The [NHL] Thread - Pucks for Thin Mints

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    If Kassian gets less than 15 games I dunno what the Fuck is going on.

Kicking I think is the most egregious play you can do on the ice.

It's pretty close. The McSorley on Brashear thing takes the cake for me though. Full two handed slash to the temple.

:so_raven:
    Deadfall
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 15
    7 games for Kassian. Not enough.

Jayricho on
    quovadis13AridholBlackDragon480H0b0manChanusBullhead
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Since the knife on his foot didn’t actually hit anyone, it’s not technically a stabbing!

Fun sport.

Jayricho
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    It's, like, 7 times bigger than any other suspension.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    7 games is Fucking bullshit

H0b0man
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    You have to actually decapitate somebody with your skate to get into the double digit suspension.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    BurtletoyBlackDragon480JayrichochromdomShadowenElvenshaeChanuschrono_travellerBrodyGnome-InterruptusBanzai5150BullheadArdolAngelHedgie
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    i don't know why ryan miller's eager nod is the best part of that for me

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    ElvenshaeBrodyBullheadchromdom
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Hey remember when Kadri got a 5 playoff game suspension for cross-checking Debrusk in the neck?

When Chara does the same thing it's only a $5000 fine:

• FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Hey remember when Kadri got a 5 playoff game suspension for cross-checking Debrusk in the neck?

the main difference is Gallagher didn’t hurl himself to the ice like he’d been shot

and Chara gets away with everything

DissociaterJayrichoBullhead
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Chara nearly killed someone on the ice and received no consequences. It is one of the long standing reasons why I don't watch hockey games any longer.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't know why ryan miller's eager nod is the best part of that for me
    It’s like you can see him think, “Yeah, I’ll take that action.”

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
    Chanuschromdom
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Chara nearly killed someone on the ice and received no consequences. It is one of the long standing reasons why I don't watch hockey games any longer.

i find there's a lot less of this bullshit if you just don't watch the bruins or the ducks or the sharks

I'm a long standing Flames fan and for a while (Dunno if it's still true), they were pretty bad, so I've given up.

• finnithfinnith TorontoRegistered User regular
    They're definitely not playing to the level of last year, and there was that whole thing with their coach but fwiw they're in a playoff (wildcard) spot, so they're not awful per se.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    No, I meant with their dirty play. I haven't watched in a few years, but at one point, I just got tired of being frustrated with the attempts to hurt other players.

• chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    Cool. Cool cool cool.

• chromdomchromdom Why do bad things keep happening to me? Oh yeah, because of the things I've done.Registered User regular
    Actually, maybe it is cool. Maybe it will show ownership that Karlsson was a bad signing, that we have better paths forward (I have no idea what those paths may be), and that he and Doug Wilson both can go somewhere else.

Maybe it also seems like the Department of Player Safety seems to slowly drift over time towards an attitude of leniency until something major comes along that they don’t handle well. Then the public outcry forces them into over reacting to things and the whole cycle repeats.

ChanusGnome-Interruptus
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Cool. Cool cool cool.

I see you, Abed.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    So Evander Kane got suspended for 3 games

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    Banzai5150DissociaterElvenshae
    his suspension is fair but he's not wrong

JayrichoBanzai5150chromdomH0b0manDissociaterElvenshaeShadowenBrainleechwunderbarGnome-InterruptusLaOs
    He thinks it’s random now? Is he not aware the NHL Wheel of Justice was a meme like 10 years ago?

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    So the whataboutism is even present in the NHL.

There are literally 500 people speeding the same time I am but I don't ask 'what about them' when I get pulled over.

Just don't be a shithead. Why is that so hard?

Just to be clear, the Dept of Player Safety isn't without guilt, but I don't want someone saying, "what about all the other bad things?" when they do get punished.

Chanus
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

There are literally 500 people speeding the same time I am but I don't ask 'what about them' when I get pulled over.

Just to be clear, the Dept of Player Safety isn't without guilt, but I don't want someone saying, "what about all the other bad things?" when they do get punished.

I mean, I was more hoping they would respond with a couple more suspensions.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
    H0b0manElvenshaeChanusfinnith
    I mean I can get him being a bit upset, especially when we just had Chara only getting a 5k fine for cross checking a throat.

Guy still deserves his suspension though.

Somebody should tell Jonathan Quick that he’s supposed to suck now.

Deadfall
    Stadium Series game in Carolina next year.

Elvenshae
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Jayricho wrote: »
    Stadium Series game in Carolina next year.

Ok how?

• KPCKPC Registered User regular
    The NHL should build and maintain an outdoor stadium that feels as much like pond hockey as possible, and do one winter classic there. Cycle through the teams so they each play once before any repeats. Every year they can expand the compound a bit to make it feel as small town as possible; recapture the magic of playing outside when the majority of these guys were young.

BrainleechCristovalArdol
    No more outdoor games in Colorado please. 0-2.

Deadfall
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

the main difference is Gallagher didn’t hurl himself to the ice like he’d been shot

and Chara gets away with everything

Has a lot to do with the team he's on.

:so_raven:
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Oof. Price might want to get tested for STDs because that was dirty:

https://streamable.com/j74fk

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular

I disagree. The people being pulled over for speeding is more analogous to the refs making calls on the fly while the play is in action. They'll make some and miss some.

Unlike the police, the Department of Player Safety has the luxury of looking at each play, if they want, in slow motion from multiple angles after the fact. Then they determine, in their discretion, if a suspension is warranted. And then they're all over the place in terms of what they choose to do.

FearghaillJayrichoGnome-Interruptus
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular

I disagree. The people being pulled over for speeding is more analogous to the refs making calls on the fly while the play is in action. They'll make some and miss some.

Unlike the police, the Department of Player Safety has the luxury of looking at each play, if they want, in slow motion from multiple angles after the fact. Then they determine, in their discretion, if a suspension is warranted. And then they're all over the place in terms of what they choose to do.

I can't get my thoughts together into words well. I have a bigger issue that he doesn't say anything about potentially injuring another player or show remorse for his actions. Instead he's whining about unfair punishment. Which means he won't change the way he plays.

LD50
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Marchand gives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

Marchand receives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

Elvenshae
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Marchand gives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

Marchand receives dirty cross check to the back in net front scrum

I mean, this is kind of the issue we just talked about, but also it looked like the ref was pointing at both.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson