Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

3 Beeps NOT during POST

ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
My computer recently started beeping 3 times during normal usage - while nothing else appears to happen or be going wrong (memory is still showing 16 / 16; no HDDs showing error statuses, etc.).

Note that this doesn't happen during POST, which is where apparently everyone on the Googles is experiencing this.

It doesn't appear to be temperature-related - I've got CorsairLink running and checking the temp every time it happens doesn't show anything above 60C or so (GPU temps might be a little higher, but not by much).

Mostly, my ability to self-troubleshoot is being stymied by this being a very common start-up issue. Thoughts?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    What is occurring when it happens?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 22
    Aridhol wrote: »
    What is occurring when it happens?

I have not the foggiest!

It happened today when I was in the kitchen after not having sat down at my desk since last night.

In the past, it’s happened while working in Excel, PowerPoint, and, like, Chrome.

Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Hmm, turn off all "windows sounds"
    https://www.howtogeek.com/219703/how-to-disable-notification-sounds-in-windows-10/

Basically I think some diagnostic or notification is using your pc speaker which would be super annoying.