprised.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    What in the fucking fuck is this shit



    Goddamn wizard

    BrainleechGnome-InterruptusBanzai5150ArdolwunderbarBlackDragon480chrono_traveller
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    What in the fucking fuck is this shit



    Goddamn wizard

    I see your lacross goal, and raise you "The T-Ball".

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
    BurtletoyMugsleyBanzai5150chrono_traveller
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Backhanded, nearly vertical lift on the puck, while skating at maybe not full speed, but faster than me on my best day.

    That's incredible.

    Then, after all that, he still makes the mid-air contact!

    BlackDragon480
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    KaSsIaN iS gOoD





    Edit: better caption would've been "BuT wHaT aBoUt ThE cOdE!"

    Burtletoy on
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya that's one of the more fucked up things I've seen a player do in a game. The NHL needs to throw several rule books at him for that.

    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    chromdomJayrichoAridholBullheadwunderbarBlackDragon480
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is he the one kicking the guy in the chest?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is he the one kicking the guy in the chest?
    Yeah, that’s him.

  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    The crazy thing is the Lightning didn't get a single PP that entire game. Why have refs if they aren't gonna throw somebody in the box for kicking somebody with your feet what have sharp-ass blades attached to them?

    This is something where I don't care if the guy getting kicked got injured or not. You have to come down on that hard.

    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    chromdomAridholBullhead
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    at the end of that Game... not sure how to word it, but I thought it was classy. Edmonton pulled the goalie. Killer digs the puck out of the boards, and Paquette gets it to Point who then races down to the open goal, to only pass it off to Paquette so he got the goal. I think it was a good show of class for a guy that scores quite a bit to give a goal to someone that doesn't.

    steam_sig.png
    Xbox Live: ObsoletePaper | Uplay: Banzai5150 | Playstation: ObsoletePaper
    Bullhead
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    edited February 14
    Gotta respect Benn’s Creativity on this one

    I’d file it under “seems like it should be illegal, but I doubt anyone’s ever done it before for their to be a rule”

    Fearghaill on
    BurtletoyLD50chromdomJayrichoChanusArdolH0b0manBullheadGnome-Interruptus
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Kicking someone should be a season suspension.
    There is no excuse for that, ever.

    ElvenshaeLD50chromdomJayrichoH0b0manPreacher
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    The crazy thing is the Lightning didn't get a single PP that entire game. Why have refs if they aren't gonna throw somebody in the box for kicking somebody with your feet what have sharp-ass blades attached to them?

    This is something where I don't care if the guy getting kicked got injured or not. You have to come down on that hard.

    It doesn't surprise me that a ref would miss that specific thing.

    Because...who even does that?!?

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Gotta respect Benn’s Creativity on this one

    I’d file it under “seems like it should be illegal, but I doubt anyone’s ever done it before for their to be a rule”


    He's very good at thinking outside the box.

    BurtletoyBrodyFearghaillChanuswunderbarGnome-Interruptuschrono_travellerElvenshae
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Gotta respect Benn’s Creativity on this one

    I’d file it under “seems like it should be illegal, but I doubt anyone’s ever done it before for their to be a rule”

    He's very good at thinking outside the box.

    I dunno. Seems to me like he doesn't have a lick of sense in him!

    LD50wunderbar
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Gotta respect Benn’s Creativity on this one

    I’d file it under “seems like it should be illegal, but I doubt anyone’s ever done it before for their to be a rule”

    He's very good at thinking outside the box.

    I dunno. Seems to me like he doesn't have a lick of sense in him!

    I'm glad at least one person got the joke.

  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    It's okay guys. Player Safety has flagged the incident for consideration. Kassian will be fined every bit of the $5000 max the league can fine him. :rotate:

    Chanus
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    It's okay guys. Player Safety has flagged the incident for consideration. Kassian will be fined every bit of the $5000 max the league can fine him. :rotate:

    For what it's worth, the league is having an in person hearing for him, meaning they have an option to go 6 or more games.

    Chris Simon got 30 games a few years ago for stomping on the back of a dude's foot by the bench. That's the closest comparable.

    It was a garbage play, and needs to be punished very harshly. Kassian should get at least 10 games. It should be more but I don't think the league has the balls to do it.

    and to re-iterate, I'm an Oilers fan.

    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    H0b0manDecius
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited February 14
    Ya it's very lucky that the skate hit Cernak where it did. It could have very easily slid up his chest and whoops there's the neck or some other exposed part.

    H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Gnome-InterruptusBullhead
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular


    it's almost mean

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    BlackDragon480H0b0manElvenshaeBullheadGnome-Interruptus
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck Asst. To the Regional Minister Swindon: A Terrible Place to Not LiveRegistered User regular
    That shouldn't have been legal, he stopped his forward momentum and went backwards at the end.

    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Team Swindon: Imagining a better life, in your town.
    FearghaillBurtletoyJayrichoBanzai5150Aridhol
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, was totally against the shootout rules.

    The NHL justification was, I think, "it looked cool"

    ElvenshaeMugsley
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    it did look cool!

    **Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    BurtletoyLost CanuckCristovalElvenshaeBlackDragon480MugsleyBullheadH0b0manGnome-Interruptus
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 14
    Mixed news on Jay Bouwmeester

    He's successfully had an ICD implanted to control the tachycardia, bad news is they still arent 100% sure what caused it. So he'll be monitored and will have follow ups with specialists in St. Louis next week.

    BlackDragon480 on
    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
    ElvenshaeBanzai5150Deadfall
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Mixed news on Jay Bouwmeester

    He's successfully had an ICD implanted to control the tachycardia, bad news is they still arent 100% sure what caused it. So he'll be constantly monitored and will have follow ups with specialists next week.

    Reminds me of Letang having that stroke a few years back at 26 years old and being in better shape than 99.9% of all 26 year olds

    BlackDragon480Deadfall
  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    and to re-iterate, I'm an Oilers fan.

    You and me both. After seeing that and thinking of the Happy Gilmour reference, I was left wondering what the fuck was he thinking.

    Kass has been gooning it up a little too noticeably recently. I wonder if he's doing ok.

    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    If Kassian gets less than 15 games I dunno what the Fuck is going on.

    Kicking I think is the most egregious play you can do on the ice.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it did look cool!

    I am 100% team "more cool goals" even if it's in the shootout

    ChanusBlackDragon480ElvenshaeGnome-Interruptus
Sign In or Register to comment.