As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Kahun is better and cheaper and younger than sheary.

Bad trade, boys

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Every home team is required to have an Emergency Backup Goalie on standby for every game, in case either team loses both their starter and backup

usually it's stuff like this, or former college players from local rec leagues, stuff like that

Even though it's my team he beat, this is still an awesome story - according to the broadcast he is the first ever EBUG to be credited with an NHL win

I watched the game and when they brought him in I was so torn between wanting the Leafs to get the 2 points, but also feeling bad for the guy especially after he let in 2 goals on the first 3 shots. I'm kind of glad my team lost because they've looked like hot garbage for a few weeks now and probably don't deserve to make the playoffs anyways so it's nice to see a guy like the EBUG get that kind of a story.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    The Oilers added Anthanasiou and Mike Green from Detroit and Tyler Ennis from Ottawa and the only NHL player they gave up was Sam Gagner to make the money work on Anthanasiou.

The team is actively getting better and going for it.

It's so weird.

In regards to the Red Wing trades

Ken Holland’s going to trade a 3rd for his old office chair next.

Dude once traded a first round pick for a guy he waived, sooooo

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Bolts are making interesting trades.

Yesterday:
    Some dude

And now today:
    Another dude

I fail at twitter copy on ipad

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Every home team is required to have an Emergency Backup Goalie on standby for every game, in case either team loses both their starter and backup

usually it's stuff like this, or former college players from local rec leagues, stuff like that

Even though it's my team he beat, this is still an awesome story - according to the broadcast he is the first ever EBUG to be credited with an NHL win

I watched the game and when they brought him in I was so torn between wanting the Leafs to get the 2 points, but also feeling bad for the guy especially after he let in 2 goals on the first 3 shots. I'm kind of glad my team lost because they've looked like hot garbage for a few weeks now and probably don't deserve to make the playoffs anyways so it's nice to see a guy like the EBUG get that kind of a story.

agreed - wins and losses are forgotten pretty quickly, EBUG memories are forever

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Everyone loves an underdog, even more so when the underdog actually wins

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

Except for Kris versteeg. Who apparently thinks it's a travesty and hates all the free publicity and the feel good story.

Although, I do think the guy should be paid more than $500. Probably closer to $5k which is in the ballpark for a league minimum contract for 1/82 of a season

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »

Except for Kris versteeg. Who apparently thinks it's a travesty and hates all the free publicity and the feel good story.

Although, I do think the guy should be paid more than $500. Probably closer to $5k which is in the ballpark for a league minimum contract for 1/82 of a season

He's going to get paid in free beers for the rest of his life. Way more than a 5k value.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kris Versteeg is salty because David Ayres has already had a more memorable career than him.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    NHL Seattle partnering with the monorail management company and also tickets to Seattle games get you a ride on the other busses/trains in the area (ORCA). That's pretty cool.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The monorail put Ogdenville's and North Haverbrook's hockey teams on the map

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The monorail just goes downtown... it goes to maybe the worst possible place for crowd distribution. Unless they want everyone to crowd onto the monorail trains then disperse from more mass transit stops at the Westlake Center (about 2 blocks from the Convention Center, for those of you who have been to PAX West)

• Options
    Good for them, I guess. It just doesn't seem really all that helpful.

• Options
    ...It's a 5min walk from the monorail?

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, the one giant downside to renovating the arena at Seattle Center is the lack of parking/transit in that part of town. Partnering with what limited transit there is in the area is going to be a necessity, because even with that it's going to be a nightmare getting to and from games - things were already pretty bad when the Sonics played there and it's not like driving conditions have improved in that neighborhood in the past decade+. I'm a Canucks fan, but I'm already dreading any time they play in Seattle because you're going to get a ton of folks driving down from Canada and disrupting traffic even further. It's going to be like when the Blue Jays come to town to play the Mariners, only worse.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Cars bad monorails good

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Vanek has decided to retire since he wasn't traded to a contender at the deadline

Joe Thornton also had a bunch of quotes about being disappointed he wasn't also traded to a contender and something about "you don't have many shots left to win at my age"

Getting old sucks

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The real eye opening part of the whole thing is when you’re thinking how Joe Thornton is so damn old.....and then you realize he’s only a few years older than you. :(

Jayricho on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    .....he's younger than me :(

• Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Yeah, the one giant downside to renovating the arena at Seattle Center is the lack of parking/transit in that part of town. Partnering with what limited transit there is in the area is going to be a necessity, because even with that it's going to be a nightmare getting to and from games - things were already pretty bad when the Sonics played there and it's not like driving conditions have improved in that neighborhood in the past decade+. I'm a Canucks fan, but I'm already dreading any time they play in Seattle because you're going to get a ton of folks driving down from Canada and disrupting traffic even further. It's going to be like when the Blue Jays come to town to play the Mariners, only worse.

Maybe the partnership will allow them to extend the monorail to the Center? (I don't even know if this is feasible)

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Again, the monorail is less than 5min walk from the KeyArena. 0.3miles away. In an area with no car traffic.

Monorail already does go to the arena

Edit: I believe chromdom was talking about the other end of the monorail not making sense. The drop off is fine.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Interested to see how the game tonight goes with the Bolts vs Leafs with our new players. Coleman, Bogosian and Goodrow.

I hope our zamboni driver is warming up.

e: damn I have a hard time keeping track of who’s who even knowing we’re in our blue jersey because the leafs whites are so similar to our whites.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

We gotta build that PNW Bullet Train!

:so_raven:
  • Options
    Nice between the legs goal by Nylander...grrr..but very nicely done.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Again, the monorail is less than 5min walk from the KeyArena. 0.3miles away. In an area with no car traffic.

Edit: I believe chromdom was talking about the other end of the monorail not making sense. The drop off is fine.

Ah, now I see what you were saying. My reaction was, "Yeah, and?" but now I see where the miscommunication was.
    Yes, you're correct. Getting people to or from the monorail seems mostly useless. As far as I can see, anyway. Maybe there are or will be better transpo options, but right now, making people line up to ride 2 minutes to get to an area with no better transportation options seems like a waste.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »

Ah, now I see what you were saying. My reaction was, "Yeah, and?" but now I see where the miscommunication was.
    Yes, you're correct. Getting people to or from the monorail seems mostly useless. As far as I can see, anyway. Maybe there are or will be better transpo options, but right now, making people line up to ride 2 minutes to get to an area with no better transportation options seems like a waste.

The bus/light rail option is more interesting to me.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, the monorail is nice and close to the arena, but the monorail only has two stops and is really intended as a way for tourists to get from Seattle Center to downtown without having to hike through Belltown. It's not mass transit, it's the additional thing you ride in order to GET to some mass transit, and even there I'm not sure that the monorail station and the bus tunnel/light rail are directly connected.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Avs deserve to lose this one just because of Bednar’s jacket.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Avs deserve to lose this one just because of Bednar’s jacket.

Is that a jacket or a blind? My wife responded with "Yes."

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    I'm sorry I don't see anyone there.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Someone is auditioning to be the new coach on “Coaches Corner”

• Options
    Did I already ask if there was some way the WA have been watching hockey games outside an ESPN w/e subscription.

• Options
    I have a NHL.tv subscription, but the penguins have a lot of blacked out games, which sucks. Like 15-20 per season

• Options
    I have a NHL.tv subscription, but the penguins have a lot of blacked out games, which sucks. Like 15-20 per season

Even with the subscription? Thats fucking bullshit. We just found an app for the Roku that lets us access w/e we would normally get with an antenna, and my wife saw a hockey game on there a couple weeks ago, so I've been looking to see if more will come up, but no luck so far.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Even with the subscription? Thats fucking bullshit. We just found an app for the Roku that lets us access w/e we would normally get with an antenna, and my wife saw a hockey game on there a couple weeks ago, so I've been looking to see if more will come up, but no luck so far.

What's the app name?

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Locast. Its kind of annoying cause it kicks you to a "Please subscribe" bit every ~10 minutes, but if you back out during commercials and load back in a minute or two later you usually don't miss anything.

• Options
    I have a YoutubeTV sub but that only covers normal network televised games. And they ask you for your zip code, so I don't know if you can use that to hop around and catch out of market or blacked out games.

I'm still debating a NHL.tv sub next season or possibly for the postseason.

• Options

Every game that's on NBC is blacked out, but available to watch within minutes of the game ending which works good for me on the west coast cause I can't normally watch east coast games live anyways. And you can skip intermissions and commercial breaks! Just have to stay off social media so the game isn't spoiled

Every game that's on ESPN is blacked out for at least a couple days. I don't know if they ever go on the service

And all playoff games are also not part of the subscription

Honestly it's a pretty big ripoff but I forgot to unsubscribe so it auto renewed

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    It's so ridiculously impossible to watch hockey legally I don't understand.

• Options

Every game that's on NBC is blacked out, but available to watch within minutes of the game ending which works good for me on the west coast cause I can't normally watch east coast games live anyways. And you can skip intermissions and commercial breaks! Just have to stay off social media so the game isn't spoiled

Every game that's on ESPN is blacked out for at least a couple days. I don't know if they ever go on the service

And all playoff games are also not part of the subscription

Honestly it's a pretty big ripoff but I forgot to unsubscribe so it auto renewed

This is the part that got me to unsub. At first I went with the cable tv version of NHL all access or whatever. Then switched to the NHL.tv sub. Now I'm luck, live in Tampa and haven't had a blacked out Bolts game yet, and they play on regular cable.

50433.png?1708759015
This discussion has been closed.