Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

BOO-STI-OOOOOO! [Overwatch]

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    harbgames went quite well, might just upload my whole POV of the matches tomorrow but here is a snippet for now

Tonkka
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Someone did a visual of the critboxes in the game, and some of them are interesting

https://i.imgur.com/Z3gJnqr.jpg

Ana is used as the base for 100%, so all other numbers are compared to her.

Some things of note:

Brig has the smallest crit box in the game
    Mei is only 1% bigger than Tracer, and has a smaller critbox
    Baptiste is the same size as Tracer and has a smaller critbox
    Mercy is smaller than Ana
    Sigma's toes are not shootable (sorry, foot people)
    D.Va's hitbox is very loose and if you aim low can miss her by quite a bit and still hit her

Of course this doesn't tell the whole story, width is often more important than overall size (ahem), which is why Ana's narrowness in the torso make her feel so much harder to hit than Mercy, and these are only from the front, but I thought it was cool to see these anyway.

Perrsun
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    edited August 11
    for real though, I've got enough OWL tokens to buy 3 skins

do I just get 3 (today's match spoilers)
    Washington Justice
    skins?

Fearghaill on
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Fuel is incredible garbage

l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    for real though, I've got enough OWL tokens to buy 3 skins

do I just get 3 (today's match spoilers)
    Washington Justice
    skins?

I just save my tokens for the special stuff like the MVP skin.

9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    edited August 11
    It's going to be a really long time before the next MVP and division skins, though.

Coinage on
    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    Fearghaill
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's going to be a really long time before the next MVP and division skins, though.

Yeah. I probably have a lot of tokens. I'd just never use the OWL skins.

9MpLNPA.jpg
    edited August 12
    NYXL is going to get eliminated in the first round of playoffs and still act like they're a top tier team. Genuinely one of the worst matches of Overwatch ever

Coinage on
    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    SirToasty
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    NYXL and choking on the playoffs, name a more iconic duo.

edited August 12
    SirToasty wrote: »
    It's not even choking, they're acting like it's beneath them to care about winning unless it's the actual grand finals. Needing to win games before that is a rude imposition

Coinage on
    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    It's not even choking, they're acting like it's beneath them to care about winning unless it's the actual grand finals. Needing to win games before that is a rude imposition

No they're slacking now and it's going to result in them choking in the playoffs. They get the top team from the play ins and are gonna get wrecked.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    v5OSEAI2Leix0_W51QIJO6nG1h_DNPTMbIV7TAf0vIk.png?auto=webp&s=d06567b26ac7e19069d8ef63a96680e6a1605c7e

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Yeah. I probably have a lot of tokens. I'd just never use the OWL skins.

Except for the division skins, I just wait til they put out a new character, then buy a team skin to use until I unlock something I like better.

He wasn't even bad, maybe he can find another team

l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Tonkka
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So the preload just happened

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    TonkkaPerrsun
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I am still in mourning over the loss of Lucioball, so I give you one final tribute before the new patch hits.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    davidsdurions
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i'm glad I got to experience goats just once before it died

been a long time since i've laughed so much at a video game

Try EVE Online with my referral code, and I'll like you a little bit: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=86622db9-a6f9-41e8-b846-c305f625b55b
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Won my first dps comp match. Placements are gonna be wild.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    I do not like that you queue for Quick Play before you pick your role

I feel like that's just going to lead to people joining, seeing all the DPS or whatever role they want is already filled, and then quitting and then people backfilling get stuck with whatever role is available, whether or not they're good at it or want to play it

Stealth Whole Hog buff?

PerrsunFencingsax
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

I feel like that's just going to lead to people joining, seeing all the DPS or whatever role they want is already filled, and then quitting and then people backfilling get stuck with whatever role is available, whether or not they're good at it or want to play it

Well it's roll around in the muck of arcade now as I enjoyed the odd games of all dps or heals in quick play it was fun. Being forced to pick your roll seems silly as I just showed up and picked whatever the team needed

I haven’t played the live server yet but that’s not how it was on the PTR iirc. You chose QP, then your role choices, then go. If you don’t want to play not-dps then you don’t click those boxes.

KanaFencingsax
    Perrsun wrote: »

I haven’t played the live server yet but that’s not how it was on the PTR iirc. You chose QP, then your role choices, then go. If you don’t want to play not-dps then you don’t click those boxes.

There’s no pre-queue choice at the moment, you click QP, it queues, you get a match and initially all the heroes are available until a role fills and then they grey out, or you pick a hero and the corresponding role

• TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    Huh, i like that way less. Is it the same in comp?

steam_sig.png
    Ahhh, role limits are in place now, role queue for QP is coming later

Still not a fan, I feel like this is asking for tantrums

hmm. ew. not sure why this is staggered in this way. probably makes things more stressful/annoying for now....

Try EVE Online with my referral code, and I'll like you a little bit: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=86622db9-a6f9-41e8-b846-c305f625b55b
    Kwoaru
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

hmm. ew. not sure why this is staggered in this way. probably makes things more stressful/annoying for now....

They wanted to give a real test to the role queue sytem on the live servers because PTR is useless, but didn't want to risk breaking the whole game for everyone if it blew up.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I thought Jeff said it was a "live beta test".

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN
    That's ok I guess but I feel like this intermediate system doesn't... Prove anything? Other than that insta lock dps is even more burdensome than we thought

I think the beta is the mini competitive season that is using Role Queue. That gets them a player base larger than the PTR but smaller than Quick Play for a couple weeks

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I think the beta is the mini competitive season that is using Role Queue. That gets them a player base larger than the PTR but smaller than Quick Play for a couple weeks

Right, but the point is it's kinda of weird and worst-of-both-worlds to implement role lock in QP without also being able to choose your role beforehand. Maybe there's some need for them to do it this way, but as a player it sucks. I know I won't be touching QP at all till it gets implemented properly.

Phoenix-D
    I have no choice, I'm still only lv19 on PC so no competitive for me just yet

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Honestly, it sounds like you might be better off doing arcade

I wanna plaaay Siiigma but it will mess up my hands more, I guess I'll just complain on Reddit he's imbalanced

l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I’m a little mixed about the changes to comp rewards.

I like that each role only needs 5 matches to get a rating.
    I like that you can theoretically win more points at the end of the season.

I dislike how it’s only theoretical that you can get more points.

Under the old system, if I ended in Plat I got 500 points. Under the new system, if I get all 3 roles to Plat I get 600...
    if I get 2 Plat and 1 Gold I get 500 still (so essentially I had to play 5 extra matches for now extra reward)
    If I get 1 Plat, 1 Gold, and 1 Silver (which will likely be my Support/Tank/DPS ranks) I’d get 350... which is better-than-old-Gold but worse-than-old-Plat.