As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The NHL responded to the Hurricanes “complaint”....

Well that’s a relief.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    :x

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I can’t take much more of this. I keep seeing a shot coming, and saying “this is it!”. I’m tired of being wrong.

P.s. who the hell is Whitney? Why should I care? And who’s the other guy in the commercials with him now?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Bos v Car tomorrow 8am

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I feel like it's a little worrying how tired some of the players look. It could start getting pretty sketch soon.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I feel like it's a little worrying how tired some of the players look. It could start getting pretty sketch soon.

I'm worried at how it's going to affect game 2. Everybody's legs are still going to be dead.

• Options
    1b6rnapgi7xs.png

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Yeah, “delay of game” in the 8th period.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I can’t take much more of this. I keep seeing a shot coming, and saying “this is it!”. I’m tired of being wrong.

P.s. who the hell is Whitney? Why should I care? And who’s the other guy in the commercials with him now?

You mean Ray The Wizard Whitney? 1000+point career defenseman Ray Whitney?

Kids these days...

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Just call the damn penalty shot!!!

• Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Just call the damn penalty shot!!!

They called, like, four in the play in/round robin games. They met their quota for the next 10 years already

• Options
    This counts as two wins, right?

• Options
    Happy they finally won it, but feel bad for that guy who had the puck rebound off his face to set the shot up

• Options
    FrodoItsDone.gif

• Options
    Seth jones played 65minutes

• Options
    4th longest game

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Kids these days...

Sorry, I’m not a kid, and had never heard of him. I watched the NHL pretty religiously from mid 80’s through 1999.

Edit: didn’t mean for it sound snarky, I honestly never heard of him.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Happy they finally won it, but feel bad for that guy who had the puck rebound off his face to set the shot up

I was screaming GOAL GOAL GOAL like a soccer announcer.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Kids these days...

Sorry, I’m not a kid, and had never heard of him. I watched the NHL pretty religiously from mid 80’s through 1999.

Edit: didn’t mean for it sound snarky, I honestly never heard of him.

Haha, the first sentence of his wikipedia pages lists him as "Whitney is considered to have been one of the most underrated players in the NHL, as his name has rarely been mentioned amongst hockey fans and writers despite his consistently high point-production throughout his entire 22-year career,"

I mean, I guess it could have been Ryan Whitney instead of Ray, but I think Ray was the more famous one.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Ya Milbury needs to just stop talking. He's already pulled out the "Maybe we should have shootouts in playoff games".

This is apparently real??? I am struggling to understand this....

On another worldly night, Space Needle is an appropriate backdrop. Insane Columbus - TB game. God bless both teams for a great effort. Enough tho. I believe we should end these games sooner via 3 v 3 or shootout after a time. Whaddya think?

BlurryCNTower.jpg

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Ya Milbury needs to just stop talking. He's already pulled out the "Maybe we should have shootouts in playoff games".

This is apparently real??? I am struggling to understand this....

On another worldly night, Space Needle is an appropriate backdrop. Insane Columbus - TB game. God bless both teams for a great effort. Enough tho. I believe we should end these games sooner via 3 v 3 or shootout after a time. Whaddya think?

BlurryCNTower.jpg

Give him a break, he's probably tired from sitting in a chair for ~8 hours.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    But... it doesn't even look like the space needle?

Does Milbury just think all tall towers are space needles? When he goes on vacation and visits a new city that has a tower does he look at it and wonder "Wow they have a Space Needle here too? Crazy"

• Options
    The penguins fired assistant coaches Gonchar and Jacques Martin because they couldn't make jack johnson good at hockey.

• Options
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    That was some nonsense. Carolina had obvious control after the penalty and they didn't blow the whistle. Good thing Boston didn't score.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    The western conference is going to be done with their side of the playoffs a week before the east finishes theirs

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The penguins fired assistant coaches Gonchar and Jacques Martin because they couldn't make jack johnson good at hockey.

Hmm. Teams could use signing Jack Johnson as a way of firing coaching staff.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Toronto is mounting t

The legend of Jack Minus Forever Johnson continues

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Cue another Milbury tweet about penalty shots

Mugsley on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Wait. Was the Pens' power play so bad that they had to fire Jacques Martin? I thought that was why he was there. And I guess Recchi got let go, too. I thought he was also there for "special teams"

• Options
    It was one of those "want to fire the head coach but got cold feet and insead fired all the assistants" moves, I think.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    It was one of those "want to fire the head coach but got cold feet and insead fired all the assistants" moves, I think.

Yep. Also probably cheaper usually.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    This game didn’t even have one overtime. What the hell man

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Arizona shots on goal: 7
    Nazem Kadri: 6

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    This game is infuriating.

• Options
    FUCKING FINALLY X2

Well deserved for Kadri on the first one.

This discussion has been closed.